Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Regaining the Home Advantage! (626)

It was a pretty decent episode and a good start to Season 13. They should have edited out the Double Pikachu Mistake. Maybe they never realized it. The fighting was pretty decent. Kudos to more of the Draco Meteor & Piplup Gag.
    9/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Well, The thing that I will say about this is that the mayhem that ensued from Magnezone & Metagross fighting each other in a city most definitely got this new season off to a strong start. I loved these two, as they've turned that city into carnage central, with all the other trainers having dead Pokemon, & they've almost managed to turn it into a disaster area.

The sad thing about it? It's a filler episode... That means I'm not wasting a single ounce of my precious lead on this, not to say that I couldn't, but that's my custom over here: I never do BP summaries on fillers, no matter how good they are...
    Last edited by Brumrha; 7th June 2010 at 2:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Not true, 8 out of 13 seasons did not start with filler. Leaving only 5 with filler.
    You realise I only meant the series that dont begin the journey in a new region right? Not like the very first ep that began Kanto, or the eps that began the OI or Hoenn sagas?

@Brumrha: yeah, never waste lead Going to need it for all the REAL eps in this series.

Good way to start season 13 IMO. I know there's no season system in japan, but US picked up a good episode to start season 13 with. This is one of the funny episodes in D/P, more so I was amazed by Happiny's strength. I knew she's strong, but I didn't think she'd be strong enough to lift that HUGE boulder lol.

The highlight of this episode is obviously Ash having 2 Pikachus. And I found it particularly hilarious when Piplup was being chased by Metagross and Magnezone, Dawn was shouting "Piplup be safe ok"
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

This was an ok episoe I enjoyed Brock flirting with Jenny and when she thanked Crogunk instead of Brock. Also Happiny throwing team rocket in the air was kinda funny. Oh and when Piplup got attacked by Draco Metour and then got chased that was quite funny too

The new theme song wasn't doing it for me... but decent episode.

5th Generation is almost here.

Originally Posted by leafpower

* A more complex storyline with "real" evil villains It is Pokemon, not Grand Theft Auto.

Wow. Amazing.
    They turned the best opening into something that me turn off the TV.
    Way to go dub.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Decent episode. It was nice to see Magnezone in an episode.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

The new theme song will take some getting use to. The episode was decent, nothing too special. It would have been nice if Happiny had done some battling instead of just catching Metagross. It was an okay debut episode for Magnezone.

6/10
    Last edited by Swampert_trainer; 16th June 2010 at 8:51 PM.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

What's with the two Pikachus when Dawn calls out Mamoswine? SO much fail...

EDIT: Here at 6:29... They didn't even catch it and remove it from the English. Still can't get over how much fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckPKGp6ezCg
    Last edited by Sir Devious; 19th June 2010 at 2:21 AM.
    I'm looking for the following legendary Pokemon:Tornadus
    If you have one for trade, please PM me and maybe we can make a deal. Must be legit, not nicknamed and English.
    I'm also looking to collect shiny Pokemon, the Charizardite Y, as well as EV trained Pokemon (looking for Aegislash specifically)

Team Devious
    1332-7805-8539

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    How could the animators have missed that? Omg.

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed the double Pikachu and I'm shocked to see that the rumors were true. The overall animation in this episode was poor.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot I took of that same scene, the quality is a tad better ^^;

Wow. I didin't even notice the double-Pikachu until I saw it here. That is strange and funny!

ALL RIGHT!!! Sinnoh League Victors Is Here!! Finally!!!!
    I've been waiting forever for this new season!

Alright, I'll calm down now.

- When the announcer said they were on their way to Daybreak Town, I thought that this episode was just going to be another repeat. Thinking that they have already been to that town already.

- Then some/a theme/theme music I've never seen/heard of before came on. Is this new???

- Then I saw "Sinnoh League Victors" on my screen! YESSSSSSSSSS!

- Wow. After seeing Snorlax, Bayleef, and Feraligatr, I'm surprised no one here has speculated that "maybe Ash's Snorlax, Bayleef, Totodile will make a return".

- Also, in regards to the above point, how many more times are the writers going to promote SS with showing Johto Pokemon? Huh?

- "That's Magnezone! That's Metagross!" That's the sound of me losing that little bit of respect for you Brock! Seriosuly, dose this guy have to Point out every single obvious thing in this series?

- Wait, this is the first time a Magnezone has been shown in the Anime? I thought it was shown before?

- Only six minutes in and already Brock flirts with an officer Jenny. That's got be a new record in my book.

- Ash's arm looked a bit to thin in one scene.

- Dawn chooses Mamoswine instead of Piplup. Poor Piplup!

- Why are TR eating toast and jam? That seems like a completely random thing the writiers chose for them to eat. Plus, where do you think they got the money to buy that. Hm? They're so unsuccessful in catching Pikachu, they obviously don't get payed enough, if not at all to buy these things. Unless, they've been carrying it with them between this episode and the last one...

- Oh, right Ash still only has Monferno, that's right. From the opening, for some reason I thought that he already had an Infernape.

- What was the COTD's name? I though I heard Crispin? but that can't be right.

- Brock seems alot more exuberant this episode. He must really want to impress this Officer Jenny, doesn't he?

- "Thank you so much...Croagunk! Haha, Brock get's rejected again!

- No, no, no, no, no, no, no! What were the writers thinking when they made Happiny able to throw such a large piece of frozen water? It boggles the mind!

- Gible decides that instead of training with Ash, he decides that the nearby rock looks like a nice tasty treat! Then he decides that Ash's head is perfect for dessert!

- ...And then he tries to use Draco Meteor again! Thus continuing the one of the best running gag's in the show.

- Now Piplup, you know you should never quarrel with two Pokemon who you know can fry you like an egg!

A good but not great start to the new season.
    Looks like the next episode is a little more exciting. It looks like everyone's favorite sea weasel Pokemon is going to possibly learn a new move!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (</mega/primal)

The theme song is really good.... also a very interesting and "scientific" episode

LOL at the double Pikachu. A fun filler episode however - but quite a slow start. Gotta love Team Rocket's antics and failures along the way. I do quite like the new theme tune - it's better than the new BW one, at least. Nice debut for Magnezone. The guy in the mountains (forgot his name) had a weird voice though, something really grated my ears with it :P But yeah, a nice little episode but probably not the best to start off a new season.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

it was very funny and i liked it a lot but it could have been better

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Magnezone for the 1st time. It was cool to see Mamoswine and Monferno battling the 2 Pokemon. As usual, Gible's failed Draco Meteor attempts kept on hitting Piplup. It was funny when Officer Jenny praised Croagunk instead of Brock when Croagunk used Brick Break to break the rock. It was cool and funny when Happing picked up and threw the frozen lake. Magnezone and Metagross really liked fighting each other. It was cool to see Mirror Shot for the 1st time.

31/100

Magnezone is cool, and the battle Vs Metagross is also pretty awesome,
    and it was funny to see how strong little Happiny really is
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was cool. The New Theme was good. It was cool to see Magnezone for the first time. It was really strong. It was also cool to see Metagross again. It was strong too. It was weird to see Team Rocket trying to help but as expected they were just lying. It was weird seeing Happiny lift that massive block of Ice. Glad that Magnezone and Metagross couldn't destroy the Town anymore after the basin was drained.

I Watched this episode this morning, the new theme is cool, and I laughing at double pikachu mistake.

Bleh, not a favorite episode of mine. I've never been a fan of the battle-heavy episodes. The best thing about this episode is that it's a rare opportunity to see Team Rocket helping out. This would rank down there with season seven's "What You Seed is What You Get" as the least-interesting season openers.

4/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 9/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

It's a good episode to start season 13 of the English dub, i like Action-packed episodes like this. However, I didn't like the song that TPCI used for this season's opening, the Galactic Battle Opening some was much better than this. Also, I think it would've been better if the dubbers didn't named it "Sinnoh League Victors!" it gave false hope of Ash winning the Sinnoh League....which didn't happen.
    Ash and the Others were on their way to Sunyshore City, but they gets attacked by a Magnezone. After Ash and the gang reach the nearby town, they the town's Officer Jenny. Brock like always, was flirting with Officer Jenny....But Croagunk stopped him with Poison Jab. Officer Jenney tells them that a Magnezone and a Metagross are causing havoc in the town, so Ash and the others tries to stop the Pokémon from damaging the town.
    I liked the look on Piplup's face when Dawn choose Mamoswine instead of him, it's kinda funny. It's nice to see Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Pachirisu working together.
    It's funny when Brock tries to impress this Officer Jenny again, But Jenny thanks Croagunk and and Brock gets rejected again!
    Ash's Gible tries to use Draco Meteor again and like always, the Draco Meteor hits Piplup.
    The "Ash having two Pikachu" episode error was one of the most momorable erros in my opinion, I am suprised that the animators didn't fix this error for this episode's english dub.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234