Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Joker View Post
    The one thing that I cannot stand is, why the hell would they choose a Pichu as your partner. Seriously, IT HAS A FLIPPING BANJO. Who would want a Pichu with a banjo? Not me.
    Makes me wonder how people thought of Meowth playing that guitar of his... or whatever he had back in the anime (and seen on his Melee trophy).

Spoiler:- Anywho:

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

anyone else notice typhlosion, feraligatr, and metagross (and my guess based on 2 of these, meganium) are bosses in the game from the trailer? ._.

This section of the subsite for Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light contains the map of the archipelago in which the game takes place.

There are some general things I've noticed. There are three big islands, the top one having a huge ice mountain and a natural resevoir. The other two are connected by a bridge. There are three more islands that are discernable. One is covered by dark clouds which might be a hideout for the villains of the game. One island is small and barely noticeable, and the other island is really a volcano. There is also a darker area of water on the top right. Maybe there is something under there, or it may be where you get the Manaphy egg.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    This section of the subsite for Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light contains the map of the archipelago in which the game takes place.

There are some general things I've noticed. There are three big islands, the top one having a huge ice mountain and a natural resevoir. The other two are connected by a bridge. There are three more islands that are discernable. One is covered by dark clouds which might be a hideout for the villains of the game. One island is small and barely noticeable, and the other island is really a volcano. There is also a darker area of water on the top right. Maybe there is something under there, or it may be where you get the Manaphy egg.
    or one - ice mountain - articuno

two - dark clouds - zapdos

three - volcano - moltres

dark waters - lugia(?)
    Last edited by talala; 25th January 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by talala View Post
    or one - ice mountain - articuno

two - dark clouds - zapdos

three - volcano - moltres

dark waters - lugia(?)
    That could be true considering how in the trailer, Articuno is encountered on an icy terrain.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by talala View Post
    anyone else notice typhlosion, feraligatr, and metagross (and my guess based on 2 of these, meganium) are bosses in the game from the trailer? ._.
    Yay
    Thanks for this, now we can see how different locations might work in the storyline. But is it me, or does this region look a little, uh, small?
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

Geez, compared to Almia and maybe even Fiore, Oblivia sure looks small. Maybe because it's composed of little islands but it looks too small to hold my interest :S

I also think that dark spot is the spot where you can dive for Manaphy's Egg among other things.

The first 2 Ranger games were awesome. Can't wait for it to come out in the US.

Why is the Manaphy Egg a recurring item in the Ranger games? Has it been confirmed yet?

The Deoxys is really interesting as in if you got all the downloadable pokemon from the last two movies all the events than the only two pokemon you can't get that are legendary are Deoxys and Celebi.

Than there is the possibilty of a new Pokemon showing up or more in the game like in Gale of Darkness.

The new team looks interesting though but they should let them actually get what they want and the only thing that could save everything was the Ukele Pichu.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I'm willing to bet that, even if it seems small, the areas are quite large. For all we know, there could be a number of towns and "dungeons" of a variety of sizes.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a number of underwater areas.

There might be a underground city or underwater city.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelia View Post
    Makes me wonder how people thought of Meowth playing that guitar of his... or whatever he had back in the anime (and seen on his Melee trophy).

Spoiler:- Anywho:
        Spoiler:- I don't really think this is a spoiler considering the trailer is, well, a trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Joker View Post
    I have mixed feelings on the game. I love the Ranger series, but I don't know how to take this game.

The one thing that I cannot stand is, why the hell would they choose a Pichu as your partner. Seriously, IT HAS A FLIPPING BANJO. Who would want a Pichu with a banjo? Not me.
    It's a ukelele. The difference between a banjo and a ukelele is a dozen or so pounds. I have no idea about weight, but a banjo is generally about five times the size of a ukelele.

One thing I realized when I saw this: the new female character looks hot. Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em; if you don't agree, deal with it.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    It's a ukelele. The difference between a banjo and a ukelele is a dozen or so pounds. I have no idea about weight, but a banjo is generally about five times the size of a ukelele.

One thing I realized when I saw this: the new female character looks hot. Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em; if you don't agree, deal with it.

I do believe that Minami is too thin for my liking. I much prefer people like May, or Aria, or Rythmi, or Whitney, or Wendy, or Flannery... I could go on, but won't.

Anyway, I've now seen the trailer, and the Pokemon Sunday thing. A thing I wonder: was the thing that the spiky-haired fellow playing the beginning of the actual game, or was it a part of this 'trial version' I've heard about? It would be a nice beginning, introducing the villains immediately like that, instead of introducing the grunts one at a time... I like that, but I'd dislike it if every mission you got was 'Defeat PokeNappers!'. I like it how in SoA, you got a couple of missions that were just 'Deliver the newspaper', and 'Teach children'. Not like Ranger one where basically every mission majorly involved the Go-Rock Squad...

About the PokeNappers... Capturing the Legendary Birds in a flying fortress? Real original... but I don't mind so much. Anyway, these Nappers ride on flying segways that shoot energy balls, they have a submarine, and they have a flying fortress with giant energy cannons. And all they're Pokemon Nappers... Pokemon Kidnappers... Why not 'Ultimate Aerial Destroyers', or something?

Speaking of aerial stuff, flying is now 60% cooler! You can fly through the sky on Latios, dodging energy balls and lightning bolts! Capturing swarms of Pidgey! Lovely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duality Ninja View Post
    And if the third version isn't called Gray, I'll eat my own poop.
    HeartGold FC: 0733 0535 2913

hm, they better do something about the gameplay because it's repeative and becomes boring after a while, that's a problem that already occured in the last two parts but knowing me i'll end up buying it once more out of curiosity.

Ohyes, a few more things:

In the trailer, right after showing the flying fortress firing it's huge energy ball, it showed male hero jumping off a Lapras into the sea. They are most likely different events, but I still found it funny to think of a ranger abandoning a Lapras, leaving it to die while he escapes into the sea. ...yeah, I have a weird sense of humour.

Anyway, multiplayer looks awesome. I wonder what kind of missions would be done, aside from the Deoxys one. Multiple captures and Poke Assists are great! The Sync Shapes are nice, but they seem a tad overpowered... Anyway, it's a pity that I don't have any friends who play Ranger!

One last thing I noticed: When Blaziken was using it's Blaze Kick on Metagross, I observed that the friendship bar at the top had red stuff in it, not yellow. And when hit with Blaze Kick, the redness went down, not up. I wonder what that could mean...

I noticed that in this trailer, 36 seconds in, Ukelele Pichu seems to be able to talk. I don't know anything about Japanese, but the red area where its name is matches its Japanese name, and the text it "says" is one symbol off of its Japanese name. Could this be a typo, or could it mean there is something more "special" about the Ukelele Pichu?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryperson View Post
    I noticed that in this trailer, 36 seconds in, Ukelele Pichu seems to be able to talk. I don't know anything about Japanese, but the red area where its name is matches its Japanese name, and the text it "says" is one symbol off of its Japanese name. Could this be a typo, or could it mean there is something more "special" about the Ukelele Pichu?

Well y'see, that last character is a small 'tsu', which is silent. It's used to emphasize the consonant that comes after it, I think... I don't know what it does at the end of words though. But, all that Pichu is saying is "Pichyu!". Of that, I am somewhat almost certain.

Well, more news is coming in February.
    We'll see what surprises they have for us and hopefully how many Ranger Signs there are. We'll need a guide, within the game, to remember them all. This is to compensate for the 17 partners we could get in the last game. It would be great if the regular Assists could be used until their HP is empty or if we release them manually.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

I loved how you place the Pokemon down to summon them in battle.

Also, seems you can link up 2 or 3 Pokemon for a stronger assist.

If linking up is helpful to getting a stronger assist, then I don't see how I'll be able to use that feature. Not many people here have a DS so Ranger title are rare.

The Ukelele Pichu seems to be the most interesting Pokemon since Meowth. When has a Pokemon ever played an instrument before now? (Not counting Kricketot/Kricketune)

Haha, yes, Mew seems to be in the game! Unless the footage over at Filb.de was just for a brief demo only. If that makes it in the final, downloadable or otherwise, then Good show.
    Now all's we need is a side helping of Mewtwo, and we should have the 1st Gen Legends covered. If he doesn't, I won't not consider buying the game, but it would be nice... unless he's being saved up as some kind of primary Pkmn for any future Ranger title.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

This looks cool ,as long as i does'nt SUCK like the 1st one and be GREAT like Shadows Of Almia.
    hi

Not happy with the deoxys event annoucement to be only multiplayer has stopped one of my only chances to get a deoxys as I dont have a friend close by to play pokemon with so no deoxys for me
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Not happy with the deoxys event annoucement to be only multiplayer has stopped one of my only chances to get a deoxys as I dont have a friend close by to play pokemon with so no deoxys for me
    I feel the same way, though I can get the Deoxys via trade if necessary. Would've been nice to get it myself though.

I think Pokemon games are moving towards multiplayer concepts again.

I have noone else to play with so i guess no deoxys for me..oh well I have two of them anyways :P

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast