Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Default Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/15ey9ac.gif[/IMG]

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Welcome!
    »This club is for all of you out there who are fans of Nickelodeon's television series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and/or The Legend of Korra. Any and all Avatar-related media is open for discussion here, including shows, comics, books, film(s), etc. We will also inform you of any Avatar news updates as soon as possible!

Rules Are Simple:
    »Read the rules. - Great job so far! =D«
    »All SPPf Rules apply here.«
    »Please try to avoid one-lining. Be elaborate.«
    »Any member who is inactive for over 1 month will be removed from the members list. You may rejoin, but only if you plan on posting.«
    »Flaming, spamming, or anything of the sort will not be tolerated. I will not hesitate to report you and have you infracted.«
    »I co-own this club along with thebluekid. If he or I give you a warning, take it seriously. If you are having a problem with another member or just have a question, feel free to send either of us a message.«
    »Please have fun, everybody. The previous Avatar Club did not last very long, and I don't plan on letting this one share it's fate.«

Joining Is Simple:
    »Before joining: We've gained a large amount of inactive members recently, and we're trying to cut back on that. Please only join if you intend on returning and posting.«
    »There's no special form, no PMing me or thebluekid. Just post and ask, though you will have to wait for thebluekid or I to approve you. This is to make sure that you are added to the members list.«
    »When joining, you can specify your favorite nation in the world of Avatar (Air Nomads, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, or Republic City) and you will be added to that nation's list!«

Resources:
    The Avatar Wiki is here.
    You can watch Korra from Episode 1 Here (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ADBLOCK INSTALLED)
    Korra Book 1 DVD/Blu-ray can be preordered here.
    You can read The Promise comics online here.
    You can read The Search: Part 1 online here.
    Bryan Konietzko's blog is here.
    Micheal Dante DiMartino's blog is here.
    Official Korra blog is here.
    Official Korra Facebook page is here.

Banners:
    »In these spoiler tags are banners that members have made for other members to add to their signature. They can really make your sig look nice, and they spread the word about our club! All you need to do is click the "Show Spoiler" button and find a banner that you like, then just copy the code in the box under it and paste it into your signature! Feel free to send in any work you've done to be added!«

Spoiler:- By Trainmaster718:

Spoiler:- By Mr. Joker:

Members:
    Trainmaster718 - Co-Owner - The Avatar
    thebluekid - Co-Owner - Energybender

Air Nomads:
    SerenadeSP
    Rayce
    Final Frontier
    CyberBlaziken
    the3rdH0kage
    Pokemon,master
    tdnorma

Water Tribe:
    rotrum
    Fake Psychic
    kjt
    kuroyanagi
    Soperman
    AuraMaster
    dirkac
    Hydri
    Adaptable Porygon-Z
    flawlessazn
    Emiko-Gale

Earth Kingdom:
    Grovyl
    TotalPotato
    JSteele
    ❤Lady Baltny❤
    ninjanerd
    Scaldaver
    Chapter of Charizard
    Shreyas
    Clinkclang

Fire Nation:
    Assassin9399
    Usatoday
    Comboman77
    DittoDude
    1rkhachatryan
    Charminions
    Srivats123
    MaidensGhost
    SD.
    Eeveelover824
    draco star 98
    thecutecelefable
    Will5iam
    fenniken
    hawkeye721

Republic City:
    CyberBlastoise
    Torpoleon
    shinymankey

Unspecified:
    Dread Advocate
    coolminun
    CyberBlastoise

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/15ey9ac.gif[/IMG]
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 4th October 2013 at 2:58 AM.

I would love to join this club!
    I may not love Aang, but does love for Zuko, Iroh, and Toff (Toph?) count?

Choose a nation, huh? This is a hard one.... It comes down to fire/water... I guess Water Tribe. Water is so multi-purposeful.

...Should we make a topic? How about...

What Nation did you choose and why? ?

Or am I getting ahead of myself?
    Last edited by thebluekid; 26th January 2010 at 10:41 PM.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    I would love to join this club!
    I may not love Aang, but does love for Zuko, Iroh, and Toff (Toph?) count?

Choose a nation, huh? This is a hard one.... It comes down to fire/water... I guess Water Tribe. Water is so multi-purposeful.

...Should we make a topic? How about...

What Nation did you choose and why? ?

Or am I getting ahead of myself?
    Welcome, welcome! Be honered, as you are the first of many members (I hope). I like your enthusiasm to start a topic, but maybe we should hold that one until we get a couple more members tuned in. If you've got another one, post away =]

Hey! I would love to join, I'm a big fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender! I watched the entire series in order, from first episode to last. I watched it for plot, but I also like ships. Here's my main two: I proudly ship Katara with [as far as males go] only Jet, and ship Toph with everyone in the main team [hehe I love Toph! =D]. What I like to do, is imagine a Light Tribe and lightbenders, which I have an OC in. But, since that is not a real tribe, I would like to join the Fire Tribe because Zuko's there being able to move fire around is awesome.

~riolulu

Always, I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony
    Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Riolulu - Haven't I seen you somewhere before here? Another club maybe? Anyway... How do Lightbenders work? Bending light? It makes sense, as it's not really a sub-element (Ice<Water, Lightning<Fire).

Also, have either of you seen the live action trailer/movie posters? Trailer is old, we're supposed to get a new one either this month or Feb. I believe, and the posters are brand new.

My safari has Ivysaur!

@thebluekid: Yeah, I recognize you too XD hmmm...

Lightbending would be taking some light from around you, and containing it in an invisible box, so that the light waves would bounce around in that box, appearing to be a cube of light. Then, after that is mastered, the individual would learn how to control the shape of the box containing light, eventually being able to put force behind the box and throw light at something. :3 The source is continuous as long as there is light from a sun or a light bulb.

That's what I made up anyway...probably messes up the laws of physics. XD

I saw the preview for the movie [assuming you mean the live-action movie] in a theater, but that's it. When does it come out? :3 I can't wait to see it!

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

riolulu, welcome to the club! I really love to hear other people's original ideas about the Avatar universe, so never be afraid to post your daydreams. I'll probably do it more than anybody haha.

And I just want you all to know how good of a feeling it is to watch people come and join my club. It was a stress hurricane to get this thing [back] up, but I'm not planning on letting this one die.

Also, have either of you seen the live action trailer/movie posters? Trailer is old, we're supposed to get a new one either this month or Feb. I believe, and the posters are brand new.
    I have kept the entire movie on close watch, and I have mixed feelings about it. The cast disappoints me to no end, but M. Night Shyamalan seems to really payed attention to detail as far as scenery and locations are concerned. For example:

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/1z1763b.png[/IMG]

This blows my mind. I can't believe how great they captured the Fire Navy ship.
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 27th January 2010 at 1:46 AM.

Trainmaster718 - I love to see this club starting and actually having conversations! I'm surprised that it's staying up so well already (no offense). I have mixed feelings on it as well. At first, when the first pictures came out, I was sooooo mad at them. Zuko didn't even have a scar in the one I saw! But then I saw the teaser, was slightly impressed, and just today I saw two official posters. He had his scar, and everything looked just like it should have. That picture you posted did nothing more than boost my hopes that it could be fantastic (Why do I get the feeling the part of the iceburd we see to the right is the one that Aang is in?). Better than the last adaption of an anime I saw. *cries over Dragonball Evolution*

riolulu - (Were you in the GLA club?)For some reason it sounds like they would be a hard-to-find tribe, as if they were very well hidden somewhere far away. Say they were fighting an enemy in a closed area (A building perhaps), would they be able to suck away all the light in it, making hard to fight so they could escape? It's set to come out in "Summer 2010", so I'm assuming (hopefully) July (As July was the rumor before). EDIT: The site says July 10. EDIT EDIT: As unreliable as Wikipedia can be, it says that Paramount bought a Super Bowl slot for a preview of the movie. A reason to watch it for me. (I dislike sports. A lot.)

Once again, side-note: Can Water Benders make their water hot? They can freeze it, but can they boil it?
    Last edited by thebluekid; 27th January 2010 at 2:25 AM.

My safari has Ivysaur!

[QUOTE=thebluekid;10986162]I have mixed feelings on it as well. At first, when the first pictures came out, I was sooooo mad at them. Zuko didn't even have a scar in the one I saw! But then I saw the teaser, was slightly impressed, and just today I saw two official posters. He had his scar, and everything looked just like it should have. That picture you posted did nothing more than boost my hopes that it could be fantastic (Why do I get the feeling the part of the iceburd we see to the right is the one that Aang is in?). Better than the last adaption of an anime I saw. *cries over Dragonball Evolution*

I agree, the posters look very impressive. I'm still quite picky on a couple of things (Zuko had a ponytail in Book 1, and it was quite distinctive, and I still don't see enough emphasis on his scar) I bet they're going to play it out like Zuko is completely evil to the bone and he'll never be a good guy *cries at what they did to Piccolo in Dragonball Evolution*

Trainmaster718 - Ah, but there are to be three movies, one for each book (you probably already know.) And in the first book, they made it out like Zuko was to never be good... Maybe M. Night Hows-You-Pronounce-It will stick to the show closer than I hope? *cries over EVERYTHING including Goku in DBE*

My safari has Ivysaur!

I have a question that I have been dying to know...Will they make a new season

I have never seen any of the movies are they only in japan or in the us a well
    FC: 2193.6973.5833

[IMG]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/janaruto/beastofnigh****er.gif[/IMG]

Aoki - No, no more seasons are to be made. And there is only one movie, the live action one, that is coming out in July this year.

My safari has Ivysaur!

They could make a million seasons based on the plot they left us. This sucks and what will the movie be about
    FC: 2193.6973.5833

[IMG]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/janaruto/beastofnigh****er.gif[/IMG]

@Trainmaster718 - I agree, the cast for the movie is dissapointing. :\ but oh well...that picture is really impressive! Jeez, they did a great job on that! It looks a lot like the anime. :3

@thebluekid - hmm, that's a good idea. And you're right, there would be a weakness if they were indoors, but every element has a weakness like that. Maybe they can get light from stars at night?

EDIT: @Aoki: just a live action verison of the show, and condensed into movie form.

and oh really? three movies, one for each book? shiz that's awesome!!!

WOOOOOOT JULY TENTH <3333

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Aoki - Like riolulu said, it will be each book condensed into a live-action movie. And truthfully, I'm happy with where it ended. If it went on much longer, it haad the possibility of becoming stale and boring.

Riolulu - Hmm.... I'm guessing light would be stronger with sunlight than from the moonlight? Or would moonlight give them more mystical properties to their abilities?

And yes! Three movies!

Just started watching Book 2 again (the only season I have TT_TT). I love it so much. Toph (Toff?) is amazing!

My safari has Ivysaur!

Okay, guys and gals, here's a topic for ya:

If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?

Personally, I would not enjoy an intire new season. I think they should make 4 or 5 new episodes from Book 3: Fire. It would touch my heart to see Fire Lord Zuko find his mother, and possibly see Aang use his full-blown Avatar power some more.

There have been rumors tossed around about the creators working on a whole entire new series based in the same universe. I could definetly see this working out. Here's my theory: The series could be based on a new airbender (Aang's son?) who struggles to rebirth the Air Nomads. He'll have to travil all across the world to find those spiritually willing to leave their homes and start a new life. And maybe there are those who oppose his idea, and try to stop him...

Riolulu - Hmm.... I'm guessing light would be stronger with sunlight than from the moonlight? Or would moonlight give them more mystical properties to their abilities?

And yes! Three movies!

Just started watching Book 2 again (the only season I have TT_TT). I love it so much. Toph (Toff?) is amazing!
    Yeah, Toph.

And well, there's more sunlight, so the stars and moon would probably be hard to take light from and bend it. So...yeah, probably a weak spot for them.

Topic time!

If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?

I think that they should make a new storyline. Aang should teach lots of people to bend and recreate an air nation! Something will go wrong somewhere or something and they'll fight that person buttttt...it'll be interesting. :3 that's what I think. =D

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Hm... I don't really know. If they were to expand on the current set of characters, what could happen? Aang has full control of the Avatar state... Maybe one more episode, as sort of an epilogue to what has happened. Like you said, Zuko and his mother and such.

But if they were to make a whole new series in the universe, new characters and all, would like it more if it had nothing to do with the current characters. Maybe a cameo appearance by Aang's son/grandson, showing how the children of the gang wound up... but preferably a whole new series. Maybe even 100's of years (maybe not THAT long) in the future, showing how the air nation has become born again.

And one thing I always wondered (actually 2). People can learn bending naturally, yes? Can't they then technically learn more than 1 element?

Also... If Aang had a son/daughter, assuming the mother is Katara, would he/she know air bending? Or water bending?

My safari has Ivysaur!

I'll join. SOMEONEs got to keep the Earth Kingdom repersented
    95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are in the 5% that would shout 'Jump'! - Started by pokemonmaster8
    My brawl f/c: 0259-4726-2901
    My mario kart f/c 4941-4342-7962

May I join?

I like the Earth Kingdom the best, throwing boulders everywhere sounds fun!

Also, has anyone noticed this about the civilizations?

Earth KINGDOM
    Water TRIBE
    Fire NATION
    Air NOMADS

masterleo and Dan The Poke Man, welcome! Dan, are you going to be in the Earth Kingdom or were you just stating that it was the best? Haha

I'm being Earth Kingodom, fo-shizzle.

Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast