Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

Not really important at all, but in the FAQ (under Official Dictionary of Terms) it lacks both HGSS(Heargold and Soulsilver) and BW(Black and White). I think it would be easier if they were listed because they are frequently used.

Not really important at all, but in the FAQ (under Official Dictionary of Terms) it lacks both HGSS(Heargold and Soulsilver) and BW(Black and White). I think it would be easier if they were listed because they are frequently used.
    Working on that

This probably has been asked before, but can we please be allowed to upload our own avatars? One, it's a freedom I and others would greatly enjoy. Two, it's a pain to have to search for avatars with the Serelag.
    Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    Fine I'll fite u all

What lag are you talking about? It's pretty much all been solved. :/

There can be no custom avatars because those would put a strain on the server, even if they're hosted somewhere else, and that would bring back the lag yet again.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

if think it should be a shoutbox on this site.

I can't speak english well.... Polish guy...

I can't speak english well.... Polish guy...

Since this was the only thread concerning the forums itself, I thought this would be the best place to put it.
    At the very top of the forums, next to User CP, is the FAQ. I clicked on it, and it read

Serebii.net Standard FAQs

* General Questions
    * Signitures & Pictures
    * Posting FAQs
    * Mod Questions

Signature here is spelt wrong. It's nitpicky, yes, but correct spelling is necessary in the FAQ.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:

Some of the links in the top right corner in some of the older themes don't go to the rules, they go to a dead-end.

Also, how do I see all of my posts? Best I can find is the last 200 posts, by hitting the "Find All Posts by [insert username]" button in the Profile section/
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by alarey24 View Post
    You can use IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    Since this was the only thread concerning the forums itself, I thought this would be the best place to put it.
    At the very top of the forums, next to User CP, is the FAQ. I clicked on it, and it read

Serebii.net Standard FAQs

* General Questions
    * Signitures & Pictures
    * Posting FAQs
    * Mod Questions

Signature here is spelt wrong. It's nitpicky, yes, but correct spelling is necessary in the FAQ.
    There's many more typo's than that, and I want to fix them, but I'm still waiting for a full dump of all the non-post text on the forums. :/
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

a full dump of all the text on the forums would not be an easy task and it would be easier to just go through and correct the typos myself. the text is editted in a bunch of different places so you can't just say "oh hey admin cp give me all the text please thx <3." you have to go to all the different sections and copy/paste manually and then if all the typos got corrected you have to go back to each different section and paste the appropriate text.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

You can use this as a quicker way of visiting each forum. That should cut down having to into every sub forum.

Alright, I'll have a look into it. Thanks guys.

I'll be on holiday for a week now, so I won't be able to do anything, but I'll try to correct the mistakes when I get back.

Also, something I thought of is that there could be a possibility to temporarily give me the power to edit that text (even if it requires you to admin me for an hour or so). Yeah yeah, sounds fishy, but I don't plan on doing anything evil.

No there's not.

Alright then.

Can I suggest a shorter timeout before SPPf logs you out? I've noticed that sometimes, member can have closed their browser windows but will still remain online for around 15 minutes. It can be irritating when you want to talk to someone, for example.

Check the "Do not log me out" button.

I'm having trouble with non-contacts not being able to VM me. I've checked off the box that enables VMing, but others are still having trouble.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

^ Check here that the "Visitor Messages" section is set to "Everyone" or at least "Registered Members".

@ RaZoR LeAf, I can't seem to find that button. Sorry for being hopeless. D:

Wow, should have looked harder. *eggonmyface*
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    @ RaZoR LeAf, I can't seem to find that button. Sorry for being hopeless. D:
    In the top right area of the screen, where you enter your username and password and click "sign in" or "log on" (or whatever it says), there should be a small white box labeled "remember me" that you can click to stay logged in indefinitely.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Would there be any chance of us being able to upload our own avatars, rather than using a library of them, and the library opf avatars is amazing, packed full of stuff, I just think it'd be better for a bit more freedom to the people of serebii. I'm getting jelous of staff members over this...

I would love the function of sorting Events in Event database by Country and by Date. Because now If I want to check which event was first I have to do it manually because they are listed by Year and then by country.

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Floatzel View Post
    Would there be any chance of us being able to upload our own avatars, rather than using a library of them, and the library opf avatars is amazing, packed full of stuff, I just think it'd be better for a bit more freedom to the people of serebii. I'm getting jelous of staff members over this...
    How many times does it need to be repeated, that allowing custom avatars for every member of the forums would slow the server down to a crawl? Great, you have your own avatar, it just takes a day to open a thread. What would you rather?

Quote Originally Posted by Satetsu View Post
    I would love the function of sorting Events in Event database by Country and by Date. Because now If I want to check which event was first I have to do it manually because they are listed by Year and then by country.
    Website =/= Forums.

Why don't these forums have blogs like PC or BMGf?

Why don't these forums have blogs like PC or BMGf?
    If I recall correctly, blogs cost a bit extra to have. Joe made a thread asking for opinions on if people thought blogs should be brought here or not, and end result was no blogs from that.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast