Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

Default Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

So what is everyone's opinion about the third Ranger game?

Current known details here

From the main page:

* The game is set in the new Oblivia Region which is a small island range
    * The evil team in this game are called the Pokémon Nappers and are led by a character called Red Eye
    * The PokéAssist is back, this time where you send the Pokémon in question out into the field to assist in the capturing of other Pokémon. However, if the Pokémon receives damage, it will run away
    * The game allows you to ride on the back of the Legendary Beasts; Raikou, Entei & Suicune to get past certain areas
    * You encounter a Pichu whom carries a Ukulele whom seems to have a big part in the story
    * There are symbols that you can draw that all certain Pokémon, such as the aforementioned beasts should you need them. They have released a symbol for Eevee and a symbol for Croagunk.
    * There's a trial version coming on the Nintendo Channel on January 29th
    * There is a multiplayer mode. Up to four players can play to try and capture the most Pokémon
    * There's a secret about the Deoxys you can download. It is to be revealed next month

Looks cool. I loved Ranger 2, very understated game.

* I noticed Bellossom actually appears when you use its assist, making me wonder if maybe each Pokemon have their own unique.
    * I was hoping Deoxys would play a part in the next Ranger game, although my idea involved a giant controlling Satellite, lol. The thing about Deoxys that's a secret makes me wonder if perhaps the in-game one will have a unique form, possibly transferable to another game down the line.
    * Great, UKPichu. Hope it's not as boring as the disproportionately hyped NE Pichu.

It looks very good so far. More action than in the other Ranger titles by the look of it.

I'm most excited about the Deoxys event that will be implemented in the Ranger game.

It's a great game, according what i see in the information on it.

I would like to try "riding on Entei". although the game is still not out.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

By the look of it, Latias and Latios will be in a Ranger title for the first time ever

I've also noticed Marill in one of the pre-release pics. Not 100% confirmed that the Marill line will be in there since these are beta images. I remember Rhyhorn being in the original beta images and not being in the actual game.

EDIT: Also noticed Ledyba, Ursaring, Quagsire.
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th January 2010 at 3:09 PM.

I hope this "special thing" about Deoxys benefits all forms. The reason? I already have a Modest Deoxys that I plan to have in Speed Form, and I wanted to get a Defense Deoxys to experiment with its moveset.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I hope this "special thing" about Deoxys benefits all forms. The reason? I already have a Modest Deoxys that I plan to have in Speed Form, and I wanted to get a Defense Deoxys to experiment with its moveset.
    Most likely. Unless it only benefits a possible new Deoxys form in the next series of games though that's "up in the air" at the moment.

I'm interested to see what we new Pokemon we can transfer to whatever games. Never played the first one, but the second one was kinda cool.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I was thinking that the most likely "special thing" about the Deoxys will either be special moves, a new forme, a different ability or being a shiny Deoxys. It is one of the three legendary Pok&#233;mon I don't have (the others being Celebi and Arceus) so I'm glad it's being made available through this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I'm interested to see what we new Pokemon we can transfer to whatever games. Never played the first one, but the second one was kinda cool.
    Maybe that Ukulele Pichu is transferable to other games?

Looks pretty sweet.
    Latias!

Will this thread be granted "Official" status any time soon?
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

This game looks awsome I will absulutely get it! I loved the previous games ^^

Great! I was waiting for the next ranger game for so long!!
    STEEL TYPE SAFARI
    Ferroseed, Forretress, Excadrill
    5155 - 3555 - 6383~

I do think a lot of people will be disappointed that a new Ranger game was announced as opposed to a 5th Generation, and as much as I hoped for that too I enjoyed the previous two Ranger games, so I'm perectly happy about this.

Was never a fan of Ranger games, although I might give this a try. Riding the dogs looks fun.

Yes! I was hoping there'd be another Ranger game coming out soon, what, after the flood of Mystery Dungeon titles. (Wouldn't that be something to see a Ranger for WiiWare... Have fun waving the Wiimote. Haha.)

In any case, as always, I'm very interested in seeing what Legendaries are being offered. Entei, Raikou, and Suicune alone seal the deal for this little package for me (and having Latios and Latias for the first time is really great, as is the return of Deoxys)...
    I almost didn't get Ranger 2 just because of the... rather uninspired line-up of Legends, compared to the 1st one (until the downloadable missions featuring Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai and Shaymin came about); for me, the Legends make the game.

And yet again, I hope for a little more 1st Generation lovin', along the lines of *finally* featuring Mewtwo (with another side-quest helping of Mew), as well as the 3 birds. I'd just love to see how they would look in such a beautifully sprite fashion. The detail in these games is amazing.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac The Vampire View Post
    I do think a lot of people will be disappointed that a new Ranger game was announced as opposed to a 5th Generation, and as much as I hoped for that too I enjoyed the previous two Ranger games, so I'm perectly happy about this.
    As opposed to a Fifth Generation game or the Fifth Generation itself?

I'm glad that a new Ranger game is on the way. Hopefully it will actually be a challenge to beat, unlike Ranger 2.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Sweet a new Ranger game.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Ugh why have we not gotten a ranger game for wii >.< oh well I will probably get this game, Shadows of Almia was good except it was so darn easy.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    Ugh why have we not gotten a ranger game for wii >.< oh well I will probably get this game, Shadows of Almia was good except it was so darn easy.
    Something about the creator of Pokemon wanting people to experience the main games on handheld consoles.

Sweet! I hope that the Deoxys is a code like Manaphy (USA), not a wi-fi event.

If it IS a wi-fi event, I'll just go to tacobell, I guess...
    Legit Event Pokemon:

How is the region called Oblivia?

You can't make the word "Oblivia" with the Japanese alphabet.

"o" is a combination
    "vi" and "a" are combinations
    "li" can also be "ri" because they sound similar
    But there is a "bl" next to each other. Impossible. The Japanese language consists of either vowels or non vowels (consonants) plus a vowel and "n"

"obl" is not a combo. The closest thinkg would be "obuli" because the "b" needs a vowel.
    00][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    How is the region called Oblivia?
    Something like "Ouburuivia"? Idk.

Anyway, what kind of name is Oblivia? Sounds too dark, like the region was destroyed or something.

I like the Ranger games, but Shadows of Almia really annoyed me due to the lame, predictable storyline, the extremely cliche characters, and how linear the Pokemon captures were. You follow the path, capture one Pokemon, use it to get to the next path, capture some more Pokemon to get to the next few paths, find a hard-to-capture Pokemon to melt the ice/break the big rock/whatever, get to the boss, capture boss, rinse and repeat.

I hope this game shakes things up some.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast