Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Video Game

Default Scariest Video Game

In your own opinion, what is the scariest video game, or even video game series?

I would say SH. It really messes with you especially if you are playing it at home alone, at night.
    ~swablu

I don't play many horror games and such, so I'm just going to say the Ravenholm section of Half Life 2. It's not hard or anything, but holy f-ck, it's atmospheric before you meet with Father Grigori.

My Dad has Bioshock (which makes it therefore readily able to play) and I'm considering playing it but I don't like getting scared the **** out, so I don't know... what's it's "scary factor?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I don't play many horror games and such, so I'm just going to say the Ravenholm section of Half Life 2. It's not hard or anything, but holy f-ck, it's atmospheric before you meet with Father Grigori.
    But it's fun as hell using gravity gun on zombies. Especially when you turn on cheats, spawn ten of them, line them up, and chop 'em up.

I haven't played a lot of horror games, but Dead Space scared the **** out of me.

Dead Space has my vote. I played through it with a buddy of mine and we were both jumping every step of the way. The speed walking/twitching mutants were def the craziest.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Silent Hill 2 is an incredible game for being scary, but it's not the kind that will make you jump out of your chair. It lures you into a sense of "What the HELL is going on?!" and screws around with your mind as it pleases.

Dead Space I love and am eager for the sequel. It's made me jump and yell more than any other game, it looks fantastic, and does the isolated atmosphere very well. I love when you find the messed up stuff like the guy banging his head off the wall or the woman with bandages over her eyes holding the dismembered torso in her arms. The Brute bursting through the wall in the ships hall for the first time scared me WAY more than the dog in the window from Resident Evil. The sound design is immersive and having no HUD just adds to that. Overall there weren't many enemies in total so bring on Dead Space 2.
    Oh, and Extraction was amazing for what they did on the Wii. Not to mention chock-full of fan-service.

But Silent Hill has Pyramid Head and Dead Space has... the Hive Mind... <_<'

I think there's no real contest here - Silent Hill (1-3, later ones just don't have that feeling) just wins this. The good thing about SH is that it's not really an action-y horror game, which puts you on the edge of your seat, it's more of a game that concentrates on ****ing with your mind and freaking you out. And it's the best one that can do that.

Currently trying to fix the mistakes I've made.
        Spoiler:- Sad story:

Dead Space. i was playing through it the other night and i was going down an elevator. at the bottom a woman screamed in the game. it was about midnight and both my parents were half asleep. i didnt realize how load the tv was so when the scream happened, my dad thought there was a real woman across the street screaming. my mom got a little nervous. both my parents started to fuss at me. i eagerly wait for Dead Space 2

i dont play any scary games, but from what ive seen dead space is crazy scary.

hai bh :3

Dementium: The Ward, when I watched my brother play the game. It's gets more disturbing at the end.

If anything, Luigi's Mansion...I was in 2nd grade...I heard did hear that some people were too scared to play Dead Space though.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

If anything, Luigi's Mansion...I was in 2nd grade...I heard did hear that some people were too scared to play Dead Space though.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    what's it's "scary factor?"
    You'll jump at points, because enemies tend to be heard and not seen, right up until they club you with some blunt object.

More creepy than scary.

I've never exactly played a horror game before, but I've done my research via youtube and the Silent Hill games are the worst. But that's just from what I've seen, so...
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

i have no idea how i forgot this but whatever. Doom 3 can have its creepy points. you cant have the flashlight and a weapon out at the same time without a mod, making it sometimes difficult. from what i understand, all enemies and objects you use in the game are supposed have something on the model that glows, but the Hell Knight doesnt glow... and then there was the first time you encounter Cherubs. you hear a woman scream "No! Don't take my baby!" then you suddenly start fighting swarms of humanoid babies with dead-pale eyes, insect wings and limbs. rather creepy if you ask me.

The Silent Hill Series is incredibly fun. The first 3 games are definitely the best in the series. Pyramid Head is probably the most intimidating creature in the game. My favorite part was when you're in the closet and witness what can only be described as him raping and stuffing a Mannequin into the garbage disposal.

Another great game for screwing with your head was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It came out on the gamecube so it was probably unnoticed by a lot of people. The more traumatic the experience, the more you would go "insane"...you could start hallucinating even get the blue screen of death so to speak. This was an amazing game.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

Katamari Damacy.

Imagine living in a world like that, where your life is pointless and only to be used as building materials.

And God likes to get drunk.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

For the life of me I can't understand the satisfaction people get from scaring themselves silly. I'm not big on the horror games. I have played Bioshock, which was more survival/horror than FPS to me, and it was creepy, yet awesome. The horror didn't overwhelm the gameplay or any of the fun, it just made it really atmospheric.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Katamari Damacy.

Imagine living in a world like that, where your life is pointless and only to be used as building materials.

And God likes to get drunk.
    I dunno... that sounds pretty close to reality.

I think Fatal Frame is really scary....
    I hate paperwork.

Mario scares the crap out of me. Lol.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

wolvenstein 3-D scared the hell out of me when i was a kid, it was so realistic back then D:

Heh. Not a horror game, but Metroid Prime's Chozo ghosts were pure nightmare fuel at first. Ah I love em.

The Silent Hills series is pretty scary, at least when I played them.

Right now none, In my childhood Mortal Kombat games from the first gameboy had always gave the creeps especially the music and the sounds.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

How about LoZ:Majora's Mask? Nothing sets the mood quite like an impending (and obviously so) apocalypse, and the half-mummies, haunted dead people being turned into very painful transformation masks, and the very creepy moon children help it in no way at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast