Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1831

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

Welcome to the club, Chapter of Charizard, you have been added to the Earth Kingdom list! Feel free to add a banner to your sig from the first post to rep the club!

The Legend of Korra Book 2 still has no release date, but is confirmed to air later this year.
    IGN reports that Nick previewed some new stuff for them at a press event today, including a new scene from Book 2: Spirits:

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    We’ve known since last summer that Book 2 is subtitled “Spirits,” and Nickelodeon's Rich Magallanes noted that in Book 2, the divide between the human world and the spirit world was collapsing and Korra finds, “the dark spirits are seeping into her world.”

The sequence we saw found Korra battling one of these spirits, initially just seen as dark tentacles, surrounded by a purple energy, coming out of the ground on a hillside. Korra asks, “Spirit, why are you so angry? What have we done to offend you?” only for the tentacles to violently knock her aside, as they do to anyone else who attempts to help her, including Tenzin and an adult, male Water Tribe member I didn't recognize at a glance.

Then, the full octopus-like creature rises out of the ground, and begins moving down the hill, utlimately crashing through a fence into a carnival being held, as Korra pursues it. On the offense, Korra shoots the creature with fireballs and begins to get the upper hand, but she is suddenly grabbed by one of its tentacles, and smashed down into the ground. And... we cut to black, for now.

And sorry, my fellow Korra fans, Nickelodeon is not releasing this scene to the public for the time being. As the scene was introduced, they noted that there is still a lot of work to be completed on the animation side for Korra: Book 2 - though the scene in question still looked terrific, even if it wasn’t in its final form. Suffice to say, it hinted at some very exciting things to come.
    While I could complain that we still don't have a release date, I'm just happy that we have this to speculate on. This is a lot of information if you break it down, and I hope you guys will join me in discussing it.
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 8th May 2013 at 5:39 AM.

I never posted my thoughts about my own subject. Oops. I'm excited for Mai and Zuko to be broken up. Now we get to see who he wound up with too, or if Mai and Zuko wound up getting back together.

As for TM's news bit - I'm 100% totally not surprised. At all. I'm guessing it will be a fall release, since the DVD is dropping over the summer, right? Attatch a preview to the DVD, then just slide some previews over the summer (and 12/13 weeks to air Book 1 again) and then BAM. Book 2 releases on television, and this club will be booming again with speculation and excitement and fan stuff and art and music and... yeah. But for now, ordering Appa and Momo plushies is cool. I guess. Till whenever it is that Book 2 drops.
    And perhaps the monster that was in the IGN preview could eventually be voiced (if it has a voice) by the ever-lovely Grey Delisle (Sam in Danny Phantom, Vicky in Fairly Oddparents, Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City, and most importantly to me, Azula in the original Avatar series)?

Edit: Avatar: The Last Airbender will only be on Netflix until May 22nd. It's [most likely] being taken off after that.

Just thought some people here might like to know that in case they have Netflix. Netflix appears to be letting their deal with Viacom expire, which means Nick shows are out the window, and subsequently Avatar. This might change, but right now it looks unlikely.
    Last edited by thebluekid; 10th May 2013 at 7:13 AM.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

Why haven't I found this club before? I'd like to join~
    And, my favorite nation is the Earth Kingdom.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

I'd like to join. My favorite nation is the Fire Nation

Welcome Shadow! Wanna tell us a little about yourself, maybe why your favorite nation is the Fire Nation? (Welcome Shreyas as well! Same goes for you!)

So according to Grey DeLisle's Facebook page:
    LEGEND has it that certain hard-KORR fans will be getting a treat this summer! Just in the NICK of time!!!!
    Anybody want to speculate what the treat will be? Book 2? Just plugging the DVD?

My safari has Ivysaur!

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Welcome Shadow! Wanna tell us a little about yourself, maybe why your favorite nation is the Fire Nation? (Welcome Shreyas as well! Same goes for you!)

So according to Grey DeLisle's Facebook page:
    Anybody want to speculate what the treat will be? Book 2? Just plugging the DVD?
    Always liked fire lol Like how it burn things down. My favorite character is Zuko

Welcome to the club, Shadow1624, I will add you to the list shortly.

Important Club Announcement:
    It's about that time again...

I will soon be removing all inactive members from the club list. If you have not posted in this thread in the past month or so, your username will be taken off of the main post list and you will receive a message alerting you. You may rejoin, but only do so if you plan on being active.

Thank you, how are you?

Oh man, the past week my family rented the Avatar: the Last Airbender/The Legend of Aang DVDs, and I now know how much I miss the series, and how horrible the movie is.

I mean, seriously, casting was way off, Suki, June, Haru, Jeong-Jeong, Bumi, and Pakku apparently don't exist, and it took like a minute of dancing to get some water to splash.

OMG! I'm sorry everyone I never even noticed I was accepted here... Heheh...

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac
    Oh man, the past week my family rented the Avatar: the Last Airbender/The Legend of Aang DVDs, and I now know how much I miss the series, and how horrible the movie is.

I mean, seriously, casting was way off, Suki, June, Haru, Jeong-Jeong, Bumi, and Pakku apparently don't exist, and it took like a minute of dancing to get some water to splash.
    I hated the movie. It was inaccurate to the show, and, God, it just was horrible. The editing to make it look like they were bending? Not very good.
    Yesterday I saw the Episode of Legend of Korra where you
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

and I was just thinking about how amazing that episode was.

Also, does anyone think that the Fire Nation in Avatar and The Chi/Amun followers from Legend of Korra could represent the Nazis? The way they throw down the flags in Korra, and Commiting genocide in the South Pole in Avatar (killing all of the water benders there). I think that it's a weird resemblance but maybe it's supposed to be like this. Like, they're supposed to be like the Nazis.

I'm sorry if I was inactive for too long here; I just remembered that I joined this club now and then saw my username under the Earth Kingdom. XD
    Last edited by Chapter; 18th May 2013 at 1:50 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post

Yea, I miss the show but I cant watch the movie or should I say I wont watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    OMG! I'm sorry everyone I never even noticed I was accepted here... Heheh...

I hated the movie. It was inaccurate to the show, and, God, it just was horrible. The editing to make it look like they were bending? Not very good.
    Yesterday I saw the Episode of Legend of Korra where you
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

and I was just thinking about how amazing that episode was.

Also, does anyone think that the Fire Nation in Avatar and The Chi/Amun followers from Legend of Korra could represent the Nazis? The way they throw down the flags in Korra, and Commiting genocide in the South Pole in Avatar (killing all of the water benders there). I think that it's a weird resemblance but maybe it's supposed to be like this. Like, they're supposed to be like the Nazis.

I'm sorry if I was inactive for too long here; I just remembered that I joined this club now and then saw my username under the Earth Kingdom. XD
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post

You know what really sucks, though? Suki and the Kiyoshi Warriors were in the movie, their costumes were great and their parts were filmed, but cut from the film at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    The Equalists (Amon's follower's) in The Legend of Korra are actually much closer in ideology to communists in the real world. As the Wiki puts it: "Both seek to attain equality through the removal of a distinct societal or elemental class."

The Fire Nation is much closer to Nazism, with the mass genocide of an entire race simply for the act to "purify" the world and gain control of it.

hey guys can I join the fire nation is my favorite

Sure ya can, welcome to the club cutecelefable!

And don't even get me started up again on the Last Airbender movie. It's second worst in show-to-movie adaptions to me, second only to DragonBall the movie.

I can definitely see the korralation (get it? I'll see myself out for a bit...) between the Nazi party and the Fire nation, but like TM and the Wiki said, the Amon followers seem much more like modern communists than anything. But who knows, it's all up to interpretation!

My safari has Ivysaur!

awesomeness I can't wait until next season of Korra when does it start and
    who thinks maybe tarrock or Amon suvived the boat exploding I don't know how to put a spoiler tag I am sorry for those who didn't see the last season

Quote Originally Posted by thecutecelefable View Post
    who thinks maybe tarrock or Amon suvived the boat exploding I don't know how to put a spoiler tag I am sorry for those who didn't see the last season
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    And don't even get me started up again on the Last Airbender movie. It's second worst in show-to-movie adaptions to me, second only to DragonBall the movie.
    I agree

Welcome to the club, thecutecelefable, I will add you to the list soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thecutecelefable View Post
    We don't have a release date for Korra Book 2 yet.

Tarrlock and Amon are confirmed to be dead, without a doubt. Furthermore, I would be upset if they were brought back in any way because of the beautiful closure they had on their stories.

I was wondering if I could join The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club. I've seen every episode of the first series at least twice, and almost every episode of the second series. And if I can join I would like to be part of the Air Nomads.

IKR!?

And, yeah, IDK if they survived but I could see a comeback.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Welcome to the club, tdnorma, I will add you to the Air Nomad list.

This weekend, every single episode of the original Avatar: The Last Airbender will be available for watching on Nick.com.

We have also gotten word that The Track Team (the guys who make all of the amazing music for both Avatar shows) will be making a pretty big announcement around early June. This has led me and a many others in the Avatar fandom to speculate that we FINALLY will be getting an Avatar: The Last Airbender soundtrack/score. This is not yet confirmed, just my speculation. I'll keep you guys updated on this as it unfolds.

In the meantime: How do you feel about Korra Books 2, 3, and 4 being worked on simultaneously?
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 25th May 2013 at 12:47 AM.

To be honest, I'm actually pretty glad that they are being worked on at the same time. It'll give a more smoother connection between the books, and on top of that, we will probably not need to wat for a year till the next book releases.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

I like the idea of working on all of them simultaneously. I feel like it'll make everything smoother and such.

And I REALLY hope that it will be soundtracks! I'm a massive soundtrack nerd, so I'd obsess over that. Kinda mad that all of Avatar will be up for streaming though, just bought the whole series half-off from a local store. Oh well! At this point I'm ready for any kind of announcement though, to be honest.

My safari has Ivysaur!

Hey! I would like to join. I have loved Avatar since it came out. I will have to pick theFire Nation
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast