Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

I don't know if this is possible, but is it possible for under profile privacy, that Private Messaging can be added there, so we can set it to friends, contacts, etc.?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I don't know if this is possible, but is it possible for under profile privacy, that Private Messaging can be added there, so we can set it to friends, contacts, etc.?
    You can already set those features. Just go to Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Private Messaging > Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators. It's already really convenient so changing it around to another location might just be a waste of time :x
    Last edited by Lorde; 23rd September 2010 at 12:07 AM.

Really? I guess I never noticed that. Thanks!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo-Unlegendary View Post
    Let the posts for Pokepolls and the other pokemon games subforums count. Their still engaging in discussions that are no different or less legitimate than the main series ones albeit that it is about a lesser game or has a poll in it, so why not?
    Postcount whoring won't get you anywhere and only makes you look like a fool. If anything, I'd like to see postcount removed from this place, as nowadays all kids seem to be obsessed with making twenty thousand posts per day in sections that up your count, and never even bother looking at the sections that have postcount increase disabled.

tl;dr: remove postcount.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Postcount whoring won't get you anywhere and only makes you look like a fool. If anything, I'd like to see postcount removed from this place, as nowadays all kids seem to be obsessed with making twenty thousand posts per day in sections that up your count, and never even bother looking at the sections that have postcount increase disabled.

tl;dr: remove postcount.
    Not to mention some people seem to use it to illustrate that they have some sort of 'rank' on this site. Really, there's no point in having it.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    If anything, I'd like to see postcount removed from this place,
    Me too. It's been suggested before, Serebii will never go for it though.

I bet he doesn't want to lose his high count
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Can't we make a petition to get rid of it or something like that? :/ I'm personally not a big fan of them either.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

Serebii will never go for it. Same goes for smilies and an option swear filter. It's been raised on the mod forum numerous times.

You should prepare yourself for the inevitable Tissue (Isshu?) League ranks that will dilute the jumps between levels even more.

I hope this is the right place to ask . . .

How about a "storyline discussion" in the Black and White threads? That way, people can discuss the storyline of the game there. I see two reasons why this would be useful.

1) People who don't want the story spoiled can avoid that thread and continue discussing other aspects without running into the story as often.

2) People who know details about the games' plot can discuss the story in a separate thread so it's easier to follow the conversation without it being interrupted by discussions of the PokeShifter, etc.

If the "new characters discussion" already seems to have this covered, then ignore my suggestion, otherwise, I think it could be useful.

Forum Suggestions and "I've an idea for a thread" are not the same thing. The Black and White forum is moderated, that doesn't mean you are forbidden from posting a topic there. As long as you explain in the thread what it's for and what is to be discussed there then it should be accepted, so long as it's not already being covered elsewhere.

Ok, sorry to bother you.

Since I'm not sure if it's already covered by "characters discussion" I'll just leave it alone.

Any explanation as to why there (still) is a swear filter though? I can't think of any. I nearly never see someone straight out insulting others, and I'm sure 'bastard' is pretty much never used as an insult. Heck, what're we supposed to do when we're talking about the king's ******* son?

It's really not working well at all and I truly cannot see why it may not be removed.

Another "Joe won't go for it" issue. But I agree there shouldn't be a swear filter. Yes younger kids may be on this site but I believe the age limit is supposed to be 13. And at that age its hardly unlikely that cursing is unknown to you.

Eh.

I think when they include locations they should somehow find a way to work in the levels they are at idk if i'm the only one who thinks this but it would help ALOT

Update to the latest vBulletin version, perhaps? 4.0 is much better than 3.8.4.

I think an update is being discussed.

Alright then.

I would like to request a sticky 4th generation non-ev battle me thread in the 4th generation battle forum. There are a lot of non-ev trainers out there. I think it is fair to have a thread for those people. It would just be a thread where people request and accept battles with non-ev training rules. I personally see nothing wrong with having something like that on the forum. I know there are a lot of people who would use it including me

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

Default General opinion

A easier way to search topics, which is like the page when you first open the forum. I also think a redesign would be cool. You could make the links stand out and have different backgrounds for each section of the forum
    Charizard Hero

Quote Originally Posted by jacobii View Post
    I would like to request a sticky 4th generation non-ev battle me thread in the 4th generation battle forum. There are a lot of non-ev trainers out there. I think it is fair to have a thread for those people. It would just be a thread where people request and accept battles with non-ev training rules. I personally see nothing wrong with having something like that on the forum. I know there are a lot of people who would use it including me
    Or, you know, you could just go on IRC, look for some people that share your ideas and have some battles with them? I dunno, seems much more fruitful to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by nutter229944 View Post
    A easier way to search topics, which is like the page when you first open the forum.
    Unless you start using forums like everybody else does, and just either have links to the sections of the forum you frequently visit, or go to the main page and click on the interesting things. Nobody ever uses the Search feature anyways, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Quote Originally Posted by nutter229944 View Post
    I also think a redesign would be cool. You could make the links stand out and have different backgrounds for each section of the forum
    Yeah, we really need even more colourful crap.

A Black and white wifi area, where we casual players can battle

/r/ SPPf FAQ update. I'll do the nitty gritty of it if it'll be put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Yggdrasill View Post
    /r/ SPPf FAQ update. I'll do the nitty gritty of it if it'll be put up.
    I've been meaning to do it, but if the forums get upgraded to the next version, it'd be better off doing it then, so everything will be bang on up to date. I'd welcome the help though, if you're offering.

Surely. It's just bbcode, yeah?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast