Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2010 Edition

A certified rater list? But everyone rates, good or bad. It'd make no difference.

EDIT: Ninja'd, kinda. :P
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Honestly, The whole site needs more organization. This site is pretty powerful, but the information I feel is a bit scattered, and could be brought together to make it more useful and easier to access data.

One suggestion would be to eliminate all of the old RBYGGSRS pokedex versions, and instead add the data from the pokemon from generation to generation into one page.

Example: Charmander
    List Gen 1 info
    Gen 2 info
    Gen 3 info

Etc.

Another suggestion is to move the list of natures to where it is more accessible and easier to find. It is in a funky location where you can only see them in the R/S section of the site, to my knowledge anyway.

The list on the site listing off the sections of the site could be in alphabetical order so it is easier to skim through and find what you need.

Like i said, the whole site is powerful in terms of information, just conveying the information that is more user friendly would be a key thing to do.

Edit: I have been here for a while using this forum, I just never post. Been playing pokemon and using this site since like 4 years ago, lol.

Ending score on wifileague.net before it closed 176-34
    Serebii.net Record 37-17
    IM me on AIM if anyone wants to battle
    Code:3094-0242-7597

I use Some platinum movesets.
    Pretty much finished all 5 teams I have. Took months.

Forums suggestion thread. Not for the website.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by iRJi View Post
    Honestly, The whole site needs more organization. This site is pretty powerful, but the information I feel is a bit scattered, and could be brought together to make it more useful and easier to access data.

One suggestion would be to eliminate all of the old RBYGGSRS pokedex versions, and instead add the data from the pokemon from generation to generation into one page.

Example: Charmander
    List Gen 1 info
    Gen 2 info
    Gen 3 info

Etc.

Another suggestion is to move the list of natures to where it is more accessible and easier to find. It is in a funky location where you can only see them in the R/S section of the site, to my knowledge anyway.

The list on the site listing off the sections of the site could be in alphabetical order so it is easier to skim through and find what you need.

Like i said, the whole site is powerful in terms of information, just conveying the information that is more user friendly would be a key thing to do.

Edit: I have been here for a while using this forum, I just never post. Been playing pokemon and using this site since like 4 years ago, lol.
    1. That would make the pages massive and convuluted making it harder for people to find the information they need, not easier

2. We have natures in a place other than RS

3. It's not Alphabetical but there is a logical progression to it

Stating something from one of my posts in the other thread, when the last person who posted edits their posts, it should go to the top of the list. It annoys me when someone edits their post and no one knows about it.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    That wouldn't do it.

We don't get why the lag happens. We get the trigger but not the cause. It happens when a mod does an IP search or a name change or something which needs a massive search/edit of the database

It has nothing to do with how many users we have
    Then why are mods doing IP searches every 10 minutes? I know this is a busy forum but that can't be the cause, surely? Have you tried not doing ANY of those search/replace functions for a whole day?

Also, have you asked for help from vBulletin? Since it is commercial software you must get some basic support, right? And are you using the latest version?

As someone else said, removing inactive users could very easily help the problem since there would be less to search through. Just email anyone who hasn't been active for over a year, give them a week to log in, then delete their accounts. I bet there's not more than 2,000 active users from the 116,445 registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I don't think that's possible to do, and if it is, it's probably a vB hack which Joe doesn't like. Honestly I can see the reasoning behind wanting to have it, but it's more effective for members to just use a little common sense (I know, so rare on SPP!!) and not open a random link, especially from a banned member.
    True, but by that logic it's almost pointless banning them. The damage has been done, hundreds of users have a spam post in their box which is potentially dangerous if they follow the links. Unless you delete the PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by pheano View Post
    sorry if this os the wrong place
    i dont use serebii for posting so im not familiar with that stuff
    This reminds me of a suggestion: turn off colours in posts, they're really annoying and half the time you can't see them because they clash with the theme you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Poke Man View Post
    Stating something from one of my posts in the other thread, when the last person who posted edits their posts, it should go to the top of the list. It annoys me when someone edits their post and no one knows about it.
    Do you really want to know every time someone corrects their spelling? Also, if it's been a while since your last post, and you're saying something different then you should just do a new post. The "double posting" rules aren't so strict that you'd get infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by RichUncleSkeleton View Post
    Do you really want to know every time someone corrects their spelling? Also, if it's been a while since your last post, and you're saying something different then you should just do a new post. The "double posting" rules aren't so strict that you'd get infractions.
    Okay, that sounds better. :P

Can someone add Zorua and Zoroark to the list of "Favourite Pokémon"?
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

I'd like the translations of the legendary pokemon locations for explorers of sky, it gets rather confusing and I find this is more easier to go to instead of the spin-off dex. Thanks.

A few small things I came up with:

-Get stricter on Mini-Modding
    -Add the two new Gen 5 Pokemon to the favorite Pokemon list on our profiles (or not since we know hardly anything about them)
    -A more organized entertainment board (sub forum for Television, sub forum for Music, etc.)
    -Add the new HeartGold and SoulSilver artwork to the Trade forms in place of the old artwork.

Default pokedex search by tier

i think a 'search by tier' option in the pokedex would be very helpful.

1. That belongs in Serebii.net Suggestions
    2. Tiers are fan-made and are constantly in flux. They don't belong in a database system such as our Pokédex

Quote Originally Posted by TheLupineOne View Post
    Can someone add Zorua and Zoroark to the list of "Favourite Pokémon"?
    Since all that is known about these pokemon is what they look like and their names, I think it's safe to say that you can't possibly have decided they are your favourite without knowing anything else about them. And if they are, then you are very fickle and even having a favourite pokemon option is pointless as it's clearly going to change every time something new comes along. In any case, Lists, avatars, pokedexes, smilies, etc are updated when a new game comes out and all the pokemon can be added at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever&Always View Post
    I'd like the translations of the legendary pokemon locations for explorers of sky, it gets rather confusing and I find this is more easier to go to instead of the spin-off dex. Thanks.
    Forum Suggestions = / = Site Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    A few small things I came up with:

-Get stricter on Mini-Modding
    -Add the two new Gen 5 Pokemon to the favorite Pokemon list on our profiles (or not since we know hardly anything about them)
    -A more organized entertainment board (sub forum for Television, sub forum for Music, etc.)
    -Add the new HeartGold and SoulSilver artwork to the Trade forms in place of the old artwork.
    -It's something that happens all the time, usually a warning suffices but infractions have been given out. Unfortunately, people always seem to think that by replying to threads telling people what to do is normal, so it will never stop.
    -Or not. See above.
    - Sub Forums for Music, TV (Sub forum for cartoons, reality shows and soaps as well?), Film, Books (Fiction and Non-Fiction), Theatre, Sport. It's a lot of sub-forums to have. We can't make sub forums for every single kind of genre that exists within a particular subject. If the Entertainment forum were getting over whelmed with Sport topics, so much so that everything else were being pushed off, then maybe it would be warranted. But the forum doesn't get enough of a single thing to warrant a whole new forum for it.
    - I'm sure that could be done, I'll speak to one of the Trade Forum mods.

I think you should install a feature that automatically merges multiple posts in a row.

I've seen it on other VBulletin forums, and it would be useful in stopping all the "OMG POSTCOUNT IS AWESOME!!!!111111one11!!!" noobs that often double post for postcount. It'll also be easier for the mods, as they won't have to merge double posts manually.
    Gone, and probably won't come back.
    Back for now.

Instead of closing threads, why don't you just delete threads instead. It would save space, and we would know every thread we go into is open.
    Gods favor no group. Only religions do that.

If you believe that Splash has a magical hidden power copy this into your signature. Started by poke-pownage

I claim Zoroark <insert poorly drawn pokemon animation here>

Delibird is the beastliest, and will have a spot on my UU team even if it is NU.

Credit goes to gladeshadow.

Threads are closed as opposed to deleted so people can still access them in searches, see responses and so forth

Threads are closed as opposed to deleted so people can still access them in searches, see responses and so forth

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny hunter Reece View Post
    I think you should install a feature that automatically merges multiple posts in a row.

I've seen it on other VBulletin forums, and it would be useful in stopping all the "OMG POSTCOUNT IS AWESOME!!!!111111one11!!!" noobs that often double post for postcount. It'll also be easier for the mods, as they won't have to merge double posts manually.
    If it's a hack then it wont happen. And not all multi posts are spam. There are forums where posting twice or more times in a row is permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by poke-pownage View Post
    Instead of closing threads, why don't you just delete threads instead. It would save space, and we would know every thread we go into is open.
    Closing a topic provides a means of passing on a message. Why was my topic closed, go read the post the mod made when they closed it. Hey, where has my topic gone, oh we just deleted it. Closing it saves mods the time of having to PM someone with the reasons they closed it. Plus deleting it means any information that may have been of use is gone. It's not that difficult to work out if a thread is open or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    If it's a hack then it wont happen. And not all multi posts are spam. There are forums where posting twice or more times in a row is permitted.

Closing a topic provides a means of passing on a message. Why was my topic closed, go read the post the mod made when they closed it. Hey, where has my topic gone, oh we just deleted it. Closing it saves mods the time of having to PM someone with the reasons they closed it. Plus deleting it means any information that may have been of use is gone. It's not that difficult to work out if a thread is open or not.
    I know not all multi posts are spam, but multi posting is still against the rules.

There are forums where multi posting is permitted, I know. But is there not a way around that? Like enabling it in some forums and not in others? Even if there isn't, you could still use it. People don't need to double post. If I wanted to update a fanfic or something, I could just do this:

2nd February 2009 update:
    blahblahblahblahblah fanfic goes here blahblahblahblahblah

20th February 2009 update:
    blahblahblah more fanfic goodness blahblahblahblah.

See?

If that isn't possible then I'll understand, but I still think that an automatic multi post merge would be quite useful.
    Gone, and probably won't come back.
    Back for now.

I know not all multi posts are spam, but multi posting is still against the rules.
    If thats true then my "Suggestion" is to legalise it but only if it's accidental (where you post once but 2-3 more posts appear with the same content)

And why not have a feature where if your post falls behind say 30 pages (example) it automatically gets deleted?

I don't know why anyone would bring up a thread that was made 4 years ago to the front page unless they were spamming it/bumping up a very old topic for no real reason.

Most people read the first 5 sets of pages anyways
    ~Xx Flare xX~

accidental double+ posting will not give you any infractions, we know that it is a forum issue. as said before, automatic merging can only be done through a hack, which will never happen on this forum because serebii is against them.

again, threads aren't deleted because sometimes the content within them is still useful in searches and such. plus, it might be a hack to automatically do that, i dont know. either way if people just read the rules and didnt bump threads, then we wouldnt have that problem.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

accidental double+ posting will not give you any infractions, we know that it is a forum issue. as said before, automatic merging can only be done through a hack, which will never happen on this forum because serebii is against them.

again, threads aren't deleted because sometimes the content within them is still useful in searches and such. plus, it might be a hack to automatically do that, i dont know. either way if people just read the rules and didnt bump threads, then we wouldnt have that problem.

make the movie 13 trailer pics available as avatars please (or at least the ones in the row above the 2 movie posters here http://www.serebii.net/movies/celebi/)

This thread is for suggestions to improve the forums, not to request avatars.

They will however be done. Do not fear

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast