Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

They didin't die, the Fire Nation gave them a trip to hell, that's where they went.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

They are all in icebergs, waiting for people like Sokka and Katara to find them,

I need to finish my Avatar CRMT D:

Sorry, me and my gf are on break right now. :P
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Okay,

BTW for all Canadian viewers, this is the showtimes for Avatar (Aang) on Nick.

Saturday (Feb 6) - 7:00-8:00pm
    - Firebending Masters
    - Boiling Rock

Sunday (Feb 7) - 8:00-9:00pm

- Boiling Rock?
    - Southern Raiders

Those are the listing on my cable box (Telus)

Welcome, Elmi101! And thank you for the Canadian show times! It would seem that we have an interesting pattern of Fire Nation and Water Tribe members. Hopefully somebody will come along soon and break it with an Air Nomad joining. Oh, by the way guys, I edited the front page some, and I added the code for the banner I use in my signature in case any of you want to use it as well. Which reminds me, we need more banners and artwork, people! Get to it! So, new topic much?

What Avatar: The Last Airbender merchandise do you own? And is there any merch your planning on getting?
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 2nd February 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Hm... I don't have any avatar merch... I should probably get some considering how awesome they are. I have a desire to buy the DVDs for one of my friends (Justanarc) because he loves the show even more than I do, but they're pretty expensive still...

My favorite character is either Toph or Sokka, for being ridiculously awesome and completely hilarious respectively. If I had to choose, it'd probably be Sokka... there's nothing like comic relief of the character who tries so hard, but doesn't have any bending powers XD

Also, unfortunately the little glimpse of Aang in a room with candles is the only footage I know of from the movie. I've been following the blog, but the only thing they ever post are on-set pictures, posters, and interviews... no real details...

Hey guys I was wondering, could I pretty please join the club?! I LOVE Avatar: TLA so much, one of my favorite shows. I would like to be in the Shadow Tribe Fire Nation, because Firebending is awesome.

Ignore the Shadow Tribe thing, it is a completly crack thing that I LOVE. I may explain later if you wanna hear about it.

Hope I am accepted! I will reply to the topics if I am lucky enough to be accepted.

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Games, comic books, and posters.

I don't own any shirts yet but we'll see ^^

If a new Avatar series was made, would you rather it continue onto the main storyline, or introduce all new characters and storyline?
    I would like a new plot, maybe Azula takes control of a rouge group of Fire Nation worriors and trys to kill Aang. I could see him going around the world, trying to find people with the potential to be Airbenders.

Your general views of the movie so far?
    Pretty good, in my opinion, I am pretty happy with all of it, exept Aang, the kid looks too young. But I hope they don't screw up Appa and MoMo up.

Who is your favorite character, and why?
    Azula all the way, she is the best, no exeptions.

What Avatar: The Last Airbender merchandise do you own? And is there any merch your planning on getting?
    None. At all. I am planning on getting a Giant Appah plush (It's like 4 feet long and 2 feet wide) from The Nick Part at the Mall of America the next time we go, along with a Zuko and Momo plush. Yeah I am a nerd.

If you're a nerd, your just going to grow up rich. :P Mrs. Rolles is such a liar.

I have no Avatar merch, but I ould like some plushies, just because I like how soft they are.

Nerds take over the world! Mr. Joker, That's pretty much the best possible storyline I've heard for a continued Avatar series so far.

Does it bother anybody else here that the James Cameron Avatar movie is the first thing that comes to a person's mind when you say Avatar, rather than TLA show and movie? I think it's pretty selfish that James Cameron insisted on the movies not having Avatar in the name so they couldn't steal any attention away from his baby masterpiece *facepalm* I've seen Avatar with the smurfs running around playing cowboys and indians, but I will never think it holds a candle to the last airbender.[/rant]

Hello again, lovely club.

I have an amazing link for you all (if it doesn't get me yelled at) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4mLL9uYWBk

This video shows hi-res pictures of the main characters - Zuko, Aang, Sokka (barely seen), Katara (while she's water bending), and Suki. Suki and Sokka.... Not too impressed. Sokka doesn't look as goofy, and Suki looks... Weird. And she doesn't have the make-up on from the Kioshi Warriors. Do you think they will be in the movie?

What are your thoughts on the pics?

Also, guys, please cut back on the one-liners. riolulu mentioned it earlier. You keep it up, the mods will get quite angry.

As for merch... I have season two, I plan on getting the other two seasons, and now that it has been mentioned, an Appa plush. A large one.

PS - App a has been confirmed to be in the movie. No word about Momo.

EDIT: arcanumghost, I get really annoyed about that. Like when I got my haircut, the haircutting lady asked if I was going to watch the Super Bowl. I said only to see an Avatar movie preview. She replied "Why? Is the preview in 3-D? Because that movie has been out..." (And don't mention Smurfs... They're being made into their own CGI movie too.)

Also, on talk about the cast being "too young" .... This will (hopefully) be a trilogy. The children will grow, and will look more like the part (hopefully.)

ONE MORE THING (reference getters get a cookie). Some samples of the music are on the youtube link and on the official website. It doesn't sound that bad actually.
    Last edited by thebluekid; 4th February 2010 at 2:57 AM.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

Quote Originally Posted by arcanumghost View Post
    Does it bother anybody else here that the James Cameron Avatar movie is the first thing that comes to a person's mind when you say Avatar, rather than TLA show and movie? I think it's pretty selfish that James Cameron insisted on the movies not having Avatar in the name so they couldn't steal any attention away from his baby masterpiece *facepalm* I've seen Avatar with the smurfs running around playing cowboys and indians, but I will never think it holds a candle to the last airbender.
    Oh do not even get me started. My friend texted me once back in like November, and it read: "Hey man. The Avatar Movie comes out December 18. Want to go see it with me?" He knows how much I love The Last Airbender, and I immidiatly replied, "No, it comes out next year...you may have heard about a different movie called Avatar about blue people..." Ugh! I never thought I could hate a movie just for it's name being closely related to my favorite T.V. Show.

I just got the entire Book 1: Water DVD and an amazing poster for Christmas. Here's a nice little picture of the poster:
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/2mgmgbb.jpg[/IMG]

I have the same poster DD

I can't wait till Sat + Sun, my weekly dose of Avatar!

New topic:
    Do you think the movie will have the same story as the show?
    I don't think so. But if they do they'd have to put in a montage of traveling. (I really like montages )

It looks like it was just yesterday when a first screening of The Last Airbender happened in Phoenix Arizona. HERE is a link to two completely different reviews on it. I'm pretty sure most of us will enjoy seeing the movie even if it doesn't hold a candle to the magic of the show, but hopefully in the coming months they'll have time to reshoot and edit to make the story and script amazing on the screen. I kinda wonder if the creators of the television series were in attendance or how much influence they have on the development of the movie. Does anyone have more information on the subject?

Hello Club of Avatarians. I have an announcement. The preview is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXxDSzo56VM
    Looks better in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ca6hgJgPJ4&feature=sub

EDIT: Appa can be seen! In the top left corner at 9 seconds in, pause it. Appa is there. they did well. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to see it 30 more times.

You are all welcome to click the link. It is a youtube preview. The Super Bowl Slot. If enjoyed, we may rejoice in cookies and tea by the raging war on the box that will open up upon clicking the link.

Erm... Yes? The Last Airbender? And 3 moves = 3 books... M. Night Shama-whositwhatsitnameagain was in an interview with the creators in the bonus features disc for Book 2, and said he loved the series, and would "try the best to make fans happy". Unlike some other movie referenced previously (cough cough DB:E TT_TT )
    Last edited by thebluekid; 5th February 2010 at 4:15 AM.

My safari has Ivysaur!

I saw him, he looks nice.

YOU GUYS. IT IS ANTI-CLUB RULES TO FRICKING ONE LINE, KNOCK IT OFF, IT IS GETTING TOO OUT OF HAND.

The new trailer looks AMAZING. We get to see some Appa =DDDDDDDDDDDD I hope they don't screw him up, along with MoMo and Suki (Suki is one of my favorites <333333) I hope we get to see at least some Azura at the end, that would be great <3

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    Hello Club of Avatarians. I have an announcement. The preview is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXxDSzo56VM

EDIT: Appa can be seen! In the top left corner at 9 seconds in, pause it. Appa is there. they did well. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to see it 30 more times.

You are all welcome to click the link. It is a youtube preview. The Super Bowl Slot. If enjoyed, we may rejoice in cookies and tea by the raging war on the box that will open up upon clicking the link.

Erm... Yes? The Last Airbender? And 3 moves = 3 books... M. Night Shama-whositwhatsitnameagain was in an interview with the creators in the bonus features disc for Book 2, and said he loved the series, and would "try the best to make fans happy". Unlike some other movie referenced previously (cough cough DB:E TT_TT )
    Holy. Freaking. Crap.

thebluekid, I think you just earned yourself an entire bakery of cookies. And I mean big ones.

This movie looks pretty intense, and I think it will definetly follow the storyline, as M. Night Sham-Wow-Commercial said that the story was one of his favorite parts of the T.V. Series. Appa does impress me, and I'm supprised they even allowed a glimpse of him before the movie's release. Seems like one of those things that they'd wanna keep secret. And I'm so excited now that we've seen all four types of bending. And we even got to see the Avatar State! (Aang...open your eyes) I was digging that music in the background, but what really caught my attention was: Was that supposed to be Avatar Roku's voice speaking? Sounds like him, and it sounds like something he would say:

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Roku(?)
    You are the only one of your kind. The last hope for peace in a world consumed by darkness.
    Alright guys, I'm actually getting pretty tired of the one-lining. Next time I see it happen, I'm gonna have to take action, as it has now been added to the rules.

Hey people, remember about the one-liners...I'm seeing a lot of them and I do not want this club to be shut down! D: a.k.a closed. :c that would be very sad.

What Avatar: The Last Airbender merchandise do you own? And is there any merch you're planning on getting?

I do not have any merchandise [my friend has all of the seasons on DVD though c:] so I am stealing Mr. Joker's idea of getting an Appa plush. I want a small one, though. :3 Appa's so awesome! =D

It's interesting how there's a lot of Fire and Water nation members here...maybe we should have contests or something, fire vs. water? Like graphic contests [to get more banners!] or something...hmm...I don't know. What do you guys think?

~riolulu

Alright, second time typing is a charm.

Trainmaster718 - *high fives* For the awesome M. Night ShamagogogadgetLastAirbender. I get a whole bakery?!?! *shares with the club* I name it... Four Nation Buffet. I am SO cheesey. (Unless someone else has a better name. Feel free to speak up.) As for Appa, he sort of is hidden, I didn't get to see him much, and only in the corner. In the lower res version, you had to actually look for him a bit. I didn't see him until I over-analyzed everything. And to the Roku part... I didn't put that together. It very well could be, he sounds like he'd be good for it. And something just came to mind... You are the clubs Avatar... Do you belong to the Air Nomads? Or another nation?

Riolulu ~ Long time no see (I think). Just a little one? Tsk tsk tsk. Forget the plush, I want a genetically engineered Appa. That can fly. Full size. As for contests... My computer art skills are slowly getting better, but not good enough for contests yet... <.<

Mr. Joker - In the video I linked to earlier that showed Suki, she wasn't wearing make-up. *puts on psychiatrist glasses* How does this make you feel? And I haven't heard anything about Momo yet... I'm nervous about that one.

On the trailer: The scenery looks very true to the cartoon/anime, which is brilliant. You see Aang and Appa breaking out of the ice ball, which looks pretty cool and all. Sokka doesn't look as bad anymore, and Katara looks... Well, Katara-like. Appa looks like the cute ball of fur that he should. The bending looks... AMAZING. Sand benders already now? They got Aang's clothes down pretty much, and the odd angles that he dodges things is even shown. The Water Bending looks the best IMO. I'm hoping that the Avatar state works out well. EDIT: Hoooold everything! I've got some s-s-spectacular news! (Not really). After watching the trailer three more times, I noticed a large chunk of it takes place at the Poles (no surprises.) What I didn't notice was that the Water Bending Master is shown doing the almost-octopus thing. Thoughts on him maybe? I'm pretty sure the first shot you see is them arriving at that pole. Also, what are Aang and (Sokka?) doing standing behind the Fire Bender attacking the Earth Bender?

As for the channel that I got all this from, kudos to them for getting it to us.
    Last edited by thebluekid; 5th February 2010 at 4:33 AM.

My safari has Ivysaur!

Quote Originally Posted by riolulu View Post
    It's interesting how there's a lot of Fire and Water nation members here...maybe we should have contests or something, fire vs. water? Like graphic contests [to get more banners!] or something...hmm...I don't know. What do you guys think?
    I like that idea. We should wait until we get a couple more members, though, since very few of the ones we have just joined and never posted again. [Major Disappointment]

Trainmaster718 - *high fives* For the awesome M. Night ShamagogogadgetLastAirbender. I get a whole bakery?!?! *shares with the club* I name it... Four Nation Buffet. I am SO cheesey. (Unless someone else has a better name. Feel free to speak up.) As for Appa, he sort of is hidden, I didn't get to see him much, and only in the corner. In the lower res version, you had to actually look for him a bit. I didn't see him until I over-analyzed everything. And to the Roku part... I didn't put that together. It very well could be, he sounds like he'd be good for it. And something just came to mind... You are the clubs Avatar... Do you belong to the Air Nomads? Or another nation?
    Yes, you get the whole bakery. I like The Four Nation Buffet. It fits the club nicely. If I had to choose a nation, I'd be in the Water Tribe or Air Nomads. Both are such peacful people and I love water and air alike. And just so you know, I didn't want to be the Avatar, but it was the only thing that made sense, because there couldn't be one nation leader without the others...

Well now that I think about it, I might just change things around a little bit. I could create a ranking system, and let those who post the most rank up to be the leader of their nation. That could certainly get me out of being the Avatar. But what do you guys think?

Also, what are Aang and (Sokka?) doing standing behind the Fire Bender attacking the Earth Bender?
    I imagine that the Fire Bender (definetly not Zuko) was harrassing the Earth Bender (Haru/Haru's father?) and Aang and Sokka were standing behind to watch him carfully. I was also caught off-gaurd by the Sandbending already, and I found it odd that the Firebender pulled the fire out of that big pot-thing. What if they make it so that Firebenders and Earthbenders must be around their elements all the time similar to Waterbenders? That wouldn't be cool at all. Look at the senery at that part in the video (0:13); it seems to be in some sort of campsite or something.

Ooh and before I forget! Look at (0:08)!!! It looks to be a complete remake of this scene from the first episode:

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/k6u6f.jpg[/IMG]

Mr. Joker - In the video I linked to earlier that showed Suki, she wasn't wearing make-up. *puts on psychiatrist glasses* How does this make you feel? And I haven't heard anything about Momo yet... I'm nervous about that one.
    WAIT WHAT, WHEN?!?!

But what do you guys think?
    Clubs that have ranking systems tend to go down hill pretty fast, but I guess I would be okay with it.

I was last night about writing a one-shot about an Earth Kingdom Village being taken over by the Fire Nation. What about a FanFiction contest?!

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast