Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1830

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club

wow! I thought this page would have blown up with Korra being out.
    Anyway, the series is really cool thus far. Music is great, I like the artwork, pro bending seems like it will be a cool side thing, and it has solid humor. I'm looking forward to finding out more on the equalist.

I think it hasn't exploded because pretty much all of us here saw the first two episodes when they were on Korra Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    I think it hasn't exploded because pretty much all of us here saw the first two episodes when they were on Korra Nation.
    That's very true but I've been wondering who the leader will actually be maybe bumi?

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Alright, Korra's been out in the United States for a couple of days now, so I'm going to go ahead and start the speculating!

This is a frame of Ozai losing his Firebending as Aang uses Energybending to remove it:

And this is a frame of Tahno (an upcoming character) shown in a trailer for The Legend of Korra. The hand on her head is Amon's.

Amon can be heard saying "No bender is safe." and "The era of bending is over."
    Thoughts on Amon being an Energybender?
    Keep in mind that it was never stated that one had to be an Avatar to Energybend, nor was it ever stated that they had to be a good person, just that they had to have a spirit that was un-bendable.

That's actually pretty frakking scary. And it was never stated that one had to be a bender of one of the four elements to energybend either, thus not throwing out Amon as Bumi's alias. Plus, with Amon being an energybender, he is a hypocrite.

Its also very true BUmi could have learned the techniques from his father aang

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Interesting thought, but I'm not good at speculating (I'm no fan of it either).

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    Alright, Korra's been out in the United States for a couple of days now, so I'm going to go ahead and start the speculating!

This is a frame of Ozai losing his Firebending as Aang uses Energybending to remove it:

And this is a frame of Tahno (an upcoming character) shown in a trailer for The Legend of Korra. The hand on her head is Amon's.

Amon can be heard saying "No bender is safe." and "The era of bending is over."
    Thoughts on Amon being an Energybender?
    Keep in mind that it was never stated that one had to be an Avatar to Energybend, nor was it ever stated that they had to be a good person, just that they had to have a spirit that was un-bendable.
    That's a pretty good speculation. I was thinking something along those lines but couldn't find anything to justify it.

I'm psyched for the 3rd episode.
    Tamer's Archives
    A Pokemon fic. Chapter 4 is up [1/25/11]

Heroic Potential
    A Yugioh! fic. Chapter 20 is up [12/14/13]
    ~Back from the dead!~
    No knowledge of the game is required to enjoy this fic!

Can I join (Well, Rejoin) as Water Tribe (You should ttly add Republic City as one of the options , or whatever the country Republic City is in is called)

So...Third episode aired!

Amon is a confirmed Energy Bender, although without the big light show of when Aang energybent. He says he was from a nonbending family and that they were killed and his face was burned, so, while its possible he's lying to rally support, I will, for the moment, believe that.

Korra isn't particularly powerful compared to the chi-blockers, and there are no Kataras around to open chi gates, so I wonder how that's gonna go. Perhaps she'll learn to move at their speed and agility as she becomes a better Airbender.

I think Tenzin will probably have to fight soon, after the Revelation. I wonder how Meelo/Ikki/Jinora are gonna be handled, since they're benders too, and a rare kind, as well, on top of that, they're the children of a powerful figure.

I'm also interested in how Republic City interracts with the four nations, cause the Anti-Bender Rebellion invariably affects them as well.

And I'm sure Korra will actually meet some spirits some time, bridge between the worlds and all that.

And bleh. I wish Korra would use less Firebending. I don't like firebending. I wanna see more water. Plus, Mako is a firebender..

And preview for Ep 4: Korra gets captured by the Rebellion. It makes it look like he could easily take her bending away. I think, at best, her spirit would be unbendable. Or, he'd know that and wouldn't try. I doubt he would pass up the chance if he knew he could pull it off, though. (Unless she gets saved)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I have that effect on most men for some reason. no wonder i've been feeling lesbian lately >.>

I would love to join!
    Username: Rayce
    Nation: Air Nomads

I saw the first episode of Legend of Korra, and I love all the connections being made! Toph's Metal-Bending and Katara as a Water-Master (and still alive, just like Gran Gran!)
    I also really love the competitive bending as a sport! It looks so sweet and fun!

So who do you guys think taught Amon energy bending my bets on KO since they mentioned it was a spirit

|||||||
    Credit to Blues

My Bet is on Koh as well. He's the devious sort and wants to test the Avatar? Lovin the new episodes though. And the Music! I love how everything has evolved from the previous books.
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

Welcome to the club, rotrum and Rayce! I'll add you to your respective lists immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by rotrum View Post
    Amon is a confirmed Energy Bender, although without the big light show of when Aang energybent. He says he was from a nonbending family and that they were killed and his face was burned, so, while its possible he's lying to rally support, I will, for the moment, believe that.
    Totally called it, though they made it painfully obvious. Also, I chose to believe that Amon's story of growing up on a farm and losing his face, because I seriously don't like the idea of Aang's son being the bad guy like everybody else is claiming. That would just be cliche and I'd probably lose a little respect for the writers.

I think Tenzin will probably have to fight soon, after the Revelation. I wonder how Meelo/Ikki/Jinora are gonna be handled, since they're benders too, and a rare kind, as well, on top of that, they're the children of a powerful figure.
    I predict a kidnapping in the future.

I'm also interested in how Republic City interracts with the four nations, cause the Anti-Bender Rebellion invariably affects them as well.
    I'm not entirely sure where I heard this, but I could have sworn I read somewhere that we'd see the world outside of Republic City more in the second season. Again, don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    So who do you guys think taught Amon energy bending my bets on KO since they mentioned it was a spirit
    It would be a great time to introduce a new spirit character to the series, maybe one who just wants chaos in the mortal world?

Club Stuff:
    I'm looking into getting some Korra banners made in one final attempt to get some of you to promote our club. Any characters you'd like to see? (Other than Korra)

Hi! I have been searching for a link to watch ep.3 of Korra but I can't find it can someone help me?
    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club! Comes is AMAZING !

Check on Youtube: Homestuck - City is Ours For sure you will like it

Quote Originally Posted by shinyponita View Post
    Hi! I have been searching for a link to watch ep.3 of Korra but I can't find it can someone help me?
    http://www.watchcartoononline.com/av...the-revelation

and I'd love to see some of Toph

|||||||
    Credit to Blues

I'd like to join,

User:MetalFlygon08 (MF08 for short)
    Earth Kingdom:Sturdy as a Mountain Range.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Hey uh since i know korra is also avatar..... i just thought i would check here before i did this....is it ok if i make a legend of korra club?
    Wassup

I want to see metal bending at it's best, we really didn't get to see it with toph. I really hope Lin Befong has a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    I want to see metal bending at it's best, we really didn't get to see it with toph. I really hope Lin Befong has a fight.
    The metal wire benders when they arrested korra were so sick. I, too, hope they expand on the metal bending; my favorite example was in the final episode when toph put on the metal armor before invading the fire nation airship

Oh, I'd like to join this club if I may. I Love Avatar, and I'm loving Korra.

Oh, and Amon is a hypocrite...He lies to the nonbenders saying that bending will come to an end, but he's a bender himself! UGH, hypocrite~!

First, I'd like to welcome all new friends to our club! I knew Korra would gain us some active members!

Important Club News:
    •As you may have noticed, we are no longer "The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club." Our new title is "Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club"
    •I have added another option to the list of nations members of this club can join. Republic City is now open to newcomers and old members alike!
    •I'll soon be removing most of the sig banners from the first post. Most of them aren't used and I want to make space for the upcoming Korra ones.
    •It's getting to be about that time...time for another member cleanup. When I get the time, I'll be removing any and all members who haven't posted in the club in a month or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    First, I'd like to welcome all new friends to our club! I knew Korra would gain us some active members!

Important Club News:
    •As you may have noticed, we are no longer "The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club." Our new title is "Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra Club"
    •I have added another option to the list of nations members of this club can join. Republic City is now open to newcomers and old members alike!
    •I'll soon be removing most of the sig banners from the first post. Most of them aren't used and I want to make space for the upcoming Korra ones.
    •It's getting to be about that time...time for another member cleanup. When I get the time, I'll be removing any and all members who haven't posted in the club in a month or longer.
    No way I'm leaving the Fire Nation =D

Anyways, I'm wondering: Do you guys prefer the Korra series above Aangs?

Since we've seen a bit of Korra, I think you can start with the comparisons by now. I love Korra, but to be honest, I love Aangs series more.

I'll explain:
    In TLA Aang was always travelling and fleeing from the Fire Nation, he was a wanted person. I kinda miss that in Korra. The world has changed, so it isn't a big deal, but I still miss it.

What I really miss in Korra at this moment is a real enemy. The leader of the Revolution, Amon is an enemy, but he feels distant, like Ozai. I miss someone who has the role of Zuko, who was always trying to defeat Aang straight away.

However, I hope that there will be a good ammount of the tournament, since I really love it how it's done, and a bit of fun would be awesome as well.

I probably spent way to less time to create a good comparison, but these are some points. Do you guys prefer Korra or Aang, and can you say why?

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

The metal bending police made me think of spiderman real bad
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    thanks ^^

I have already seen episode 4 ...and it was me or at the end they really showed sokka and toph, and i think aang too but older?
    The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club! Comes is AMAZING !

Check on Youtube: Homestuck - City is Ours For sure you will like it

Just got caught up. Is anyone else digging on all the smaller aspects they've blown up? I'm really loving the Chii-blockers. Amon really seems to be what he says, he is a very skilled fighter. The only thing I don't get is why Amon didnt remove Korra when he had the chance; wouldn't that weaken Republic City's moral?

Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast