Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

I wanna join too, and I'm joining the water tribe... Ice is my element : 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Poke Man View Post
    May I join?

I like the Earth Kingdom the best, throwing boulders everywhere sounds fun!

Also, has anyone noticed this about the civilizations?

Earth KINGDOM
    Water TRIBE
    Fire NATION
    Air NOMADS
    They're all different or is there something here I'm not seeing? XD

You got it.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Personally I'm extremely excited for these movies. When is the super bowl? And do you think the commercial shown during the super bowl will be the same as the teaser trailer?

Fire Nation all the way, man.
    "Living is the reflection of dreaming."

OMG
    I can't believe I hadn't seen this yet...
    Well of course you let the old Yellow of the Water Tribe join, right?

Welcome all new members! Hello hello! And, for Yellow Aura and arcanumghost (or other Water Tribe members I may have missed) you get... COOKIES! *gives*

arcanumghost - Sometime in February I believe. And no, it will be brand new. we were supposed to get this full trailer back in December, but a lot of editing had to be done to make it to be an eye-catcher (And to please fans? Hopefully?). So it will be all new.

Trainmaster718 - YES! The power of this club is growing! I'm proud of it already.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

ooh!!! one of my favorite shows ever (or maybe my favorite, none of them have ever been on in the same time period so...) has been given a club!!! yay!! I must join, despite the show being over...

It's a shame nobody's picking Air, oh well, I must pick the eipc epicness of Fiyah! due to Ice not being separate from water...do I get a cookie too? *gives puppy eyes*
    sorry Aang (his name has two a's right? that's pretty weird but I thought that was the right spelling), guess you really are the last airbender

as for the question
    If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?
    I personally want it to continue on the main storyline. I mean, just because the Fire Lord is gone doesn't mean the Firebenders will listen to their enemies.
    Now, granted, it would be hard to maintain a story like that, with a few angry firebenders against the world and a fully realized Avatar it's pretty obvious what the outcome could be, and I'm afraid it would just succumb to boring quests like a certain other show I know of... I still think they could squeeze in one last half-book (Air) with 10 episodes of a few last loose ends tied up...
    I wonder how a new story would be actually...would it be a new avatar with a new quest or would the avatar only serve as a symbol for the characters to live up to? interesting idea...
    my FC is 2064 8570 2074m but I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi stuff
    I am a semi-grammar nazi, yet I have a habit of Capitalizing words that don't need to be Capitalized.
    I wait in the depths for the return of the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout Ultimate Journey. Time is not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?
    It wouldn't be the last airbender if they got new people... but I DO want new people.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

I'm sorry pokemaster001, cookies are for the Water Tribe.... But I'll give you chocolate because i love fire benders as well. *gives chocolate to fire benders*

...Now I feel mean! *Gives muffins to Earth Benders, gives a HUGE cupcake to our Avatar*

My safari has Ivysaur!

I'd like to join and be a member of the Water Tribe .

I'd like for it to continue from the main storyline. Maybe Azula escapes and starts/leads a civil war?
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Lao Tzu

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10h877r.jpg[/IMG]

Welcome arcanumghost, Obsidian Helix, Yellow Aura, pokemaster001, and dubiOUS!

Heheh, thanks for the cupcake, thebluekid. I'll enjoy it with my Fire Flakes.

[Members List Updated]

Would anybody care to start a new topic?

Last edited by Trainmaster718; 30th January 2010 at 7:41 PM.

Yay, Yellow's back!
    Here's a new topic:
    Your general views of the movie so far?
    This autum, there didn't seem to be much hope for this movie, but I've been impressed by the pcitures and how the creators of Avatar have praised this movie, as well as how well the characters are turning out. But I still don't like some aspects of it, but I'm hoping this movie will mostly bring in new fans.

So far... I think the scenery looks beautiful. It looks like M. Night Shamy-whose-a-whats-it is sticking true the the look. The real judgment call will be next weekend. Sunday. Super Bowl preview! Yeah! (Not to mention that the Harry Potter theme park will also be shown in the previews during it.)

My safari has Ivysaur!

At first I was worried. Especially after hearing that Jesse McCartney might be playing Zuko. But I usually like M. Night Shyamalan's movies, so I decided to wait until the cast and everything was decided.

Now it looks like it might be pretty good. It won't be the same as the series, but that's expected.

I can't wait to see what Appa and Momo will look like!

^Animated of course.

I only saw a very short trailer, so I can't say anything about it yet... but they gave the child hair! HAIR!!!.... or at least that's how I remembered it...

I was mad when I learned that the original voice cast wasn't there, but since it's a live action movie it would be bad if they were
    95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are in the 5% that would shout 'Jump'! - Started by pokemonmaster8
    My brawl f/c: 0259-4726-2901
    My mario kart f/c 4941-4342-7962

It seems to me that the movie is going to be fairly good. Aside from the fact that the cast looks horrible, they really skrewed up the Water Tribe's wardrobe, and various other spots I noticed, we could have a pretty good movie on our hands. So far, we've only seen Airbending in the previews, and it looks pretty good. Let's just hope they keep to the original storyline.

A note for everyone: Let's try not to be typing so many one-liners...we could get in trouble and have the club closed down. that wouldn't be good. D: So for the sake for the club, lets try to type a little more?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Poke Man View Post
    Also, has anyone noticed this about the civilizations?

Earth KINGDOM
    Water TRIBE
    Fire NATION
    Air NOMADS
    aren't they all nations, though? Like as a general blanket statement?

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    arcanumghost - Sometime in February I believe. And no, it will be brand new. we were supposed to get this full trailer back in December, but a lot of editing had to be done to make it to be an eye-catcher (And to please fans? Hopefully?). So it will be all new.
    Can someone link me to the full trailer? I don't think I've seen it...only a commercial in a theater. Is that the full thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Aura View Post
    I'm really glad that a live-action movie is coming out, especially in theaters! I was sad when Avatar ended...it ended too fast! D< So now I'm glad that there will be more for us! It will, especially, give Avatar more publicity, too. which is good for us Avatar fans! I don't really know much about the movie so far, but I know that it seems very impressive already...except for the casting. I don't really like that. :\ The cast pictures that I saw awhile back looked backwards...Katara and Sokka had light skin and Zuko had tan skin...that's not the same as the anime! But oh well...I'm sure the acting and setting will be good, so it will balance out. (:

WE NEED A NEW TOPIC!

Who is your favorite character, and why?

I will answer this after some other people. :3

~riolulu

Quote Originally Posted by riolulu View Post
    Can someone link me to the full trailer? I don't think I've seen it...only a commercial in a theater. Is that the full thing?
    The one and only trailer that has been released can be found at The Movie's Official Website. It's interesting, but I feel that only somebody who knows the show would understand it.

A theatrical trailer was to be released around Christmas 2009 but it was pushed back until February 2010 because not enough visual effects shots were completed. (Already stated)

Paramount Pictures has bought a Super Bowl spot for the film. Super Bowl XLIV will air on February 7, 2010. This tells me that Paramount is pretty darn sure that the movie is going to be huge, as Super Bowl commercials are the most expensive. 30-second commercials during next month's Super Bowl on CBS are selling for between $2.5 million and $2.8 million, if that tells you anything.

The full trailer will be attached to the upcoming Percy Jackson film. I read the Lightning Thief and I wasn't that impressed, but the movie looks promising. Plus I'll do anything to spend time with my girlfriend and get to see the full trailer in person. Youtube just doesn't cut it.

wow, I've got a lot to say here, some of it isn't even on topic...oh well *munches chocolate*

I was sad when Avatar ended...it ended too fast! D< So now I'm glad that there will be more for us!
    while I do agree that I wanted to have the show last longer, I have to admit that it was ended perfectly...the story didn't seem rushed or slowed, it just went at the perfect pace
    as said before, I still wish they would have like 10 episodes of concluding everything...but I think that the story went the only way it could, and all good things must come to an end
    The cast pictures that I saw awhile back looked backwards...Katara and Sokka had light skin and Zuko had tan skin...that's not the same as the anime! But oh well...I'm sure the acting and setting will be good, so it will balance out. (:
    yeah, there's this whole group of people that complain that none of the cast are Aisian or anything, and people need to cast people based on what the character should be...but, I really shouldn't start a whole conversation about it...it's just actors anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    I read the Lightning Thief and I wasn't that impressed, but the movie looks promising.
    really? I really liked the lightning thief, I think the movie really looks a lot like the book so I wouldn't see it if you didn't like the book, but back to avatar stuff

I looove Zuko, he's just basically my perfect character, I have a checklist right here actually:
    [x] is strong, but achieved it through struggle
    [x] that struggle made him very serious and angry and stuff
    [ ] is instead a really hyper and happy and stuff
    [x] is a prince
    [x] has a superpower
    [x] it is fire
    [ ] it is ice
    [x] is a bad guy
    [x] is doing things for reasons I understand
    so, 7/9 isn't that bad, especially since they would contradict eachother!!
    although I do think his personality was gone into far too much, mainly in book 2 and the first half of book 3...I never enjoyed overly subtle/psychological stuff in media, but that's not to say I didn't like the character development, but it could've been a lot better

I'm not sure, it seems to be well put together, despite the aforementioned casting...but I'll wait to see a real trailer, because then I'll know how to feel (unlike another Avatar movie I didn't understand the trailers at all for...but saw the movie anyway and kinda enjoyed it, but it wasn't the epic it was trying to be...)
    my FC is 2064 8570 2074m but I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi stuff
    I am a semi-grammar nazi, yet I have a habit of Capitalizing words that don't need to be Capitalized.
    I wait in the depths for the return of the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout Ultimate Journey. Time is not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

Uncle, because he's HILARIOUS. And wise... which is the reason he's hilarious.
    Toph, just because EARTH IS POWER!!!!
    Sokka, just for his Sokkasm (If you wtched the ones where they told you everything you'd know what I'm talking about)
    Zukko, just for his sexy hair.
    Aang, just for being Aang.
    Momo, for being an animal.
    Appa, for being big.
    And... well, that covers it. :P

Momo and Appa are my absolute favorites. The duo make for great comedic relief, like R2D2 and C3PO of Star Wars, only much hairier.

In terms of human characters, I would have to say Zuko. He made for an excellent villain, as his motivations were not for the sake of being evil or wanting to cause havoc, but to regain his honor and win his father's love. And in the end he came to the good side in a very non cheesy way.

I would like to join :33

My favourite is Sokka, he is just too funny.

It's funny; no one wants to be with the Air Nomads.

LOL, they all died maybe that is why.

I would be like to be in the Fire Nation, The Beach Episode area seems good to live in.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast