Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Persona ~ Shadows of the Soul (Sign-ups)

Default Persona ~ Shadows of the Soul (Sign-ups)

Time never waits.
    It delivers all equally to the same end.

You, who wish to safeguard the future,
    however limited it may be...

You will be given one year;

go forth without falter,
    with your heart as your guide...

- Persona ~ Shadows of the Soul -

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

1 Unread Message:

------------------------

Number: Unavailable

Subject: RE: [#0]

GooD morNinG . .

TodAy's evEnTS are AS FoLLOWs. :;

at 7:15 Am: Highland Academy Boarding School oPENS Its Doors To StarT tHe neW Year.

at 11:00 aM: FirsT lunch wiLl be serVed. Today's Menu includes ricE, ChiCken, and chocOlatE puDDing.

at 2:45 pm: Highland Acadamy's FirsT day will end with the sounding of the FinAL BELL.

at 9:12 PM: A blackOUt wILL hit the ENtirE dowNTown ARea.

at 11:39 pM: the blacKouT will enD. TwO fATALities WIll be Attributed to UNKNOWN causeS. The vicTimS BodIES will be Found tWistED InsidE ouT.

haVe a Nice DAy...

Message Received: August 7, 2011. 12:00 AM.

Welcome to Highland Academy. Here you will not only engage in classes and interact will your fellow students, but you will be pulled into a mystery that will be as intricate and deep as it is deadly. And the key to solving this mystery and surviving this next year will be awakening to the power that you already posses: Persona.

Please be warned however, that you embark on this journey of your own free will, and you and you alone will be responsible for the choices that you make. The road may not be an easy one to travel, but it is the only way to the truth.

In time you will learn to harness your power to confront the forces that gather in the darkness. A great mystery awaits you in the near future, and there will be a tragedy you must overcome. However, not all who hear the call will answer it. Only time will tell if we will meet again. For now, farewell...

- Your Role -

In Persona ~ Shadows of the Soul, you will play a transfer student (or a returning student) to Highland Academy, a boarding school located in the city of Bakersville. The night before your first day of the new year however, you receive a strange text message on your cell phone. This strange message, which claims to predict the future, is the first step into the series of strange events that are about to befall this town. In order to survive these upcoming events, each of you will have to awaken your Persona, by facing your own weaknesses and failures. Only those who have awakened their Persona can combat the Shadows that prey on humans. During the course of the RP, you will battle Shadows, solve the secrets behind the strange text message, confront a group of people who threaten to destroy the very balance of the universe, and of course attend class at Highland Acadamy.

For those of you out there who are new to the Persona series, don't worry. Everything will be explained. For those of you already familiar with Persona, you will get a brief refresher and a few new things specifically for this RP. However, due to the mystery elements of the plot, I'm afraid I can't reveal too much here at the start... I hope you understand.

I will however, cover the very basics here:

- The Basics -

Persona: A Persona is "the mask one presents to the world." Each Persona takes the form of a mythical creature, figure, deity, warrior, or spirit, and each is connected to a certain Arcana. A Persona can be summoned in several ways, but the most common way is through willpower or the use of an Evoker. Only Persona users can combat Shadows.

Shadow: A Shadow is the embodiment of repressed feelings or emotions. Shadows come in many forms, and each of them is also related to a certain Arcana. Most Shadows also wear a mask somewhere on their body that is inscribed with the number of their Arcana. Shadows prey on humans, specifically those whom share the same qualities that they were born from. Victims of a Shadow's attack usually develop "Apathy Syndrome" a condition that causes extreme lethargy or depression.

Evoker: an evoker is a device that is used to help one focus their willpower to forcefully summon a Persona. They can take many forms, anything from a weapon to a simple ornament.

Arcana: Each player will register under one of the twenty one Arcana. Each Arcana represents certain personality traits, both positive and negative.

- Arcana List -

Each player will sign-up under one of the Arcana. It is therefore strongly recommended that they choose an Arcana that will reflect their own character's personality, it can be either the same or the opposite of the traits associated with that particular Arcana, but does not have to include them all. Due to story elements, some Arcana will not be selectable.

- 0 ~ The Fool -

The Fool represents infinite possibilities. It is both nothing and everything. It is often associated with discovery, ignorance, and a desire to continue forward regardless of the risks. Persona users of the Fool Arcana often posses the "Wild Card" ability which allows them to use multiple Personae. Personae of the Fool Arcana include Orpheus, Slime, and Susano-o.

The Fool is not a selectable Arcana.

- I ~ The Magician -

The Magician represents talent. It is often an indicator of unused talent, namely for those who have yet to realize their full potential. Those of the Magician Arcana tend to be compulsive, confidant, short-tempered, thoughtful, supportive, energetic, and headstrong. Personae of the Magician Arcana include Jack Frost, Hermes, Pixie, and Rangda.

Open

- II ~ The Priestess -

The Priestess represents knowledge. It is often an indicator of an intelligent person, but usually a withdrawn one. Those of this Arcana tend to be intelligent, creative, thoughtful, full of common sense, shy, reserved, hesitant, and supportive. Personae of the Priestess Arcana include Amaterasu, Unicorn, Juno, and Sarasvati.

Open

- III ~ The Empress -

The Empress represents power. It is often an indicator of an strong-willed but uncertain lady. Those of this Arcana tend to be headstrong, motherly, strict, smart, uncertain, a "born leader", and temperamental. Personae of the Empress Arcana include Ishtar, Titania, Lakshmi, and Isis.

Open

- IV ~ The Emperor -

The Emperor represents power or control. It is often an indicator of an strong-willed but uncertain man. Those of this Arcana tend to be headstrong, athletic, determined, troubled, charismatic, uncertain, and a "born leader". Personae of the Emperor Arcana include Caesar, Odin, Barong, and Amon-Ra.

Open

- V ~ The Hierophant -

The Hierophant represents control or a position of power. It is often an indicator of a person in a position of authority or someone with a mature outlook on life. Those of this Arcana tend to be reflective, resolute, troubled, controlling, snoopy, righteous, and diligent. Personae of the Hierophant Arcana include Mithra, Omoikane, Psyche, and Take-Mikazuchi.

Open

- VI ~ The Lovers -

The Lovers represents a romantic or caring person. It is often an indicator of a person who is looking for a meaningful relationship, but not necessarily a romantic one. Those of this Arcana tend to be cheerful, impulsive, easily scared, romantic, supportive, condescending, and decisive. Personae of the Lovers Arcana include Cybele, Alice, Io, and Narcissus.

Open

- VII ~ The Chariot -

The Chariot represents a competitive and driven person. It is often an indicator of a person who is reaching for a goal or trying to overcome an external obstacle. Those of this Arcana tend to be headstrong, decisive, focused, diligent, in need of support, reckless, and steadfast. Personae of the Chariot Arcana include Eligor, Minotaur, Ares, and Thor.

Open

- VIII ~ Justice -

Justice represents a good natured yet held back person. It is often an indicator of a person who is trying to overcome an emotional or mental obstacle or struggling to make the right decisions. Those of this Arcana tend to be shy, decisive, friendly, responsible, in need of support, objective, and clever. Personae of the Justice Arcana include Angel, Archangel, Principality, and Power.

Open

- IX ~ The Hermit -

The Hermit represents a reserved person. It is often an indicator of a person who is trying to escape from their normal life or attempting to be someone the're not. Those of this Arcana tend to be calm, loners, troubled, introverts, in need of guidance, thoughtful, and easily flustered. Personae of The Hermit Arcana include Mothman, Fenrir, Naga, and Taraka.

Open

- X ~ Fortune -

Fortune represents a person dealing with some kind of major change in their life, either in the past or the future. It is often an indicator of a person who is struggling to decide what path they want to take. Those of this Arcana tend to be energetic, popular, troubled, extroverts, falsely confidant, searching, and tend to be seen as lucky. Personae of the Fortune Arcana include Chronos, Norn, Fortuna, and Clotho.

Open

- XI ~ Strength -

Strength represents a person who is trying to overcome what other think of them or struggling to reveal a side of themselves that they usually keep hidden. It is often an indicator of a person who is struggling to overcome an internal obstacle. Those of this Arcana tend to be energetic, headstrong, confidant, sincere, opinionated, worried, and impulsive. Personae of the Strength Arcana include Cerberus, Oni, Titan, and Valkyrie.

Open

- XII ~ The Hanged Man -

The Hanged Man represents a person who is struggling with a situation that is out of their control. It is often an indicator of a person who fears that they are powerless. Those of this Arcana tend to be troubled, in need of support, sincere, thoughtful, intelligent, kind, and patient. Personae of The Hanged Man Arcana include Inugami, Odysseus, Berith, and Vasuki.

Open

- XIII ~ Death -

Death represents a person who is dealing with a loss. It is often an indicator of a person who can't escape the thought of their own mortality. Those of this Arcana tend to be troubled, calm, accepting, thoughtful, obsessive, pessimistic, and patient. Personae of the Death Arcana include Mot, Loa, Samael, and Charon.

Death is not a selectable Arcana

- XIV ~ Temperance -

Temperance represents a person who is trying to find moderation in some area. It is often an indicator of a person who is trying to balance some aspects of their life, such as being too focused on a hobby. Those of this Arcana tend to be worried, eccentric, sincere, focused, detached, friendly, and hasty. Personae of the Temperance Arcana include Anubis, Genbu, Harpy, and Phoenix.

Open

- XV ~ The Devil -

The Devil Arcana represents a person who is dealing with negative traits, such as jealousy, greed, or pride. It is often an indicator of a person who is a little uncaring towards others. Those of this Arcana tend to be selfish, opinionated, apprehensive, decisive, detached, confidant, and clever. Personae of The Devil Arcana include Belial, Lilim, Surt, and Vetala.

The Devil is not a selectable Arcana.

- XVI ~ The Tower -

The Tower Arcana represents a person who is plagued by shortcomings. It is often an indicator of a person who is worried of failure. Those of this Arcana tend to be worried, in need of support, smart, clumsy, unfocused, thoughtful, and determined. Personae of The Tower Arcana include Eligor, Cu Chulainn, Loki, and Shiva.

Open

- XVII ~ The Star -

The Star Arcana represents a person who is looked up to or admired. It is often an indicator of a person who doesn't want to let themselves or another person down. Those of this Arcana tend to be thoughtful, confidant, focused, driven, energetic, optimistic, and trusting. Personae of The Star Arcana include Iris, Kaiwan, Fuu-Ki, and Suparna.

Open

- XVIII ~ The Moon -

The Moon Arcana represents a person who is looked down on. It is often an indicator of a person who is worried of what people would think of the "real" them. Those of this Arcana tend to be excessive, knowledgeable, self-indulging, putting on airs, harsh, realistic, and distant. Personae of The Moon Arcana include Gurr, Dionysus, Tsukuyomi, and Artemis.

Open

- XIX ~ The Sun -

The Sun Arcana represents a person who is upbeat and cheerful. It is often an indicator of a person who is troubled but doesn't want people to know it. Those of this Arcana tend to be cheerful, friendly, trusting, sincere, troubled, social, and diligent. Personae of The Sun Arcana include Apollo, Yatagarasu, Cu Sith, and Quetzalcoatl.

Open

- XX ~ Judgement -

The Judgement Arcana represents a hidden truth or a final destiny. It is often an indicator of a difficult choice or a hidden force. This Arcana is not usually associated with people, but qualities may include cryptic, two-faced, or a sense of finality. Personae of The Judgement Arcana include Nike, Michael, and Metatron.

Judgement is not a selectable Arcana

- XXI ~ The World -

The World Arcana represents the world, the universe, or simply a sense of completion. It is often an indicator of the final stage of a journey. This Arcana is not associated with people. Personae of The World Arcana include Izanagi-no-Okami.

The World is not a selectable Arcana

Welcome to Highland Acadamy.

Please take a moment to fill out this brief questionaire.

~ Human ~

Name: (Your character's name, first and last)

Age: (Your character's age, please make it high school range)

Arcana: (Your chosen Arcana, this should be evident in your personality section)

Appearance: (Your character's appearance, both physical appearance and clothing. At least a good paragraph on each.)

Personality: (Your character's personality. It should take your Acrana into account. At least a good three paragraphs. Your character's personality should be well rounded as well, don't just talk about what they are good at, but what they are not good at as well. This is the most important part of your sign-up.)

History: (Just a brief history. It should include why they are currently attending a boarding school. At least a good paragraph or two.)

~ Persona ~

You have a certain degree of freedom in creating your Persona. You may use an existing Persona (this site has a list of them) or you may create your own. You may even modify an existing Persona or change its Arcana to another within reason. Please try to keep your Persona in line with your chosen Arcana.

Name: (Your Persona's name, or rather what it is based on)

Appearance: (A brief description of your Persona's appearance. This is required even if you use an existing Persona. At least a good paragraph.)

Personality: (Yes, your Persona is as much a character as your human character. It is a facet or a reflection of your own personality. At least a good paragraph.)

Abilities: (What powers does your Persona posses? Be creative here, but try not to get carried away. The powers do not have to be the "cannon" abilities, even if you choose an existing Persona. Use detail.)

Evoker: (This is only required if your character will use one. Basically, its the object that your character uses or focuses on to help them focus their willpower to summon their Persona. Those who do not use an Evoker can summon their Persona using willpower alone, usually by calling the name of their Persona.)

That's all.

Each player will also have to complete a short PM session with me immediately prior to the start of the RP, this is entirely for plot reasons and explanation.

The lengths are more like guidelines than rules. Creativity is valued over anything else. I am also happy to answer any questions you may have, so don't be afraid to ask.

Alright, I look forward to seeing you in class.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

May I please reserve a spot under the lovers arcana, please? My sample is below.

Spoiler:- From Tearen the Absol's WItch Bane:

Thank you.
    Last edited by Manaphy Mare; 6th February 2010 at 7:24 AM.
    If December 21 is the end of the world, it has been an honor RPing with y'all!

Argh, the server won't let me edit the first page... and I forgot to post the rules... (maybe no one will notice...)

Well, I'm going to go ahead and put the rules here than for anyone who cares to read them.

- Rules -

1. follow the serebii forums rules and the RPG forum rules.
    2. please refrain from signing-up unless you plan on keeping up. I'm not asking that you post everyday, but don't just disappear after a few posts.
    3.No god-modding. Especially since this is a mystery RP.
    4. No bunnying without the permission of the other player.
    5. Reservations will be held for one week. This is simply because I've had people in the past reserve a spot and then never post back. This way if someone changes their mind I can open the spot back up for another player.
    6. Enjoy the ride, with all of its many plot twists.

------------------------------------------------------

@Manaphy Mare: You have a reservation. Your spot will be held for one week, after which time it will be up for grabs again unless you post for an extension. I'm only putting a limit on reservations because I've had people reserve and then never post back...

I guess I'll have to keep track of the reservations in this post as well.

Note: Reservations marked with an asterisk (*) are available to the first person who posts a complete sign-up.

- Reservations -

- XI ~ Strength - Nike (.:Lemon Tea:.)
    - XIX ~ The Sun - (Copygoo)*
    - XVII ~ The Star - (Junpei Iori)*

- Pending -

- Accepted -

- I ~ The Magician - Katherine (Kat) Dyson& Nyx [Pixie] (Skillfulness)
    - II ~ The Priestess - Zuri Watkinson & Scathach (Kiruria)
    - IV ~ The Emperor - Alexander Kingston & Agni (Hito-shura)
    - VI ~ The Lovers - Hurley O’Keefe & Titania (Manaphy Mare)
    - VII ~ The Chariot - Dyne Haruss & Atlas (muxiroger)
    - VIII ~ Justice - Warren Radway & Power (greywolf123)
    - IX ~ The Hermit - Albert Storm & Byakko (Torlen)
    - X ~ Fortune - Yuki Kin & Cu Chulainn (InnerFlame)
    - XII ~ The Hanged Man - Evan Couer & Onibi (Gallade X)
    - XIV ~ Temperance - Geoff Tinnay & Odysseus (Zincspider)
    - XVI ~ The Tower - Polaris Starr & Roland (Ysavvryl)
    - XVIII ~ The Moon - Celeste Raz & Seth (Aura Wolfe)
    Last edited by TheSequelReturns; 8th March 2010 at 4:05 AM.

Reserving Strength~ Reminds me a bit of NPC's Persona RPG. ;3

His Persona will be Nike, so may I reserve that as well?

Spoiler:- RPG Sample:
    Last edited by .:Lemon Tea:.; 6th February 2010 at 9:07 AM.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2i7tjl5.png[/IMG]
    Banner credit goes to Azure Wolf =3

"Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. "-Rainer Maria Rilke

:::My deviantart:::

So, just wondering, how much do you need to know about the mainline games to get this? I've played others, but not hte persona's themselves.

Well, I need to do something here sometime. Not now though!

Wow, I completely overlook these games everytime I hit Gamestop, but dude you make this sound badass. I'm in, but you'll have to help me out if I do something that is outside the game's norm.

Name: Dyne Haruss

Arcana: The Chariot

Appearance: Dyne stands a little under 5'10" and he weighs approximately 215 pounds. He has a very thick frame with a well built physique. His arms are a little short for his size running about halfway down his thigh if he's standing. His left ring finger knuckle has a star shaped scar, and he's missing a small chunk of his right pointer. Other small unnoticeable scars plague his arms and legs. He has dirty blond hair that he keeps trimmed to 1/16 of an inch. He is also most notible for his crystal blue eyes, that can be either calming or ominous depending on the situation and how he decides to stare at you. Finally, he has a goatee which he connects to his mustache that he keeps long enough that is appears bushy and thick.

He usually can be seen outside of school in a black tee with a blue jacket lined with orange trim. On the back of said jacket reads Luctor et Emergo (I struggle and emerge.) He usually wears dark blue jeans and black hiking boots.

Personality: Competition is Dyne's real concern in the world. If he can find a way to turn something into a a challenge or event then he will excel at it. His main downfall is the same thing that makes him strong. He always rushes into a fight without thinking, and it has occasionally led to his downfall. Dyne is a smart strategist, not brilliant, but smart enough to get himself out of trouble. When he isn't fighting or attending classes, he prefers the solitude of small outings. He is never seen with more than five or six people, including himself. When he does get into fights, and he probably will, he can be seen with the type of grin a child would have after receiving a new gift at Christmas.

When Dyne is spending time with his friends and family he is the quiet one, that is, until someone says something to spark his temper. Dyne's short fuse can be a bit problematic at times; it has suspended him some several different schools, and it has cost him two jobs. Normally, he will give the person who enrages him a simple warning. He will glare at them with his crystal blue eyes in a way that serial killers stare at their victims. This stare alone is usually enough to cease the conflict.

In school, Dyne is an exceptionally hard worker, he tries hard to get decent grades so that he could be considered for a decent college upon graduation. His teachers love him for this, and they often are quick to correct him when he does make mistakes, which happens on a frequent basis. He does not have brilliant common sense, but he does have an amazing capacity for sponging information.

History: Dyne was born in a town called Cartersville to a family deep in poverty. When he turned twelve Dyne's parents moved to Bakersville seeking a ghost job that they had heard about. Dyne began working odd jobs such as mowing lawns and moving furniture just to have money to eat with. Since he reached puberty, Dyne has been getting into fights left and right, and as such being shipped from school to school before he was sent to his last hope, Highland Academy.

~ Persona ~

Name: Atlas

Appearance: Atlas is a monstrous Persona, towering above all the rest in physical size. It is black with lines of burning red and orange all over its body. It is seen and orange armor that covers its chest and waist. On that armor bears the symbol of the planet, and it has a gold band wrapping around his shoulder. His face is red with burning orange eyes. It is seen with a slight snaggle tooth on the right side of his black lips. It has six arms and appears to be made of rock and earth. Atlas is bald except for a pony-tail of braided hair that shines like fire.

Personality: Atlas loves fights more than his counterpart. He is always begging and pleading for a shot to rip someone's head off. When in battle, he holds nothing back, for his honor as a warrior, and he backs off as soon as he knows he's won. His temper is legendary, and if he is enraged he will lose control and go on a rampage. He usually tries to keep himself reserved, but it would take an army to calm him down once he has lost his cool.

Abilities: Atlas has tremendous physical strength, to the point where he can rip trees out of the ground. His bones are made of solid steel which allows him to spring chains from his arms to ensnare his enemy. Once in this binding, he usually swings them into objects or chains boulders and other heavy objects onto the enemy to slow them down. His tremendous leg strength allows him to jump extremely high, which he will use in connection with many aerial attacks. He has the ability to ignite body parts. He often will use this one his six fists and go in for close combat. He also will use this in connection with his jumping power and turn his body into a make-shift meteor.

He is, however, rather slow due to his body being made of mostly rock and steel. He has an average intelligence and thought for battle. His experience in-battle is his greatest asset, as he can often judge his opponent's strengths and weaknesses rather quickly. He is both a rock and fire elemental, which is evident with his rock hard body and ability to burst into flames.

He extraordinary senses and as such he does not flinch very often, or back away in any sort. He can sense an opponents power and tell if he's in over his head; however, this rarely stops him even if he does know he's way over his head.

Evoker: none
    Last edited by muxiroger; 8th February 2010 at 2:53 AM.

Looking it over, I'd like a reserve for the Magician Arcana; Pixie Persona please and thank you. Should be fun!

Spoiler:- RPG Sample: This should look familiar ;) :

Just to clarify, my persona will be Titania.
    If December 21 is the end of the world, it has been an honor RPing with y'all!

May I reserve as The Sun?

Wow, it does my heart good to see so many responses in such a short amount of time

Ahem, anyway onward to the responses.

@.:Lemon Tea:.: Sure, reserved for one week.

@greywolf123: you mean you've played some of the Shin Megami Tensei games? if so you should have more than enough background to easily pick up the RP. Even if you don't have any prior knowledge, I will explain things as best I can so as long as you're interested it shouldn't be too difficult to grasp.

@muxiroger: (yep, the Persona games are indeed awesome) You seem to have a good concept going, but it needs more work. Specifically in the detail. Just try to flesh out each area as much as you can, especially the personality section, its the most important part of your sign up for completely legitimate plot based reasons so it really helps to have it as detailed as possible.

One more thing, the abilities section of your Persona doesn't need to be a list. In fact, I encourage you to not use a list if at all possible. Battles will take place in real time in this RP, and your Persona will be fully present by your side for most of them, so it will fight much as any other thing flesh-and-blood thing would (even if the're not actually flesh and blood.) Rather, simply give me some details about its strengths and weaknesses. Is it physically strong? Does it have any elemental power? can it utilize some kind of technique? Is it really fast or slow and tough? Those kinds of things.

For now: Pending.

@Skillfulness: Reserved for one week. (and yes, I recognize that sample )

@Manaphy Mare: Gottcha.

@Copygoo: Reserved for one week.

I'll update the list from my second post with the new reserves and stuff.

May I reserve the Hanged Man?
    Sign-up will be here by tomorrow morning.

May I reserve temperance?
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

May I reserve the Moon and Seth (demon) as my Persona please?

Spoiler:- Example:
    Last edited by Aura Wolfe; 7th February 2010 at 5:23 AM.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2hfjqtu.png[/IMG]

I have updated my application in the personality and abilities section. If anything else needs updated I will hit it tomorrow.

I'm not too familiar with Persona, but this RPG sounds interesting anyway. (I am familiar with the tarot, which the Arcana obviously come from.) I would like to reserve a spot for the Hermit--I think I have a good character in mind for it. This also gives me time to ask a few questions, which will influence my decision on which Persona to pick:

1. Can a character have an opposite-gender Persona?
    2. If I create my own Persona, does it have to be based off an existing deity/legend (as all the existing ones are)?
    3. Does the Persona have to have a similar personality/characteristics similar to the character?

I've been looking at the existing Hermit Personae, and some seem rather interesting. Of course, I still might create my own, depending on the answer to question 2. But if the answer to question 1 is yes, I might pick Nebiros or Ippon-Datara (more likely Nebiros if the answer to question 3 is yes).

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Well I know for sure I can help you with the last one. The Persona must have a personality that follows the Arcana, it doesn't have to directly mirror the human, but as long as it follows the Arcana I think you're good.

As for basing it off of a deity, I don't think he'll force you to do that. I just based mine of Atlas, because he's the ****. I don't think gender matters either.

@GalladeX: Reserved for one week.

@Zincspider: Also reserved for one week.

@Aura Wolfe: Reserved as well.

@Kiruria: Reserved as well.

Alright, to answer your questions:

1. Yes they can.

2. Yes, it will. That is too much of a set in stone element of the game for me to change. There should be plenty to choose from though, if you need help wikipedia is a great source of inspiration. I'll also accept things such as cryptids (Mothman is a persona after all). You can also modify an existing Persona's Arcana and/or appearance to better fit your tastes as this has actually been done in cannon from one game to the next (Cerberus or Hermes are examples of this).

3. Not exactly. Muxiroger was pretty accurate, the Persona's personality is going to reflect the Arcana more than your character in all likelihood, but it should at least have some similarity to your character.

@Muxiroger: You're pushing the limits, but everything seems detailed enough. I'd like to see more detail, mostly to get a better grip or your writing skills, but its more of a personal preference than a requirement at this point.

Only one issue (I'm not sure how I missed this earlier...) but in Atlas's personality it says that he was awakened before. The awakening of each character's Persona will happen in the early stages of the game so your character's Persona will not have been awakened prior to the start of the RP.

Just edit that small detail and I think you'll be good to go.

Mk. Here's my signup.

Name: Evan Couer

Arcana: The Hanged Man.

Appearance: Evan has shaggy pale blonde hair with a red streak on the left side that slightly covers his eyes. He has a regular sized nose and ears. He is very pale, but not in a sickening way. He has dark rings under his eyes due to his sleeping problem. He is relatively thin, and slightly muscled. He has pale green eyes and long eyelashes. He has a habit of forgetting to trim his fingernails, and thus they are a little longer than they are supposed to. He has a normal complexion with few pimples and zits.

His normal attire is that of an average punk-y goth-y person. He wears spiked wristbands on, obviously, his wrists. He normally wears jeans and and a signature pair of scuffed hiking boots. He then wears a solid colour shirt, usually a shade of blue, red, or black. Over this he wears a multitude of hoodies. Some items in his hoodie collection are: a solid colour red, navy blue, crimson, and black. There are two checkerboards, one red/black, the other navy/black. He also has one black hoodie that looks like the back was ripped up, but wasn't, and finally there is his favorite: a black/olive checkerboard hoodie with the zipper handle-thing as a skull. For formal wear, he normally wears a black button up shirt with black jeans. He can often be seen with his iPod in his hand, listening to his multitude of songs. He walks with a slight limp, due to the accident (see History).
    Quickly after, since it's hard for him to summon his Persona without it, he gets a tatoo as his Evoker. It is on his left wrist, on the top. It is a crimson stickman with a black "string" extending around the other side of his wrist and curves, meeting just under the vein.

Personality: As the Hanged Man fears something that is out of his/her own control, Evan fears something, actually two things : his loneliness. And death. Ever since his best friend died (see History) he has become a lonely, mortophobic. He feels that nobody likes him, ever since people started thinking he killed his best friend, which he didn't (see History again).

His friend's death also gave him mortophobia, the fear of death. This gives him continous nightmares, which he has basically learned to live with. These nightmares he gets, at the most, three and a half hours of sleep each night. They are horrific nightmares, ranging from him getting stabbed hundreds of times, to getting run over, or being shot until he wakes up screaming. He went to many therapists, but none of have been able to help very much.

He has a somewhat grouchy attitude, but is mainly quiet and reserved. He can be somewhat cold at times. He barely talks to anybody, and doesn't tend to trust people. His quiet and gothic-atire makes him a target for bullies. His irritable attitude due to his near-insomnia makes this a bad idea. He is relatively strong, and could easily hurt someone if he wanted to. His cold and lonely attitude makes people stay away from him, something that is a vicious cycle. People thought he was a killer, ignored him, he became sad and lonely, this kept people away, he still is sad and lonely, and they still keep away.

History: Evan met his best friend Kalin at the age of 7. The two boys were inseperable. They would hang out together for hours on end. The two were always in the same class. Evan was happy, and nothing could make him sad. Except the following. Evan and Kalin were walking home from school, at age 13, when the unthinkable happened. A car spun out of control, and was heading straight for him. Evan tried to shove Kalin out of the way, but slipped. The car's side hit him and broke his leg. Kalin was hit directly and was killed instantly.

To add more to his horrible, lonely, grieving years, kids began to spread rumours. They said Evan pushed Kalin towards the car. Of course he didn't, but none of the kids would listen. Evan became a shunned "murderer" to all the kids. At age 16, he couldn't handle the loneliness anymore. He was heading downtown to commit suicide, but suddenly saw a flyer on the ground. Picking it up, he noticed an add for Highland Academy. Thinking nobody would know him there , he told his parents to send him there. Finally seeing him excited about something, they sent him off. But none of the kids would hang out with him. Most of them weren't mean, they just...didn't. He overheard people saying he was ugly, and that he didn't put out a good "vibe". Now he has sunk back into his lonely, tedious life. But at least it won't be boring for long...

~ Persona ~

Name: Onibi (Japanese name for a Will-O-The-Wisp

Appearance: Onibi is very strange looking. He looks similar to a regular Will-O-The-Wisp, except that it he in a humanoid shape. He ranges in colour, and this appears to give him "clothes". His "feet" are a dark blue, with his "legs" covered in a lighter tone for his "pants". He appears to be wearing a sweater, as his "arms and torso" are a pale red, up to his wrest and neck. The rest of his body-it's "skin"- is a pale-green yellow. It appears to have scruffy hair, which is in a darker green tone than the skin. His face has no nose. His mouth is a narrow slit of electric blue, and his eyes are circles of the same colour.

Personality: Since Onibi cannot talk, and only maintains that hazy telepathic link with his owner to basically link simple phrases like "look out" or "out of the way" to the other's mind, Onibi's exact personality is not known. But, based on his body language, he seems to be somewhat witty, but lonely too. Onibi is somewhat protective of Evan. He seems to have a lonely, but carefree, attitude.

Abilities: Onibi, being just hazy energy, cannot wield a weapon. However, this is to it's advantage. Being this energy, most full-on-punches/kicks and straight on hits with a weapon (eg. hammer/sword) will barely affect him, and he will just reform himself. He is able to also contortion himself, such as being able to go under closed doors. This makes him a good spy. He can force himself into the shape of a weapon, such as a hammer, and move himself around to hurt the opponent. He can form himself as a shield, but the larger he makes himself, the weaker he becomes. Think Silly Putty, the farther you stretch it, the higher the chance for it to break. He can move pretty fast also, due to him waying barely anything and being spiritual energy.

Evoker: Evan's Evoker is the Hanged Man tatoo mentioned in the appearance.

Done!

And, why did I pick the Will-O-The-Wisp? Apparently, some people think they are lost souls, meaning they "have something out of their control". Very Hanged Man-Ey, I think.
    Last edited by GalladeX; 8th February 2010 at 1:45 AM.

Here's my character! After some thought, I decided to change her Arcana to the Priestess, as it sounded more fitting for her.

Name: Zuri Watkinson
    Arcana: Priestess
    Appearance: Zuri stands about 5 and a half feet tall and has very pale skin. If that's not enough to make her look rather unusual, her hair is a silvery white, and is straight and flows halfway down her back. Technically she's a blonde, but you can only see a hint of blond colour at the roots, and only if Zuri happens to be upside-down. There are slight hints of bangs on the sides, and usually those would blow back in a gust of wind to reveal earrings that look like inch-long amethyst spikes. Occasionally a passerby has commented about how these earrings complement her eyes, which are such a pale and glassy shade of blue that they could sometimes look clear. With such features, one might think she's an albino or something, though that is debatable.

Because Zuri spends much time just sitting around, she definitely cannot be described as muscular, and maybe not even physically fit. But she also cannot be called overweight--it's a little more likely that she would be the opposite of that. Her complexion is rather thin, but one could not exactly call her bony or that nasty word "scrawny". It's no wonder come classmates teased her by calling her a "ghost" in earlier grades. They probably still would, were it not for the fact that Zuri can easily turn a light pink upon feeling any strong emotion.

Zuri has a somewhat picky fashion sense. She'll never wear anything that's yellow, brown, orange, or red (though dark red is okay), and she'll never wear shorts, tight jeans, or shoes with heels taller than two inches. Usually she considers comfort a priority in clothes. Nor does she ever style her hair differently. However, she almost always wears some sort of jewelry. What Zuri always wears (or carries, rather) is a bag--one made of a misty purple cloth and worn over her shoulder. The bag is big enough to hold a couple of textbooks.

As for Zuri's current and possibly favourite outfit, that would be a soft white shirt with a little rose on the chest, and over that would be a light blue sweater with the sleeves rolled back. This sweater fits rather snugly around her waist and ends just below her hips. Below that would be a skirt--one that is a royal blue with purple ruffles at the top, and decorated with a beaded belt around the hips. Below that, her legs would be coated with light gray stockings that go up to about the knee, and sandals that are white at the top and have a flower shape near the toe, and black on the bottom. And around her neck would be a charm similar to her earrings except with a blue oval on top. That same oval is on a ring on her right hand.

Personality: People know Zuri as the ghost, who just kind of drifts about the world. She glances at people once in a while, but feels just too distant to them to want to form close relationships. Indeed, Zuri is not the most social person in the world. She looks at people and merely acknowledges their presence, not really seeming interested in them otherwise. But this is not because she hates everybody, really. Moreso it's because she enjoys spending her time alone too much. Often times she can be found sitting in a quiet corner and reading a book, curled up and gazing down and paying only slight attention to the outside world.

Books really are Zuri's life--they are her most satisfying form of enjoyment, the one activity she can devote her focus and interest to. Zuri seems to like quiet, serene settings anyway--she hates noisy places and crowded gatherings. And once she finds a place or activity she enjoys, she tends to stay there for hours if at all possible--she can easily spend a whole day reading outside even after the weather turns cold. Even when she's not reading, she enjoys daydreaming, whether during lagging hours in class or in the thirty or so minutes before falling asleep in bed or just after waking up.

Zuri likes to keep her mind in a hazy awareness, not exactly super focused, but not completely absent-minded--just a little in the clouds, with little or no worries to trouble their way through. This is almost the exact state she keeps her mind in while meditating, which she does quite often--though most people who see her while doing so think she's just dozing off. She truly has a spiritual nature, and one of the most frequent affirmations she makes to herself is, "I let my soul rest with fate". She likes to think about the morality behind a situation before making a decision--she rarely acts in a callow or rash manner. But she keeps an open mind, well aware of the presence of several dimensions in the world. Perhaps this is why often turns to divination for giving hints to the future, and since the Personae are based off of tarot cards, this seems appropriate.

In fact, Zuri is very drawn toward paranormal occurrences in the world, and holds a strong belief in magic. Some people have thought she was some sort of witch or mystic, and she considers that to be true, leaving many in mystery. Some religious people claim Zuri to have been "possessed" by the ghosts of her parents, which makes sense since they practiced witchcraft. Zuri is drawn to the practices of her parents not only because of the deep spirituality underlying them, but of the intertwining with magic. It is true that the books Zuri most often reads are either books of shadows found in her parents' house, or fantasy novels. Truly, she enjoys learning about ancient legends and traditions, and maybe even wishes she could live in an ancient time.

But when Zuri's not in her room or her parents' house, or spending time reading, she leads a pretty depressing life. She would occasionally say that she "must have accidentally stepped on and crushed a mirror while walking down the street" at some point, because she would definitely not be considered lucky. Nor can she be considered charismatic or romantic. Never in the history of her life has she had any crushes on any boys. (Though it can be said that she holds sex in high reverence rather than finding it immoral or disgusting.) And even though she rarely hurts other people, she hurts herself pretty frequently, especially on a typical school day. This means that she doesn't eat much, frequently spends time outside when it's cold and raining, or otherwise just lets a bunch of sad thoughts fill her mind. Maybe the unconscious cause of all this was some form of intense loneliness... Though Zuri tends not to show this much, she sometimes does do so at random times. Yet in contrast to this, quite surprisingly, Zuri never has nightmares... maybe some dreams are nightmares to other people but not to her. Things many people are scared of, such as spiders or ghosts or even death, don't really scare Zuri.

Okay, now for the favourites. Zuri's favourite colour is purple, her favourite time of day is nighttime or a cloudy day, and cats and ravens are her favourite animals. Her best and usually favourite subjects in school are math and science, while she despises gym class. And... that's all the favourites that are really important here. (wait--are any of them important?) Oh and one more thing: Zuri's not really a technology person; her grandmother has a computer at her house, but it hardly ever gets used. She doesn't even carry around a cell phone, nor any other electronic device.

Technology is probably Zuri's most well-known weakness, and any computer operation more advanced than word processing confuses her. Also she has a hard time keeping up with trends, and even what's happening in the world. Though she claims to know a lot about the world, she is remarkably naive as far as current news and urban knowledge goes. This further contributes to people viewing her as a ghost. for she gives off this air of being from a different time.

History: Zuri lived her early life in Honeybrook, a quieter town not too far away from Bakersville. Her parents, as mentioned before, were practitioners of witchcraft, but were very friendly people. The only sort of problem they had was that they had too little time on their hands--whether they were working or running conferences with members of a coven based in a faraway town, they were busy. That or they were locked up in their own private section of their house, when Zuri always wondered what they were doing. Once or twice Zuri got to participate in a ritual her parents held, but she didn't really understand what the ritual was about back then. Still, she enjoyed their company in a way she couldn't even fathom then.

One time when Zuri's parents were going to be away for a long while, they went over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house to drop Zuri off. This happened a few times, actually. Zuri's grandmother was a very kind and generous old lady, but she didn't approve of Zuri's parents that much, being a devout Christian. Naturally, she believed they were devil worshippers, and also that they were trying to plague Zuri with sin. Thus every time Zuri was over at her house, she would purify her spirit, usually involving prayer sessions with lots of candles, and reading her stories from the Bible. But even so, Zuri always had a very warm feeling around her, not to mention Grandma had no real-world obligations and thus could devote all her time to Zuri.

After one particular week's stay at Grandma's house, Zuri's parents didn't arrive to pick her up when they said they would. Naturally, Grandma's reaction was, "Well that means you can stay for another week!" But after a while Zuri began to get worried--where in the world were her parents? After much convincing, Grandma walked Zuri home. Zuri was happy to be back in her parents' house, for some mysterious reason. But then she noticed that her parents' private section of the house was no longer locked. She discovered the special seance room her parents spent much time in. And she found her parents lying underneath a blanket in the middle of the room, but they were unmoving, and cold to the touch. Not fully understanding the concept of death, Zuri began to feel frightened and confused. And naturally, Grandma's reaction was, "Good heavens, the Devil has betrayed these unfortunate souls!"

From then on Zuri lived with her grandmother. Grandma was a little saddened, but was overall glad that Zuri's parents had died. Zuri spent the rest of her childhood living a more normal life by most people's standards, though deep inside she was disturbed by the suddenness and mystery of her parents' death. How did they die, and why? This remained a mystery, until when she was about twelve. That night, her parents spoke to her in a dream. Waking up in the middle of the night, Zuri snuck out of Grandma's house, went back through the woods and over the river, and entered her parents' house, which was now abandoned. It was then that Zuri saw her parents, drifting about as ghosts. They never spoke to her, but they kept smiling, a passionate and loving smile.

And then Zuri discovered her parents' little library, which contained all their spellbooks and journals and books of shadows and legends and lore. From then on, the mystery of her parents' beliefs and practices, not to mention their cause of death, was her motivation in life, what drove her to do the things she did and drift along the path of mysteries. From then on, Zuri made frequent trips to her parents' house, and even took a couple of books and other items back to her room at Grandma's house to admire further. She even began re-enacting the rituals and spells (which didn't have any obvious, spectacular effect) her parents used to perform, and became fascinated by the material in the books. Slowly but surely, the mystery was being revealed to her.

However, in due time, Zuri's grandmother found out about this. To her, it seemed as if Zuri's parents had possessed her, making her succumb to their evil ways. She feared they would eventually "feed her to the devil". Loving Zuri very much and not wanting her to suffer this terrible fate, Grandma resumed her attempts to purify Zuri, to make her recognise God and the love and goodness he brings. She never meant to punish her, rather to "save" her. Still, Zuri likened it a bit to punishment, especially during her early teenage years when she was attending a junior high school in town. Of course, back then, she was still kind of immature, and didn't fully understand her parents' beliefs yet. She even did things like try to put curses on people back then. And she began to develop a hatred of her grandmother, and spent most of her time outside or at school--or at her parents' house.

This didn't last long, for when Zuri developed such negative feelings, after just a few months, she found that she could no longer enter her parents' house for some reason. Eventually, when she was almost sixteen, in her frustration she tried to run away for a few days. But of course, the police found her and brought her back home. Moreover, her grandmother was not happy--in fact, she was frightened. "Please, for the sake of your safety and well-being, let me save your soul," she remarked. In response to this, Zuri just cried. In the remainder of tenth grade, Zuri decided to just let go of her parents' beliefs for a while, letting her grandmother's words just wash over her. She felt very empty and depressed during that time.

During the following summer, Grandma decided that it would probably be better if Zuri left town, so that she could be further away from her parents' influence. Besides, she was almost at the point where she was too old to take care of her properly. So she sent her away to a boarding school in the city of Bakersville--Highland Academy. But before the summer ended and Zuri had to move away, Zuri had a revelation, or rather a small series of them. She began to realise that it was wrong to put curses on people, and to treat her grandmother so harshly as she became more frail with each passing year. It was a ceremony for the banishing of one's sins that inspired this, and it was probably those "sins" Zuri had committed that caused the emptiness she felt thereafter. She gained a new outlook on life, viewing people with respect rather than pity, casting healing prayers rather than curses, believing in karma rather than rebellion.

And then Zuri visited her parents' house one last time before she left, planning to just leave a note on the doorway. But, she found that she was once again able to enter the house! And so she did, feeling more grateful than ever for being able to be here. It turned out she was wrong about their beliefs--that according to the books at least, black magic was frowned upon, and magic was to only be used for beneficial purposes for it to work properly. Naturally, Zuri brought lots of books and such from her parents' house to the Academy, and these would be her most cherished possessions from then on, saved for a little ghost puppet she made. She had a hard time interacting with people at the new school, but at least people didn't think negatively of her. Eleventh grade actually wasn't a bad year for her, and came with very few complications. Even Grandma was much kinder, and the two kept in touch through letters and the very rare email. Zuri even kept saying how much she appreciated Grandma's belief in the good in the world. Grandma still thought Zuri's parents' beliefs were devil work, but she no longer worried about Zuri being "possessed" by them--she believed that Zuri had "God's protective grace about her", and that "no devil mojo can taint her soul anymore". Even when Zuri went back home for the summer, the relationship with Grandma was once again a loving one.

But there was one more challenge left in Zuri's life, and it all started with one fateful night. The night before her first day of twelfth grade, she dozed off early while reading a book. But she didn't stay asleep for long, for after a while one of her roommates woke her up. The first thing she saw was the roommate's cell phone, which had a strange text message on it sent exactly at midnight. "Is this creepy or what?" she asked Zuri. "Do you know what this means? You're the divination expert." Well, that brings us to the present.

~~~~~~~~Zuri's Persona~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Scathach

Appearance: Scathach is one of those few Personae who look almost completely human. Indeed, she certainly looks like an ordinary woman of an ordinary height with light-coloured skin and black hair. Her eyes are a deep cobalt blue, further attributing to the subtle coldness of her gaze. Most who first see Scathach first notice her hat, a deep crimson one with what looks like a golden belt around it, buckle and all. What's peculiar about it is the brim, a very wide one which splits at the sides to look much like a four-pointed star. This, though it's hard to see, is attached on the sides to her cape, which matches her hat but is black on the inside.

Underneath the cape, Scathach wears a tight black top that covers just her chest, though folds of cloth hang from around her neck with a rim of black beading at the top. Hanging from a long string around her neck is a golden pendant featuring an even-armed cross inside a circle. On Scathach's hands are black gloves which are fairly long and made a thick material for aid in combat. On her feet are black boots which fit just as tightly. Besides that, it's apparent that Scathach has no problems showing off her curvy, well-toned figure, for all else she wears is a black bikini bottom. But as she likes to wrap herself in her cape as she walks about, that becomes less obvious--and this goes with her personality as well. Her other reason for doing this is to conceal the special rod she has (see Abilities), which is attached to a hidden black belt around her hips.

Personality: Scathach's name means "shadowy", and her personality definitely reflects that. In the usual setting she prefers to keep to herself and avoid the crowds, and prefers to let things come to her rather than rashly seek them out. Like Zuri, she prefers to keep her mind in pretty much a meditative state, with few thoughts and worries crossing it and a general sense of calmness and understanding enveloping it. Also like Zuri, she rarely asks directly for information; she prefers to seek answers herself through a book or (more commonly) through her own wisdom and intuition. Though she respects and acknowledges those around her, she tends to avoid their company and is perfectly content with spending time alone.

However, this doesn't mean Scathach avoids company altogether. If someone starts talking to her or being around her, she won't mind starting a small conversation, though she'll want to disappear from it soon enough. The exception to this is people like Zuri with whom she feels very close, but even then she speaks in a more formal sense, and doesn't add a lot of emotion to her speech. In fact, she hardly ever shows much emotion at all--maybe such is the characteristic of a true warrior.

Wait a minute--did I say warrior? Scathach may not look the part, but she can definitely be considered a warrior, and it's not only because of her skill with weaponry (to be detailed more in the Abilities section). It's because of the strength of her will and the controlled acknowledgement of her fears. Truly, she follows the virtues of honour and respect, of integrity and perseverance, and holds them true to her heart. But this does not mean she necessarily plays the hero. Remember the "shadowy" part. Sometimes she will jump in to protect a loved one, but only as a very last resort. For some reason, she prefers to treat such a loved one (a.k.a. Zuri) more like a pupil, believing in them and first seeing if they can overcome an obstacle with their own skills. As Scathach would say, "unnecessary action is detrimental to the self". But when she does decide to move in and protect, she becomes a fearless and formidable fighter. To a task she's devoted to, she brings sound determination without strong emotions or rash impulses. However, if she finds herself in a difficult situation or fight, rather than stand strong and rely on luck and faith to pull through, she has the sense to retreat.

Another thing Scathach has a habit of doing is appearing out of nowhere to give advice to someone or something. She really does have a sneaky nature, aided by her overall tendency to be quiet. Moreover she is patient, and thus is good at hiding. This would probably make her a good thief, except that would go against her morals, which she follows closely. Still, she doesn't believe in a clear definition of good and evil, much like Zuri, and believes in being fair.

Abilities: Scathach's most prominent abilities deal with weapon mastery and shadow magic. Actually, she combines the two. Hidden underneath her cape is a short rod, which looks very much like a stubby wand, but by way of a sort of mental incantation, Scathach can use it to draw out one of a few weapons--the two most common being a sword and a spear--which seem to materialise out of thin air and attach to the rod. Because of the fact that these are summoned by magic, they cannot be broken by any physical or even elemental means (i.e. fire). The spear, however, can be broken with some kinds of magic or enchanted weaponry. If this happens, it renders the rod useless until it's re-consecrated via a special ritual. But besides that, Scathach is very good at handling these weapons, and dealing powerful hits with them. Also because they are summoned by magic, they have a few other magical properties--for example, they can fire small energy waves or beams (depending on the weapon). This is especially the case for the sword, where Scathach likes to attack far-away foes with a series arc-shaped energy beams formed by a focused swing of the sword. In the case of the spear, if Scathach is ever disarmed, she can will the spear back to her side, though this leaves her vulnerable to attack. This becomes handy if she decides to throw the spear.

Of course, even without the rod, all is not lost, for Scathach is also skilled in the martial arts. Very rarely does she engage in hand-to-hand combat, nor is she the most agile Persona in the world, but she uses this skill to block and dodge attacks and even reverse a basic physical attack when in a tight spot. Plus she has a habit of doing other interesting physical feats, like using the base of summoned spear as a pole vault. After all, she can't fly--the most she can do is levitate herself a couple of feet while using a chilling wind blast infused with shadow energy (her basic magic attack).

Evoker: An athame, which is a dagger used solely for magical purposes. The one Zuri has happens to have a hilt that looks very similar to Scathach's rod--it's made of bronze, with faded black knot designs all around it that make it look a bit tarnished. It even fits into a deep blue sheath, which most athames don't have. Zuri's just so happens to have one because it looks like a miniature sword. Zuri actually found this dagger in her parents' house, specifically in their secret ritual room. Normally, stealing an enchanted object triggers a curse, but since it belonged to Zuri's parents, it's more like she inherited it.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 4th March 2010 at 9:44 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Alright I got mine edited and, unless there's something else with it, I should be good to go.

@GalladeX: Alright, looks like everything is in order, so you are Accepted. Welcome aboard.

@Kiruria: Looks good to me so far, and from what I can tell your character would be right at home in either of the Arcana. Once you decide on your Persona, you should be good to go.

@muxiroger: Alright, Accepted. Welcome aboard.

- Important note -

As I mentioned at the bottom of the first post, each person will have to complete a brief PM session with me prior to the start of the RP.

GalladeX and muxiroger, you two will be the first to receive the PM. I'l have it to you guys sometime today.

Hey can i reserve under the Lovers Arcaena? I didn't see anywhere that you need to put up a sample and if it is somewhere please excuse my ignorance.

@jahz: The server error prevented me from editing the first post, so I'm keeping track of the reserves in my second post. The Lovers Arcana has already been reserved, so I'm afraid you'll have to pick a different one.

Name: Geoff Tinnay

Arcana: Temperance

Physical Description:

Geoff is a big guy, reaching more than six feet tall. All 270 pounds of him is spread out through his body, and most is muscle. He is pale, and red headed due to a bit of Irish from his mother’s side, and Scottish from his father. Geoff’s hair is of moderate length, but it never touches his fore head, as his bang-line is one major cowlick. A small goatee is pressed on the end of his chin, and is well kept. His eyes shine a bright… brown… and always seem to be creased from his permanent, almost creepy, smile that spans widely across his face. His nose’s bridge is a bit longer than normal as well, completing the huge picture.

His build is not unlike that of a football player. Broad shoulders squeeze into his black, school blazer, and the personal, white, button-up shirt underneath the jacket. The front of the shirt are always untucked, as he needs the room to move around. The arms of his jacket are almost always pulled up, seeing as they barely reach down to his wrist anyway, and they expose his muscular forearms. His hands are quite large, and have a great grip, but are surprisingly soft, seeing as he never uses them.

Attached around Geoff’s standard issue khaki pants, is a phanny-pack with an enlarged white belt. The white bag is emblazoned with a red cross to signify that it is a first aid kit, and contains almost everything Geoff would need in an emergency, but especially in the case he sees his own blood. He will pass out unless he covers up a wound fast enough.

Geoff’s size fourteen feet are covered in slim black socks that go under his pants leg, and into a pair of large black loafers with no laces or zippers.

Personality:

Geoff is a completely understanding individual, and can see the good in any deed… if there is any. He wishes for nothing more than peace between everyone around him, and will attempt to forge a bond between a feuding mob at any cost. Even if he can’t, Geoff stays calm. He sees no good in panic or anger, and chooses to let it be if it can’t be fixed, after all ‘It’s broke for a reason then’. Geoff is a firm believer in the theory of ‘destiny’ and is almost completely unperturbed by any misfortune… almost any. The death of someone near to him will induce a great pain in him that can only be expressed in tears. He understands that even though everything has a reason, death is never a good thing.

Despite his usually calm demeanor, Geoff is terrified completely by his own blood, and will become panicked beyond the point of control. The thought alone causes him to become nauseated, a sure sign a nice spill of yesterdays lunch is coming. Speaking of lunch, Geoff is a dedicated carnivore. He loves meat. The taste of meat. The smell of meat. The texture of meat. Meat in general makes him salivate, and it doesn’t perturb him. He believes that meat wasn’t meant to be eaten, humans wouldn’t have developed canines. After all, animals where placed on Earth with a destiny ‘and it seemed that the destiny of that cow was to provide me with a week of burgers’. The blood of meat has no effect on him, as it is only his own that freaks him out.

As a dedicated pacifist, Geoff has never gotten into a real fight. He won’t even play football or any other sport he has been recommended for, as ‘I might hurt someone’. Instead, if he has too, Geoff uses words to confound his adversaries, and befuddle his opponents. He is more cunning than he lets on. In fact, Geoff has never gotten lower than a 80% on any test in his life. He isn’t the best brain around, but when you don’t solve your problems physically, you have to use something else. Sadly, most people don’t realize that Geoff is bright, and usually dump him in the ‘dumb jock’ category.

Geoff also has a deep longing to feel affection towards someone, and it haunts him. In other words, he wants a girlfriend that isn’t crazy or a bad person. He has never been in a relationship that ended well, and now he has gotten to the point of being afraid to ask a girl out at all, making it even harder on him. Geoff wants love, but he can’t help himself to it, and won’t let anyone one else help. He tries to get over it on many occasions, but he has never succeeded.
    Geoff’s beliefs make him seem like he is ignoring the world at times. As if he doesn’t want to know some of the things going on in life. Or he doesn’t want to hear some of the horrible things of the world. Truth be told, he know about them fully, and just hopes that they will be resolved. Worrying about something that happens overseas isn’t going to fix it, after all.

Background:

Geoff lived quite a normal life. He grew up in rural Louisiana, and never had much to do. School consisted of ten other students in his grade, and he loved it. But at the age of 11, he moved to New York with his father, after he and his mother broke up. The divorce shocked Geoff beyond comprehension. He didn’t know what could have gone wrong. He heard small fits of the argument, but all he could gather was that his mother couldn’t take his father’s job anymore.

Roy Tinnay, Geoff’s father, was a cop. But he was given custody of his son, as his ex-wife had no job. Geoff’s father, after trying to stay in the same state with his ex-wife, couldn’t take it, and moved as far away from her as he could. New York, New York.

After arriving, he and Geoff moved into a small apartment, and began their new life.

Soon, Geoff had a step mother, a Mrs. Julia Tinnay, and they moved to her apartment which was much larger than his last one. Over time, Geoff began to accept her as his mother, and his father was happier than he had seen him in a long time. Now this history might seem like it is based solely on Geoff’s father, but that was all Geoff paid attention to. His father was his hero, and he loved him more than anyone else. But right after Geoff graduated 8th grade, and his father gave him a watch (OOC: This comes back later), his father was killed. “During a major drug bust, Roy Tinnay of the NYPD was shot and killed when a ricochet round of ammunition slammed into his temple…” Geoff remembers these words coming from the television that morning clearer than day.

The fact his father was dead couldn't be true. It was a hoax. A cruel joke. A jest of the most evil degree. But it was too true. Geoff didn't go outside that summer. He stayed in, and his step mother tried to comfort him, but he spent the whole time in his room, never speaking.

Julia decided after a while that she couldn't do anything, and just brought him his food. At the end of the summer, he came out of his befuddled state of mind. But instead of being dark and depressed, he seemed... happy, and content with everything. As though nothing could depress anymore... after all, the worst he could think of had happened. And he knew there had to be a reason. Ever since then, he has decided that the world would be a better place if there were no fighting. If everyone could just enjoy themselves without the need to hurt, maim, or kill. Still, Julia decided she couldn’t keep him in a public school where it wasn't safe. So she enrolled him in the best school she could think of. Her old middle/high school, Highland. No matter how far away it was, it was worth it to get Geoff there.

PERSONA!

Persona Name: Odysseus .aka. ‘Nobody’.

Origin: The ‘Iliad’, by ‘Homer’.

Personality: Odysseus has always bent down to his hubris… Pride. He is above all things proud, and holds himself in high regards, believing that he can do anything. Even before spending years upon years at sea, and finally being made immortal by the gods, Odysseus believed that nothing he did was in vain, and anything he did would achieve victory. Even when faced with death itself, he will laugh in the face of Hades and tell them to beg for mercy before the mighty ‘KING OF ITHICA! ODYSSEUS!’

Surprisingly, this works on many occasions. Odysseus is very convincing, and uses words to his advantage. A deep voice, and firm grasp of grammar allow Odysseus to trick his adversaries into giving up before even throwing a punch. Odysseus has gone throughout life without fighting more than absolutely needed. Odysseus also uses another trick that most other heroes of his time lacked. Cunning. Being a divine trickster, and master planner, it was Odysseus himself who designed the ploy that won the Trojan War, and defeated a Cyclops by telling him his name was nobody, so his cries for help for his brothers went in vain. Would you came to aid someone if they screamed:

“NOBODY IS HURTING ME! KILL NOBODY!”?

Odysseus thought not.

Odysseus loves anyone who is a travelling companion, as he did many years ago with his faithful men, none of which ever returned to Ithica (much to Odysseus’s sadness). And if any of them were to be hurt, Odysseus will be the first by their side making sure they stay safe. He never wants to see someone be hurt when he could have helped again. He had lost too many men in his life already.

Description:
    Most of the time, Odysseus is invisible. When he chooses to be seen, Odysseus is a sight to behold. He isn’t any taller than Geoff, and is just a bit more muscular, but you can tell by the air around him, and the manic sparkle in his eye, that messing with him will end with you in a full body cast. His wavy brown hair has the texture of silk, and falls down to the small of his back, yet is held out of his eyes with a gold circlet. Behind his mahogany beard, lies his mouth, one of his most important tools. Most of the time it is set in a cunning smile that scares rather than welcomes. His mustache is more part of his beard than anything, and runs right around his mouth and goes out no farther. His eyes are an intelligent green color and glint in the light.

Odysseus’s body is that of a man, and has been hardened over the years, and his tanned skinned has been weathered since he was taken away from his home for many years. Odysseus’s breastplate is what is really strange about him, as it seems to be made of a bluish-white mist. It is opaque to be sure, and in the form of a Greek Hoplite’s own armor, but it always seems to be moving and flowing. When asked what it is made of the answer is usually ‘When out on the sea, Time was my only resource, and I made it bend to my own will!’. Odysseus’s armor consists of a breastplate (made out of what Odysseus insist is ‘time’), a leather kilt, a pair of gauntlets that shine gold and are fit for a king, and Black leather books covered in a pair of gold greaves.

Odysseus’s only physical weapon is an extremely large bow, almost as thick as a young tree and as tall as he is. The black weapon is riddled with geometric lines that glow with the same blue mist that form’s Odysseus’s breastplate. Odysseus is the only being, mortal or not, who can sting his bow. Any other who attempts will be met with embarrassment, and soon enough, a world of pain, direct from Odysseus.

Ability: At anytime, Odysseus may make his body become invisible, leaving his armor and weapons floating in the air. He can make his armor and weapons disappear as well when using another ability. Odysseus also has a habit of naming his attacks and shouting them out, this usually gives away his position when hidden.

‘I am Nobody!’
    Odysseus becomes invisible, completely. He also has the power to destroy the sensory factors of his enemies if he can get a grip on them, just as he had done to the great Cyclops. Allies can’t see him either, so he can’t stay in the fray for fear of getting hit by his own teammates.

‘Rise to Arms’
    Odysseus summons the spirits of ancient skeletal Greek warriors, two in all, to fight for Geoff. They are nothing but suits of Hoplite armor, shields, and spears. They are quite frail, but fight in a group, focusing on one enemy at a time. Mostly, they are used to form a phalanx around an ally that has fallen or Geoff himself. They obey Geoff’s every command.

'You have been hunted'
    Odysseus raises his bow off his back, strings it, and draws back a black arrow as far as he can, for maximum power. Then he releases. Anything standing in the way of the black arrow’s path will be grievously wounded by the wrathful arrow that was loosed by the mighty king. All enemies hit by it will be bound to the arrow, so if multiple enemies are hit, they are stuck together.

‘Take Your Time!’
    By grabbing the ‘face’ of his opponent, Odysseus slowly absorbs the beings remaining life. While this happens, you can see a trail of blue mist curling around his entire arm, and absorbing into his chest plate. This also heals Odysseus. But he has to stay with the one enemy, and keep his hand on them.

Evoker:

Geoff’s evoker is a electronic watch that is of regular face. In other words, it is run with a battery, but uses hands. The color is that of old bronze, and it is set on a brown leather band. The hands are long and brown with little silver tips, and the numbers are in Roman numerals. When Geoff needs to summon his Persona, he sets the year count on the watch 10 years into the future. He can turn it back with no repercussions.

This watch was a gift from Geoff’s father for completing middle school. Geoff has had to change the band on it many times, as he never wants to lose it. It means almost everything to him
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

@Zincspider: Alright, looks good to me. (I rather liked your persona section by the way). Accepted.

I'll be sending you a PM to start your brief intro session soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast