Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

If you decide to upgrade to vB4 how much better will it be?

Join any vB4 forum and try it out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama View Post
    If you decide to upgrade to vB4 how much better will it be?
    If you go to the vBulletin forum site you can see what it looks like. It's a lot different from what most are used to here since they made a lot of changes visual-wise. For example, the little spot where it says, "Welcome (user)" and shows the Private Messages thing, that's at the very top of the page with only a very small amount of room (bad description, all it is is a little bar that says your username and has the notification thing next to it).

It is nice though, and I'm sure everyone can adjust over time. It doesn't take long to get used to, and is very easy to use.

Im sure it'll be great if you guys decide to upgrade

(Now that the Forums have moved)
    We still lack a Platinum Custom Skin. I would say Giratina for No new posts and Giratina-O for new ones. A color scheme of Silver and Black seems to fit it nicely.

Since the forums are now lag-free, can't you at least see if Custom Avatars would work? i mean, they didn't work before, but now you're on a new server that is lag-free, and you haven't even tried out the Custom Avatars.

You could also upgrade to the most recent V Bulletin.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Pokemon Black and White skins would be greatly appreciated, simply to celebrate the arrival of the newest additions to the series.

Being considered already - if there's money for it and it's decided that it's worth it then it'll happen.
    Pokemon Black and White skins would be greatly appreciated, simply to celebrate the arrival of the newest additions to the series.
    New forum skins will (hopefully) be made once the above is decided upon as well.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Maybe SPPf can have SSBB tortiments. or MKW Races.
    Welcome to SPPf! Where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Yup, the points are like...any argument in this forum!

I have claimed Wooper!

i would like to suggest that you add a icon that says if a user is online or offline
    SONNY
    1420 4398 1028
    PM me with aything or if you need whatever u want f you beat me you get a master ball or tm(any).(warning im easy to beat but im giving)
    Wanted pokemon
    Snorlax,Ryperiror,Sceptile,dusknoir,celibe,lucario ,gyrados,flygon,sizor,starmie,suicune,tokikiss,tyr anitar,umbreon,vaporion,jolteon,glaceon,leafeon,es peon, weavile any of those would do good natueres/decent ivs are very important

I have a lot to offer

Online -
    Offline -

We definitely need one of these... no seriously, don't we already have those icons?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Since the forums are now lag-free, can't you at least see if Custom Avatars would work? i mean, they didn't work before, but now you're on a new server that is lag-free, and you haven't even tried out the Custom Avatars.

Custom Avatars will, very likely, never be implemented here. They take up massive space in the database (We have ~100,000 active users...each has a custom avatar of say 40kb...it adds up) and they will be ridiculously annoying to moderate

We have thousands of avatars here. It shouldn't be hard to find one that suits you

This might have been asked before, but whatever.

Would it be a good idea to get the the threads in GPD to be checked by a mod before being published. Because it is to GPD most addbots/spambot/whatever-you-call-them go. I am not sure if this is too much work for the mods, but it seems to me that it would make the forum cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Custom Avatars will, very likely, never be implemented here. They take up massive space in the database (We have ~100,000 active users...each has a custom avatar of say 40kb...it adds up) and they will be ridiculously annoying to moderate

We have thousands of avatars here. It shouldn't be hard to find one that suits you
    Hm, I guess I never thought of that, or knew that. Serebii since you own the site, what do you think the chances are that you would upgrade to the new VBulletin?
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post

What about profile pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnhippy View Post
    What about profile pictures?
    Who the heck actually uses those? You could just request one to be made at a Fan Art Shop. Aren't Profile Pictures basically "custom" anyways?

I don't know why people are making a big deal out of this. You can find an avatar here that suits your liking. You just need to search for it here.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Who the heck actually uses those? You could just request one to be made at a Fan Art Shop. Aren't Profile Pictures basically "custom" anyways?

I don't know why people are making a big deal out of this. You can find an avatar here that suits your liking. You just need to search for it here.
    I'm asking if they cause as much strain to the server as custom avatars, and if so, why aren't they disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnhippy View Post
    I'm asking if they cause as much strain to the server as custom avatars, and if so, why aren't they disabled?
    That more than likely means no strain is caused with Profiler Pictures otherwise they'd have probably been taken off years ago.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

When do you see Profile Pictures? When you go into someone's profile.

When do you see avatars? Multiple times, in every thread you visit, by every person who is looking at the forum.

How often do you go to someone's profile in comparison to looking at a thread? I wager it's a very big difference. Profile Pictures don't lag the server because they aren't seen very often. Avatars are seen constantly.

What about signatures, don't they lag it quite a bit too?
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by Rangeet View Post
    What about signatures, don't they lag it quite a bit too?
    No, they don't affect the server because they use external images.

Did it ever occur to the mods/admins that the "Rules Breakers Are Giving Us a Headache" banner doesn't link the current rules?

Yes, back in 2009 when the new rules thread was made. I defer this issue to the webmaster.

Yeah, the 4.0 version is better. If it's possible, try and upgrade it!

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

Yo~

Spoiler:- Suggestion in here but possible spoilers:

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast