Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1832

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I hate to admit it but... This club really seems dead.
    C'mon people! We need more members! Won't anyone post?

Anyway... YAY! Korra finally had it's premiere here yesterday... Uber epic.
    There's nothing to talk about right now, not until we get some more Book 2 info. We could speculate, but we'd be grasping at an awful lot of straws, given what little information we have. And with school in for most everyone here, we don't have as much time as we used to.

Welcome to the club, Hydri, I will add you to the list soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydri View Post
    Say, can I ask; Does Republic City have any Benders, or is it just full of people with no abilities to bend?
    Republic City's citizens are made up of benders and non-benders alike!

Heya all, how about a subject? It's pretty broad, but hey, that gives all of you more freedom to "bend" the subject! (that pun was almost as bad as Sokka's jokes...)

What part about the Avatar series do you love the most? It could be the writing style, characterization, favorite character, anything you want!
    I honestly love the writing the most; the characters are deep, and don't seem to be randomly driven without reason, as in every character has a point behind all of their motions.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

I just found out the other day that the Promise Part III already came out. Did anyone read it yet? If so, how good was it?
    <-- My 4th Generation Trade Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Heya all, how about a subject? It's pretty broad, but hey, that gives all of you more freedom to "bend" the subject! (that pun was almost as bad as Sokka's jokes...)

What part about the Avatar series do you love the most? It could be the writing style, characterization, favorite character, anything you want!
    I honestly love the writing the most; the characters are deep, and don't seem to be randomly driven without reason, as in every character has a point behind all of their motions.
    I like the humor and writing the most yeah.

I'm so happy. I saw Bolin win the Semi Finals yesterday! BOLIN yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    Welcome to the club, Hydri, I will add you to the list soon.

Republic City's citizens are made up of benders and non-benders alike!
    Thanks!

Ooh, thanks again, that answers my question. Isn't that the city Korra goes to on the very first episode?
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

What part about the Avatar series do you love the most?
    Once again, thebluekid and I share the same opinion. Are you my doppelganger?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I hate to admit it but... This club really seems dead.
    C'mon people! We need more members! Won't anyone post?

Anyway... YAY! Korra finally had it's premiere here yesterday... Uber epic.
    Untill we get an actual trailer or more information other than what we got at the comic con yah not much else to talk about.
    I've got spoilers from the comic con and interviews if any one wants? I'm really hoping they give each character in book 2 good screen time, book 1 was all sorts of problems.

I'll give you a hint where the series went wrong, hint hint love triangle :P

Mako got turned into a selfish jerk
    Bolin and Asami the most loveable characters got little screen time due to the love triangle
    Korra looked a little bad in this.

I'm really looking forward to the next series though, hopefully they do things much better and learned from there mistakes.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydri View Post
    Isn't that the city Korra goes to on the very first episode?
    Yes, and it's where almost every bit of that book takes place.

To those of you upset that the club is so slow currently, I'd like to point out two things:
    • When we had gotten all of Korra's ComicCon info, and we were waiting for the show to premier, the club was pretty dull then, too. But one it hit, our club was bustling! So give it some time.
    • Also, you guys don't necessarily need me or thebluekid to have discussions in the club. Feel free to chat among yourselves (so long as it's Avatar related.

A bit of new for you guys:
    If you haven't been keeping up with The Promise comics, you will have a chance to buy all 3 of them bound into one Hardcover book in February of next year. A price of $40 USD has been set for this "Library Edition" of the book, however Amazon.com has pre-orders for $25 USD, so do please get it there!

Furthermore, a release date of March 20, 2013 has been given to the first installment in next comic book series - The Search. This series will feature Zuko prominantly on his journey to find out what really happened to his mother and whether or not she is alive. Zuko enlists the help of Team Avatar and "and the most unlikely ally of all" (judging by the cover, it's probably Azula).

Still no Korra news unfortunately, but we know Book 2 is coming next year, so 2013 is shaping out to be quite a big year for us Avatar fans!
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 14th October 2012 at 6:27 PM.

Well, folks, it's Halloween, and I'm dressed up as Amon. I just won second place in the costume contest at my school. When I have pics, I'll put them up, along with the Airbending tattoo pics I promised a while back.

EDIT: Airbending Tattoos, Amon, Amon Closeup. Well, what do you guys think? Not bad for low budget costuming and fun at school.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 1st November 2012 at 3:03 PM.

Darth_Feraligator, I just might be your doppleganger. Besides that, do post those pictures! I wannt see how it came out!

As for Korra news, it's supposed to come out over summer the last I heard about it.

And as for The Promise, I just read the third book. OH MY GOD THIS SERIES IS GOOD. I mean, the Azula thing is a bit of a spoiler, but The Search looks like it will be amazing in its own right. Hopefully they continue the trend that The Promise and Korra have set, in that they're pretty dark overall and not all butterflies and rainbows.

My safari has Ivysaur!

HUGE FAN
    if it wasnt for pokemon to exist this would be my first love<3

wanna join <3 set me in the fire nation, not that im a fan of them but i like the fact fire benders have the power to use lightning x]

I'll add you to the Fire Nation list, SD.

Seems that a seemingly-official video is floating around of the Korra Book 1 DVD release trailer. I'm praying to the Lion Turtles it will come out before Christmas.
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 27th November 2012 at 7:08 PM.

Could I join ? I'm a big fan of avatar the last airbender/ legend of korra
    And I just started and will be active for a while.
    (if I get accepted )
    then, I would like to join the Fire Nation, because I've always wanted to bend fire/lightning, it looks so damm cool :P
    Oh and if you have to many ppl in the Fire Nation, my 2nd option is the Earth Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    OMG thats like another 4 months
    FILLED WITH PURE TORTURE OF HAING TO WAIT SOOOOOO LONG FOR SUCH A PERFECT EPICNESS CARTOON :3 D:
    I'll add you to the Fire Nation list, SD.

Seems that a seemingly-official video is floating around of the Korra Book 1 DVD release trailer. I'm praying to the Lion Turtles it will come out before Christmas.
    thanks! oh and nice, that they gonna sell dvd set of it
    though i doubt anyone would buy it as you can watch all episodes online and most people know about that these days...

Welcome to the club TheNewChamp! And there's never too many people per nation here at the club, it's all good I'm sure TM will add you asap!

Hm... April huh? Give me a moment, I'm going to go hug my brand new Appa plushie. (Fun fact everyone here, in two weeks the NickShop [mall of america] store will be back to selling 18 inch and 30 inch Appa plushies, and I believe they still have Momo stocked right now. The Appa plushies are SO SOFT)

My safari has Ivysaur!

I noticed this a while back, but I refrained from announcing it as there was a bit of confusion as to whether they were referring to the month April or a person named April.
    However, a newly-casted actress named April Stewart also recently Tweeted this, confirming the month assumption. While this may not be the release month, we may get the announcement trailer or something of the like. Keep your hopes up, as usual.

Welcome TheNewChamp, I'll add you to the Fire Nation list immediately.

I'm rather frustrated that the Legend of Korra DVD doesn't seem to be releasing before Christmas. (displeased face)

I noticed this a while back, but I refrained from announcing it as there was a bit of confusion as to whether they were referring to the month April or a person named April.
    However, a newly-casted actress named April Stewart also recently Tweeted this, confirming the month assumption. While this may not be the release month, we may get the announcement trailer or something of the like. Keep your hopes up, as usual.

Welcome TheNewChamp, I'll add you to the Fire Nation list immediately.

I'm rather frustrated that the Legend of Korra DVD doesn't seem to be releasing before Christmas. (displeased face)
    Comea out in April... New character in April... Um, that's uh...

Oh, well. I'm going back through Aang again now, i realizeonky niw how much I miss the show ._.
    I've been playing the games too...

Anyway, I find it annoying that it doesn't come out till after Christmas, as I was thinking if getting it for christmas if it got ere before christmas. (gasp, christmas sounds weird niw)

I reeeally like ALTA!!!!! I wish we could just have random nonsense episodes with the characters from that just to see Aang and katara and Zuko again. (AND SOKKA!) Lol... Anyway, I wish the next season of TLK would come out!! I wonder if Tarrlock is really gone..?

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

My fanfiction account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2320079/Misty_Ketchum97

I'd love for it to come out sooner, but I guess April's better than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Ketchum66 View Post
    I reeeally like ALTA!!!!! I wish we could just have random nonsense episodes with the characters from that just to see Aang and katara and Zuko again. (AND SOKKA!) Lol... Anyway, I wish the next season of TLK would come out!! I wonder if Tarrlock is really gone..?

~Misty
    I think Tarrlock couldn't survive that explosion .

April eh? Well, hope we get an actual trailer before than. I'm dying to see all these new characters and a look into what they'll be doing in season 2.
    Of course, small clips of Bolin/Mako/Korra/Asami/Iroh 2 doing things and giving hints what they'll be doing, man I can't wait. Thanks for the news.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewChamp View Post
    I think Tarrlock couldn't survive that explosion .
    We'll never be sure... He could've had spirit water.

And we've had some miracles happen in the series already...

I'd be really disappointed if he came back. He had his time in the show, and he left on a "good" note. I loved the way his caharacter died, and if they brought him back at this point it would almost feel cheap, depending how they did it of course.

My safari has Ivysaur!

Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast