Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1830

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

haha thanks yeah i really watched only a few episodes of korra i really need to search it out >.> i do love the first series though ^_^ fire bending is like awesome XD

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

So, as some of you may know, Momocon just went down last week, and a few people who attended got a chance to speak with some incredible people involved with Avatar (including Steve Blum and Sifu Kisu). While no new information was revealed, one blogger reports that we will eventually find out who Lin's father is and what the sub-form of Airbending is (such as Lightning manipulation for Firebenders). I'm pretty excited!

What do you think the sub-form of Airbending is? Why?

I thought it was fartbending because of Meelo's fantastic presentation of it towards the end of Book 1. I'm obviously wrong. Because it's not fartbending, I can't think of what it might be.

It was evidenced earlier in the series, in the original.
    Cake bending is totally a thing.

But in all honesty I'm a little scared of what it could be, you know? I never thought airbending needed a sub=bending due to the sheer power it has on it's own.
    Also, on that subject, someone earlier mentioned about the air nomads blocking air from the lungs of other people. I honestly don' doubt that at all, especially seeing how somehow Monk Gyatso in the original series was surrounded by skeletons of fire nation soliders when Aang found him. How else could they have died? (personal theory: he created a vacuum/got rid of all the air in the area, including in himself). But I feel like that's why they're nomads; they control something incredibly powerful.
    I'm incredibly excited for both finding out Lin's father as well as the sequel series to The Promise, which was fantastic in every way.

In other news, I'll try to hop on here as much as possible, but my laptop has officially bitten the dust internet-wise. Time to mooch off the college's computers I 'spose.

And, I almost forgot: HELLOOOOOO new members! Make yourselves one of the GAang!... I'll see myself out for a bit.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

It is no secret whatsoever that Airbenders are much more in-touch with the Spirit world than other civilizations in the Avatar World, and I always imagined that this closeness to the Spirits was a factor so great that Airbenders substituted it for an alternate bending ability. Given that we now know there is a sub-form and that the next Book will heavily involve Spirits, I am willing to bet it has something to do with this.

Alternatively, I've tossed a few other possibilities around:
    • Sound - Sound travels through air (and most things), though I'm not sure what could be accomplished with such an ability.
    • Weather - We've seen Airbenders create heavy winds and gusts before, but I find it hard to believe that an Airbender alone could manipulate forces such as wind/clouds without being the Avatar and controlling water at the same time.
    • Gravity - As much sense as this one makes (Aang laughs at gravity all the time), this is just...broken. To control gravity - one of the 4 natural forces that hold the universe together - would just be a near God-tier ability. I don't see this being imployed whatsoever.

I could agree with sound, it could be useful if you use it to the extremes. Like blasting someones hearing for a bit so they're temporarily deaf, or kinda like when someone throws their voice. If that makes sense. But yeah... I'm honestly not too sure what it could be.

On a similar note with the Spirit part... Has anyone else read The Search Part 1 yet?! Please tell me one of you have.

My safari has Ivysaur!

I just read The Search Part 1 last night. Dat cliffhanger. I'm seeing a lot of criticism about it "completely retconing a crucial element of the show", however I think the people who are saying this are jumping the gun. It's only part one of three.

Korra's Voice Actor, Janet Varney recently tweeted a reply to a fan asking about Korra Book 2's release date, to which she replied "Mid-April I believe."
    UPDATE: Janet has removed the tweet and warns fans that the actual date has not been announced, and to wait for the official announcement from Nick.

If you haven't read The Promise yet, you can find scans of it here.
    If you haven't read The Search: Part 1 yet, you can find scans of it here.

For those of you who have read The Promise and The Search:

Spoiler:- Do Not Click Unless You Want The Promise and The Search Spoiled For You or Have Read Them:
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 29th March 2013 at 9:28 PM.

All in response to the questions TM put up about The Search part 1, so don't click if you don't want it spoiled people!
        Spoiler:- Don't open unless you want the Search spoiled for you:

As for the other stuff... C'mon Nick, throw us a bone. Anything. Even the Tumblr page from the creator is showing stuff.
    Last edited by thebluekid; 30th March 2013 at 5:55 AM.

My safari has Ivysaur!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    Can I join? I would obviously be an air nomad! AIR BENDERS ARE EPIC!!! I wish in the show, they could like basically choke their opponents into being unconscious bye blocking the air from going into their lungs. It's a little mean i guess....
    You sir have just broken all Nomadian Theology...
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

What if air benders could be able to stop air from flowing into their opponents lipungs just enough for them into fall into unconsciousness, or possibly even death.

I sorry, I just noticed that I said that.

Do people think that a new bending element should be added?

Like grass, or poison?

(Might not make sense though)
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Aceepting an egg from Lysandre and continuing on to Coumarine City
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, US
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Join the Fire-Type Club, where battles are as intense as the sun's rays!!!

Pokemon,Master - To me, they can do that. Look at when they found Monk Gyatso's skeleton. There's an awful lot of Fire Nation armor around him, and I don't think the Fire Nation felt like randomly stripping off their armor around him.

As for the other part, I think most of it is kinda covered within the Avatar universe. I'd say we're good. What's everyone else think though?

My safari has Ivysaur!

The Legend of Korra Book 1 will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on July 16, 2013! You can preorder from Amazon now!

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/s2wepd.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/22f2gk.jpg[/IMG]

Also, I've edited the first post in this thread to include important Avatar resources that you guys might find helpful. Anybody got anything to add?

Last edited by Trainmaster718; 10th April 2013 at 6:55 PM.

I think you got pretty much it TM. That's most of the sources I use, besides some second-hand resources that get a lot of other news about Korra pretty fast.

Meanwhile, who's excited for the Korra DVD/blu-ray? I'm about to pre-order mine soon!
    AS for a subject... hm. How about
    What are you most excited for and why?
    Could be Book 2, the DVD set, The Search: Part 2, anything really! I'd personally say I'm really REALLY excited to see where The Search: Part 2 takes us. The story so far has already thrown us a curveball, and I'm anticipating that parts 2 and 3 won't disappoint us!

My safari has Ivysaur!

id like to join plz

my favourite character would be bo linn(bo lynn srry i just completly forgot how to spell it)he is just so funny.
    the nation i would choose is fire to me fire nation is the best
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Welcome to the club, draco star 98, you've been added to the Fire Nation list.

What are you most excited for and why?
    While I'm excited to see where The Search takes the story, I am on pins and needles waiting for Korra Book 2. Given the amount of work put into it and the sneak peaks we've gotten over the past few months, and what we know about it, I know it's going to blow me away.

thanks

i wanted to ask cause im not sure. is the second season of the legend of korra already airing on nick because i havent had a chance to find out.
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Draco Star, the second series hasn't started yet, and we don't have a set date for it yet either. All we have are the voice actors talking about how they're done voice acting for Book 2, and already VAing for Book 3, and that Book 2 should be almost, if not at, completion and ready to air soon.

My safari has Ivysaur!

Every time I get frustrated waiting for Book 2, I remember waiting for Sherlock. Then I cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    The Legend of Korra Book 1 will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on July 16, 2013! You can preorder from Amazon now!

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/s2wepd.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/22f2gk.jpg[/IMG]

Also, I've edited the first post in this thread to include important Avatar resources that you guys might find helpful. Anybody got anything to add?

intresting i think i should watch i keep missing bits and here and there of korra its a good show though...i watched the movie on the first season of avatar it was a freakin desgrace to avatar the last airbender...i was very disappointed in that movie what were they thinking -_- the cartoon series is amazing and the movies like >.>

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Most of us try to forget that the movie exists. Even the creators of the series don't like it, if that says anything. Silly M. Night Shamylimaniman and his adaptations...

My safari has Ivysaur!

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Most of us try to forget that the movie exists. Even the creators of the series don't like it, if that says anything. Silly M. Night Shamylimaniman and his adaptations...
    yeah i know what you mean god no offense so awful -_- yeah gunna catch up on some korra episodes maybe tonight over the internet XD

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Well, here's some news! For Free Comic Book Day, a short comic based around what happened to Mai was given out! The comic should be easy to find, as I found mine on the reddit for Avatar (reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender).

I believe this is canon, but I'm not 100% sure. If it's true, than just wow is all I have to say.

For those that have read it, what are your thoughts?

Did anything shock you, or any predictions on (assuming this is canon) what this might do to the comic series? Remember, if you're going to say something with spoilers to use the spoilers tag.

My safari has Ivysaur!

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Well, here's some news! For Free Comic Book Day, a short comic based around what happened to Mai was given out! The comic should be easy to find, as I found mine on the reddit for Avatar (reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender).

I believe this is canon, but I'm not 100% sure. If it's true, than just wow is all I have to say.

For those that have read it, what are your thoughts?

Did anything shock you, or any predictions on (assuming this is canon) what this might do to the comic series? Remember, if you're going to say something with spoilers to use the spoilers tag.
    Fortunately, the comic is cannon! Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in Free Comic Book day at my local shop.
    However, I read the comic in its entirety through scans posted here.

Spoiler:- Read only if you've read "Rebound":

Hey there. Don't know how I didn't see this club before...

I'd like to join up. I don't know what group I'd like to be affiliated with but, I like the Earth Kingdom and the Air Nomads........ I guess I'll join the Earth Kingdom. It's a hard choice.... LOL

I'll post again if I'm accepted.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast