Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

WHY MULTIPLAYER!?!?

You know Nintendo, I don't think I'm getting this game. Who seriously has someone close by to play with?

They could make it Wi-Fi compatible...

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Not happy with the deoxys event annoucement to be only multiplayer has stopped one of my only chances to get a deoxys as I dont have a friend close by to play pokemon with so no deoxys for me
    Thankfully I'm covered; I have 2 DSs. Unfortunately, in order to use this I will need to own two copies of the game.
    Not really unusual for me, after all, I have:
    2 Pearl versions
    3 Diamonds
    2 Platinums
    2 MD Reds
    2 MD Blues

The scary thing is that all of those except one MD Red and one MD Blue were bought with my own money right out of my own wallet. I guess there are some good things about having such limited tastes that I never bother buying anything but Pokemon games and Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

So...I take it the game doesn't have Wi-Fi multiplayer, then?

Odd choice there.

I think Pokemon games are moving towards multiplayer concepts again.
    Those concepts never left. Ever.
    At all.

Quote Originally Posted by EeveeSkitty View Post
    WHY MULTIPLAYER!?!?

You know Nintendo, I don't think I'm getting this game. Who seriously has someone close by to play with?

They could make it Wi-Fi compatible...

I understand that's the whole premise of the Pokemon franchise/brand, but I'm always hard-pressed to find anyone to trade/play with. That's why I have 2 DS's, and multiple copies of some of the games. I hope the mission is such that the second person doesn't have to do anything...just show up (fat chance), because I really don't want to be teaching someone else how to play the game.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

So how about those special attacks.

Detect Deoxys seems pretty useless considering it already had Protect.
    Meteor Mash seems kind of nice, certainly better then Detect. Probably better moves out there, but eh.

Eruption Heatran made me surprised, since I thought the Pokemon that lived in and controlled a volcano got this naturally.

Also why does Bulbapedia call this "Locus of Light"

This game looks really interesting... But the whole Deoxys thing seems kinda complicated...

Only the leader? So it can be obtained without multiplayer, or...?

(I really want a Deoxys...)
    Formerly known as EeveeandKirliafan.

Check out my fanfic! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance

Latest chapter: Chapter 40: "When did you become this strong!?"

Also, for those interested in Winx Club: A Wizard's Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    So how about those special attacks.

Detect Deoxys seems pretty useless considering it already had Protect.
    Meteor Mash seems kind of nice, certainly better then Detect. Probably better moves out there, but eh.

Eruption Heatran made me surprised, since I thought the Pokemon that lived in and controlled a volcano got this naturally.

It's wrong and they need to change it, but right now the general consensus seems to be "it's a pain, let's leave it" and "it sounds cooler" lol >.<
    [witness the mess]

Quote Originally Posted by EeveeandKirliafan View Post
    This game looks really interesting... But the whole Deoxys thing seems kinda complicated...

Only the leader? So it can be obtained without multiplayer, or...?

(I really want a Deoxys...)
    I wish You need 2+ players to clear the mission and only the leader (whoever initiates the mission) gets it :/ ... which means I'm screwed lol >.<
    Last edited by yaminokame; 15th February 2010 at 1:47 PM.

1978年5月18日 岐阜県で起こった連続殺人事件。
    死者13名、負傷者52名 凶器 ハサミ―。

Using Pokemon Black/White Wi-Fi Club
    Using Pokemon Global Link

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    I don't know. Maybe that is what it is really called from the Japanese logo or something like that.

I really like this game so far. There are many cool Legendary Pokemon like Deoxys and Heatran.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I don't know. Maybe that is what it is really called from the Japanese logo or something like that.
    Nope :/ It's a mistranslation that they need to change :/ ... they just... aren't... and probably won't until the game comes out next month :/

1978年5月18日 岐阜県で起こった連続殺人事件。
    死者13名、負傷者52名 凶器 ハサミ―。

Using Pokemon Black/White Wi-Fi Club
    Using Pokemon Global Link

Quote Originally Posted by yaminokame View Post
    It's wrong and they need to change it, but right now the general consensus seems to be "it's a pain, let's leave it" and "it sounds cooler" lol >.<
    [witness the mess]
    Wiki drama is the worst

If I can convince my brother to get the game when it comes out in the US, I'll be set!

Defy gravity!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Is that... Skymin!

Nintendo, you have made my day. Another Skymin coming this year! That would make 3! The Event Shaymin I got last year, the Flower Paradise Shaymin, and now this!

Thankyou!
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

So two other missions, right?

It'd be awesome if one of them was an Arceus mission, and you could send over an Arceus that wasn't level 100.

Oh oh, or a Mewtwo that wasn't level 70.

Man, I was so pumped for this game when I found out I could finally get a Deoxys, but NOOOO! They had to screw it up by making it multiplayer only -__-...
    Sure, I have 2 DS's, but where is the fun in wasting money and completing the same game twice just to get one Pokemon?

Having said that though, I'll probably buy a copy anyway, just so I can get Manaphy and an extra Shaymin.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Last edited by The Head Honchkrow; 18th February 2010 at 7:58 PM.

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

I'm not that familiar with the Ranger games, but on Bulbapedia it mentioned that you can play missions in multiplayer with other players. Is this going to be something like KH 358/2 where you can replay previous missions with other players or is there a list of specific missions that can choose from?

So far, info for this game looks great. Although the Deoxys mission requires two games, that's a downer for me. At least I have a Deoxys from the Gamestop event a while ago.
    Last edited by SmartD; 25th February 2010 at 12:23 AM.

I saw some of the Ukulele Pichu details on the main site. It's different than any other Pokemon I've seen in a game. Apart from it's unique Assist, it apparently won't follow you when you travel through time.

I'm also kinda mad this Pichu is exclusive to Ranger 3, it would've been cool if it were featured in other games too :3

The Pokeassist for Ukelele pichu (I'll call it Ukelichu for fun) is really neat. Who knew music notes could be so destructive.

Famitsu gave the game a 9/9/9/9 (36/40)

Pretty good. Don't think any of the spin-offs got that high.

Im really waiting for this game! I didnt like the first one (never finished it) but the second one was a blast! The best spin off Pokemon game...well after Puzzle Adventure.

Can someone who has played all three games answer this. Do you think this third installment is better than the previous games or what? How long is it compared to the other two? anything special?

The World God Only knows

Ah man, i acually hope that there comes a fourth pokémon ranger.

Because i love capturing pokémon.

I want pokémon ranger more that mystery dungeon or just normal pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Can someone who has played all three games answer this. Do you think this third installment is better than the previous games or what? How long is it compared to the other two? anything special?
    I've played all 3 games.

If its was me i say that pokémon ranger 3 is the best, because here you can ride on Entei, Raikou and Suicune. This is tougher to beat than the 2 other games.
    I did on the first pokémon ranger just 5.30 hours. At the second one 8.25 hours and now i almost needed 24 hours to complete it. And now you can even fly in the sky. Now there are even underwater and sky chases. So this pokémon ranger is better than the previous ones if you ask me.

I was thiniking about buying this game. If I buy and beat it, would someone do the deoxys mission with me?
    97.6533% of the people on the Serebii forums have a percentage in their sig.

35.678% Have no idea why.

Despite that, I believe that approximately 43.9998% of the statistics make logical sense.

On a side note, check out my weavile!

Quote Originally Posted by yaminokame View Post
    Actually, locus is right. 軌跡(Kiseki) translates to locus. It's just one of the many possible translations because there are so many English words that mean the same thing.
    Locus, track, trace, trail all these are possible. Locus is the dictionary translation.
    Last edited by kim12; 21st March 2010 at 8:38 PM.
    Watching:
    Darker than Black Season 2, Kobato, Tegamibachi, Taka no Tsume dan, Tales of the Abyss
    and many others

Playing:
    Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon HG/SS, Idol Master PS, Project Diva, Beatmania

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast