Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where would you be without your OTP?

Default Where would you be without your OTP?

I thought of this while at work today. The title gives it away more or less but i'll elaborate as I tend to write in a way that makes people think differently...

Let's take your OTP, that one ship you ship above all other ships like a boss forever and ever for years to come etc etc etc insert marriage vows here. Now let's wipe that OTP from existence in your mind, warping said mind so that shipping your OTP would never cross it, EVER. What ship would be your OTP instead? Would you have an OTP? Would not shipping your OTP affect different aspects of your life both online and offline? I know everyone is different when it comes to shipping.

For my answer? Well, life without Nynaeveshipping would probably be good for mai Wifeu as i'm always getting her to draw me fanart of the two to keep me happy. I wouldn't declare my love for it when I go to train stations and in terms of shipping the characters off? Sneasel with Misdreavus and Michelle with whoever just happens to be my latest character obsession. I doubt I would settle her down.

As for what would be my OTP instead? TBTH over the years it would change. Before loving Nynaeveshipping I was a total cigarette for PsiLuckshipping so I would still adore that... then along came D/P. Senirasushipping is by far and wide my D/P OTP and one of my top five so that would gain the coveted status and therefore I would be smited by everyone because I am so elitist with shipping it. HGSS' introduction of the stupid sexy Rocket Executives made me squee over them and ship Grecianshipping/Strategistshipping. Seeing as i'm currently very obsessed with them... yeah, joint OTP no doubt. Although Grecianshipping's my poly OTP as it stands anyway.

So what about the rest of you?

Well, without Bishieshipping I guess my OTP would be Beaconshipping, Twinleaf or Ikarishipping. Or even IronWillshipping. I would have never gotten into yaoi as much as I did and I would probably still be focusing on writing Hikari multishipping fics. I probably wouldn't be as close friends as some people either. For example, me and Tadashi where we initially bonded over Bishieshipping and Palletshipping spaz and created Scenarioshipping so I guess there's that in mind. I wouldn't be such a spammy ship wh*re fangirl. Also without Bishieshipping, I'd have never thought up Emeraldshipping (Shuu/Drew x Daigo/Steven) because I thought that up thinking, "what would be the Hoenn equivalent of Bishieshipping?" because I was bored enough. XDD In general, my yaoi shipper side would have never probably awakened.

So I wouldn't have gotten so hooked on Thiefshipping. Because my yaoi instinct formed from Bishieshipping probably would have never let me see it in such a light. Actually, I could've discovered it because yaoi didn't influence me to watch YGOTAS where it hinted at Thiefshipping and got me into Yu-Gi-Oh... So uh, I guess if I didn't get hit into yaoi by Bishieshipping, I could've been hit into it by Thiefshipping?

Idk I'd rather stick with them both existing, especially the latter. XDDDD I like this topic question. *thumbs up*

Without Pokeshipping I can understand the draw of Advance and Pearl. I guess I would choose Pearl because Dawn's freakin' hilarious. For some odd reason I can see Ash with other girls but I can't picture Misty with any other person. Blame it on a weird mind.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

fff this is a tough question for me. but an interesting one.

Well... I guess I would consider EliteUndershipping to be my OTP. My spazzy obsession over it has died down..quite a lot actually, but I still really do adore it although its OTP position was almost stolen by Coldcoffeeshipping.

I think that without EliteUndershipping, I maybe would have never left the whole "mainstream shipping crowd". Or whatever. EUshipping was probably my the first crackish yaoi ship I really liked. I probably liked other yaoi, like Palletshipping, but not to the point that I liked EliteUndershipping.
    I guess, right when I thought of my random EUshipping fic, my eyes just opened to a new world of yaoilicous random pairings, beyond the mainstream that I had never considered before.

So without it, my OTP would probably still be Contestshipping, haha. Chances are I would still be staying up into the wee hours of the morning reading every single CS fic I could find. And maybe I would even talk to a different group of people online, I dunno.

rofl I'm being ramble-y and nonsensical, as usual. xP
    Last edited by omniouswind; 30th December 2009 at 4:24 AM. Reason: I SHOULD PROOFREAD BEFORE I POST /caps

WITHOUT POKESHIPPING?!?!?!? NUUUUUUU!!! ToT
    Either Ash or Misty wouldn't be able to exist then >:/ Alrighty then... I wouldn't ship Ash or Misty, it would probably be Contest or Ikarishipping.
    :] sounds about right.
    IF Pokeshipping didn't exist which is absolutely posilutely impossible. Ash and Misty belong together
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

My OTP is from Slayers, and it's Zelgadis/Amelia. If it weren't for that couple I probably wouldn't have watched Slayers nearly as obsessively as I did... watching and rewatching episodes, combing over them for hidden clues. My dislike for Zelgadis/Lina would be halved, because I'd only have Lina/Gourry as an axe to grind against it.

My return to the world of fanfiction would've been delayed by... *checks* six months. Which is a shame, because writing fanfiction has really helped me get a work ethic going on the writing thing.

Sure, I'd still have Xellos/Filia and Lina/Gourry... Xellos/Filia would probably take the OTP spot as it has been nipping at the heels of my real OTP and waiting for it to go down. I probably would've been more accepting of Xellos/Filia early on without Zelgadis/Amelia taking my attention.

If we're talking about just Pokemon, without Pokeshipping I probably would've watched the series for longer, as I originally stopped for good because Misty left. However, I probably would've retained less interest in the show today.

Without Honorshipping, I'd probably have a stronger investment in Koishipping (used in place of Brocket, so the masses aren't confused). *muses* I was a pretty dedicated Brock/James supporter, but that flushed away when my attention diverted. And I think I'd be even more miserable about it now than I was then (I still am), at the lack of anything remotely Koishipping.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

My otp is pearlshipping! Without it? I would be not AS intrested in a dp as I am. I wouldn't talk to the pearlshippers. If pearlshipping didn't exsist here would be my top three ships.
    1.Contestshipping
    2. Lagomorphshipping
    3. (the one that surprises many) pokeshipping

YES I used to be a pokeshipper..... I guess I would miss the older seasons much more than I do now. I would have even liked the Advance generation =O. Also I bet 4kids would be my goddess (LOL). I would practically hate the new seasons! I might even like..... MAY!!!!!!!! I would sit inside dreaming about Misty's return. Hoping for DP to only have lagomorph, contest, and cool battles like eps. I wouldn't like orangeshipping either!!!!!! Here is my real current top five ships so you can compare.(Yes there is five I like to point out)
    1.Pearlshipping
    2.Contestshipping
    3.Lagomorphshipping
    4.Pokeshipping
    5.Orangeshipping (My world in my mind would be soooo different if pearl weren't my otp!!!!! I actually hate MAY!!!!!!!! sorry may fans.)
    Shipping(s) they are what I do best
    That and more importantly love POKEMON and mainly dp =D

There's no telling what my OTP would be if I didn't have... well, its name is still a secret, but... I guess I would have a replacement, but... it's just that not obsessing over my favorite wouldn't make me more obsessive about my secondary ships, I don't think. My OTPs have all had qualities that pushed my buttons just right, and they're really hard to find. Of course, it's engrained in my personality to ship, and my preferences have changed over the years, so... I still have no idea what I would've picked up, though.

I would've missed out on a lot of wisdom without shipping. I've come to understand a lot about love and relationships, and just life in general from shipping. The relationships that I focus on are more serious and long lasting than anything I might've experienced, so it's given me perspective on things I wouldn't understand otherwise.

I've also experienced the joys and the heartaches of love, and learned from those, too. Like the fact that you can find other ships/people, even when you feel like it/he is the only one. And I've also experienced emotions unique to shipping, like how lonely it can feel to care so much about people who don't, technically, exist.

But you know... I'm extremely reflective, so I might've realized these kinds of things, anyway. In fact, my nature contributes to my shipping tendencies a lot. Sometimes I think shipping is an outlet for emotions I can't attach to a person. I guess what I mean is that I think my brain is hard-wired for romance, and since I wasn't/am not in a relationship, that energy got channelled into shipping. Anyway, the factors probably feed on each other. But the fact is, I've never felt the same way about a person as I do about my OTPs. It's so much easier to get to know characters than it is with people. And... well, shipping definitely has more drama than real life. And the way I think out relationships are more mature than what you'd find in high school. So... I'm sure I've experienced a lot of emotions that I wouldn't have otherwise. I'm grateful for that; it's really enriched my life.

Shipping's always been something to think about and entertain myself with, so it's often kept me from being bored. Oh, and I definitely wouldn't be as much of a geek if it weren't for shipping. I never would've cared enough about fictional characters enough to write fanfiction about them, and I wouldn't be so involved with a certain forum. Ahem.

So, yeah, it's really affected my life.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 30th December 2009 at 8:45 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (new!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Lol without my Yaoi OTP Comashipping or my Het OTP Pearlshipping I wouldn't be on this forum.

Plain and Simple.

Check out my tumblr!

My FF.net Profile

Where would I be right now without Pearlshipping...? I probably wouldn't have been into young romance or relationships at the time. I wouldn't have been introduced to shipping in general either. I wouldn't had joined Sppf, met so many fun people.. or have an Internet life at all. And I wouldn't be such a DP fanatic and call it my all-time favorite saga in the series. Maybe I wouldn't have given the animé another try at all.

Now, if Pearlshipping wasn't here and now, and if it wasn't the first ship I discovered, my OTP'd probably be... Contestshipping. Why? Well.. tbh, it's a ship I would've taken great interest in. My mind's veering towards that shipping, and I greatly enjoy it. If Pearlshipping never existed, I'd probably be a die-hard Contestshipper right now.

Well my OTP is Rocketshipping inb4shockedgaspsofthemasses
    and if I had never shipped it I probs wouldn't be here because my interest in Rocketshipping is what really got me back into Pokemon and onto SPPf. So I doubt I'd even have a OTP because I wouldn't be interested in the series.
    My second OTP I probably wouldn't be interested in either since it's Neoshipping and the two go together so well.

Thus my OTP would more than likely be Pokeshipping once those two are disregarded but I wouldn't really care about Pokemon, ESPECIALLY once AG started. I would be a vehement May hater and would've sparked many flamewars back in the day if I was on SPPf at all.

If my OTP had never crossed my mind I would more than likely not be here today. I either never would have made an account or posted in Shipping.

I would be v sad if I wasn't a Rocketshipper though, I probably wouldn't support any villain ships if that was the case and I'd stick to hero ships only. My life would be dull and so would this subforum =\

No Jovianshipping is not my OTP WOW YOUR WORLD IS ENDING HUH!!!!!!!

well me if Cheekyshipping never existed then I wouldn't be a shipping support. It was the reason I got into my shipping.

in term of other OTP well maybe

Pearlshipping or Warpshipping yes that right a human x pokemon shipping.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

Where would I be without ikarishipping? Well, for one I wouldn't be on the internet as much as I am, wouldn't have a fanfiction account, and I wouldn't even be giving DP a second thought, and I would probably be either a neopet addict or obsessing over Naruto pairings. And then pokeshipping would probably be my pokemon OTP, even though I wouldn't be giving not even an eighth of the attention I'm giving ikarishipping right now. Also if I didn't have my OTP (<3) around to think about I would probably be spending most of my time reading, and I would probably be paying more attention to my grades instead of waiting until the last minute to finish my homework. xD;

Oh, and also if ikarishipping wasn't around to be my OTP I wouldn't be here on Serebii right now typing this post, and heck knows what I would be doing at this moment. :P
    Forever an ikarishipper~
    [Ikarishipper for eternity (: ♥ ]

...Banner made by xxGlassRose...

When two people meet,
    Something is born~

If I never had my OTP...to be really honest and perfectly factual, I would not be where I am today. I would not be a mod and I would not be a recognized writer...nor would I have a good three fourths of my online buddies. I'd be 100x more lost than I am right now without a true home thread. (I've really tried to step back into the Contestshipping thread, but it's not the same without my friends...)

Sad, ain't it?
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 31st December 2009 at 5:52 AM.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

WITHOUT PEARLSHIPPING?!?
    Well, I probably wouldn't be on the internet as much as I am. Contestshipping would probably be my OTP, I definitely wouldn't have a fanfiction account, which means no stories would have been written by me, I wouldn't be watching Pokemon half as much as I am now. Not gonna lie, I probably wouldn't be on Serebii if Pearlshipping never exsisted.
    I just can't image me without Pearlshipping because.. Ash and Dawn are meant to be!

Not gonna lie, I probably wouldn't be on Serebii...
    I second that, cept its Pokeshipping for me
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

Without contestshipping i wouldnt be back into pokemon as much as i have. i probably wouldnt have got back into writing as much as i have
    And for pokeshipping i prob wouldnt have got into pokemon in the first place

Hmm, OTP... does anything outside Pokemon count? Eh... I dunno, I guess I'll start with Appealshipping...

Though my first OTP is actually Hoennshipping, (yes, it's het, be amazed :P) back in 2004, so if that shipping never crossed my mind, I probably wouldn't be here in SPPf, nor would I have gotten into Pokemon shippings and later be converted into a multi-shipper and crack shipper thanks to Vy and Alicia... xD;;

As for Appealshipping, I guess if that's not my OTP, I think I would have paired up Zoey with my other favorite Pokemon characters... the girls of course... eh, idk really.

For TAMNI/Railgun, if MikotoxKuroko is not my OTP, I could pair them off with the other characters, even though I'm already doing it, I guess that's part of being the conflicting Multishipper that I am... xP

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

I thought about this for a while before considering replying. My PD OTP is definitely IgneouShipping, but I thought about it long and hard and, really, I can't deny that my absolute OTP is OriginShipping.

I guess, without that I wouldn't be here on Serebii and I wouldn't have a Livejournal account. I followed someone here because they shipped it and I started to consider it too. It was set in stone for me here and then I got an LJ so I could friend people I'd met here (the end of the month is my LJ's third birthday!)

When I joined Serebii, three years ago, the reason I latched onto OriginShipping so heavily was that I could see a lot of my current situation in it. To me, I could relate to Steven, being away from home and travelling, as I was away at University and out of home for the first time. And I could see Wallace in my then-partner, waiting patiently at home for my return.

I guess really, that's my deepest and most personal reason for shipping Origin- I've always related to the idea of Steven being away and Wallace waiting for him- since I'm now in my second long-distance relationship (with someone I've met in person and then moved away from...)

I think another reason why I ship it is because by being able to relate my situation with something fictional, I could cope with it better. By being able to relate myself with a character renowned for his strength as a person, I could better myself and deal with my situation.

Honestly, though, I think that without OriginShipping, I might've left University because I was pretty miserable then and being on Serebii and enjoying the ship gave me something to look forward to. And in that case, without it, I wouldn't have my Livejournal.

I think that if I hadn't made my Livejournal, there are a lot of friends I wouldn't have now, there are a lot of things I wouldn't have done and I wouldn't have been able to found PokéDressing, which has certainly brought a lot of joy to my life and I'd like to think it has made others happy too.

Another point- if I hadn't gotten my LJ, I wouldn't have made such good friends with Vyck nor met my current partner. So honestly, because of all that, I have an awful lot to thank OriginShipping for.

It's a ship I come back to again and again. I ship many, many other things, but I find myself keeping coming back to Origin. I've shipped it for just over three years now.

Oh and... I think without it, I wouldn't be a shipper! It was like my "gateway drug" into shipping and I'm glad I'm here.

I would be a hell of a lot more depressed than I am now. ...possibly more than you think. Lately my only reason for getting up in the morning is to check Pixiv for more Susushipping. Other than that, I literally do nothing all day .-.

I guess my OTP would be either be Hottieshipping or Damian/Dario (lol not allowed to say the name on these forums) after that....both of which there is next to nothing of :/ *sigh*

Purrrrrrr.

Well without my otp I would be posting in different places atm , because of my otp I got interested in different ships and I got to meet new friends and interesting people . So Without it right now I wouldn't had these wonderful friends I have atm XD and I probably wouldn't be that much interested in shipping in general . X)

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

Well,
    My OTP is KanataShipping (Red x Kanata/Kelly, crack I know XDD) now, but it wasn't when I joined (Then it was AppealShipping) if KanataShipping didn't exsist, then I would support Appeal more.
    But if neither exsisted, I wouldn't be on Serebii :O Other than that, I would be very bored and never write. Well, maybe not; then my OTP would be Poke or Pearl, or Advance, or Kiss or *Head Ache* Satoshi is my Shipping bicycle so that would be hard....
    Kanata~
    Snooki just entered the world of Pokemon! After she and her rival Alabama tried to embark into tall grass she met Rowan and obtained her first Pokemon; a Piplup which she trained to level 7 on the way to Rowan's lab!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy View Post
    I would be a hell of a lot more depressed than I am now. ...possibly more than you think. Lately my only reason for getting up in the morning is to check Pixiv for more Susushipping. Other than that, I literally do nothing all day .-.

I guess my OTP would be either be Hottieshipping or Damian/Dario (lol not allowed to say the name on these forums) after that....both of which there is next to nothing of :/ *sigh*
    Aw... I've dealt a lot with depression, too. And anxiety, to the point where I felt like crawling out of my skin just to get away with it. I had no energy and could barely get through the day. Um, I had a point... oh, well, it was just that there's always hope for feeling better. I didn't feel like I could, but I did.

Anyway, yeah, that's a good point. Except for that one low point where everything felt meaningless, shipping has always been a comfort to me, kind of like a security blanket. It's something that's always present with me. Nothing can take it away and I can access it at any time. It's familiar and gives me good feelings. It kind of keeps me company, too. Shipping really does feel like being in a relationship. To some extent, anyway.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (new!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

My OTP is ikarishipping, so if that never happened/existed ( D: ) my favorite pokemon pairing would probably instead be either pokeshipping or contestshipping, and I would be dreaming up other impossible ships randomly (like Gary x Casey, etc.) just for the sake of them having somebody to paired off with, and then I wouldn't have gotten into other ships I like now (handyman, oldrival, baseball, etc.).

Actually, to be frank, if it wasn't for my OTP I wouldn't even be on the forums at this moment! *dramatic gasp* But then again, I suppose a lot of you wouldn't be on serebii if it wasn't for your OTP. But I also wouldn't have gotten into fanfiction or a lot of stuff, actually. Ikarishipping is the very reason I'm on the internet at this very moment, so it would be very different for me if that pairing never *existed*.

If it wasn't for ikarishipping I wouldn't have even gotten into serious shipping. Before I use to make up fake weddings for them and not care about any rival shippings because I was oblivious to them before. :P

Amazing Banner Made by xxGlassRose!

"Opposites Attract"
    "When two people meet, something is born"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast