Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

I would like to see...

Updated Forum-Skin Logos in the .png format with transparent backgrounds. I believe this would look more professional.

Example:

This:

Becomes this:

Again, that's a part of the update that will come with the changing skins.

Again, that's a part of the update that will come with the changing skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator2000 View Post
    Customizable profiles. It wouldn't really increase the lag we have now, it'd be the same really. And I want my Charcoal black profile.
    I don't think that's a normal feature on vB4. The forum I mod on that was vB4 didn't readily have the option to change the color of profiles, or at least none that I saw.

Oh, and I change my opinion about changing to the new version, if that matters. It would be really nice actually, to see sppf in that version.

We are considering it. At the start of next year, we'll be looking into a serious overhaul of the forum server architecture and in that, we'll also look to upgrade to vB4.

However, it is likely that the conversion process would result in about 3 days without the forums

There's a chance that the forum will be deleted again like 7 years ago?
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

still waiting ... a b s o l : (

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    There's a chance that the forum will be deleted again like 7 years ago?
    What possible reason would there be to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    What possible reason would there be to do that
    I think they're just confused and thought the forums would be deleted and a new one would be put up on the new version.

Just curious, but what would upgrading fix, if anything? I know there are a few good "problems" here that annoy people, and I'm just interested to know how many/which ones would be fixed by upgrading.

Upgrading to vB4 wouldn't really fix anything bar giving us a proper opportunity to redo the aesthetics.

The only issue we have is the lag and that's not because we're on vb3, it's because of an issue that arose when we hooked up the dual server connectivity. Unfortunately, we're still yet to trace the error.

^ So if I'm understanding you correctly here Serebii,
    a serious overhaul of the forum server architecture
    is not what will fix the lag, as you have no idea as to exactly what is causing it? If not, then what will this do, out of sheer interest?
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 9th December 2010 at 11:44 PM.

What will fix the issue, is when Serebii has Ricocheting search the database for this error, find it, and fix it. That can take a long time, anywhere from 48 hours downtime of the forums. That's what we had planned on doing, but sometime ago the forums underwent maintenance and got a bit faster, Serebii, thinking the problem was fixed, then decided not to do the 48 hours.

Or at least, that's how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    ^ So if I'm understanding you correctly here Serebii,

is not what will fix the lag, as you have no idea as to exactly what is causing it? If not, then what will this do, out of sheer interest?
    We wont know til we find out what caused it

Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post
    I don't think that's a normal feature on vB4. The forum I mod on that was vB4 didn't readily have the option to change the color of profiles, or at least none that I saw.

Oh, and I change my opinion about changing to the new version, if that matters. It would be really nice actually, to see sppf in that version.
    Late Reply is Late.
    I've seen it on other forums, many a time. All you need to do is Activate it.
    Seriously, you guys keep pushing it down to the second page. Not fun for us. Mind registering so we can reach our goal of 35 players? Seriously, come on. Register pl0x. It's in the games forum just for future refrence.

My late reply on the matter as well.

I would say that Serebii should take that 48 hour maitenance check when he's up to it. A faster site means more members come back, alot who quit because the forum was too slow. If the Forum begins going to full speed again, people will come back with old accounts when they here that Serebiiforums is fast, and new members won't feel the urge to quit.

I am sure that this check would be very time consuming and I can also say that if Serebii were to do it, he should do it when he has time.

I'm not saying that I command you do this, but to me it seems like a good idea. 48 hours of maitenance will eventually save people from the 10 minute load time they encouinter sometimes.

But regardless, I'm sticking with Serebii all the way. The people are straight with you, but the mods are strict, which allows us to make sure rules aren't broken again. I have several infractions and have learned from them.

But to hell with the loading time. I love it here regardless of it's faults. ^^

I say if and When Serebii has the time, you should take the 48 hours and try to fix the lag, that would make the forum experience 10 times better already. I hate the loading time, its one of the reasons im dissatisfied but not the only reason. I wont miss the forums for 2 days.

If you do infact end up going through it serebii, do it on a Tuesday/Wednesday sometime before Black and White are released.

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

I suggest this thread title be updated.

It will be when I get around to collating the suggestions. Like the weekend when I'm not working.

Default Reply

I like Serebii so much.

Nojja567
    Katha

*insert idea for custom avatars here*

But seriously, as the lag has disappeared once again, I don't see why custom avatars should still be a no-no. Heck, you could even make a system in which members only gain the privilege to use a custom avatar after reaching a certain number of posts (although that may cause spamming), or after being approved by a moderator.

I don't know, I just want a custom avatar. ;-;
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    *insert idea for custom avatars here*

But seriously, as the lag has disappeared once again, I don't see why custom avatars should still be a no-no. Heck, you could even make a system in which members only gain the privilege to use a custom avatar after reaching a certain number of posts (although that may cause spamming), or after being approved by a moderator.

I don't know, I just want a custom avatar. ;-;
    Being approved by a moderator for custom avatars would be a good idea. The lag has gone away, so maybe custom avatars should be allowed when a mod approves a member.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Custom Avatars would bring back the lag.

i think that when you gain a new postcount ranking, you should be able to change it to any of the ones you have unlocked

I want to have collectibles and trophies on this site like they have on the Cheezeburger Network. On those sites, when you jump from one site in the network to another, sometimes a message will come up and say "Congratulations, you've found a collectible ___," and if you have an account on that network the collectible you found will appear on your user profile. They have all kinds of random things in various categories like food items (carrot, broccoli, etc), things cats like to sleep in (laundry basket, etc), and some things that you can only find at certain times of year (holiday-items and New-Year's Resolutions). It's not like you get a voucher so you can actually get the items in real life, they're just fun to try and find (you can also get them as gifts from other members).
    Also, they have trophies you can get that appear on your profile when you accomplish certain things like voting for X number of pictures/videos, posting X number of pictures/videos, making X number of friends, etc. We should have things like that here with creating X number of threads (void if they are spam threads), going X length of time without any infractions, answering X number of questions in advice or Q & A threads, etc.

As for the collectibles, I have a few ideas:
    Badges: all of the different badges from the different regions
    Pokeballs: All different kinds of Pokeballs
    Types: Pictures of popular Pokemon from every type like Pikachu for Electric, Riolu for Fighting, and Shaymin for Grass

Also, as I said, you could give people the ability to give collectibles as gifts or trade them with each other so they can complete the collections from the different categories. That way it would be fine to have doubles of some so you could use them as trade bait.
    Next, you could have special collectibles you get for getting certain groups of three or four collectibles from a certain category:
    *Get a Pokeball, Great Ball, and Ultra Ball and you get a free Master Ball
    *Get multiple Pokeballs, get a Premier Ball
    *Get a Safari Ball, Sport Ball, and Park Ball, get a Dream Ball

What do you think? I think it would be really fun.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast