Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

Hybrid View

Default Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

Serebii Forums
    Suggestion Thread

A new year, a new thread.

Well not really, because the last thread was from 2008 so I figured it was high time for a new one.

A few minor pointers first before we get into the main bulk of the topic...

[img]http://i45.*******.com/169hhlk.png[/img]

[img]http://i48.*******.com/2dlsubp.png[/img]

[img]http://i48.*******.com/3503sko.png[/img]

I think that should get the message across...
    2008 - 2009 edition

EU release dates for the Pokemon Games would be a nice touch !
    Revenge Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Hig View Post
    EU release dates for the Pokemon Games would be a nice touch !
    They have not been confirmed yet. March 26th is just a guess date.
    << Thanks, Gladeshadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Prinplup View Post
    They have not been confirmed yet. March 26th is just a guess date.
    I think Hig is referring to the games in general. Like if you scroll down this page http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/ to the release dates, Joe only has the US and Japan ones listed there.

... except this should be in the serebii.net thread, this suggestion thread is for the forums ;X
    My TSV is 1021

If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you. Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

2895, 2653, 3711, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 3404, 2844, 0801

I think we should have signature reposrt buttons, just to make it easier. (Although I never really report sigs, I just tell the person to fix it, )
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Poke Man View Post
    I think we should have signature reposrt buttons, just to make it easier. (Although I never really report sigs, I just tell the person to fix it, )
    Just pm a mod+, smod, or admin about it. It's really not that difficult, and having a button for sigs wouldn't be that helpful because all mods receive reports, and regular moderators can't delete sigs.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Should create like some sort of sppf marketplace where members can offer their various services

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Should create like some sort of sppf marketplace where members can offer their various services
    What kind of services do you mean? Trading we have a place for, and breeding etc goes with it. If you means to actually sell or swap things then such actions would best be done in private messages. The last thing we would want is a thread full of peoples home addresses.

Nah, I meant like breeding services and ev training or leveling services, similar to the fan art section, where people have their own shops
    Last edited by Agonist; 6th January 2010 at 3:28 PM.

SOmething to stop the lag.

If someones not on for maybe six months? Their accounts get deleted. But obn the last week, they get emailed that if they don't get on within this week, your account is going to be deleted.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

SOmething to stop the lag.

If someones not on for maybe six months? Their accounts get deleted. But obn the last week, they get emailed that if they don't get on within this week, your account is going to be deleted.
    That wouldn't do it.

We don't get why the lag happens. We get the trigger but not the cause. It happens when a mod does an IP search or a name change or something which needs a massive search/edit of the database

It has nothing to do with how many users we have

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    That wouldn't do it.

We don't get why the lag happens. We get the trigger but not the cause. It happens when a mod does an IP search or a name change or something which needs a massive search/edit of the database

It has nothing to do with how many users we have
    Since I don't know how it works, wouldn't less users in the database make searching it faster?

Okay. I was off. :X i thought it was because that people come on, then they go off forever and the site saves it to something and it causes lag.

From what I've heard, PokeCommunity has a similar number of registered accounts, posts, and other statistics, and they don't lag when they have IP searches or admins changing names. Something is probably corrupted somewhere, similar to the problem we have with super long posts or posts that use certain words, but it would be next to impossible to find out what exactly is causing the issue.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I've gotten one scamming PMs a day for 3 days straight now, where they're trying to get us to allow virus downloads... all the members banned by the time I went to check my PMs...

So, I was wondering if there was some bit of code that could be added to the forum that would delete all PMs sent by a banned member (maybe in the last 24 hrs) when they get banned.
    Problematic Paranormal Files

The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: Mantis Shrimp have 16 different color receptors (cones), while humans have 3.

I don't think that's possible to do, and if it is, it's probably a vB hack which Joe doesn't like. Honestly I can see the reasoning behind wanting to have it, but it's more effective for members to just use a little common sense (I know, so rare on SPP!!) and not open a random link, especially from a banned member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I don't think that's possible to do, and if it is, it's probably a vB hack which Joe doesn't like. Honestly I can see the reasoning behind wanting to have it, but it's more effective for members to just use a little common sense (I know, so rare on SPP!!) and not open a random link, especially from a banned member.
    Well, it's annoying more than anything else... caught me off guard the first time since you can't tell if a member has been banned (from the PM listing) without (going and) looking at their profile, but I don't really see a reason it'd be impossible.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 16th January 2010 at 3:57 AM.
    Problematic Paranormal Files

The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: Mantis Shrimp have 16 different color receptors (cones), while humans have 3.

Well, I don't think this counts as a fan game forum, but I think we need a Fake Pokemon Forum. We have a fake card one, so why not?

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

You can have your own art of fake Pokemon in fan art and your own creations in the "create your own anything" sticky in GPD. We don't need yet another place for fans to whine about what they want because they're so much better than Nintendo.

You can have your own art of fake Pokemon in fan art and your own creations in the "create your own anything" sticky in GPD. We don't need yet another place for fans to whine about what they want because they're so much better than Nintendo.
    Yes, but nobody actually reads the "create your own anything threads". They just post and leave.

Plus, it would be a place where us non-arty fakemon makers can get crit on our stats and stuff rather than the art.

And anyone who says "they shud put mi pogeman in teh game coz there so much btta tehn nintendos!!!" is a total idiot. Not all fakemon makers are nubs. :/

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

Default Reply

I like Serebii so much.

Nojja567
    Katha

We don't need yet another place for fans to whine about what they want because they're so much better than Nintendo.
    Well, SPPF has so many category forums for everything else, that I doubt anyone would really notice one more.
    Last edited by SBaby; 22nd January 2010 at 12:15 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/arceus.shtml

this page needs to be updated because if you take the movie arceus to the cave in calestic town it will cause cynthea to show up and expand on her theory of the painting on the wall

This is for the forum, the "What do you want on Serebii.net" place would be better.

This is for the forum, the "What do you want on Serebii.net" place would be better.
    sorry if this os the wrong place
    i dont use serebii for posting so im not familiar with that stuff

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast