Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regaining the Home Advantage! (626)

My god, they never fluffed up the animation this badly since that episode with Paul's Electabuzz/Electrode fusion.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Yes, it's really strange. I guess there was a mistake or something in the animation while Gible's move.
    What? That wasn't a mistake. It was the same scene from the Gible episode. They couldn't have made a mistake. They just reused it to save time/money.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Thanks.

One's for battling and the other is there to sit and look pretty.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Thanks.

One's for battling and the other is there to sit and look pretty.
    I know PUSA/PCI don't edit the show very much (in terms of the animation), but hopefully they can edit this one because the Pikachu on Ash's shoulder looks like an empty shell.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

This episode was surprisingly good for me, good animation and Magnezone (one of my favorites : D).

I wonder why they pick on Pipup now, but i must admit i have fun with it receiving punishment, for some reason Magnezone and Metagross chased after him too, it's like the poor pokemon is now the show's punching bag.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I know PUSA/PCI don't edit the show very much (in terms of the animation), but hopefully they can edit this one because the Pikachu on Ash's shoulder looks like an empty shell.
    They won't. It's barely noticable to begin with and they don't often fix Japanese animation errors.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    The best part is Piplup is standing there thinking to itself "Damn! I was so close to reaching Pikachu's popularity and then he had to go and split himself in two! Screw you, Pikachu!"
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by NES View Post
    This episode was surprisingly good for me, good animation and Magnezone (one of my favorites : D).

I wonder why they pick on Pipup now, but i must admit i have fun with it receiving punishment, for some reason Magnezone and Metagross chased after him too, it's like the poor pokemon is now the show's punching bag.
    I guess that Piplup would be many times in these comedy scenes, at least every time that Gible appears.

Magnezone and Metagross were really powerfull. No wonder why Monferno didn't beat them.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Random episode i didnt like it that much and i didnt even notice those animation failures ;O.
    Well it mainly a show for kids and when they are excited seeing the show they dont even notice those errors most of the times.

As for the episode it was incredible random the plot, the random Ash pokemons appearances(Bayleef , Snorlax, Feraligatr(Totodile line)) i like randomness but this one had to much for my taste.

Wow.. you thought this was good animation??? You must haven't read the thread

Magnezone wasn't showcased that well either.. nothing about it's semi unique evolution, ability special attacks (Magnet Rise).. kinda weak actually...

About the randomness of two wild pokemon duking it out in an arena.. We've never had that before had we? I mean willingly fighting just because.. that's so cool.. That's so redneck!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Well this episode in a way showed how wild pokemon increase there power & train themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well this episode in a way showed how wild pokemon increase there power & train themselves.
    Huh, I suppose it did but most of us assumed it was similar to what was seen in this episode, only maybe a little less chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Wow.. you thought this was good animation??? You must haven't read the thread
    I probably watched it in good quality and for me it was good (compared to other episodes honestly). I had that appreciation while watching it, i might have to watch it again.

I don't go for what others say though, if you meant i should say it was awful because others say so (i did read the thread).
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

I probably watched it in good quality and for me it was good (compared to other episodes honestly). I had that appreciation while watching it, i might have to watch it again.

I don't go for what others say though, if you meant i should say it was awful because other say so (i did read the thread).
    I see. I watched it in good quality too but overall, with the whole double Pikachu mistake and recycling the same Gible scene from "Gible and Draco Meteor", it wasn't very good animation

I feel that this episode deserves more comments-

First of all, the animation of this episode was very, very good. I'm guessing Iwane was a Key Animator, as Natsume isn't this good. The "two-Pikachu" mistake is just a little mistake (hey, I don't think many people noticed it the first time they watched the episode) and it isn't different from the other tiny mistakes that are in the other episodes (like coloring errors). Recycling the way the attacks look is like the oldest thing in this show. Most of the time, we only have Iwane's Aerial Ace, for example, or Iwane's Water Gun that makes Buizel get a blue eye =P. At least this time, they changed the scene a little, not only by removing Grandma and adding CotD there, but by making Piplup look down the hole, which was what he was doing at the time.

This episode was good. Not awesome, but good enough. This is one of those episodes that gives some time to shine to many characters of the group. We got Pachirisu, Buneary, Mamoswine, Monferno and Happiny doing something this time. Even Brock was useful. It's better to see them doing something once in a while. I really liked how Happiny just destroyed what was left of our mind after the opening by lifting an entire lake. With Team Rocket included.

The random battles of Magnezone and Metagross being just... random battles is also great. Usually, one of those is just angry/sad/whatever that its home/family is being invaded by the other or something like that, but this time they just wanted to fight. Wild Pok&#233;mon that just want to fight because they love to fight -I guess that isn't too common in the anim&#233;-world.

And the ending was awesome. Piplup and Gible are still great.

Loved the chance to hear that music from Movie 5 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Do you think they were trained? I think they always fighting and increasing their power.
    However the battle vs Monferno and Mamoswine was too short for them because they are too strong...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Do you think they were trained? I think they always fighting and increasing their power.
    However the battle vs Monferno and Mamoswine was too short for them because they are too strong...
    through fighting and increasing their power does not mean that they train themsealves?,Lucario at Service said that they train themsealves not that they were trained by some trainer.

Question

Is it just me or does Monferno lose a lot now?
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    Just you dude, just you.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

I'm pretty sure Ash wasn't expecting Monferno to be double teamed because until Metagross interfered it was actually doing well against Magnezone.

It didn't even lose anyway, Ash just recalled it because it was kind of useless. If Monferno went after one the other would just come from the side and smack it. And I guess Dawn wanted to give it a shot with her Mamoswine.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It has lost a lot, I wonder what the problem is. Usually Pokemon get strong upon reaching evolution, but Monferno appears to be weaker than Chimchar.

It lost in this episode too.

Another episode that had filler written all over it. Did Serebii double post??? o_O. It was interesting but I barely got to see what Pikachu and Pachirisu did..... Piplup getting hit by the stupid Draco Meteor..... I hope Gible masters this move by AFTER Dawn's contest b/c I'm getting tired of this nonsense.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    So from what I gathered from this episode, Metagross and Magnezone just wanted to battle each other, and they needed a venue to do it. Is that right? Ok, let's just use this town here because that's cool. WTF?
    This may be completely off, but I'm usually not completely off when I attempt interpretations, so here goes:

Magnezone and Metagross are friends and sparring partners who normally battle in that crater thingy that's now filled with water. However, they are both naturally drawn towards electricity (something to do with magnetism I think, and it explains how Pikachu and Pachirisu were able to basically hypnotize them with their electric attacks) so when the crater filled with water, they were instead drawn to the nearby town. I think that guy at the end was explaining something about the metallic/magnetic properties in the ground in that crater, which is how Magnezone and Metagross were attracted there in the first place.

(If any of you who are actually at least semi-fluent in the language care to correct or clarify anything here, go ahead.)

edit: Thanks to T_Kiss on Bulbagarden:
    Basically the two metal Pokemon need to fight on the mountain because the mountain has too many electromagnetic waves, and the Magnezone on the mountain store too much electricity. In order to release them, they must battle. But since the battle arena is filled with water (because a big rock stops the water from flowing away), Magnezone cannot battle, and they become mad.
    Last edited by Geodude; 19th January 2010 at 3:14 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Another episode that had filler written all over it. Did Serebii double post??? o_O. It was interesting but I barely got to see what Pikachu and Pachirisu did..... Piplup getting hit by the stupid Draco Meteor..... I hope Gible masters this move by AFTER Dawn's contest b/c I'm getting tired of this nonsense.
    How was it Filler mate? We saw Magnezone for the first time in the anime, that makes this episode interesting.

Apparently, Pikachu and Pachirisu were using electrical impluses to draw both Magnezone and Metagross towards the crater.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I thought that Pikachu and Pachirisu will be more important in this episode, but they weren't.

Metagross and Magnezone were really strong, I think this Metagross was the strongest Metagross in the show, after the shiny. (maybe more than Tyson's)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast