Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MizuJosh's Sprite :D

Quote Originally Posted by MizuJosh View Post
    Hmm. See, for the pixel-overs, I was using the palettes of the in-game sprites.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but they don't seem enough. So you'd have to make your own palette for large pixel overs.

I guess, but I prefer not to deviate much. :/ I think they look fine, and it's my work, so I'm not going to change it.

I guess, but I prefer not to deviate much. :/ I think they look fine, and it's my work, so I'm not going to change it.
    I know how you feel. I feel the same way about some of my sprites, but I know i need to fix some of them.

I really appreciate this shading on Kingdra and Espeaon's head too~
    You do really good work, especially on your oc i assume (:
    I hope you continue to do more and share your work with us.
    I have mad respect for anyone who can do pixel art~

Quote Originally Posted by Louseal View Post
    I really appreciate this shading on Kingdra and Espeaon's head too~
    You do really good work, especially on your oc i assume (:
    I hope you continue to do more and share your work with us.
    I have mad respect for anyone who can do pixel art~
    Thanks, I try. Only thing is, I just got a new laptop, and since it's a Windows 7, the paint program is different (updated), so I don't like it. And I don't have a normal mouse, which makes it a pain.

EDIT: Currently working on a full-body of my OC. I have it laid out, I just need to color and shade.
    Last edited by MizuJosh; 15th February 2010 at 7:16 PM.

Thanks, I try. Only thing is, I just got a new laptop, and since it's a Windows 7, the paint program is different (updated), so I don't like it. And I don't have a normal mouse, which makes it a pain.

EDIT: Currently working on a full-body of my OC. I have it laid out, I just need to color and shade.
    I don't want to even know what the new Paint looks like. I'm much happier running XP and using that Paint XD And I've got a new mouse as well cos it's too annoying using a laptop mouse to sprite. Can't wait to see the full body.

It's a PAIN. I'll show you a sneak preview though.

Pixel-over + Splice. lol

That actually looks pretty good. It all fits together.

Why thanks. Too bad I'm probably going to scrap it now. I like my new design (as in my sig) much better.

D: I'm not sure one I like the most. I like the Gold/Aaron one though cos the arm lines up so perfectly with Aaron's hand.

Haha yeah, I lucked out with their official arts there. I may still finish it, we'll see.

It'll be nice to see, actually. Even if you don't use it. It'll be pretty cool to see

The trainers are really good

[White]
    [1077-0091-4959]
    [Diamond] [Platinum] [Soul Silver]
    [0131-7223-0218] [1764-0509-7287] [3610-3221-6295]
    [White 2]
    [????-????-????]

Spoiler:- :Shinies:

Impressive work.

Sorry for the double post... Site told me to wait 15 seconds to post my comment. So I waited and hit it... Double post, what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Serris View Post
    Hmm. See, for the pixel-overs, I was using the palettes of the in-game sprites.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but they don't seem enough. So you'd have to make your own palette for large pixel overs.
    For mine, I use a little of both. What I do, to give them a realistic, sort of "cinematic" look to them (It's a little hard to describe without showing you some and I don't want to put my pictures into someone else's thread) is to take the colors directly from the image I'm pixeling-over (Not sure what the present-tense of pixel-over is XD) and compare it to the sprite to get it as close as possible to the basic color. However, this shade, when layered with highlights and darker shades, will look much less cartoony than the colors of the actual sprites, since it was taken from the artwork itself. Also, more shades indeed makes them look more natural, so if you would rather use the sprite's colors, you would need to create some. As a rule, for a pixel-over as large as your Kingdra is, you'll want to have at least two more shades than the sprite has. The smaller your pixel-over or sprite, the less shades it will need to have to appear natural, since there's less space. But the more shades you have with anything of any size will appear more realistic. It just takes more shades the larger your sprite is.

Now for a few comments! I like the trainers. If they were made from scratch, then good for you, because I can't even draw believable-looking humans. :P

The banner (or whatever it is) looks like it would be really good! Don't scrap it! At least finish it, even if you won't use it. I'd like to see the finished product.

Keep up the good work and make more pixel-overs! They're hands-down, my favorite of all the spriting arts and I love seeing other people do them. Yours are very nice. Great job.

kingdra's belly lines look a bit thick to me, the lines on the yellow part and the outline itself overlaps each other.

Shows I have watched, will update more later.
    LAST UPDATE 1/11/14
    Do not steal.
    ©ReaperNeku 2014

Hah, thanks for the comments, guys. :3

I'll try and get more up soon, I've been busy with school (Yaaaay AP Classes... :O)

I actually made something spur-of-the-moment on my brother's computer for him, so I'll edit this post or something with it later.

Just something quick.

Since I'm now bald, I made a new bald OC. Simple edit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12