Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regaining the Home Advantage! (626)

Default Regaining the Home Advantage! (626)

Explosion! Magnezone vs Metagross!!

On their way to the next town, Ash & Co. encounter the Magnet Pokémon; Magnezone whom appears to be heading to the nearby town. When they arrive in town, they discover Magnezone is causing a lot of problems within the town. To make things worse, a Metagross is also there causing problems. Can Ash & Co. calm them down?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Can I please request that the discussion of the new opening be limited to this thread; http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=429767

This episode could be considered a filler although it did give some screen time to the trio's pokemon. Ash used his monferno and gabite. Dawn used her pachirisu, buneary, and mamoswine. Brock used his croagunk and happiny. I was a little upset however that they didn't show buizel, sudowoodo, or cyndaquil but overall i thought it was a good filler. Course i only watched it for the opening.
    FC: 2063 2402 6180

It wasn't that bad of an episode I thought.

I lol'd at Happiny's epic strength.

I liked this episode . Good one . Ash using Monferno and Dawn using Mamoswine to battle them at the start was cool . Brock moments in this episode were really funny XD . When Happiny stopped Metagross at the start Brock started his flirt mode only to be stopped by Metagross throwing Happiny back XD . When Croagunk used Brick Break to destroy the rock and after that Officer Jenny praised Croagunk instead of Brock was really funny to see in my opinion . Looks like the Gag of Gible's Failed Draco Meteor hitting Piplup hasn't stopped either . And when I though the ending will be kinda like Metagross and Magnezone leaving their respective ways , they only wanted to fight , fight and fight like they were fighting machines XD.

Overall pretty good and kinda funny episode in my books

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

Great episode.

I loved to see how Piplup was trying to escape from Metagross and Magnezone, it was very funny...

And too bad that Monferno lost.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

So from what I gathered from this episode, Metagross and Magnezone just wanted to battle each other, and they needed a venue to do it. Is that right? Ok, let's just use this town here because that's cool. WTF?

Happiny rocks BTW. I love how it can lift everything but that one rock in the Psyduck episode. I'm also not quite sure why Gible had a bit at the end to fire a Draco Meteor, only to hit Piplup again (that's quite amusing actually).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Avarage filler.

The story was, like, meh; we get two pokémon fighting each other just for the pleasure of it -- which could be great if handled correctly. Instead, we get a not so good animation, with few distinctive expressions and effects going for it.

I have to say I liked how all of Dawn's pokémon got some screentime, even though Buneary's was, like, almost nothing. And I wonder when is the bunny's official VA going to return (I think she was sick or something, but for more than a year by now... weird), 'cause the new one, well, really kills the experience of its every little moments. Sad.

Good to see Monferno and Happiny, also. Have to say one of the funniest scene was Happiny picking up the frozen lake like it was a freaking baby Horsea! Hah. The Gible-Piplup gimmick was also a plus... Even though the penguin can be a pain some times, it still remains a nice part of DP.

All in all, however, it felt like something was missing... The episode failed at being as good as it could be. Here's hoping next week's doesn't make me think I'm wrong about this. x)

Well there wasn't anything new really, but it was a good episode still.

I'm glad Brock had moments in here, considering how badly he needs these moments.

Happiny's strength is still mouth dropping. The thing could probably lift one of the buildings in the episode.

Gible was in it, which is nice. Still needs a little more screen time to get use to it.

Good episode.

I still wanna know what attack Magnezone used to Ko Mamoswine was, it looked like psybeam due to the multicolors but that's not possible..

The hightlights for me from this episode:

- My favorite piece of Pokemon Movie 5 music ever starting up when Monferno is sent out to fight Magnezone and Metagross.

- Flashfreezing a lake to throw it off a cliff? What the hell. Well it's apparently no problem for the Buneary/Happiny combo. Gosh, what if there were Water Pokemon living in that.

- The best thing about the ending: The fight isn't resolved with calming down the two Pokemon but rather getting them out of the city and having them duke it out Arena style. Finally, an episode that doesn't rely on cheap Friendship ideals and instead gets settled through Pokemon beating the CRAP out of one another.

- I hope they never stop hurting Piplup.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I still wanna know what attack Magnezone used to Ko Mamoswine was, it looked like psybeam due to the multicolors but that's not possible..
    It's Mirror Shot.

Brock's part was so cliché-filled that I barely noticed him. I think it's funny how Croagunk's been stabbing him right in the middle of, well, his mountains lately!

Did anyone else notice Ash had 2 Pikachu's in one scene?? After Mamoswine comes out look at Ash in the background

The Two-Chu is quite True.

Apologies for the crappy quality.
    Last edited by V Faction; 8th January 2010 at 2:22 AM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

-Brock continues to hawk Pokegears. Buy Heart Gold and Soul Silver. You want to use a Pokegear JUST LIKE BROCK DOES, right?
    -Magnezone's cry is still awesome!
    -UFO Pokemon really need to learn to look where they're going.
    -Somehow, a Magnezone flying over them and bumping into some trees is a big problem they need to alert the town about.
    -This new opening will make me psycho everyday. (I had to work in that pun SOMEWHERE)
    -Last ep, we saw a Totodile statue. Now the first victim of the day we see is a Feraltigatr? HRM. (I do like how it's a random little kid who owns it. Then again, I like seeing random kids with big scary Pokemon. It's better than the big scary Pokemon always being shown with big scary trainers.)
    -Sorry kid, Brock says your alligator is dead.
    -Yes Brock, a tiny oran berry will TOTALLY do the trick here. At least give them a sitrus berry or something.
    -Snorlax and Bayleef are the next victims. No comment.
    -I'll admit it, I chuckled at Brock SNAPPING TO ATTENTION when Ash says "Junsa-san(officer Jenny)?" the instant Junsa runs by.
    -Was it really necessary to zoom onto Brock's butt THAT MUCH when it was time for Croagunk to strike?
    -Cue ultra-dramatic music!
    -Metagross appears, and it has just as much trouble looking where it's going as Magnezone does. They should form a support group along with Barry.
    -Why isn't anyone trying to stop the two Pokemon that are fighting each other and wrecking buildings in the process?
    -Thank you, Ash.
    -I'm really liking all the little moments Piplup's been getting lately. Especially ones like this where it assumes Dawn will call on it, only to find disappointment when she sends out one of her other Pokemon.
    -You know guys, maybe you should fight the two rampaging Pokemon by using more than one of your Pokemon at a time?
    -Happiny? Brock, that's just insulting.
    -TR is eating toast. Toast that looks very out of place.
    -Aw, they got blasted off before they could enjoy their jam on toast.
    -You mean the two magnetism-related Pokemon are rampaging because of something to do with electricity and/or magnetism? SHOCK.
    -Too bad their clever "have Pikachu and Pachirisu guide Magnezone and Metagross with bursts of electricity" led TR right to them.
    -Brock has the brilliant idea of using Meowth to help. Because the writers are in one of those rare times when they go "wait, a talking Pokemon is something special! Let's use Meowth for something out of the ordinary!"
    -Meowth...has no idea what they're saying?!
    -Hello, random uniformed dude who's the key to whatever's going on here!
    -There's something about the water on the mountain that's a problem, but hell if I can figure out what.
    -Oh, I guess there's not supposed to BE any water there?
    -TR tries to help!
    -And fails. I do love Ash and Dawn's expressions here.
    -Croagunk saves the day, and washes TR away!
    -The twerps just plain don't care about what TR's trying to do, do they?
    -Happiny is not.
    -It is. It lifted an entire crater-lake's worth of ice(plus team rocket).
    -And now the two magnetic monsters can battle in peace.
    -Ash sends out Gible because...?
    -Gible doesn't care why it is Ash sent it out, and starts gnawing on a rock.
    -Draco Meteor failing and hitting Piplup is going to be a running gag, isn't it?
    -Okay, I'll let the running gag slide this time if only for the cheesy wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaaah tune that played.
    -And the ep ends with an awesome (suspiciously orchestral for Pokemon) piece of music.
    -Oak's lecture today is on...S.Suikun! S.Suikun is a Moderator-Type Pokemon who's noted for an obsession with Candice and their signature attack Thread Lock, demostrated in action against Professor Oak after he pissed a S.Suikun off a bit too much at the end of his lecture.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    The hightlights for me from this episode:

- My favorite piece of Pokemon Movie 5 music ever starting up when Monferno is sent out to fight Magnezone and Metagross.

- Flashfreezing a lake to throw it off a cliff? What the hell. Well it's apparently no problem for the Buneary/Happiny combo. Gosh, what if there were Water Pokemon living in that.

- The best thing about the ending: The fight isn't resolved with calming down the two Pokemon but rather getting them out of the city and having them duke it out Arena style. Finally, an episode that doesn't rely on cheap Friendship ideals and instead gets settled through Pokemon beating the CRAP out of one another.

- I hope they never stop hurting Piplup.
    Quoted for Truth I guess xD

You could really tell that this was going to be a Brock episode right from the start! He saves three pokemon from instant death by the use of only an Oran Berry. SENDS OUT PINPUKU! ! !! !! Impresses a Jenny with his savvyness, destroys a rock, that's blocking a stream. SENDS OUT PINPUKU AGAIN !!!!! THIS EPISODE COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER AT THIS POINT! But somehow.. Piplup and Gible steal his limelight, and he doesn't get the girl in the end.. poor Brock.

The only thing that made this episode really a nudge below mediocre'ish was the frequent annoying amount of Team Rocket.. They appeared on 6 different occasions, but did they even battle?? NO! Wobbuffet didn't even appear!

On the subject of Pikachu's clone suddenly making a one shot cameo, reappearing after eleven years of absence.. I really like the way it returned to Ash team, but if Buizel isn't going to be released in the next episode, I'm afraid Pika's clone will have to be Oaked..

Geesh.. that will probably never hit the mainstream fandom, but in our book, it'll go down as one of the biggest errors in Pokemon history! (Along with such classics as 'Arbok evolves into Seviper', and These donuts are great! Jelly filled donuts are my favorite!')
    Last edited by Locormus; 8th January 2010 at 3:03 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Geez, more Piplup abuse I see? With Metagross and Magnezone almost catching up to it :/

Team Rocket was minding their own business, eating lunch when they get blasted off. That was funny, so was Jessie being carried down the river

Glad Monferno got in a good punch at least, I haven't seen it fight in a long time. Average. 5/10

TR were the "Scapegoat" in this episode, whice makes sense when they are in a balloon flying in the air while there are two so dangerous pokemon that could blow up this balloon.

Monferno and Mamoswine's were poor. their chances to do something were low.

Ash lost again, but I didn't except he'll win because the battle was not the solution.

What? This is the 13th season. Christ.

So what was this episode about? I couldn't understand anything from the photos.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    What? This is the 13th season. Christ.
    Well, there aren't any seasons in Japan.

I think we're assuming that when these newer episodes air in the US, they'll be labeled as a completely new "season" and not part of "Galactic Battles".

Anyway, I don't agree with Ash-kid. I rather have Monferno and Mamoswine appear and fail that to not have them appear at all.

Not only that, but when they showed Gible using Draco Meteor, the background was from DP 156 (instead of that old lady they just inserted the guy from this episode).
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 9th January 2010 at 12:31 PM.

How could the animators have missed that? Omg.

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed the double Pikachu and I'm shocked to see that the rumors were true. The overall animation in this episode was poor.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot I took of that same scene, the quality is a tad better ^^;

Last edited by Lorde; 9th January 2010 at 8:50 AM.

how could they have missed that really :|

anyway the episode was mwah.
    Brock actually did somethings with his Happiny

The OP was better #lol
    3ds friend code: 2938-6229-3135

Friend safarI: pancham,hariyama and mankey

Will add anyone

LOL gible's draco meteor pwned at dawn's piplup on 5th time in a row
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Not only that, but when they showed Gible using Draco Meteor, the background was from DP 156 (instead of that old lady they just inserted the guy from this episode).
    Yes, it's really strange. I guess there was a mistake or something in the animation while Gible's move.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast