Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short and To The Punch (627)

Default Short and To The Punch (627)

Growling Ice Punch! Buizel VS Mr. Mime!!

While training his Gible's Draco Meteor, Ash & Co. encounter a trainer and his Mr. Mime. The trainer quickly challenges Ash to a battle to prove his strength, specifically a battle against Ash's Buizel. Ash quickly accepts. However, after losing the battle, Ash & Buizel decide to start training to learn the move Ice Punch. Will Ash & Buizel succeed in the training and win a rematch?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Missed the starting half, but...

- Mr. Mime trainer rubs me the wrong way.
    - Apparently Buizel was able to start off his punch training rather easily.
    - It was pretty boss in this episode.
    - Training with leaves.
    - Ice Paunch-getto!
    - Rematch time; dodging the Thunderpunch like a player.
    - RAIN HAX; Swift Swim initiate!
    - Victor: Buizel

Oak Lecture: Charmeleon. BBQ'd Oak.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Today's episode was.......

I forgot everything after I watched ED. XD

WTH

First time watching since the Holidays. ROLL BATTLE.

Trainer's Mr. Mime:
    - Double Team (*Sigh ...*)
    - Thunder Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Psychic

Buizel
    - Ice Punch

V Faction's summary was better then mine's and it makes me feel sad.

Should have known the Thunderstorm was for Swift Swim, though. Made him ridiculously fast this time.

I should have felt excited for this episode but I really didn't enjoy it. Maybe it was because it was very similar to the Gliscor Training / Release episode we've had a few weeks earlier.

Good, Buizel won the rematch and finaly Ash got a win.

Gible is still training on his Draco Meteor, Buizel used the ability "Swift Swim"
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 14th January 2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Damn, those suspicious clouds in the sky...who would have thought that Buizel´s ability becomes a plot point in this episode again?
    Makes you wonder why Satoshi doesn´t think of teachin Buizel Rain Dance...
    I guess he forgot that the attack existed.

The episode was....alright. I liked Gible in the beginning and the battle in the end...but the training was boresome and besides the training and the 2 matches...nothing really happended. It was to be expected, I guess.

The ending scared the **** out of me. CRAZY animation for the ending. Who animated it? The characters looked so...real.
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 14th January 2010 at 10:44 AM.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Trainer's Mr. Mime:
    - Double Team (*Sigh ...*)
    - Thunder Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Psychic
    Psychic-type attack: Check
    Obvious Thunderpunch: Check
    Slightly unexpected but not surprising Ice Punch: Check
    Double Team! Hi again, Double Team: Check-Check!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    The ending scared the **** out of me. CRAZY animation for the ending. Who animated it? The characters looked so...real.
    It was real people/dancers. =P

lol, Gible drowning in the river because it ate the platform where it was was funny.

Mr. Mime - for a 'barrier pokemon' not much defensive, was he? No defensive move - that surprised me a bit, really.

I do hope Ash realises the benefit of swift swim, and decides to teach Buizel rain-dance. That would be so cool, and Pika can get an accuracy boost for its Thunder too - not that Anime makes references to accuracy much.......but still.

Who said repeatedly Swift Swim would Activate again??? I forget who it was???lol Well I enjoyed the episode.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

I expected Mr. Mime to have used defensive moves, but it was too offensive for my taste. It's trainer must have trained it using different methods :/

Glad Buizel learned a new move though, it was almost like the Gliscor episode except that...

Spoiler:- Spoiler ALERT!:

This episode, was meh and win.. Torn much? Sady.. yes, I am.. xD

- The episode starts of with Ash training Gible
    - Ash says something along the lines of: Your a dragon type, fire DM!
    - Gible fails
    - Piplup gets struck down while swimming, and sinks like an anchor..
    - Hikari scolds Ash about this now overused gag, it isn't funny anymore..
    - Ash wants to scold Gible, who's eating the rock on which it was standing..
    - Rock doesn't exist anymore.. so Gible hasn't got footing..
    - The Shark falls into the water! Where's the Jaws theme??
    - Buizel gets send out, and is happy about!
    - Buizel saves Gible, who's still munching down in Sandshrews' locker..
    - Two mysterious figures jump out of a waterfall, que epic music!
    - It's a fighter and a mime.. what a duo!
    - Obvious introductions, but this fighter seems to confuse Brock and Dawn a lot xD
    - He wants to fight Ash because Buizel was SUCH a hero!.. yup..
    - Battle starts:
    ----Aqua Jet -> Psychic = Buizel slammed against a tree
    ----Sonic Boom -> Double team = Mr. Mine not getting hit and jumping in the air
    ----Aqua Jet -> Thunder Punch = Knock out for Buizel..
    - What a dumb battle..
    - We see the gang at the fighter's house.. talking about punches and stuff
    - Is this guy saying something that Buizel can learn Ice Punch??
    - Ash starts the waterfall punching along with Buizel..
    - Fighter punches the waterfall and something shines.. Ash's reaction
    - Ash and Buizel are punching while jogging, Buizel punches bushes in the mean time..
    - Ash notices this.
    - Dinner time!!! But of course Buizel and Ash can't eat.. they want to train!
    - Ash looks at the full moon and turns into Darkrai.. no not really.. but would've been cool.. *it actually looks like a frozen Water pulls, if you look at it with a weird angle.. a hint perhaps?
    - Ash starts blowing leaves at Buizel so he can freeze them.. to little success..
    - It's a new day, and Ash rechallenges the fighter..
    - It's stormy, oh gosh, is this a plot point??
    - Team Rocket runs up to Ash, ready to fight, but get hit by lightning crashing down
    - Oh my.. it was a plot point!
    - The battle starts:
    ----Aqua Jet -> Psychic = Buizel gets slammed to the same tree again, but somehow doesn't crash, because he expected this much..
    ----Sonic Boom -> Double Team = nothing happens well this much looks kinda the same.. BORING!
    ----Punching time! Ice Punch vs Thunder Punch! = Buizel loses the punchout!
    - It looks as if Buizel's rubber sack cancelled out some of the electricity..
    ----OHH NOEZ IT'S STARTING TO RAIN, Buizel and Ash eye contact! It's going to go down!
    ----Buizel slipstreams towards the Mime
    - Shocked fighter expression: GOSH IT'S MIGHTY FAST ALL OF A SUDDEN!
    ----Ice Punch vs Thunder Punch = Buizel evades the Mime due to speed (Looks epic btw) and hits the Mime! then standoff faces.. and half the Mime's belly freezes.. KNOCKING IT OUT ! This mime has no defences what so ever! That's one attack that took it down.. geesh..

- Everybody dances in the rain and are happy..
    - The fighter starts into a speech.. God no! Buizel isn't going to get released here is he???
    - Thankfully Buizel stays on the team.. I broke out a sweat there.. phew.. I can breath again..
    - They part ways with the fighter, but somehow... Ash has whiskers like Buizel

It was a pretty good episode, but a lot like the Gliscor one, but in this one, Ash felt how Buizel felt a lot sooner then with Gliscor.. Both eps involved staring at the moon as well..
    Buizel wasn't as strong as Mr. Mime.. so it's weird why it won. *Mr. Mime froze a small waterfall with it's Ice Punch, while Buizel could only freeze half of Mr. Mime's belly..

The music on the other hand, was pretty epic throughout the episode
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

-^- You, my friend, need to write episode summaries more often. I was laughing half the time....

Buizel won by using Swift Swim again...

Ash teach the bloody thing how to use Rain Dance...now.

Rain Dance probably would give it a competitive edge, but I don't see Buizel winning with that and Swift Swim, even if they gave it Rain Dance. The writers like to make Ash's team weaker as time goes on.

Hopefully Ash will let Buizel learn Rain Dance next.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I have a feeling is going to rain a lot at the league...>_>

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Hopefully Ash will let Buizel learn Rain Dance next.
    The Pokemon doesn't actually dance.....does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    So do I. I think it's a good strategy overall, but maybe not something I'd enjoy seeing.

Ash's Buziel Should be awesome in the fight ^^

It is so cwool lol but i dont like the way it has to have swift swim to win tough battles so hopefully ice-punch will help it drasticlly

<--- Best starters <3

Kunoz <3

I'm curious what the guy was saying as Ash and Buizel were first punching the waterfall. Whatever he said, he punched it, and there was quite the reaction from Ash (and Buizel I think). This was a pretty good episode. I'd like to see episodes like this where they work on learning/prefecting the move rather than "pulling the move out of its butt."

I have to say, the animation quality has been pretty good lately (aside from the stupid Pikachu error of last week's episode).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I think rain dance would be a complete waste of a move. Yes there is swift swim, but so? That's all it would be used for, just to activate it's ability. It's not like they've shown that water attacks get a boost in the rain.

And I really can't see why the rain was cheap. Is there anything they can do so it's not cheap? Seriously with Maylene the clouds were out in the beginning of the episode. And in this one the clouds appeared before they officially battled. So what, they have to show the clouds at the end of one episode, and it rains through the whole next episode, but Ash doesn't use Buizel till the end for it not to be cheap. What would be cheap is if the clouds formed quickly while they were battling but in both cases that never happened.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

From what I seen, Abilities are just your typical deus ex machinas to turn the battle to the main character's favor. Though they don't always work.

But yeah, fun episode. Piplup being hit by Draco Meteor AGAIN. And Gible trying to eat the platform. Not to mention Team Rocket getting blasted off by nature itself before they even do their own motto. My lord, are they getting better writers for this?

I expected Mr. Mime to have used defensive moves, but it was too offensive for my taste. It's trainer must have trained it using different methods :/
    I would have liked even Protect over Double Team.

The Pokemon League's happening in the middle of Hurricane Season, kthx.

The Pokemon doesn't actually dance.....does it?
    Nope. We saw Rain Dance during the Riolu Special. They shoot a large ball of energy into the sky which forms clouds and starts the rain.

I'm curious what the guy was saying as Ash and Buizel were first punching the waterfall. Whatever he said, he punched it, and there was quite the reaction from Ash (and Buizel I think).
    This is just a guess but the Training Session might have had to do with the speed of the punch. When the man punched the waterfall he punched so fast the water didn't break. When Ash and Buizel tried they kept breaking the water until the attempt right before the break. When Buizel punched at the waterfall he didn't break the water. When he pulled back he had a bit of ice on his arm.

I think rain dance would be a complete waste of a move. Yes there is swift swim, but so? That's all it would be used for, just to activate it's ability. It's not like they've shown that water attacks get a boost in the rain.
    It could be used as a Support Move for other members of the Team. Grotle's Synthesis would heal better during the rain. If Pikachu re-learned Thunder it'd also have 100&#37; accuracy during the rain. The only real downside of all of it is that it would really screw over Monferno since it suffers a loss of power in the rain.

... but really I'd like Pikachu to learn Rain Dance over Buizel. Buizel already learned two moves in Sinnoh and Pikachu hasn't learned anything.

While it could be because I missed that specific part and was spoiled about it, I really didn't find the Piplup abuse to be funny in this episode, it just didn't seem as funny as the other times.

Perhaps they should give it a rest for the moment. Although a draco meteor that hovers and follows Piplup would be funny.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast