Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1832

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Momo Confirmed in The Last Airbender
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/f3g5qe.jpg[/IMG]
    I figured this would mean a lot to you guys, and I even flipped out a little when I saw it. Thoughts?


    If you could have any one thing from the show, what would it be?
    Sokka's Space Sword
    Chong's Guitar ("Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountain! Secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel!")
    The Earth Rumble VI Championship Belt
    Aang's Headband from Book 3: Fire
    Aang's Bison Whistle
    The Air Nomad Necklace seen worn by Monk Gyatso and Aang
    A White Lotus Pai Sho Tile

    Oh, and who could forget Aang's Armor?
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/k50uuw.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 17th June 2010 at 12:32 AM.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mahogony!
    Posts
    34

    Default

    *twitch twitch* Momo looks like that thing from that old show Zaboomafoo... Which makes sense. Pretty sure that he was a lemur. I just don't like how Momo isn't.... Cuter. Maybe he is later on?

    As for a new trailer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpsRN...8k&feature=sub
    TA-DA

    Still not too much new here, but it shows the room with all the Avatar statues, and a few more small clips. I'll replace the link with the HQ one when it comes out.

    Also, did the release date move? That's what all the comments are saying. If so, yay!


    If you could have any one thing from the show, what would it be?

    I'm surprised no one said anything about pets. Or maybe that wasn't implied...
    I would want Appa for starters. I don't know what else though.

    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

    Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    517

    Default

    I feel like I've seen Momo from somewhere before whenever I see that pic. It does look like Momo.

    If you could have any one thing from the show, what would it be?
    For me it'd probably be either Aang's glider or Sokka's space sword. Eh I'll go with the sword. After all everyone likes to have a sword





  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Also, did the release date move? That's what all the comments are saying. If so, yay!
    I believe it has moved back from July 2nd to July 1st. Which is good news, indeed!

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mahogony!
    Posts
    34

    Default

    This just in!
    We have a proper look at Appa from the side/front. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3318055680/tt0938283

    As well as many other photos for viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

    ALSO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQxMxaSB4Qk
    That 16 second clip is paractically all new, including our first look at Momo in action.
    Last edited by thebluekid; 21st June 2010 at 7:19 PM.

    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

    Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    nice vid at youtube really looking forward to it ^^

    I found momo looking pretty cool
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mahogony!
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Ah yes, I am back yet another time.

    "But thebluekid," you might be asking, "what do you have to show us NOW? These videos get repetitive."

    "Well!" I'll reply, "THESE videos... Are not that special, and only for those that are obsessing. >.> "

    Yes, these 4 videos will showcase a bit of each nation, as well as sample a bit of The Last Airbender soundtrack.

    Air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhCRHU6WPA
    Water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIM7zNVAWyc
    Earth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDVb_fYhOmo
    Fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Cnx66w4JY

    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

    Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Ah yes, I am back yet another time.

    "But thebluekid," you might be asking, "what do you have to show us NOW? These videos get repetitive."

    "Well!" I'll reply, "THESE videos... Are not that special, and only for those that are obsessing. >.> "

    Yes, these 4 videos will showcase a bit of each nation, as well as sample a bit of The Last Airbender soundtrack.

    Air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhCRHU6WPA
    Water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIM7zNVAWyc
    Earth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDVb_fYhOmo
    Fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Cnx66w4JY
    My, my. I loved all four! The Water Tribe, Fire Nation, and Earth Kindgom all looked spot on! The Air Temples seem to have been...Shamalonized...heheh...

    As far as the music is concerned, it's all great. The Earth Kindgom music and Fire Nation music were my favorites. =D I am sooo getting pumped for this movie. We now have but 8 Days or so!

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    I found the air temple a bit more industrilezed water tribe looked the best from all 4
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    I just hope that they get all of the detailed architecture from the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation correct. Both of them have extremely beautiful buildings and landscapes, and I would be severely disappointed if they screwed that up. But from what we've seen of the Earth Kingdom so far, I'd say it will be fairly close!

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mahogony!
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Hello for the thousandth time, fellow Avatarians(?). I bring you another video. *water bends it to the forum*

    I present: "The Fire Nation is coming." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MktDDbILds
    Aang fighting in the courtyard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr02HEREVw0
    And Zuko and Katara fighting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOf73ULgDzo


    Thoughts on how the invasion looks? There are only a few days left. Any last second predictions on what will be kept in or what will be left out?
    Last edited by thebluekid; 26th June 2010 at 6:40 AM.

    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

    Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    We are now but a day and a few hours away from the premiere of The Last Airbender!

    Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Hello for the thousandth time, fellow Avatarians(?). I bring you another video. *water bends it to the forum*
    thebluekid, I do not know where this club would be without your constant video updates! Thank you so much for them all!

    Thoughts on how the invasion looks?
    I think that they have got the Fire Nation Army nearly perfect! The ships are great, and now I'm excited to see the tanks and airships as well!

    Any last second predictions on what will be kept in or what will be left out?
    I do wonder if King Bumi will be included, as we have yet to see any of him. It is possible that they changed the timeline up so that King Bumi will appear in the second movie, which is based on Book 2: Earth. That way, people who didn't actually follow the show wouldn't wonder why an important Earthbender character appeared the first movie which is based on Book 1: Water. Still, it is very disappointing.

    Also, I just learned that Princess Azula is actually going to make an appearance in the first movie! Some of you may remember that Azula actually did appear in Book 1: Water, in a flashback to the duel between Zuko and his father, smiling her evil smile as Zuko gained his scar. But is it possible that Azula will be more active in the movie? We will know soon enough. Here's a picture of the actress playing Azula in The Last Airbender (it isn't confirmed if she'll reprise her role in the other two movies or not yet), Summer Bishil:

    A few new topics for you guys:
    Thoughts on Azula?
    What do you think of Haru being a little boy?
    Will you be attending the midnight premiere of the movie?
    Are you going to see the movie in 2D, 3D, or both seperately?

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mahogony!
    Posts
    34

    Default

    You're quite very welcome! I thought most of you would get rather annoyed at all the videos, but ah well.

    Thoughts on Azula?
    I just hope she can pull off the very-angry-yet-sincere voice. If she can do that, she will be perfect for the role.

    What do you think of Haru being a little boy?
    I'm not particularly fond of that... But I suppose the films will be spread out over a period of time, so maybe when he reappears later in the series he will be a bit older? (which raises the question why Haru is in the movie, but not Jet TT_TT )

    Will you be attending the midnight premiere of the movie?
    I wish. No, I'll probably see it this weekend or something.

    Are you going to see the movie in 2D, 3D, or both seperately?
    2D, then if the movie was good enough, maybe 3D.

    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

    Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Guess What I Made? New Club Banners!

    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/mrpg1c.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/5r1mt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2yjshmb.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/ae1ob7.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1zbdseg.jpg[/IMG]

    -I thought a banner with Aang and Zuko as friends would be a very nice contrast to the "Opposing Forces" Banner from the first set.
    -You may remember the Zuko banner from the first set, but I remade it this time, without the words "Come Check Out" in the corner, because I felt that it made it seem too pushy.
    -I had originally planned to make the Aang banner with the first Zuko banner, but I suppose I never got around to it. Nevertheless, there it is!
    -I don't remember if any of you were in the first Avatar Club, but the banner featuring Avatar Roku bending each of the four elements is a remake of one I made for it. It is a personal favorite, and I will most likely change to it first.
    -After watching all four parts of Sozin's Comet, I felt that we were missing a huge chunk of the cast by not including the Order of the White Lotus in a banner, so I made it first. Hooray O.W.L.!

    As I said before, my banners may be special by any means, but I did actually put alot of time and work into them. And I would never ask for any of you to give credit to me, but it would be completely awesome if some of you would at least use them. I realize that some of you already are using some, and I do appreciate that! Putting these banners in your signatures would definetly help bring more members to this club, hopefully some true fans that haven't heard about the club yet, and that would be active if they joined! Any feedback you can give would be appriciated - no, loved. And though I've now finished this small set of banners, I am still open to any requests or suggestions for new ones! Enjoy! =D

    The codes for all banners I've made for our club are now posted in the spoiler button on the first page in the first post.
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 30th June 2010 at 7:11 AM.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mahogony!
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I love the new banners! However, may I suggest one? If we're going for a "Zuko and Aang being friends" banner, maybe we should use one of Zuko being Fire Lord and Aang being his friend (end of the series).

    Besides that thought, I think these banners are a perfect addition to the 1st batch!

    And where is everyone else? Did they all poof?

    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

    Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    I love the new banners! However, may I suggest one? If we're going for a "Zuko and Aang being friends" banner, maybe we should use one of Zuko being Fire Lord and Aang being his friend (end of the series).

    Besides that thought, I think these banners are a perfect addition to the 1st batch!

    And where is everyone else? Did they all poof?
    I will keep that idea in mind! Thanks! As for the rest of our "members", I'm pretty sure they all lost intrest. Sooner or later, somebody will stumble upon our club and close it down because you and I are the only active members. And all of the hard work we put into it will be wasted...sigh...

    So I saw the midnight premiere last night. And I don't think more pieces of me have ever died at one time...

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    49

    Default

    HI! I'm back! Sory but I had got another things to do.
    This news banners are fantastic! thebuekid have reason about the image to show they are friends however I love the one you choose Trainmaster718.
    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club! Comes is AMAZING !

    Check on Youtube: Homestuck - City is Ours For sure you will like it


  18. #268
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyponita View Post
    This news banners are fantastic! thebuekid have reason about the image to show they are friends however I love the one you choose Trainmaster718.
    Why, thank you, shinyponita!

    I have compiled a small list of things that were wrong in the movie. This is definetly not complete by any means, it's just what I could remember off the top of my head. If you have anything to add, just post it.

    • Multiple characters had their names changed in pronounciation for no reason:
    • Aang became "Ong"
    • Sokka became So-kuh
    • Iroh became Eee-row
    • Agni Kai is pronounced Ag-nee-kee
    • For whatever reason, Sozin's comet is said to be arriving in 3 years, though the tv series only spans over 10 months
    • Aang, er, "Ong" is completely serious through the entire movie, hardly smiling a single time
    • "So-kuh" is also completely serious through the entire movie, never applying the comic relief he is well known for in the show
    • Even though Suki is listed in the casting, neither she or any of the other Kyoshi Warriors are seen or mentioned at all
    • Jet and his entire gang are completely absent
    • Avatar Roku is completely absent, and Aang does not learn anything that he did in the television series
    • Aang seems to have immidiate memory of what happened to him before he was imprisoned in the iceburg, instead of having to experience a bad storm to remember
    • Aang does, however, meet Fang, who tells him to protect the Moon Spirit
    • King Bumi is completely absent, as is Omashu
    • The little boy who I originally thought was Haru, is in fact just a little boy who lives with his father in a small Earth Kingdom village that was run over by the Fire Nation, and has a similar backstory to Haru
    • Katara does not steal the Waterbending Scroll, as the pirates are compeletely absent. She instead recieves it from "Haru's" father.
    • Many other events are not included whatsoever, such as Aang getting stuck inbetween the spirt and phisical worlds, and the gang crossing the great devide
    • Aang and the gang never stumble upon Aunt Wu's village or meet her.
    • They also never meet Bato, which means June and her shirshu are also absent.
    • Aang never meats Jeong Jeong or his group, so he never burns Katara, and she never learns that she has healing abilities.
    • Aang has to sneak off to the Northern Air Temple by himself. There, there is not mechanist, or his son, or any of the others who were with them. The only person is an elderly man who leads Aang to the hall of statues, where he is ambushed by Zhoa's soldiers. Instead of Aang being taken to a Fire Nation fortress, he seems to be held in the Temple. There, The Blue Spirt comes and makes rescues Aang, in a scene that actually follows the show fairly well.
    • Princess Yue's father Arnook is absent from the film, and is said to have died several years before the events of the movie, leaving her behind to control the Northern Water Tribe.
    • Princess Yue's fiancé, Hahn is completely removed from the storyline.
    • Aang never meets Koh in the spirit world.
    • Aang also never merges with the Ocean Spirit, as predicted.
    • Zuko never takes Aang away from the village, he simply hides out in a building in the tribe.
    • Zhao's death is much darker in the movie than in the show, and it is not caused by Aang, as it was in the show. Instead, a group of waterbenders from the tribe trap him in a water bubble, and suspend him over the ground for a few seconds until he drowns in the bubble. They then release their hold on the water, and his body falls and hits the ground below.
    • Many other things are changed completely, such as the benders having to go through multiple steps and moves before their element even begins having activity
    • Firebenders have been seriously limited, as we feared, in the way that they must be near a source of fire in order to bend it. The only exception is Iroh, after Zhoa kills the Moon Spirit, who releases a large burst of fire from his hands, which wards off Zhoa and his troops from the Oasis, and one of them can be heard shouting something along the lines of, "He can make fire from nothing!"
    • Azula is shown in the final scene of the movie, where she accepts Ozai's task of taking down Aang and Zuko
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 4th July 2010 at 6:10 PM.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I haven't seen the movie because it yet came out in my country but if they take out all this things the movie should be completely horrible for how watch the show. Without the things the taken how they will go do the second and third movies, the most probably is they didn't do the movies of the others two books.
    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club! Comes is AMAZING !

    Check on Youtube: Homestuck - City is Ours For sure you will like it


  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    Why, thank you, shinyponita!

    I have compiled a small list of things that were wrong in the movie. This is definetly not complete by any means, it's just what I could remember off the top of my head. If you have anything to add, just post it.

    • Multiple characters had their names changed in pronounciation for no reason:
    • Aang became "Ong"
    • Sokka became So-kuh
    • Iroh became Eee-row
    • Agni Kai is pronounced Ag-nee-kee
    • For whatever reason, Sozin's comet is said to be arriving in 3 years, though the tv series only spans over 10 months
    • Aang, er, "Ong" is completely serious through the entire movie, hardly smiling a single time
    • "So-kuh" is also completely serious through the entire movie, never applying the comic relief he is well known for in the show
    • Even though Suki is listed in the casting, neither she or any of the other Kyoshi Warriors are seen or mentioned at all
    • Jet and his entire gang are completely absent
    • Avatar Roku is completely absent, and Aang does not learn anything that he did in the television series
    • Aang seems to have immidiate memory of what happened to him before he was imprisoned in the iceburg, instead of having to experience a bad storm to remember
    • Aang does, however, meet Fang, who tells him to protect the Moon Spirit
    • King Bumi is completely absent, as is Omashu
    • The little boy who I originally thought was Haru, is in fact just a little boy who lives with his father in a small Earth Kingdom village that was run over by the Fire Nation, and has a similar backstory to Haru
    • Katara does not steal the Waterbending Scroll, as the pirates are compeletely absent. She instead recieves it from "Haru's" father.
    • Many other events are not included whatsoever, such as Aang getting stuck inbetween the spirt and phisical worlds, and the gang crossing the great devide
    • Aang and the gang never stumble upon Aunt Wu's village or meet her.
    • They also never meet Bato, which means June and her shirshu are also absent.
    • Aang never meats Jeong Jeong or his group, so he never burns Katara, and she never learns that she has healing abilities.
    • Aang has to sneak off to the Northern Air Temple by himself. There, there is not mechanist, or his son, or any of the others who were with them. The only person is an elderly man who leads Aang to the hall of statues, where he is ambushed by Zhoa's soldiers. Instead of Aang being taken to a Fire Nation fortress, he seems to be held in the Temple. There, The Blue Spirt comes and makes rescues Aang, in a scene that actually follows the show fairly well.
    • Princess Yue's father Arnook is absent from the film, and is said to have died several years before the events of the movie, leaving her behind to control the Northern Water Tribe.
    • Princess Yue's fiancé, Hahn is completely removed from the storyline.
    • Aang never meets Koh in the spirit world.
    • Aang also never merges with the Ocean Spirit, as predicted.
    • Zuko never takes Aang away from the village, he simply hides out in a building in the tribe.
    • Zhao's death is much darker in the movie than in the show, and it is not caused by Aang, as it was in the show. Instead, a group of waterbenders from the tribe trap him in a water bubble, and suspend him over the ground for a few seconds until he drowns in the bubble. They then release their hold on the water, and his body falls and hits the ground below.
    • Many other things are changed completely, such as the benders having to go through multiple steps and moves before their element even begins having activity
    • Firebenders have been seriously limited, as we feared, in the way that they must be near a source of fire in order to bend it. The only exception is Iroh, after Zhoa kills the Moon Spirit, who releases a large burst of fire from his hands, which wards off Zhoa and his troops from the Oasis, and one of them can be heard shouting something along the lines of, "He can make fire from nothing!"
    • Azula is shown in the final scene of the movie, where she accepts Ozai's task of taking down Aang and Zuko
    That many things were wrong with the movie? I haven't even seen it yet and the first half of your lost has made me lose faith and motivation to go see it.





  21. #271
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Land of Lollygaggers
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post

    I have compiled a small list of things that were wrong in the movie. This is definetly not complete by any means, it's just what I could remember off the top of my head. If you have anything to add, just post it.

    • Multiple characters had their names changed in pronounciation for no reason:
    • Aang became "Ong"
    • Sokka became So-kuh
    • Iroh became Eee-row
    • Agni Kai is pronounced Ag-nee-kee
    • For whatever reason, Sozin's comet is said to be arriving in 3 years, though the tv series only spans over 10 months
    • Aang, er, "Ong" is completely serious through the entire movie, hardly smiling a single time
    • "So-kuh" is also completely serious through the entire movie, never applying the comic relief he is well known for in the show
    • Even though Suki is listed in the casting, neither she or any of the other Kyoshi Warriors are seen or mentioned at all
    • Jet and his entire gang are completely absent
    • Avatar Roku is completely absent, and Aang does not learn anything that he did in the television series
    • Aang seems to have immidiate memory of what happened to him before he was imprisoned in the iceburg, instead of having to experience a bad storm to remember
    • Aang does, however, meet Fang, who tells him to protect the Moon Spirit
    • King Bumi is completely absent, as is Omashu
    • The little boy who I originally thought was Haru, is in fact just a little boy who lives with his father in a small Earth Kingdom village that was run over by the Fire Nation, and has a similar backstory to Haru
    • Katara does not steal the Waterbending Scroll, as the pirates are compeletely absent. She instead recieves it from "Haru's" father.
    • Many other events are not included whatsoever, such as Aang getting stuck inbetween the spirt and phisical worlds, and the gang crossing the great devide
    • Aang and the gang never stumble upon Aunt Wu's village or meet her.
    • They also never meet Bato, which means June and her shirshu are also absent.
    • Aang never meats Jeong Jeong or his group, so he never burns Katara, and she never learns that she has healing abilities.
    • Aang has to sneak off to the Northern Air Temple by himself. There, there is not mechanist, or his son, or any of the others who were with them. The only person is an elderly man who leads Aang to the hall of statues, where he is ambushed by Zhoa's soldiers. Instead of Aang being taken to a Fire Nation fortress, he seems to be held in the Temple. There, The Blue Spirt comes and makes rescues Aang, in a scene that actually follows the show fairly well.
    • Princess Yue's father Arnook is absent from the film, and is said to have died several years before the events of the movie, leaving her behind to control the Northern Water Tribe.
    • Princess Yue's fiancé, Hahn is completely removed from the storyline.
    • Aang never meets Koh in the spirit world.
    • Aang also never merges with the Ocean Spirit, as predicted.
    • Zuko never takes Aang away from the village, he simply hides out in a building in the tribe.
    • Zhao's death is much darker in the movie than in the show, and it is not caused by Aang, as it was in the show. Instead, a group of waterbenders from the tribe trap him in a water bubble, and suspend him over the ground for a few seconds until he drowns in the bubble. They then release their hold on the water, and his body falls and hits the ground below.
    • Many other things are changed completely, such as the benders having to go through multiple steps and moves before their element even begins having activity
    • Firebenders have been seriously limited, as we feared, in the way that they must be near a source of fire in order to bend it. The only exception is Iroh, after Zhoa kills the Moon Spirit, who releases a large burst of fire from his hands, which wards off Zhoa and his troops from the Oasis, and one of them can be heard shouting something along the lines of, "He can make fire from nothing!"
    • Azula is shown in the final scene of the movie, where she accepts Ozai's task of taking down Aang and Zuko
    I heard the movie was so bad, that I don't want to see it that much anymore... And I had such high hopes for the movie too... I've got the sads now .

    I heard they changed the pronunciation of the characters to make them sound more "Asian." Kind of reminds me of this for some reason lol.
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Lao Tzu

    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10h877r.jpg[/IMG]

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubiOUS View Post
    I heard the movie was so bad, that I don't want to see it that much anymore... And I had such high hopes for the movie too... I've got the sads now .

    I heard they changed the pronunciation of the characters to make them sound more "Asian." Kind of reminds me of this for some reason lol.
    I don't normally do this with movies, but I decided to read the movie's various reviews. Each review I read just flat out said that the movie was really bad.





  23. #273

    Default

    Since the only person here who has seen the movie and posted is being an unfair downer, I wanted to say I loved the movie. In defense of all those "problems" you mentioned, the movie tried to tell the same story in 118 minutes. The show had over three times that much time. Thinking they would cram it all in is unreasonable, and if it was a live-action, time-lapsed version of the show, nobody would have liked it. As a result, they cut some things and I liked the movie. In my theater, people even clapped... and it wasn't the midnight showing either, that was Saturday several days later. I haven't seen it in 3D, that may have been a badly done post-production stunt, but in 2D it was visually spectacular.

    After so much waiting and anticipation, why wouldn't you at least see it? A lot of the things in that list are minor differences or absences. The first five "problems" have to do with pronunciation. If you can call authentic pronunciation a problem, it's just one. A scene with Azula accepting the task of hunting down Aang isn't a problem, it's just a scene in the movie. Roku ~ the dragon in the spirit world, who he visits three times. You knew the movie would be more serious and in order to be movie length would have a lot of minor content cut. I think the movie was great, and showed an amazing story to a lot of people who would have otherwise never heard it.

    Critics are always so pessimistic.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanumghost View Post
    Since the only person here who has seen the movie and posted is being an unfair downer, I wanted to say I loved the movie. In defense of all those "problems" you mentioned, the movie tried to tell the same story in 118 minutes. The show had over three times that much time. Thinking they would cram it all in is unreasonable, and if it was a live-action, time-lapsed version of the show, nobody would have liked it. As a result, they cut some things and I liked the movie. In my theater, people even clapped... and it wasn't the midnight showing either, that was Saturday several days later. I haven't seen it in 3D, that may have been a badly done post-production stunt, but in 2D it was visually spectacular.

    After so much waiting and anticipation, why wouldn't you at least see it? A lot of the things in that list are minor differences or absences. The first five "problems" have to do with pronunciation. If you can call authentic pronunciation a problem, it's just one. A scene with Azula accepting the task of hunting down Aang isn't a problem, it's just a scene in the movie. Roku ~ the dragon in the spirit world, who he visits three times. You knew the movie would be more serious and in order to be movie length would have a lot of minor content cut. I think the movie was great, and showed an amazing story to a lot of people who would have otherwise never heard it.

    Critics are always so pessimistic.

    I understand they needed to take lots of parts because of time, but the worst part is taking the happyness of aang, because is that what makes the show special, even in worst situacions (except the last battle) during the battle happen something funny maked by aang or sokka.
    And one more thing, in the movie appears some plans make by sokka?
    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club! Comes is AMAZING !

    Check on Youtube: Homestuck - City is Ours For sure you will like it


  25. #275
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mahogony!
    Posts
    34

    Default

    The movie was bad compared to the show. Yes, the movie did try to compact an entire season of a show into a single movie. They still could have shown the Kyoshi warriors... And they changed almost all of the personalities from what the show had - "Ong" wasn't funny, "Sohka" wasn't sarcastic. They got Katara right, but there wasn't much personality to begin with there.

    They also cut out things that everyone loved. Albeit that they weren't very important. Things such as King Bumi (Or anything relating to Omashu.)

    I also din't like that sometimes if they were going to bend something they started doing some crazy moves that took a very long time to get through.

    Although the action scenes looked nice at times. The end battle was relatively good. And the Blue Spirit scene was done VERY nicely.

    Overall, I thought the movie wasn't THAT horrible. Bad, but not as bad as everyone was making it out to be. A good summer flick, and hopefully the sequel can help mend what got ruined in this one.

    Just one thing I really had to laugh at - the fact that they kept Earth Benders in a place filled with earth. It took a very poor speech from "Ong" to make them realize this. That was the reason why in the show they were put on a metal boat, because most (all at that time) Earth Benders couldn't bend metal.
    Last edited by thebluekid; 5th July 2010 at 7:59 PM.

    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

    Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •