Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short and To The Punch (627)

Although a draco meteor that hovers and follows Piplup would be funny.
    I can see that now

Dawn: It's a homing DM

once again seeing piplup getting hit by draco meteor is still funny i love how they are incorportating that as a running gag until gible masters it

my bishie is solrock from pokemon a true example of a pokemon who can learn more than just rock and psychic moves through level up

platinum fc
    jess
    3309 6328 9788

"i mean what if its just a goofy looking fish you know like a dorkfish"-Bill Engvall

-Omg it was just great seeing Buizel out after such a long time!!!!
    -I'm glad that it finally got a win! It's been much too long!
    With Ice Punch, it's gonna get some good wins under its belt. I'm also glad it didn't pull a Gliscor.
    -TR should have just stayed where they were(idiots).
    -I wonder if it'll take until the GF for Gible to master Draco Meteor.
    -Piplup getting hit by Draco Meteor is just uneccessary IMO.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    iirc, it was mostly Meowth's fault. He jumped ahead, ignoring Jessie and James' warnings. :/

-Piplup getting hit by Draco Meteor is just uneccessary IMO.
    I thought it was pretty funny. And at least Dawn finally started to care after not seeming to pay attention to Piplup's abuse in the last few episodes.

Anyway, I'm really starting to love Tomioka-san's style of writing nowadays. No wonder he's the main writer of the show.. Also, the animation for this episode was amazing. And Ash was so calm and cool most of the episode.. x3

..the ending 'animation' freaked me out. Wasn't expecting that at ALL. :O

Anoobis brings up some good points. Rain Dance could be a v. effective strategy for some of Ash's team and I for one would like to see him utilize weather effects, learning which ones are helpful and which ones are not (I could picture a scientist COTD demonstrating Rain Dance for Buizel/Pika, Sunny Day for Grotle/Monferno, Sandstorm for Gible)
    I'm enjoying seeing a greater amount of training based eps and think Ice Punch will serve Buizel well in the Grand Festa-- er Sinnoh League. Tbh if I could pick just one move for Ash's team to learn I'd want his Pikachu to learn Feint and shove in Paul's Protect-spamming face.
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

A great episode, I thought. I liked Kijuurou's character quirk of abbreviating everything; it's pretty amusing to hear a sentence cut down to three syllables. Even better was when the Rockets (including Soonansu) ripped it off. Speaking of which, Nyaasu being so adamant the entire episode about sticking to the plan (not springing their attack until after the battle, when the target's worn out), then cracking right before the pivotal moment and running in recklessly was hilarious.

It did seem a little cheap to have the second battle start out as a move-for-move copy of the first, but excellent music made up for it, and the reset of the battle was pretty great. Also, the little fist bump between Satoshi and Buizel after their victory was perfect.
    Last edited by Magical Needle Smash; 15th January 2010 at 4:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    The writers like to make Ash's team weaker as time goes on.
    All of Sinnoh's evolution, and his pokemon learning new attacks is making Ash's team weaker? That's new

I don't think that the rain was Dem.. because come on, Grotle's been spamming Synthesis during sunny weather for quite some time.. it has only rained twice out of all the times that Buizel fought. So it isn't dem or anything.

I'm a bit curious though. With Gible's ability also being weather induced and stuff.. well.. I'll just have to wait to see that
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Every time there's a down pour, Buizel transforms into the legendary Super Rainin'. He moves super fast, flies through the air (with Aqua Jet), fires off water blasts, and... I dunno, turns gold or something cheesy like that.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

-Man, lookit that CGI water. You know, back in MY day, they actually animated the water normally, so it fit in with the rest of the animation! How crazy is that?
    -Take note of how prominently shown Piplup is here...and how Ash is training Gible's Draco Meteor. I WONDER HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT.
    -I just realized something. Draco Meteor isn't failing because Gible sucks; it's failing because it's just TOO ATTRACTED to Piplup! How else do you explain the fact that it only EVER falls on Piplup? Yeah, I thought so.
    -The land shark falls in water! Is Gible still sharky enough to swim?! Well, it won't swim at all while it has that big rock in its mouth.
    -Buizel's...buoy...looks really damned weird when it's inflated.
    -Suddenly, a dude with a Mr. Mime jumps out of the waterfall!
    -It seems like the guy's giving the twerps weird nicknames? (Satopika, Satobui, Hikapocha, and...I dunno what he said for brock)
    -Come on guy, less blabbering, more battling!
    -FINALLY.
    -Considering how generic psychic moves work in the anime, it's amazing that ANYTHING can win against any Pokemon that knows Confusion or Psychic.
    -Oh no, a punching attack. How dramatic and unexpected of a Pokemon with big hands. Ash is done for.
    -Blah blah COTD has Ash come with him to train Ice Punch and crap blah blah blah
    -As bland as this is, I do appreciate it when the writers show Ash actually, you know, TRAINING Pokemon.
    -And much MUCH later, at night...Ash conveniently gets an idea from two scenes from his training.
    -CHALLENGER! Haven't heard that in a while!
    -Punching leaves naturally leads to punches that freeze things. It's science.
    -Can the animators reuse those 4 seconds of "leaf floating towards Buizel" footage any harder?
    -It's morning, it's stormy, and Satobui Ash is ready for a rematch!
    -Oh look, that prominent storm gave Buizel THUNDER ARMOR super rain speed. How convenient.
    -Rain, two Pokemon hitting each other at the same time, with both standing when the dust clears(but the audience knows one will fall)...could this get any more stereotypically dramatic?
    -Ash wins, and gives Buizel a victory fistbump!
    -Oak's Lecture topic: Charmeleon, as illustrated by the ancient-looking(especially in contrast with the episode we just saw. Or in comparison to the newly animated Charmelon from this lecture, as a matter of fact!) animaton from early Kanto.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 15th January 2010 at 7:08 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Well I think it's great that Ash's Buizel has learned Ice Punch, unlike Ash's Snorlax (knew it alone without learning it with Ash).
    Buizel's strategy in the second battle was very impressive. Ash finally knew how to exploit the resources in the nature. This time it was the rain.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    All of Sinnoh's evolution, and his pokemon learning new attacks is making Ash's team weaker? That's new
    Weaker in the sense that they would give his Pokemon a move that doesn't do any damage.

The Pokemon doesn't actually dance.....does it?
    I hope your joking. Rain Dance has been seen a bunch of times in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    It could be used as a Support Move for other members of the Team. Grotle's Synthesis would heal better during the rain.
    Actually, Synthesis does not work well in the rain. It works best in sunlight.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

It was funny when the bolt of lighting hit TR instead of Pika's volt tackle or thunder

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I hope your joking. Rain Dance has been seen a bunch of times in the show.
    I've only seen Alakazam use it in Advanced Challenge. One time in my experience is still not enough for me to be sure whether the Pokemon has to actually physically dance.

For Gundam fans, there are some amusing parallels with G Gundam in this episode. Kijuurou telling Buizel that it needs to attain a clear and serene state of mind such as a polished mirror and still water (meikyoushisui), just as Schwarz instructed Domon. The training scene at night was also not unlike Domon's at that time. Even the choice of words in the title is similar to the Shining Finger speech.

Wow, I forgot about Charmeleon in Oak's Lecture. They showed the bit when it just evolved in March of the Exeggutor. That thing looked so awesome in the ancient times. Now it has lost that vibrant redness

Shame that there were only two Charmeleon's in the whole of the original series (Ash's, and that one from the glassmaker in the Crystal Onix Episode)(Ow and Richies in the Whirl Islands bit of Johto)(and Oaks in Movie4)

@ The 4th Kira.. That still doesn't make any sense at all, except if you're talking about Splash. Gliscor had Sand Attack, and that was the move that made it win vs. Bastiodon (It wouldn't have gotten an opening for Fire Fang otherwise). So whenever Ash's pokemon do get a move that doesn't do damage, (still few and in between I might add) It's still very helpfull.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

To be honest i didn't like this episode, it can't be described as a filler because Buizel got a new move, but it just feels as one.

Not to mention the training was ridiculous :/ Its good to see Ash or Dawn doing training, but i didn't like the leaves thing and the wise master of martial arts cliche.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by NES View Post
    Not to mention the training was ridiculous :/ Its good to see Ash or Dawn doing training, but i didn't like the leaves thing and the wise master of martial arts cliche.
    Well this was part of the training. Ash though about the training with the leaves, and it worked eventually.

I don't think it was a filler episode. there were two battles, so to me it wasn't a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Well this was part of the training. Ash though about the training with the leaves, and it worked eventually.

I don't think it was a filler episode. there were two battles, so to me it wasn't a filler.
    Of course it wasnt a Filler, There was some character Development for Buizel
    and it learned a new move so it wasnt one. But this episode was okay I think Buizel's second battle with Mr.Mime was a bit rushed though seriously one ice punch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    and it learned a new move so it wasnt one. But this episode was okay I think Buizel's second battle with Mr.Mime was a bit rushed though seriously one ice punch?
    I definitely got that feeling of the second battle being rushed too. It was basically the same battle, but with one ice punch and buizel won. Poor piplup! Barely even one minute into the episode and it gets blown up by another draco meteor!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    Poor piplup! Barely even one minute into the episode and it gets blown up by another draco meteor!
    I don't know, I for one am loving this running gag with Gible's Draco Meteor and how it hones in on Piplup. It's like the writers are saying to it ' If you're gonna be out of your pokeball all the time, you're gonna be the butt of the jokes now'. Maybe it's just my personal detest of Dawn's Piplup, but this gag will always put a smile on my face.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Well the training on the Ice Punch, it was the main event/thing in the episode, and the second battle just showed that Buizel already know how to use the move. I think that the first battle was even longer than the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Well the training on the Ice Punch, it was the main event/thing in the episode, and the second battle just showed that Buizel already know how to use the move. I think that the first battle was even longer than the second.
    well no the first battle was(aqua jet vs psychic,sonicboom vs double team,aqua jet vs thunder punch ko for Buizel) then in the second battle we had the first 2 attacks were the same then ice punch vs thunder punch and buizel dogged the attack and then started to rain and again ice punch vs thunder punch and ko Mr. Mime,the second battle was longer then the first

Pretty good battle ep with nice animation.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    V Faction's summary was better then mine's and it makes me feel sad.
    I find Juputoru's a bit more entertaining[/opinion].

I should have felt excited for this episode but I really didn't enjoy it. Maybe it was because it was very similar to the Gliscor Training / Release episode we've had a few weeks earlier.
    Oh boy... yep, paranoia fuel. Just watch, everytime something like this happens in the future, someone is going to say, "okay, who is Ash going to release next".

Geez, that was a one time thing. Let's let it go, alright?

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    It was real people/dancers. =P
    Saw the pic... wth???

Glad Buizel learned a new move though, it was almost like the Gliscor episode except that...

Spoiler:- Spoiler ALERT!:
    Seriously...

God, that episode is going to make some of us paranoid for some time. Not me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    - Hikari scolds Ash about this now overused gag, it isn't funny anymore..
    I don't know about Dawn, but I'm starting to love it! Especially when I saw it used during the episode where Ash actually catches Gible. I mean, Piplup ducked for cover. And still gets hit.

Sorry Dawn, it's still funny. Maybe not as funny as Brock getting Poison Jabbed, but it's still hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    While it could be because I missed that specific part and was spoiled about it, I really didn't find the Piplup abuse to be funny in this episode, it just didn't seem as funny as the other times.
    Piplup abuse not funny? Wow...

Perhaps they should give it a rest for the moment. Although a draco meteor that hovers and follows Piplup would be funny.
    Actually, that would be downright hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    -^- You, my friend, need to write episode summaries more often. I was laughing half the time....
    It was alright, I still find Juputoru's more entertaining. Mainly because he pokes fun at whatever happens, in a way that's quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    -Omg it was just great seeing Buizel out after such a long time!!!!
    -I'm glad that it finally got a win! It's been much too long!
    With Ice Punch, it's gonna get some good wins under its belt. I'm also glad it didn't pull a Gliscor. I sware.... every time a trainer like this appears... people are going to think... So, why wasn't this the case with Ambipom?? Oh right, because what are the odds of something like THAT happening? Oh boy....
    -I wonder if it'll take until the GF for Gible to master Draco Meteor. Maybe. If that's the case, more PA!
    -Piplup getting hit by Draco Meteor is just uneccessary IMO.It was just the episode context that "watered" it down to the point where it should have been enjoyable but wasn't. Oh well, to each their own. I still think Piplup abuse is great.
    Comments in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Take note of how prominently shown Piplup is here...and how Ash is training Gible's Draco Meteor. I WONDER HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT.
    -I just realized something. Draco Meteor isn't failing because Gible sucks; it's failing because it's just TOO ATTRACTED to Piplup! How else do you explain the fact that it only EVER falls on Piplup? Yeah, I thought so.
    That's a great theory. Maybe once the plot needs it to attack something, it will work. Maybe.

-The land shark falls in water! Is Gible still sharky enough to swim?! Well, it won't swim at all while it has that big rock in its mouth.
    Hmmm... land shark. That may be why.

So... Gible was once again firing meteors at Piplup, and Buizel successfully learns a new move. Not bad.

Might watch it... assuming I can find it.

edit: found it.

*Gible hits Piplup with DM*

Dawn: Oh no you sank my battleship! (she obviously doesn't say that... it's just for laughs)

*Piplup sinks*

Oh god, priceless. Especially Piplup's expression of "Oh Crap" after seeing it.

C_L
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 21st January 2010 at 3:16 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast