Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short and To The Punch (627)

Feels great still. NONE OF YOU GUYS EXPECTED Rain to appear, thus activating Swift Swim.................NOBODY! I knew my eye's weren't decieving me. Loved how I was right, loved the music, and loved the animation= Perfect Episode.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

It was great to see a tough Mr.Mime for once, it was pretty powerful. Buizel learning Ice Punch should be a very good tool for battles in the future. The Mr.Mime vs Buizel battle was absolutely amazing, the action and the animation were top notch! Overall, this was great episode.

Do the writers still think the elemental punches are special despite the physical/special split, because that's what I'm thinking when I felt a bit disappointed with Mr. Mime learning two of the three elemental punches. If it weren't for the rain, which activates Buizel's Swift Swim ability, Buizel would've been finished from that battle.

Great episode. The nicknames for Ash, Dawn & Brock were kind of cool. The Draco Meteor & Piplup Gag again was awesome. I really liked Buizel VS Mr. Mime that second time.
    10/10

First Perfect 10 of Season 13 for me!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was a good episode. Buizel learns a new move, Ice Punch, in this episode. The shortening thing so funny, even Team Rocket shortens their Blast off thing.

Nice to see Buizel finally learn a new move plus having sometime drawn on himself.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

This episode was good. I like how TR got blasted off by lightning. It was awesome that Buizel learned Ice Punch; one of my favorite ice attacks.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This was a pretty good episode. I especially liked the fact that we had an epic (manly^^) martial arts character who was acting just as I want characters in Pokemon to act, talk and behave (ok, except for his terrible eating habits...)
    We definitely need more guys like Clayton.

A few points of criticism though:
    - While watching the episode, I was racking my brains over the question how moving your arm as quickly as possible would cool it down. As another user here already said, this was physics being turned on its head (not again :disgust
    Also, I don't quite get what concentration has to do with mastering Ice Punch in particular. Without any doubt, concentration is an essential part of every successful battle, but how it would help cool down a Pokemon's paw sure is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    I'm sick and tired of people arguing that Ash should've lost to a specific trainer because they are more experienced. Isn't it possible they just suck, and no matter how much experience they have, they're still not going to be good at it at all.
    You shouldn't be "sick and tired" of those people, because they are partially right.
    It was crystal clear from the beginning on that Clayton does NOT suck, but for many years has been doing nothing else than training his fists and punches.
    So he undoubtedly is more experienced than Ash and having Ash win against him just "over night" (pun intended) pretty much reminds me of unsatisfying DEM methods.
    And by "experienced" we don't mean because he is older. On the contrary, age doesn't matter at all. Let me explain: This was a pure fist fight (Ash didn't win with ordinary combinations where he as a trainer might be good at) and you can't deny that Clayton is way more experienced in this kind of battles, meaning that he has trained it for many years (not just because he is older...)

I was also annoyed that they wasted so much valuable time with pointless drivel like the conversation during dinner and didn't show us the most important part and the actual reason for today's episode: How did Buizel manage Ice Punch in detail?

Great characters, but unfortunately much wasted time, so all in all this episode deserves
    6.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I found today's episode to have extraordinaire animation like most episodes. Buizel's ice punch, the sunset beaming over the forest where Team Rocket hid, and the visuals are just compelling to withhold. Buizel sure has a lot of flexibility when it comes dodging.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 13th June 2010 at 12:22 AM.

*stifles laugh*
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Clayton Subfists? SERIOUSLY? That's the name they gave him? When I heard that name, I burst out laughing. They couldn't have given him a more subtle name than that? Just wow. That name is so silly, I expect this guy to be in a bad movie.

Ridiculous names aside, the episode itself wasn't that bad, but When I was watching it with my sister earlier, she said that there were a ton of Naruto references here, like the waterfall scene, which she said was like when Naruto had to split a waterfall in half with his hand, or fist, or whatever it was.

By the way, Gible is still epic.

God that guy was so freaking annoying. Made it hard to watch the episode.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I didn't watched the whole show and I'm glad. As soon as Mr. Mime's trainer started calling Ash "Ash-Bui" I wanted to punch someone. But I did like it that Buizel. I'll agree with one person we do need more trainers like Clayton but not in the way he calls other trainers. When I heard him call Ash "Ash-Bui", it just made me go "and some people wonder why the show is going down the drain...." (I personally think the show has gone downhill but the games are the different story).

That master was one of the most annoying characters ever put in the anime, bar that the battles were good and team rocket were pretty funny as usual

Smashing through the boundaries
    Lunacy has found me

Black FC- 2408 4376 9444

Just got to watch the episode this morning, and it was alright.

Clayton was pretty insane, giving weird ending names to Ash and the gang. :P But his Mr. Mime was pretty beast, especially during the first battle.

Buizel learning Ice Punch, and knowing it's Swift Swim ability was pretty sweet. But like someone said before, if it weren't for the Rain, Buizel would've been in deep trouble.

Plus, if Ash were to give Buizel to Clayton to train, Ash would have been more stupider, especially releasing Gliscor not too long ago.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

ok now that I've had time to fire my DVR and watch.. i thoguht it was a goodepisode.. I love rain so it was nice that the storm moved in to help buizel win. I liked the training with the leaf. Buizel did a good job.

poor piplup lol

Clayton was an interesting charachter,.but the short names got my all cross eyed lol

did anyone else notice cartoon network accidently played the clone wars end credits instead of pokemon ?( on Sat not sure for Sun) I LOL'ed at that.

great episode 10/10

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

This was a pretty good episode. Buizel learned a new move, Ash didn't give Buizel away for training, Team Rocket was blasted off before they could ruin the episode, and an ability was utilized.

Clayton was an interesting trainer. He showed that speaking in full sentences is for the weak. "Ash-Bui" "Bro-bre" "Ash-Pi". I'm always glad when the character of the day has some personality.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert_trainer View Post
    This was a pretty good episode. Buizel learned a new move, Ash didn't give Buizel away for training, Team Rocket was blasted off before they could ruin the episode, and an ability was utilized.

Clayton was an interesting trainer. He showed that speaking in full sentences is for the weak. "Ash-Bui" "Bro-bre" "Ash-Pi". I'm always glad when the character of the day has some personality.

You said it Swa-Tra!!

fun episode. I also laughed at gible just sat there underwater.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Haha, I liked Clayton - AshBui, BroBree (lol), DawnPip.
    Slightly different, but why should we have repeating, boring episodes? I thought this one was great! It did seem like a filler, but I guess it wasn't because Buizel learned a new move. Slightly strange way of getting there, but it worked.

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

Interesting episode. I wouldn't call it a filler episode because this episode wasn't a waste. Buizel mastered Ice Punch, and we discovered its ability to be Swift Swim. Also, the Mr. Mime trainer is a funny and interesting character. His "AshBui" "BroBree" and "DawnPip" were awesome LOL. Finally an episode that's not repetitive or boring
    Last edited by poizonsting; 14th June 2010 at 6:13 PM.
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    ok now that I've had time to fire my DVR and watch.. i thoguht it was a goodepisode.. I love rain so it was nice that the storm moved in to help buizel win. I liked the training with the leaf. Buizel did a good job.

poor piplup lol

Clayton was an interesting charachter,.but the short names got my all cross eyed lol

did anyone else notice cartoon network accidently played the clone wars end credits instead of pokemon ?( on Sat not sure for Sun) I LOL'ed at that.

great episode 10/10
    I noticed it and thought it was weird yet funny at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by poizonsting View Post
    Interesting episode. I wouldn't call it a filler episode because this episode wasn't a waste. Buizel mastered Ice Punch, and we discovered its ability to be Swift Swim. Also, the Mr. Mime trainer is a funny and interesting character. His "AshBui" "BroBree" and "DawnPip" were awesome LOL. Finally an episode that's not repetitive or boring
    I guess someone didn't watch the third gym battle.

Random : PokéRadar

The episode was cool, and Buizel vs. mr Mime was pretty cool. However, my favorite part was Gible at the start.
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

Quote Originally Posted by poizonsting View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    I guess someone didn't watch the third gym battle.
    Yes true, Buizel used Swift Swim when the roof blowed up in battle against Maylene and Lucario
    Platinum Friend Code:
    Chris
    0216 3122 2392

I liked this episode except for Clayton and the stupid names. When he decided to call them Ashbui, Brobree, and DawnPip, I was like WTF?!?! It was nice to see Buizel learn a new move.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I like how Clayton nicknamed Ash and co. and how Buizel successfully learnt a new move in just one ep, the battle between Buizel and Mr.Mime was alright, so overall the ep was a nice one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast