Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regaining the Home Advantage! (626)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I thought that Pikachu and Pachirisu will be more important in this episode, but they weren't.
    Did you see the episode?

Ash and Co. probably wouldn't have been able to calm Metagross and Magnezone without the electricity from Pikachu and Pachirisu. They were VERY important :/

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Did you see the episode?

Ash and Co. probably wouldn't have been able to calm Metagross and Magnezone without the electricity from Pikachu and Pachirisu. They were VERY important :/
    Well yeah but they got (maybe Pachirisu) less screentime than I thought. eventually I'm glad that Pachirisu at least did something, good for it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Well yeah but they got (maybe Pachirisu) less screentime than I thought. eventually I'm glad that Pachirisu at least did something, good for it.
    We all knew (judging from both the title and the previews) that this wasn't going to be a Pachirisu episode. So you cannot honestly claim you're disappointed that it didn't appear more :|

Here's an example, in spoiler form:

Spoiler:- Episode spoiler:

How was it Filler mate? We saw Magnezone for the first time in the anime, that makes this episode interesting.
    Yeah it's a filler. Nothing important happened. A Pokemon debut doesn't count.

Mind you, just because it's a filler episode doesn't automatically make it a bad one.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Yeah it's a filler. Nothing important happened. A Pokemon debut doesn't count.

Mind you, just because it's a filler episode doesn't automatically make it a bad one.
    Well you are right about it. Magnezone appeared but it wasn't something so special.

This episode was pretty good, especially with the battles, relatively to a filler it was a good one.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Thanks to T_Kiss on Bulbagarden:
    Basically the two metal Pokemon need to fight on the mountain because the mountain has too many electromagnetic waves, and the Magnezone on the mountain store too much electricity. In order to release them, they must battle. But since the battle arena is filled with water (because a big rock stops the water from flowing away), Magnezone cannot battle, and they become mad.
    Figured as much

This was a good filler. It definately wasn't a dumb plot or just randomness.. they actually thought this one up, in probably one of the writers more 'sane' moments.. at least in comparison to the PiplupxPika shipping episode...

As for Metagross powerlevels

Tysons Metagross (It took hell to bring this thing down, so its at the top spot)
    Shiny Metagross (Killer, just a killer)
    This Metagross (Not as brutal, since Magnezone had its back)
    Anabels Metagross (It lost to Tauros??)
    Double battle Metagross.. (So easily overcome..)
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

They won't. It's barely noticable to begin with and they don't often fix Japanese animation errors.
    I think they have before, I think they fixed Drifloon's coloring scheme in the Restaurant Tag battle with May and Dawn but it's possible the Japanese fixed that before giving it to the dubbers.

Same could be said about this episode, the Japanese themselves could edit a little bit and get rid of the Pikachu clone.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

This episode was alright. I didn't really care for the plot and the only cool thing about it was the Happiny moments when it showed it's strength. Other than that, it was a pretty "meh" episode.

i cant find this episode anywhere online i slept in to late anyone have a link to it on youtube or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jjag20 View Post
    i cant find this episode anywhere online i slept in to late anyone have a link to it on youtube or something?
    If you're looking for the dub, it hasn't aired in the U.S yet. It airs on June 5th, which is next Saturday.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post
    If you're looking for the dub, it hasn't aired in the U.S yet. It airs on June 5th, which is next Saturday.
    oh okay i got up at 7 today and i was like WTF! i literally screamed thought i missed it thanks

And its over. The episode was fairly pretty good imo, with the conflict with Magnezone and Metagross. Plus, two Pikachu I saw, like the errors on Bulbapedia said. x3

I cant believe Happiny picked up that huge entire ice in the lake. Guess I shouldn't question her awesome power.

The Draco Meteor at the end, hitting Piplup into that empty lake was hilarious. And being chased by the two Magnezone and Metagross. xD

And the opening for the show, was so awesome! I cant wait to rewatch it. ^^

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Not a bad intro. A little slow, though...

As for the episode, it was pretty good. And it's surprising to knew that Meowth can't communicate with all pokemon...
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 5th June 2010 at 1:47 PM.

Pretty o.k ep for a new season. The intro, i guess it was okay. some scenes were edited out that i would've liked to have been kept like the one with Shayman, Celebi and Jirachi. but hey what can you do?
    Last edited by G4Pokefan; 5th June 2010 at 2:43 PM.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Watching this episode was like watching an OU battle taking place because it involved two OU Pokemon (Magnezone and Metagross) fighting. But they're doing so to get rid of the electric energy they have. As for the opening of the new season, it was trail of spoilers. They should've used scenes for the first episodes of the new season before they could use the current opening credits from the original Japanese.

The new season begins. The new intro is pretty good and so was the episode. Happiny lifting an entire lake is amazing.

I liked the opening it was slow but fitting I think some of the haters are just spoiled by the upbeat openings or the japanese openings..

I liked the episode.. the charachter models for this episode were great! I'm glad it's back after it's two weeks off! Lets go off to the sinnoh league!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

aaah, finally Pokemon again. How have I missed it although it was "only" a two-week break! *me is relieved*

As for the opening:
    I love this new opening and I definitely don't see any good reason why you shouldn't.
    The scenes are impressive, sometimes even epic and thus worthy of the final season of a region. The music is very solemn and the lyrics are thoughtful. Quite frankly, this is just appropriate for the season which features the league, because this is also the most solemn and important event of every new adventure.

Anyways, the mixture of scenes, music and lyrics was great and appropriate, so again, I love this opening! If only it weren't so damn short.

As for the episode itself:
    Boo! THIS was disappointing. Not again an episode that makes me upset about the strange physics of the Pokemon world which defies (almost)all logic...

- Ash is going to battle for his eighth badge really soon and his Monferno (fire type!) is not able to take down at least ONE of those two steel types??? Moreover, Monferno has always been shown as Ash's (secret) powerhouse, for example against Paul or when my dear beloved Cynthia talked about his future. I'm asking you, how come Monferno did so badly today? My biggest point of criticism!

- Suuuure, Happiny can lift a whole frozen lake and throw it into a valley as it is was nothing. COME ON!!! How silly was that?!?:saiyan: The writers have already proven themselves as being able to write highly profound, great episodes! Why this decline now??

- Why can't Metagross and Magnezone just battle SOMEWHERE else in this HUGE forest?? Why do they need exactly this basin? I mean, there surely was plenty of space in that forest and at least some even ground where they could slug it out. That explanation with the basin defied all logic considering that a town/city with all its narrow streets and tall buildings isn't more spacious than a forest at all

Sorry guys, but this was poor storytelling!

5.5/ 6 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

finnally i cant wait

Talking

metagross is way better

Im not a hater, but having sat and watched the Japanese version of the intro, in the particular order in which they had it....I just found it a bit messy when dubbed. I just dont see how they are going to factor it in in THAT scene at the end of DP179 because it is so slow and contemplative.

The ep itself, ah, every series starts with a dodgy filler, like Get Your Rotom Running! Wasnt a bad ep for filler though.

EDIT: And just realised that at around 6:32, they still havent bothered editing out the double Pikachu!
    Last edited by d4rk_tailed; 6th June 2010 at 12:04 AM.

This episode was great. The new theme song was not one of the best, but I do like all the pics and scenes. I thought it was incredible when Happiny threw the giant ice basin off the valley. I found it funny that Gible's Draco Meteor hit Piplup into the battle between Metagross and Magnezone.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Best thing about this episode were;
    the new opening
    more animation errors
    brock idolizing jenny
    Piplup's running gag

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post

- Suuuure, Happiny can lift a whole frozen lake and throw it into a valley as it is was nothing. COME ON!!! How silly was that?!?:saiyan: The writers have already proven themselves as being able to write highly profound, great episodes! Why this decline now??
    Sir, ive read your posts for quite a while now and at the start your rant about physics I found quite amuzing but now its just plain annoying.

This is a cartoon, physics doesnt apply here, if I go on about this how do pokemon conjure up random amounts of mass from nowhere. The happiny thing is meant to be funny, to amuze you so lighten up a little please? (puppy dog eyes) The more outrageous it is, the funnier it gets so please lighten up.

-----

Now to the episode, I think it is a great start to the new season nice to see a magnezone and a metagross. It was very actioney also, with the battles at the start, but then it went very heart warming where you see all the gang's pokemon appear helping out here and there and it was just refreshing. Then we go all actioney again with magnezone and metagross battling to death in their basin where no other pokemon are around the harm and they can just release there anger (quite literally). Then we go light hearted again for the gible-piplup draco meteor joke which is a nice end to the episode.

To be honest, i think it was well written and also well balanced to keep us entertained.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

It was ok. The fighting would have been better if they actually did more then just run into each other...over...and over..and over....and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    The ep itself, ah, every series starts with a dodgy filler, like Get Your Rotom Running! Wasnt a bad ep for filler though.
    Not true, 8 out of 13 seasons did not start with filler. Leaving only 5 with filler.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast