Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2477

Thread: Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Have you not played Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? And I disagree that HG/SS were modernized G/S/C's, they weren't modernized at all, all it is is just Crystal with the 4th Gen battle system and a vastly improved Kanto.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I have played three of those four templates, since you asked. To what end?

You can disagree all you want, but that's exactly what HG/SS were: the Johto (and 2nd gen Kanto) template, updated to the modern standards. Again, I'm not sure how you could have gone in expecting any different, particularly after FR/LG.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 26th September 2010 at 3:44 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I was mad that I couldn't buy coins at first, not because the gambling machines were changed to Voltorb Flip-card... Than I got the hang of it and can score a lot of coins, now I'm not mad.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I have played three of those four templates, since you asked. To what end?

You can disagree all you want, but that's exactly what HG/SS were: the Johto (and 2nd gen Kanto) template, updated to the modern standards. Again, I'm not sure how you could have gone in expecting any different, particularly after FR/LG.
    Now, I could have sworn that I read the "modernize" part in an interview, but for now, the President at the top of Celadon Condominiums says something along the lines of, "Working on bringing back memories, but is also completely new!". And I know that FR/LG, like HG/SS, is also almost exactly the same as the original, but I never said FR/LG was perfect as a modern game either.

What I meant by perfect as remakes, is well, yeah, they succeeded in making HG/S almost exactly like G/S/C by not taking care of some of it's biggest flaws. In terms of a modern Pokemon game, they failed, particularly the lack of Johto Pokemon in Johto, and the extremely weak Rocket Executives.

the Johto (and 2nd gen Kanto) template, updated to the modern standards.
    How the hell is the HG/SS Johto considered "modern standards"? That's what I meant by, "have you played the 3rd & 4th Gen games". If Johto was updated to modern standards, than pretty much most of what I mentioned in my rant would not needed to have been mentioned. For instance, Sinnoh is filled with Gen IV Pokemon, Hoenn is filled with Gen III Pokemon, Kanto is filled with Gen I Pokemon, and Johto is filled with... Gen I Pokemon? Again? Oh, and the really really weak Rocket Executives. I think it's pretty obvious that a Lv8 Zubat would not have been allowed by "modern standards".
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

So it's not that you actually have a problem with the game, it's that you're leveling an inordinate amount of anger towards the sometimes-wonky levels and selection of wild Pok&#233;mon and key trainer opponents, as people have been doing on and off for the last year.

The two are absolutely modern games in that they look, play and operate adherent to the standards in those departments as established by the three Sinnoh titles. Wild Pok&#233;mon and opponent trainer levels and selection are not a function of the game engine, the graphics or any of the other 4th gen standards to which HG/SS adhered and even exceeded, in some cases.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I hate the Battle Factory because it's too hard.

Let me emphasize that:

I HATE THE EFFING BATTLE FACTORY

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The makers of the Battle Factory should be thrown in prison, and they won't be allowed to leave until the get the Colored Symbol. Oh wait, they will never leave because the makers thought it would be funny to program something into the game that even the makers AKA experts couldn't even do.

I've only reached Thorton (boss) once which I was proud of. Just reaching him is just way too hard. I swear I always lose to the dumbest crap, like just today I lost on the first battle to something very stupid (I forget what it was.)

And lastly, I thought Pokemon games were targeted towards the younger audience. Well if I can't beat it with me being 16 years old, then how in the world will a 7 year old have a shot at any of the Battle Facilities?

Side note: You suck Dahlia. I hate you.

Side note 2: Most of the Battle Facilities are uncreative. It's just like the Battle Tower, but with twists. The Battle Palace, Arena, Pyramid, and Pike were the best and ORIGINAL.
    00][/CENTER]

The thing that makes me the angriest is how quickly underleveled your pokemon get. You honestly have to put in a buttload of training at certain parts, which really annoy's me alot.
    Pokemon Y FC: 0963-0268-8088
    Friend Safari, Dark. Cacturn, Nuzleaf, and Absol.
    Current Goals;
    Collect Mega Stones
    Obtain all the Kalos Pokemon: 33/69
    Obtain all Pokemon: 101/718

Electric: Thank you for understanding my pain with the Battle Factory. I have the hardest time reaching the silver print too... I have earned it, but when I lose my streak again, it's another hour or two struggling with it. The concept of getting used to using new Pokemon constantly is a pain, plus that some of them fail. Like special sweeping blissey? What is that even doing there?

And some of the opponents can be so tough. Seriously, running into toxic stalls can really tick someone off... and when you get one, you end up fighting a steel type with them on occasion anyway. Getting a 49 streak in the Castle and Arcade wasn't hard because the first 21 matches are against Pokemon that mostly have lacking stats, and are not fully evolved. But in the battle factory, you can get matched against Garchomp during the first match if the game feels like it.

I do admit, after beating the Brain for the first round, the matches can get easier if you switch Pokemon in between every battle. Seriously, I rented a Latias once because I switched so often. The round after that had a Registeel.

By the way, I've found a list for all the Pokemon you can possibly rent and battle in the battle factory. It helps, a lot. You can use one move an opponent makes as an inference of what it's other moves are, in addition to it's item, nature, and ability. Shall I put up a link?
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    I hate the Battle Factory because it's too hard.

Let me emphasize that:

I HATE THE EFFING BATTLE FACTORY

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The makers of the Battle Factory should be thrown in prison, and they won't be allowed to leave until the get the Colored Symbol. Oh wait, they will never leave because the makers thought it would be funny to program something into the game that even the makers AKA experts couldn't even do.

I've only reached Thorton (boss) once which I was proud of. Just reaching him is just way too hard. I swear I always lose to the dumbest crap, like just today I lost on the first battle to something very stupid (I forget what it was.)

And lastly, I thought Pokemon games were targeted towards the younger audience. Well if I can't beat it with me being 16 years old, then how in the world will a 7 year old have a shot at any of the Battle Facilities?

Side note: You suck Dahlia. I hate you.

Side note 2: Most of the Battle Facilities are uncreative. It's just like the Battle Tower, but with twists. The Battle Palace, Arena, Pyramid, and Pike were the best and ORIGINAL.
    Does it hurt to have a little challenge? It might e hard, but you don't have to spam capitals and E's to tell it to people.

The makers of the battle factory should bethrown into prison? Is there a way of saying that without insulting people? And I'm sure plenty of the people at GameFreak can beat it without too much trouble.

And then you insult some code that looks like a person.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    By the way, I've found a list for all the Pokemon you can possibly rent and battle in the battle factory. It helps, a lot. You can use one move an opponent makes as an inference of what it's other moves are, in addition to it's item, nature, and ability. Shall I put up a link?
    Ooo! Yes Please. This would help a huge amount.

On-topic: I hate how Kanto is so boring. About half way through it feels like a chore to get through. I get they remade the game and that Gold and Silver were just as boring but why couldn't they have added some new elements that could interest someone.

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post
    Ooo! Yes Please. This would help a huge amount.

On-topic: I hate how Kanto is so boring. About half way through it feels like a chore to get through. I get they remade the game and that Gold and Silver were just as boring but why couldn't they have added some new elements that could interest someone.
    I believe they're focusing on the main story, and since Kanto is really just extra content already... But I wouldn't mind more stuff in Kanto. Maybe they were running low on Game Card storage space.
    Anyway, if they changed it more, morepeople would complain about practically nothing like is always in th "things in HgSs that make you angry/confused" thread.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Okay, here is the link containing a list of all Pokemon you can possibly rent and battle in Pt/HG/SS. I think even some of the new ones from HG/SS such as the Torterra with amnesia are on here. Enjoy. Tell me your results with this list, if you can.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=22

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    Okay, here is the link containing a list of all Pokemon you can possibly rent and battle in Pt/HG/SS. I think even some of the new ones from HG/SS such as the Torterra with amnesia are on here. Enjoy. Tell me your results with this list, if you can.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=22
    Thanks a whole lot. This will definitely help when I'm battline some of the tougher opponents

I'm incredibly ****** off at Pennant Capture. Got a score of ****in 49, could've gotten 50 if I had grabbed one more flag (had 8 instead of 9), but I didn't do the math and thought 8 would be fine. Ever since I've been SRing doing the speed course for Pennant Capture but now it's just being lame by giving me bad maps, horrible flag respawns, and Pokemon constantly raping me from behind.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Pennant capture is like the easiest course there is...

Pfft, whatever.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Actually, I agree with you. I mean, you have to guide your Pokemon around the field with all these other stupid one crashing into you like they're blind or something. And they're fast. (Um, excuse me. A Sandshrew is not faster than a Raikou.)

the thing that I hate the most is how weak my team seems. I mean, it's been four months since I beat the Champion and maybe two months since I gol all my badges and I still have to fight Red and his damn team of level 80 and up!

but besides that I'm happy.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Does it hurt to have a little challenge? It might e hard, but you don't have to spam capitals and E's to tell it to people.

The makers of the battle factory should bethrown into prison? Is there a way of saying that without insulting people? And I'm sure plenty of the people at GameFreak can beat it without too much trouble.

And then you insult some code that looks like a person.
    Adamant Togekiss? Modest Swampert? What are they on? No wonder why it's impossible: they give us awful Pokemon to use. Another thing is something like "The opponent has a Pokemon that knows Thunderbolt." Yeah that helps a lot.
    Last edited by Electric; 29th September 2010 at 8:41 PM.
    00][/CENTER]

^ well said. The Battle Factory has ****** me off various times. It's either you get good Pokemon with lame moves, or kinda bad Pokemon with good moves. Or both. Or a combination of the two. Either way it SUCKS.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Well, sometimes you can get Pokemon that are ridiculously good. It kinda depresses me sometimes when I switch in for a dewgong with rest-talk, horn drill, and sheer cold.

Dunno where else to post this, but does anyone find it funny how you can only explore deep into Seafoam Islands by using a guy as support from slipping too far on the ice? lol xD

I miss the VS Seeker and the PokeRadar :[

That damn hurdle jump course and pennant capture!!!!
    The better my jumpers, the more likely they land on the next hurdle and get held up for a bit. The faster they run, the more likely that I have to make all three of them jump at the same time and that two of them both need to jump the second they hit the ground again. I keep getting any where from 82 to 84 seconds. All I need it ONE time of 80.0 or less people!
    And the same goes for the pennant capture!! No matter how well I do, the best is always 45. All I need is 5 more. Gah!!

If I were to have those two scores, then I would have all the trophies and would feel like I beat all of that dome. But, alas...I have not.

0.o

Anyone have any pointers or team ideas? I would REALLY REALLY appreciate them.

what I don't get is the bug catching contest, caught high level pinsir or scyther every time and I've never won. Think I made 3rd one time.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Moonlight Tails: Actually, your chances of earning 1st place are very high if you catch the scyther, pinsir, etc. without attacking it.

Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast