Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

Ah yes, I see now. Thanks for explaining.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Small suggestion and sort of a spur-of-the-moment thought, but maybe have an option to get a notification when a post is quoted? I understand it could get cluttered for, say, mod posts that a page-worth of members would quote, but maybe have the option for it to be on/off and ...yeah, I'm not sure how that would work, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    we wouldnt get rid of the search feature because some people actually do use it. it helps you find the answer to your question instead of making a new thread and find other things. i use the search feature a lot personally and i know others who do as well.

for vgc, that would probably be better to ask the crmt mods if they want to do that.

obviously im not profesco so i cant say for sure, but a lot of times mods dont move threads to sections outside of theirs because either 1) your thread wouldnt follow the rules in the other section and would need to be tweaked before it was allowed there or 2) the mod moving the thread is unfamiliar with the section he/she would have to move it to and doesnt want to move a thread that could break the rules or be redundant (that has happened before when some less-considerate mods move stuff).

some mods do make use of it, especially when they're familiar with the section it has to be moved to. but if your thread could potentially break the rules in the new section anyway, its usually easier on the mod doing the moving to lock it and tell you to consider section x instead.
    Ah. I assumed because it doesn't work for me and a few others, that it didn't work at all. Scratch that idea then.

Ask the crmt mods? Will do.

Thanks for the explanation about the closed threads.

MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

It sure would be nice to have all of the User Rank mini-banners updated. It would seem that they all use out-dated sprites of Pokemon, dating back to Gen III. Not to mention, with the release of HeartGold and Soul Silver, new sprites of the Kanto and Johto Gym Leaders/Elite Four have become available.

It would be quite pleasent to see more up-to-date User Ranks, and with all of the talented graphic artists who are members of these Forums, I'm sure you could find somebody who would gladly do it!

Do we have character disscusions for the Pokemon Anime? Because if we do I can't find them. I think it would be a good idea to have some so we can all discuss the characters of the anime. Without bashing, of course.
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

Quote Originally Posted by xxGlassRose View Post
    Do we have character disscusions for the Pokemon Anime? Because if we do I can't find them. I think it would be a good idea to have some so we can all discuss the characters of the anime. Without bashing, of course.
    We had Character Discussion threads, but the Anime Mods apparently couldn't keep up with the sheer amount of SPAM and rule-breaking in them so the whole section seems to have been deleted. The threads weren't able to sustain themselves basically. It wasn't a good idea, maybe in a few more years but not at the moment :[

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    It sure would be nice to have all of the User Rank mini-banners updated. It would seem that they all use out-dated sprites of Pokemon, dating back to Gen III. Not to mention, with the release of HeartGold and Soul Silver, new sprites of the Kanto and Johto Gym Leaders/Elite Four have become available.

It would be quite pleasent to see more up-to-date User Ranks, and with all of the talented graphic artists who are members of these Forums, I'm sure you could find somebody who would gladly do it!
    The ranks are pointless and a waste of space. I don't see why EVEN MORE should need to be added.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

I personally agree with natie. I've never liked the fact that there are so many User Ranks, when the vast majority of forums have around 5 or 6. I imagine the user ranks will get updated with new sprites at some point, but I don't think it's high on Serebii's to do list.

I've been seeing quite a bit of spambots that were only banned but not deleted. So, I'm going to assume that there is no 'spambot button', or at least not all mods have one/make use of it.

Now, the sites that sent those spambots still get some advertising because the posts and/or sigs remain. Which obviously isn't a good thing.

the problem is that mods can only delete posts in the section(s) theyre assigned to, even though they can infract/ban in any forum. so unless youre a smod/admin, if you ban an adbot for posting in gpd but it also posted in misc, hgss, and tech help, you cant delete all the posts. if you see posts like that, report it to a mod of that section or a smod/admin and theyll take care of it. it also helps if you report unbanned spambots asap so we can ban them before they have time to spread to other sections.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

How about a Let's Play forum for posting let's plays of the screenshot or video variety?
    Or a challenge forum for stuff like solo runs and monotype runs.

And may I ask why all those things on the first post aren't allowed? Just wondering, not asking for them.

Sure, I report all spambots ASAP, but I think it'd be a good idea to give all mods the ability to hard delete a member.

Quote Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
    How about a Let's Play forum for posting let's plays of the screenshot or video variety?
    Or a challenge forum for stuff like solo runs and monotype runs.

And may I ask why all those things on the first post aren't allowed? Just wondering, not asking for them.
    those threads don't need an entire forum. if we allow every member to have a single thread dedicated to their own run, it'll become a huge spamfest. instead, we have various threads like "rse monotype run" or something where every member participating in the run posts updates in the topic. if you want to make a thread for a challenge you can do it in the proper forum, but you may want a mod to approve it first.

and it's various reasons. some of it is because it will flat out never happen (custom avatars, name changes, etc). some of it is because when stuff like that happens it's discussed by staff only and we dont want member input because it always leads to trouble (like adding new mods).

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Sure, I report all spambots ASAP, but I think it'd be a good idea to give all mods the ability to hard delete a member.
    the problem is that vbulletin doesnt have a lot of good customization options for permissions. to do that, you'd basically have to make everyone on staff a supermod. and there are a lot of reasons why that would be a bad idea.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I honestly never even knew that 0_0
    Where could Challenges of fan made games be posted then, would those be allowed?

nowhere. fangames arent allowed to be discussed here for legal reasons

Sorry for the late reply. Maybe have an automated notification to all higher ups when a lower mod bans someone?

it's not possible to do notifications like that without hacks, which aren't going to happen. it is the way it is and we have to make the best of it.

is for forum just for suggestions about the forum or can i suggest stuff for like the potw? if not could someone point me in that direction?

^ Serebii.net suggestions go in the thread via this link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=145958 As this thread says - forum suggestions here, but site stuff there. =p

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    it's not possible to do notifications like that without hacks, which aren't going to happen. it is the way it is and we have to make the best of it.
    Alright then, no problem!

Being new, I'm not 100% sure this is where I should be posting this, but I honestly can't find a place more fitting. If this is in the wrong section, please excuse me, and feel free to redirect me.

I noticed on the automatic PM that I got upon registration that it seems just a little confusing. In my best assumption, I believe it was left unchanged from the last time the account verification style changed.

Now at the moment your account is likely to have not been activated, for security reasons we have to manually do it so it may be several hours before it is sorted. You should receive an e-mail when you're activated, but if you don't and over a day has past, you're probably activated as is.
    Right now I can tell that the forum is set to email verification, and this suggests a manual verification.

Let the posts for Pokepolls and the other pokemon games subforums count. Their still engaging in discussions that are no different or less legitimate than the main series ones albeit that it is about a lesser game or has a poll in it, so why not?
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Sorry, I've been gone a bit. Am I to assume there is still no like button feature?

Let the posts for Pokepolls and the other pokemon games subforums count.
    I can't say I know the sections - pokepolls may have the problem of a lot of short posts in it though I imagine ('I chose this one =)' for instance), although other Pokemon games I don't see why not unless there actually is a problem there, which'd strike me as odd...
    Sorry, I've been gone a bit. Am I to assume there is still no like button feature?
    Nope. =p And if you mean reputation I recall a couple of years back it was raised as a possibility but it was knocked back (apparently the last time it was here it didn't work to well, and I recall another pokemon forum which had repeated issues with it >_<). If you mean a facebook-esque feature... that'd likely involve a hack/you can also post you argeeance as well in the thread (while adding to the discussion) or vm them I guess?

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    I can't say I know the sections - pokepolls may have the problem of a lot of short posts in it though I imagine ('I chose this one =)' for instance), although other Pokemon games I don't see why not unless there actually is a problem there, which'd strike me as odd...Nope. =p And if you mean reputation I recall a couple of years back it was raised as a possibility but it was knocked back (apparently the last time it was here it didn't work to well, and I recall another pokemon forum which had repeated issues with it >_<). If you mean a facebook-esque feature... that'd likely involve a hack/you can also post you argeeance as well in the thread (while adding to the discussion) or vm them I guess?
    You make a good point with the polls, but the other pokemon games discussion is you just go to pokemon games-other, and then there is a subforum and a subforum only and it says the posts don't count towards the post count.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast