Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2477

Thread: Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Lance just kept killing off my best pokemon in the Elite Four...
    My HG team
    = Snorlax
    = Dialga
    = Shedninja
    = Dragonite
    = Lanturn
    = Skarmory

@vdW: I also have a Poliwag that I caught with the move Water Sport.

And I admit I wasn't expecting that big of a difference between E4 round one, and E4 round two. I'm thinking they should've added a place to train that has higher leveled Pokemon that Mount Silver.

Also, a difference I've noticed at least, is that trainers who have your number don't call nearly as often as they did in the originals, and I should add that the mom in the games just buy berries that aren't even used very often >.<

I have only one other complaint though, and it's something I miss dearly. Remember the old fashioned 'Mystery Gift'? Where you just line up the Infrared ports on your GBC, and you get an item, whether common or rare, from ANYBODY. Yeah, I miss that.
    2837 3144 7509 - SS Friend Code, Scorpio.

"Don't worry, all will end soon. All thoughts, all words, all feelings, all your love and hatred. Everything will end here! But again, don't worry, death may bring peace to your soul" - The Blue Scorpion.

They need you to click them! xD

A minor thing I dislike about HG/SS is that the Berries in your bag are no longer numbered.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

I don't like how its only possible to grow 4 berries at a time.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Most frustrating thing: The Game Corner. It used to be this epic Slots thing and I loved that other game with the cards, it was so sick, but now instead they have Voltorb Flip and one little room. I mean, WTF?
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

I hate Johto's obsession with Dragons.

By the end of the game I was absolutely sick of dragon types and Gyarados. The only reason Lance is strong is because he uses dragon type Pokemon, plus the other three.

Cynthia on the other hand is strong because her Pok&#233;mon are good. Granted she has Garchomp but the rest of her Pok&#233;mon are common species but have proved they are powerful. Lance trains naturally strong Pok&#233;mon as a short cut to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post
    The only reason Lance is strong is because he uses dragon type Pokemon.

Lance trains naturally strong Pokémon as a short cut to winning.
    Isn't that his downfall, though, given that you can basically mow him down with a taste of his own medicine or, even better, by throwing an ice cube at any of his Pokémon?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

One thing: the Safari Zone. I only went once to do the quests, but now, with all of this useless items and stuff, I dont bother with it.

And last, the Game Corner.

Jun is busting all over!

Voltorb flip...just such a fail.

There wasn't enough nostalgia.

GB sounds should've been available at the start at the game.

Bro-tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantice View Post

They pulled an entire decade-old game from the archives and remade it for you and there wasn't enough nostalgia? Really? Really?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

They pulled an entire decade-old game from the archives and remade it for you and there wasn't enough nostalgia? Really? Really?
    No, it wasn't.

Just because I grew up with Pokemon doesn't mean the remakes will make me auto-nostalgia.

Bro-tier.

That's entirely on you, then. The very game itself is enough nostalgia for another decade by any reasonable metric. Short of giving you an unchanged port of Gold/Silver to play on your DS - not a reasonable expectation - what else could they have possibly done?

-----
    Words to|live by

That's entirely on you, then. The very game itself is enough nostalgia for another decade by any reasonable metric. Short of giving you an unchanged port of Gold/Silver to play on your DS - not a reasonable expectation - what else could they have possibly done?
    Oh, I don't know, actually make it in the Gen 2 battle style instead of the unbearably slow Gen 4 style?

Bro-tier.

So the only real problem you have is that they updated the game to the modern standards instead of keeping the antiquated standards of the 2nd generation.

That prompts the question of why you expected them to keep the very heart of the game adherent to an archaic standard in the first place.

-----
    Words to|live by

That Kyogre is HeartGold exclusive,and Groudon is SoulSilver exclusive.Um..why?Shouldn't it be the other way around,considering Groudon and Ho-oh serve similar functions in their original games?
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

So the only real problem you have is that they updated the game to the modern standards instead of keeping the antiquated standards of the 2nd generation.

That prompts the question of why you expected them to keep the very heart of the game adherent to an archaic standard in the first place.
    I never said I expected them to keep the root fundamentals of the original gen 2. I'm just saying that the extremely slow battling coupled with boring remixes (except for a few, but they ruined Ice Cave) does not equal nostalgia trip.

Hopefully they redeem themselves on the third gen remakes (if they get made) since that is my favorite generation.

edit: And yes, I do prefer the faster battling in previous generations to the fourth gen.

Bro-tier.

The only real problem I had with it was mainly with the GTS, how you could only search up Pokemon you've seen in your dex already... but I worked with it, so it's all good XD.

How they took away the Pokeradar. I suppose that makes sense, since G/S/C didn't have large patches of grass, but hey, they could have changed the way it works, or something...
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

the f***ed up critical hit ratio. My god, they are just out right absurd!!!

And this also applies to DPPt, the fact that I can't use the GTS because I either cannot connect to Wi-Fi or I'm in the middle of frickin' nowhere
    Last edited by theraggedyman; 25th September 2010 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theraggedyman View Post
    the f***ed up critical hit ratio. My god, they are just out right absurd!!!

And this also applies to DPPt, the fact that I can't use the GTS because I either cannot connect to Wi-Fi or I'm in the middle of frickin' nowhere
    There really isn't anything bad about the critical hit ratio.

About the GTS, what do you people expect? How do you connect to Wi-Fi if you are in the middle of nowhere? You can't. Nobody can connect to wifi in the middle of the ocean or the desert.

@Chaska Littlegraves-If the GTS wasnt limited to seen Pokemon, it would be unbearably easy to finish the POkedex. Pokemon doesn't need to be any easier, it should be harder if anything.

@Quantice-If you really need the remakes to be exactly the same, play the originals. Nobody wants a game that's exactly the same, exept maye the people who don't realize that GameFreak needs to change things up if the game will be a new experience as opposed to playing the originals.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

The Old man in front of Celadon Gym.

It went from "This Gym is full of women!" To "I love this gym! It's full of Strong Trainers!"
    Well **** you old man. **** you.

I don't particularly like the new PC system, they could have just kept the DPP, but that's a very minor gripe, they're great games and I love them.
    FC: 4081-7324-3002

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantice View Post

GB sounds should've been available at the start at the game.
    Here's my problem with the game: It's too similar to G/S/C, in other words, there's too much nostalgia. Honestly, I don't give a s#1t about nostalgia. Yes, I understand that HG/SS are remakes, and like FR/LG, there's not much that's going to be changed in terms of available Pokemon, the Pokedex, etc.

There is a rant coming in this post, but to start off, here is what I actually like about HG/SS:
    *Wi-fi Plaza from Platinum
    *GTS from Platinum
    *Battle Frontier from Platinum
    *Graphics
    *Map layouts
    *Kanto
    *Gym Leader Rematch teams (not the method and levels though)

I guess rather than a G/S/C remake, I personally wanted a modernized Johto game. By modernized, this is what I wished HG/SS would have been:
    A Pokedex with 210 Pokemon, filled with mostly Gen II Pokemon, Rattata is nowhere to be seen (until Kanto anyway), the Kanto starters & legends should not be in the Johto Pokedex at all, all Pokemon in a Pokemon's evolutionary family included in the PokeDex, such as Wynaut and Weavile, this will make it fair with the Hoenn and Sinnoh games, Prof. Elm should introduce you in the intro, the Rocket Executives should actually be strong instead of giving Proton a Lv8 Zubat (this will also make it fair with the Hoenn and Sinnoh games, since Tabitha, Courtney, Matt, Shelly, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn are actually a little challenging, unlike Proton, Petrel, Ariana, and Archer, who are PATHETIC), a proper rematch system, not the bulls#1t excuse of the PokeGear, actual trainers in Victory Road, make Route 23 actually exist like in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG, make Johto Pokemon actually appear in Johto, Falkner using Murkrow, Bugsy using Yanma, Morty using Misdreavus, Chuck using Heracross, also, fix the lack of level progression between the 5th-7th Gyms (because there isn't any, because Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce are all basically at the same level), this would allow for slightly higher levels, allowing Clair to perhaps go up to Lv43, and let Lance use non-hax Dragonites (I would allow the Dratini family in the Johto Dex, since the Hoenn Dex includes 2 pseudo-legends, it would be fair for the Johto Dex to include Dratini and Larvitar), oh, and I know I already mentioned this, but there needs to be more Johto Pokemon in Johto, and Karen could have used a Tyranitar as her signature, which would have been epic, because then it would be like Hoenn's R/S E4 having 2 pseudo-legendaries, give Blue a Kanto starter, and make Red have one Kanto starter, not 3, and remove his weakass Pikachu, because the anime & Pokemon Yellow can kiss my ass. Oh, and "Red's team was based off of Gen I was a whole" can also kiss my ass.

/rant

Basically, in terms of a G/S/C remake, these games are perfect. But in terms of a modern Pokemon game in Johto like they said they would do, HG/SS is pure fail. And since I don't give a crap about nostalgia, I didn't want a G/S/C remake, I wanted a modern game in Johto, which I anticipated since they said that they want HG/SS to seem like a new Pokemon game to new fans, but they tried to do both (nostalgia vs moderness) and failed, and as a result the only part of the game that I like is the Kanto half, which I ironically disliked in G/S/C.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 26th September 2010 at 3:19 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    But in terms of a modern Pokemon game in Johto like they said they would do, HG/SS is pure fail.
    They never "said they would do" anything. The games are titled Heart Gold and Soul Silver. How could you possibly have come into these games expecting anything but a modernized version of Gold and Silver, taking the same template and scenarios and updating them to the modern mechanical, gaming and technical standards?

I didn't want a G/S/C remake
    And yet you bought a game with titles that share their name anyway.

but they tried to do both and failed
    Wait, didn't you just say they succeeded at remaking Gold and Silver?

I'm really sort of amazed that someone could actually believe this to themselves. Somehow, you've managed to hate the games for being exactly what they were conceived, developed and executed as.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast