Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion's on the Third Generation

Default Your Opinion's on the Third Generation

Hi Everyone,
    This thread isn't like the "Why Does Everyone hate the Third Generation" but what your overall opinion on the Generation as a whole, e.g Pokemon, Movies and of course the Games^^

My opinion: Currently it's my least Favourite Generation(4th being my Current Favourite Generation) but I still love the Games(I hate nothing Pokemon^^),
    However I didnt like how many water routes there was though I did understand it was a "Water/Summer" Region.
    The Pokemon designs were great with some of my Favourite's being Kecleon, Marshtomp, Legendaries etc.
    Movie wise I liked all 4 Movies and thought all had great storylines.
    Anime wise the Anime was an upgrade to Johto's anime just like how each new Generation's Anime is an upgrade to the previous Generation's Anime,
    Storyline Wise I thought Generation 3 had a completely different storyline to Generation 2 and went deeper into some of Pokemon's past mysteries and at the same timeintroduced alot of new Legends to go with the new Legendaries.
    It also introduced us to Contests which was a great addition however I get the feeling that the Generation Five Games won't have contests or that they will take a backstep to a new sidequest^^

Overall a great Generation and introduced alot of new additions to the Table(like every Pokemon Generation does)^^
    Last edited by koolhk; 13th January 2010 at 7:39 AM.

Well the third generation is my favorite generation. the pokemon and the plot are really great, the moves as well.

I really love the starters, rhey were designed in very special forms.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Well, I hate 3rd Gen before when I first saw it. I was about 7 years old and I thought the protagonists were "uncool and the girl looks unfabulous", while the starter Pokemon (Treeko, Torchic, and Mudkip) looks ugly so does their evolutions.

But things changed when I bought a TCG set of Ruby and Sapphire. I was wrong. Everything looks far different from what I have said. But my judgment on the protagonists were unchanged. Only for the Pokemon. The first 3rd gen Pokemon I liked was Spoink, Kirlia, and Spheal.

Then, I started playing Ruby at the age of 9, and everything looks a lot better than I've expected on the TCG. The protagonists weren't so bad at all, and I'm culture-shocked because this Pokemon game was different than the previous Pokemon game I've played and known. The storyline was really cool and the bad guys TM and TA were not those kind of bad guys who "steal Pokemon to rule the world" but instead they are the ones who "change the climate for the sake of the [insert type here] Pokemon AND to rule the world". That's unique, I say. Also, the gym leaders, I found most of them have a unique personalities, and the gym puzzles are interesting and a nice addition to the gym. I liked Winona's gym, Pokemon and personality the most. Second is Roxanne. The Elite 4 have cool personalities, and the Champion/s are less "heroic" and they were interesting. The water routes are the major problem to most of the people playing the game. Well, it's the one of the major differences of the game, and speaking of water routes, diving was a nice addition (better than defog, that is :\ ). The Battle Frontier, The Secret Base, and The Trick House are also a great addition too ^^

I also loved the new Pokemon introduced aside from the ones I have mentioned above. The starters are not that bad at all, so are the legendary Pokemon.

Then, I played Fire Red (still playing it), the remakes of RBY. The game was a genius. Sevii Islands is a nice addition, and I liked the Male and Female protagonists. Nothing much to say about Fire Red and Leaf Green. They were overall nice games.

Then, I continued to collect 3rd Gen cards. I love Delta Species and the Deoxys set the most. They were the coolest of the cool.

Oh, and about the movies, I liked Jirachi: The Wish Maker the best. They focused on the underdog yet annoying character making friends with a nice-looking Pokemon. Destiny Deoxys was also good, and that's my second favorite 3rd Gen Pokemon Movie. I'm a bit disappointed at the whole anime though, but I like the way they made Ash smarter I also like May because she's cooler than Dawn (even Dawn was a lot more stylish than May).

This was a bit of an opposite to my impression at 4th Gen. I thought it was good at first, but I realized that nobody can replace my Ruby and Sapphire
    Current Rank: <Marsh Trainer>

5th Generation? OH YES.
    Currently Inactive. I won't be here for long. I'm taking a non-virtual vacation/

i really loved the 3rd gen, and i played every game, but have only seen destiny deoxys. i thought the movie was really good, but with the games, i didnt like how the attacks were classified based on type. for example: thundershock is a special attack, and wont set off poison point, and is based on the special attack stat, but spark is a physical attack, and does have a chance of setting off poison point, but is also based on the special attack stat, not the normal attack stat
    Friend safari type: dark
    Pokemon: Absol, Vullaby, Crawdaunt
    Fc: 3823-9454-8508
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Shiny count 50! (In gen six)

I liked all the Gen's honestly and don't understand why people single out the 3rd as the worst. I really liked the tropical feel of the characters, environments, and pokemon, it was really different. The only things I didn't like was the fact you had to switch between bikes and the crap load of water. Although the water isn't that big of deal with a good supply of Max Repel's.

I like all the generations, so I appreciate the third generation as well.

For R/S/E:
    Initially I was not keen on them when I first saw R/S, but I got used to them when I first played Sapphire, it is undeniable that the abilities, natures, weather, etc., are great additions.
    Although Team Magma and Team Aqua are kind of lame as villains in my opinion, their storyline is good. Emerald is even better because of the addition of Battle Frontier as well as Gym Leader rematches, and the enhanced storyline of Team Magma and Team Aqua. Also, I actually like the fact that you can be a kid of a Gym Leader in the games. Speaking of this, I find Hoenn have the most challenging Gym leader overall. They have good battling strategy that I have problems with at least half of them, For example, Flannery's Attract Torkoal, Norman's Counter+Facade Slaking, Winona's Earthquake Altaria, Juan's Double Team+Rest Kingdra, Tate & Liza's good double battle strategy (especially in Emerald) and some others. When I first played my Sapphire, Brawly gave me a lot of trouble as well.

In terms of Pokemon, I personally never have much problem with Hoenn Pokemon overall. Breloom is my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, but I adore Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Castform, Swampert and some others as well.

For FR/LG:
    I would say FR/LG are more underrated than R/S/E, because I have found that FR/LG haters consist of not only nostalgia-blinded R/B/Y fans, but R/S/E lovers too.
    I admit that FR/LG were not great as remakes, but they are still great games IMHO. FR/LG introduced VS Seeker and post National Dex Elite Four rematches. I admit that Sevii Islands could be better, but at least they gave us something to do after defeating the Elite Four, such as catching some Johto Pokemon and the Team Rocket Warehouse quest.
    Last edited by leilukin; 14th January 2010 at 2:55 AM.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

3 gen isn't a bad gen but it isn't the best (curently the 4th is that in my opion) they did a great job on it tho

fr/lg: I think it are good remakes but only because they gave option to other place (sevii islands)
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

RSE: I love Ruby, it was my second game ever ^_^ I actually liked all the water routes, it was something different, and also the lack of caves was awesome *coughrocktunnelcough*. The weather trio are awesome too. The downside was the lack of stuff to do after the elite four, and the lack of strong trainers.
    FRLG: Also loved it. Very nostalgic, yet it added more to the games- i.e. the sevii islands and the team rocket/ruby&sapphire sidequests.
    I like both these games more than Pearl. Most of the 4th gen pokemon really suck. I haven't played Platinum though so maybe that redeems Sinnoh..

Silver is overrated. But Gold is the colour of CHAMPIONS! If you're gonna be purchasing Heart Gold as opposed to Soul Silver put this in your signature (started by HO-oh)

あなたはスイカのように頭が悪いです。

The 3rd generation was okay but not the best of all the generations.
    If you like or chose in your Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum game or both put this in your sig. I've claimed an army of Pikachus!!! They're unbeatable!
    My Ruby Water Monotype Challenge:
    Kip (Swampert)
    Peeko (Pelipper)
    Tent(Tentacruel
    Bitin Pedo(Sharpedo)
    Seal(Sealio)
    Sparky(Lanturn
    Currently training for Groudon.
    Empoleon is a penguin. Penguins are awesome. If you think Empoleons and penguins are awesome, copy this into your signature. (started by XxpikapikaxX
    Rubyand Saphire deserve remakes. If you think so copy and paste this in your sig.

very fun to me, but it kind of feels like ruby and sapphire were rushed to be finished because there is so much that could be added to them. mayb we'll c more in a remake one day...
    I Believe in Ruby & Sapphire Remakes
    (Although the Remakes Won't Be As Good)

bEsT wIsHeS!

It's as good as any other generation so I'd wish people would stop bashing it.

It gave us Secret Bases, Metagross and Salamence, and gym rematches.

The 3rd and 1st gens are tied between which is my favorite. (with the 2nd not too far behind). I really liked the idea's of double battles, contests and pokemon abilities. Double battles added an extra dimension of strategy as did pokemon abilities which also made pokemon more differentiated from one another. The contests were also a fun distraction. I also loved the battle frontier in Emerald as it gave the games a much better replay value. The pokemon designs are the best since the original 150 and I loved hoenn's more exotic locales. I felt like the games were a massive improvement and were well worth the wait. The whole thing felt like a breath of fresh to the franchise and by severing some ties to previous gens it avoided feeling like a rehash.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I've always loved the 3rd Gen and don't get all the hate it gets. I must have played through RSE 6 or 7 times in total, far more times than any other. Even though overall time is not as much as the amount i've spent in DPPt. Probably my favourite I would say, just ahead of 4th gen, its just a shame that it doesn't have the improvements to the game mechanics added in the 4th gen which makes it slightly irritating going back to playing it knowing how good the special/physical split is.
    Still though, brilliant games, great design, I enjoyed the water and they introduced so many great pokemon, much better than the new 4th gen ones. Also, I must have the return of the above ground secret bases in 5th gen, I had an incredibly well hidden one in Sapphire.
    *Leaves to go and admire secret base*
    FC: 1779 - 0465 - 6200

Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba / Masquerain / Vivillion

I loved the 3rd gen when I first played it.The first Pokemon game i played was in the 3rd gen(Sapphire).But when gen 4 came,It`s number 2.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I like 3rd gen as a game for it makes many improvements (abilities, weather, etc.) and I like most of the legendaries in the game but taking day/night out has always made it feel like a bad move. As I said before I love the legendaries in the game but thats the only 3rd gen pokemon I trully like... all the rest just feel boring imo.

3rd Gen is my least favorite. I wasn't a fan of the region, though I did like that it introduced many new Water type Pokemon (including Swampert). However, I really did not like the feel of the region. Hoeen just seemed to tropical. Everything was so bright and there was none of the sense of mystery I got from the prior two regions. Hoenn lacked diversity. Sure they had an ice cave and a dessert, but there weren't many forests or small lakes. Just long rivers and oceans.

I always felt as if the 3rd Gen was just missing something. It had amazing Pokemon but the region just wasn't up to par in my opinion.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

I really liked the 3rd gen. games. The graphics didn't bother me at all. I guess I understand that people didn't think they were great for the GBA, but they were an improvement over the previous graphics and personally, I like the 2D graphics. The 4th gen. isn't as appealing to me.

Team Magma and Team Aqua had really great stories. They weren't just Team Rocket's general 'steal pokemon' schemes, they actually had a real plot and a real goal they believed in. It was very refreshing, especially for me since I love more complex villains.

As someone said earlier, there were a lot less caves, which I liked. I preferred the water travel over traveling through long caves like Mt. Moon. I've always found caves annoying.

The double battles were great additions, so were the contests. There were several things added to the games that I thought made up for the lack of the day/night system.

Too much water, useless rivals, and annoying enemy teams. Other than that, it was pretty good.

My favorite generation.I still play my emerald, sapphire, and leafgreen

I hope I don't offend anyone, but, the in-game R/S/E seemed pretty, well, bland... It's lack of urban-like areas, well, I don't know. I'd say the most civilized area is Mauville, Sootopolis, or Battle Frontier (if you'd consider that urban). But its just an in-game thing for me. Ironically R/S/E are my favorite pokemon games. And I like its pokemon the most. And may I also add Pokemon Emerald was my first pokemon game.
    Don't know what it is, but it's epic
    Entei + Raikou + ? =
    Legendaries are FTW ...not...

Meh, epic sig fail......why did I even bother, and what's with those pesky numbers?

R/S/E: Best Pokemon games ever. I love it all: the Pokemon, the region, the story, the Battle Frontier, the graphics, the mechanics, and all that. It was actually a good thing to lose time in my opinion.

FR/LG: Mediocre. I never actually finished these games without trading from a friend, actually.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

R/S/E
    I played Emrald and Ruby and they were both really fun^_^ I liked the battle tower in emrald, since it gave me something to do afterwards. The only things i Didnt like was all the water traveling, besides that, its definatly one of my favorites.
    FR/LG
    I didn't like LG as much as i liked Ruby, but it was still a good remake of red and blue. I liked it for the most parts, but it just seemed a little dull sometimes

The 3rd gen is my favorite after the 1st gen. It's because of the 3rd gen that I got back into Pokemon, I grew up with the firs gen then the 2nd gen came out & I wasn't impressed with the 2nd gen so I went away from Pokemon I didn't get any 2nd gen games, then the 3rd gen came out and when I saw it it was so cool I got dragged back into Pokemon. The 3rd gen had a lot of new things, more ghosts like Shedinja & Dusclops (my fave type), more dragons like Altaria & Flygon, more darks & metals, plus my fave pokemon of all time now Gardevoir. The new attacks where great, the weather thing was cool. I also like Hoen cause it's tropical which is what I like! I liked the 3rd gen a lot.
    The 4th Gen have way too many new evolution forms for older pokemon so you're just catching same ol pokemon, but evolving them differently not all that exciting. The 3rd was almost all brand new pokemon line ups I hope the 5th gen has more brand new lineups.
    Last edited by The_Boss_Giygas; 27th February 2010 at 5:26 AM.
    Signature deleted for taunting staff.

- Keep this sh-t up Boss, see what happens.
    Quote by Ethan

You should have talked to me about the sig if the light bondage offended you so much, lack of communication often leads to this, so remember that online citizens who don't like sexy stuff (with women in it anyways).

I think the 3rd generation had the most effort put into it (excluding of course the 1st genration) as s many changes were many and I think that is rather commendable. Plus the Pokemon (even the ice types) are Pokemon you would expect to find in a tropical environment
    Pokedex Progress

Although it Isn't my favorite,[ 2nd and !st ftw! ] 3rd gen is awesome, R/S/E have very good storyline's that are pretty long and pretty decent new Pokemon, The re-make's are amazing! what more can i say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast