Page 194 of 234 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 5848

Thread: The Egg House Records

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Kaisap your egg snaps open as a Female Sandile crawls out and stares at you with a toothy grin. She soon scurries over to you and wraps her arms and legs around your leg as if to give a hug to you.
    Oh hello there! Um...I've got this Pokéball [2/10] here for whenever she'll let go of my leg, so...thank you. *walks out awkwardly with a Sandile stuck on her leg*

Two weeks later...

Levin greets Stark once again, ready to choose his next Egg. Alongside the man is a Growlithe, his faithful guardian and friend - the miracle hatchling that had been born in this very shop two weeks before.

They approach the counter and Levin pulls out a small notebook from his pocket. Skimming through the pages, he stops at the last one and runs his eyes by the numbers again. This was a curious situation to be in; he'd almost completed his list of targets. Those that remain are, for the most part, unrealistically difficult to hatch without special Passes... but of the more feasible goals, only one remains. He puts the notebook away and makes his request.

---

I'd like to pick up a Flying Storm Egg, please.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 30th October 2013 at 2:31 AM.

DaveTheFishGuy is confirmed to hatch a Ghost Mystery Egg on Thursday October 31st 2013
    The doors to the Egg House swung open. However, due to the specific date, they did so with a pronounced, overly-dramatic creak of the hinges, sounding like the front doors to a derelict mansion inhabited by ghouls and spectres. Stepping through, the trainer eyed them suspiciously. Surely the events of today were full of cliché already? Rolling his eyes, Dave stepped into the building, clutching the Egg he had obtained last week, his perpetually-nervous Trapinch riding on his shoulder. Halfway to the counter, the human stopped, looking around before sighing in exasperation. "Death! Show yourself!"

On cue, the Duskull phased through a nearby skirting board, approaching his trainer as his single eye waved back and forth behind his mask-like face. YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT I PREFER TO STAY IN THE SHADOWS. the dull voice echoed around the room, sounding like slates falling from a church roof. THOUGH I SUPPOSE BEING CLOSER WOULD NOT HURT. he continued, in answer to Dave's narrowed eye.

"Just remember that I'm mostly doing this to help you." the fisherman replied, stepping up to the counter and placing the now-trembling egg atop it, watching how cracks spread across its surface, a hint of shadow threatening to spill out along the fault lines. "Let's see who'll be crossing over, this All Hallows' Eve..."

Last egg hatch.

Alright, it's my birthday in a week, so I'd like to collect a Water Glacier Egg in preperation to celebrate!

MarbleZone is confirmed to hatch a Flying Storm Egg on Wednesday November 6th 2013
    LucarioArtcunoSuicinLover is confirmed to hatch a Water Glacier Egg on Thursday November 7th 2013

DaveTheFishGuy
    your egg continues to tremble as the cracks in it widen and shadows spew forth until finally you find yourself face to face with a Male Yamask that seems to stare at you sadly while tears roll from its mask.

DaveTheFishGuy your egg continues to tremble as the cracks in it widen and shadows spew forth until finally you find yourself face to face with a Male Yamask that seems to stare at you sadly while tears roll from its mask.
    A peal of thunder burst from outside, Psychotropic Weather adding to the atmosphere. Almost in slow motion, the cracks consumed the eggs before the shards exploded outward. Dave stepped back, making to shield himself and Rincewind from the hail of eggshell, but after travelling about a foot from the surface of the sphere they stopped, hanging in exploded formation for a second before falling to the counter. Looking back at what remained of the egg, the fisherman regarded an orb of purest black before it started twitching. Slowly, two long arms unfurled to each side, while a small head with wide red eyes raised itself. Below that, a golden mask hung on the creature's spindly body.

"...huh." exhaled Dave. Part of him had been expecting either the tentacles of a Frillish or the rainbow stare of a Shuppet, which seemed to be common fare for trainers hatching Ghost-type eggs, but this... he didn't even know what this Pokémon was. His interest instantly piqued, he slid his PokéDex from his back pocket, unfolding it to scan the creature. "Let's get a look at you, shall we?"

"Yamask, the Spirit Pokémon. Ghost-type. These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry." the machine whirred. Something in Dave's gut wrenched at the tragic explanation given in such a matter-of-fact voice. He really needed to upgrade his 'Dex. Looking back at the hatchling, he could see that indeed its huge eyes had a sad look to them, wobbling like the eyes of an upset child before tears started to pour from them. Speaking of tears... on closer inspection the golden mask held beneath the Yamask's body seemed to be crying itself. Talk about creepy...

Before he could move to greet and comfort the newborn, his other Ghost swooped in with uncharacteristic speed. Death inspected the other ghoul, hovering as he circled him, his face never leaving Yamask. HMM, YES. he mumbled, with the sound of a stone coffin being dragged closed. FASCINATING. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THIS SOUL HAS ONLY RECENTLY TRANSFERRED FROM THE LIVING WORLD, SPENDING MINIMAL TIME IN THE AFTERLIFE BEFORE BEING REBORN IN THIS FORM. MOST INTERESTING, THIS SHALL ASSIST MY STUDIES NO END. The Requiem Pokémon stopped his analysis as the tears from the golden mask intensified, Yamask hugging it to his body as it appeared even more upset. Turning, Death saw that his trainer was also unimpressed, and instantly backed off, folding his arms behind his back. BUT ALL THAT CAN WAIT, OF COURSE. he added. If he could move his face, Dave almost thought he looked sheepish.

Stepping up, he extended a hand to try to give the young spectre a reassuring pat, but he found that his appendage simply passed through the creature, chilling his hand to the bone as Yamask recoiled, not exactly fond of the sensation himself. "Sorry!" the trainer exclaimed, withdrawing his hand before trying again, this time placing it on the golden face below, rubbing it gently. It was wet with tears, but he tried not to think about that, and Yamask actually seemed to prefer that. "Hello, Yamask. I'm Dave, looks like I'm your trainer." he said, introducing himself. "You've met Death, sorry about him, and this is-- Rincewind!" At his name, the Trapinch stuck his head out of his trainer's shirt, looked at the Ghost-type before him, and withdrew. "Yeah, that's him, he's a bit scared though." Dave explained, earning what sounded like a small laugh from the Spirit. "I'm not sure what you've been through. Can't say I'm that in the know when it comes to Pokémon like you, but I know a few people who can help us figure out what's up. In the meantime, come along with us, eh?"

That seemed to have done the trick, almost a smile playing at the corners for the ghoul's mouth before he timidly nodded. "Good. And hey, would you look at that. I just picked this up today!" Dave replied, pulling a Mummy Ball from his bag. "Fitting, wouldn't you say? Come along, Dios. Welcome to the team." At that, the Yamask grabbed his mask, thrusting it forward to tap against the button in the middle of the customised ball. Strange energy poured out, giving the impression of bandages wrapping up the young Ghost and pulling him inside. The orb closed, shaking only slightly before giving out a satisfying 'PING!'. Dave smiled at the device, nodded at the attendant for his help, and turned to leave the Egg House. "Give him some space before you examine him again, alright?" he muttered to the Duskull at his side. "He's not just your test subject, and if what you said is true he needs time to acclimatise to what he is now." Death nodded, phasing through the closed door as Dave pushed the other one open, walking out into the Hallowe'en evening.

lilbluecorsola your egg cracks open and you notice a rather familiar set of striped fur pop out onto the counter. The Female Zigzagoon scurries up to you and begins to rub alongside your leg. Seems she likes you.
    Well hello there. You certainly remind me of someone...

: *ears perk up*

: *peeks out from behind Jess's leg*

: *wags tail in excitement* Papa! Mama! 83

: *blinks and points a paw at herself* o.o;?

: Yes! You have stripes too, so you must be my mommy and daddy! <3

: *blushes and glances around in embarrassment* Me? A m-m-mom? And K-Kief is... -O.O- *can't process*

: *falls on the floor laughing in the background*

: *has no idea what's going on, but grins in agreement*

Well, looks like we have ourselves a little family-building moment. Picking up this girl in a Poké Ball (5 of 10). Come on, guys. ...Kan? You okay? *waves a hand in front of a motionless Furret's face* ...I think the shock was too much for her to handle. ^^; *gently lifts her and carries out the door, with Kief and a giggling Minchi trailing after*

OkikuMew is confirmed to hatch a Grass Nature Egg on Saturday November 2nd 2013
    Ooo, my egg is all wrapped up in vines now! I guess it's ready to hatch! A bit of assistance, please?

myahoo is confirmed to hatch a Dark Mystery Egg on Saturday November 2nd 2013
    Well, this little one seems a bit ominous...How 'bout we let it out before it does something...well, something?

Myrrh is confirmed to hatch a Mystery Egg on Saturday November 2nd 2013
    I'm pretty sure this thing is ready to hatch now, but I never solve mysteries correctly. Help me please.

OkikuMew your egg cracks open and soon explodes into a cloud of cotton. Sitting before you is a Female Cottonee who blinks twice at you before rolling(?) over and somehow attaching herself to your clothes.

myahoo your egg breaks apart to reveal a Male Sandile who leaps off the counter and begins scurrying around the shop while snapping his jaws at everything that moves.

Myrrh your egg seems to rattle and hum until finally it cracks open to reveal a Genderless Bronzor staring back at you as if trying to mirror you.

OkikuMew your egg cracks open and soon explodes into a cloud of cotton. Sitting before you is a Female Cottonee who blinks twice at you before rolling(?) over and somehow attaching herself to your clothes.
    Awhawww, aren't you a bundle of fluffy cuteness? I'm not quite sure I'll do with you, but for now you'll be hanging around with me and I'll be putting you in this Pokéball (10th out of 30) ^^ Thanks for the hatching help!

Myrrh your egg seems to rattle and hum until finally it cracks open to reveal a Genderless Bronzor staring back at you as if trying to mirror you.
        Spoiler:- placeholder text:

Placing Bronzor in this Pokeball 6/10 of set

uhhhhh you hear a pecking from within your egg before a beak finally emerges followed by the rest of a Male Spearow who stomps along the top of the counter looking warily around the room. You might want to take him before he decides this place is his territory and starts attacking everyone.
    Whoops. I... think he already did, considering how late I'm picking him up right now. ^^;

Taking him in in this Pokeball (22/100) with the 21st used here. Thanks!

Arc Angel is confirmed to hatch a Water Glacier Egg on Monday November 4th 2013
    Would you mind hatching this for me please?

Arc Angel your egg shakes a bit on the counter before it explodes in a rather impressive burst of water. Once things settle down and your eyes adjust you notice a Male Magikarp flopping helplessly on the counter.

MarbleZone is confirmed to hatch a Flying Storm Egg on Wednesday November 6th 2013
    Hey Stark, is there still any magic left in your fingers after Okiku's and Arc's hatches? Care to rub some on this one? :P

MarbleZone your egg cracks and you begin to see a pair of fluffy wings break through. Before you know it a Female Swablu flaps up into the air where it lands on your head and curls up almost like a hat.

Arc Angel your egg shakes a bit on the counter before it explodes in a rather impressive burst of water. Once things settle down and your eyes adjust you notice a Male Magikarp flopping helplessly on the counter.
    Putting him in this Pokeball (No. 4 of 20 used). No 3 was used here before he suffers any lasting damage

LucarioArtcunoSuicinLover is confirmed to hatch a Water Glacier Egg on Thursday November 7th 2013
    [B]
    El burst on through the front door as soon as the Egg House opened, covered in little bits of confetti. She had a Shellos in her hair, a Ditto around her neck -- though it looked like an Ekans and a Dratini -- and a Spearow on her shoulder. By her feet was a mass of quadrupeds; Her Purrloin, Poochyena, Bidoof, and Eevee. Her Wingull zipped in behind her, barely slipping in before the door closed right on the face of Nikki the shiny Gibble. The little dragon was less than pleased by this and reactivly started ramming face-first into the door in an attemp to get it open. The banging caught El's attention, but her arms were full so she couldn't really help and was reduced to looking for someone to pull the door open. Fortunately, her Scyther, Spirit came along into view and used his bigger mass to push the door open with ease, albeit with minor damage to the frame.

He and the rest of the Pokémon who hadn't quite made it came flowing in. First was Nikki, who rushed up to her trainer's leg despite Lucy going on another of her rants to give a great big hug. Then came Beryllium, the little Shroomish perfectly fine with heading straight for the quietest corner. Just as Spirit was taking his first steps in, Livermorium rolled on in much faster than was necessarily safe for a spicky steel ball to go. Everyone screamed and scattered away from his path, giving him a clear shot at the back wall where he collided with a thud.

In all the commotion, nobody noticed that Spirit had a little wagon tied to him, filled with a shallow pool of water and one rather distressed looking Seel.

"Hi!" El splurted quickly, hoping to distract the aide from the tracks Livermorium had left in the floor. "Do you know what day it is? Neither do I! I just woke up and it felt special so I decided to go out with all my Pokémon but then I went into my kitchen and there was cake! A lot of cake! So much cake!" As El started to go on about the cakes, Squishy turned a rather dashing shade of magenta, which went completely ignored by everyone else. "So we all shared it which was probably pretty dumb in retrospect because who knows how it got there or who made it but cake! And I got to make a bunch of observations too like did you know how much cake a Wingull can eat before it starts to feel lethargic from too much food and how long it takes to digest said cake to go ack for more? Neither did I! But I do now and lemme tell ya that it's a surprising amount of cake and surprisingly little time Chip probably ate as much as Spirit did! In fact, the only reason they stopped was because we ran out of cake and it's a little hard to eat cake when you don't have any."

On and on El went, taking more tangets about cake than what should have been legal. It took her a full fifteen minutes to remember why she was at the Egg House, which was either sad or surprising, considering the Egg in her arms that had prevented her from helping Nikki earlier.

((Hatching my real-life birthday Water Glacier Egg. Hopefully I don't have quite this much sugar during celebrations.))

LucarioArtcunoSuicinLover your egg shakes a bit before the top explodes off and a small Female Mantyke flies out circling the room above you as it looks at all of the pokemon accompanying you before finally flying down and wrapping itself around your face in a big hug. Happy Birthday!

LucarioArtcunoSuicinLover your egg shakes a bit before the top explodes off and a small Female Mantyke flies out circling the room above you as it looks at all of the pokemon accompanying you before finally flying down and wrapping itself around your face in a big hug. Happy Birthday!
    El's face would have burst into a great big smile where it not already so due to a cake-related high. She watched in awe as the little Kite Pokémon flew about the room with a cheerful smile and a curious eye. The rest of El's team returned the curiosity with varying levels of snarkiness and puns.

"Hello to you all too!" The newly-hatched Pokémon called out to the others, willfully passing off any unpleasant comments as her mishearing everything due to the noise. "Who is this?" she asked as she passed right over El's begoggled head.

"Trainer!" came an almost anonymous unanimous cry. One said "friend," one said "partner," one said "warm," and one particularly annoying voice started to go on a rant about Waterstones, only to be quickly silenced by an Icebeam from Justin.

"Is she nice?" The Mantyke asked, quickly met by a chorus of replies.

"Gives me food," Spirit stated.

"Saved me," Beryllium muttered from her corner.

"Saved my life," Sparow added.

"She likes my jokes!" Livermorium cheered as he wedged himself free.

"No, she doesn't understand them. She's too smart for dumb puns." The voice was hard to pinpoint, but it did coincide with squishy dripping down of El's shoulders abnd onto the ground. It shifted into a Charmander to stare down the seed, but forgot the tail flame and exact shade of orange.

"Just because she reads a lot of books doesn't mean she's smart. I've been hiding a coin a day for the past month and she hasn't even noticed!" Colm puffed himself up and closed his eyes, but couldn't help sneaking them back open in anticipation of an awed reaction.

"So you're the culprit behind that! Rallen!"

The Poochyena barked and started to growl at Colm. "How dare you! I always knew you were bad news!"

"Please don't start a fight Merri, she leaves them out to make him feel better." The rest of the team looked up at Sparow. While they were expecting a good pregnant pause as everyone took in what Sparow had said and whether Colm would react, they instead were dumbfounded by the fact that El was apparently trying to use the Mantyke as a mask.

"Fishfriend!" El called out, and the rest of her team instantly stared hoping that wasn't the name their new teammate was going to be saddled with.

"Humanfriend!" the Mantyke returned in kind with a cheerful giggle. El temporarily removed the Pokémon from her face so she could grab a Pokéball for her to reside in. As she did so, Lucy finally freed herself from her icy muzzle, glaring daggers over at Sparow.

"I reckon you better watch your tailfeathers there, birdbrain, you wouldn't want to be replaced by a fish, would you?"

Sparow just looked back at her trainer and let herself join in the joy. The human had finally found an appropriate ball, a Dive Ball to be specific. In the Mantyke went, and came right back out again.

"It went flash!" Exclaimed Hopkins.

"They all do, you dumb slug," Michelle grumbled.

"I think it's cool!" Nikki said in defence.

"That tickled!" was all the Mantyke had to add.

"Hey, hey," El said in a sharp tone of voice, "You guys know what sounds like fun? The beach!" Sparow gave El a firm but gentle peck on her jaw with a dissaproving squark. "But Sparow, I don't need to go in! I can just sit in the sand and make sandcastles and eat icecream! Icecream!"

"Easy enough for you to say, being able to digest the stuff."

"Aww, don't worry girl, I can get you an icypole! Cherri, of course." Sparow instantly warmed up to the idea and happily let El stroke her head. Backpack on back and a small hoard of Pokémon on her trail, El set off towards the beach, ready to make the most of whatever else the day had to throw at her.

MarbleZone your egg cracks and you begin to see a pair of fluffy wings break through. Before you know it a Female Swablu flaps up into the air where it lands on your head and curls up almost like a hat.
    Oh well, can't win them all! You'd be a sure keeper love, but I already have one just like you... Still, I found you a good home!

Using Pokeball 6/20 (last one used)

OOC: Link to the last Egg I hatched, which was two weeks ago today.

POOF! In the midst of the Egg House, a Pokémon Trainer materialized out of thin air. Teleport as a means of transportation, however, was far from unheard of, so few heads were turned by this. However, the distinct lack of any Psychic-types near the trainer, that caught a bit of attention. Indeed, Keith Masters had only his Meowth on his shoulder, and a Qwilfish held carefully in one hand, who he returned to its Poké Ball at that point.

"Heh," Keith chuckled as he approached the counter, taking note of the curious looks. "I tell you, Meowth, using Hebenon's Teleport to travel, it never gets old. You don't get to enjoy the ride for long, like when we're riding Salazar or Vernon, but the looks I get... you know?"

"Yeah," Meowth nodded. "I see wat ya mean." The fact that this Meowth was talking in English, and in the same accent of that Meowth on TV, no less, that caught even more attention. Of course, Keith and Meowth were hardly new customers in the Egg House, so most of the regular patrons were no longer surprised by a talking Meowth or a Teleporting Qwilfish.

"Alright," Keith stated as he got to the counter. "I'm thinking for this week I'll take a- what is it?" he asked, noticing the look on the Egg House employee's face.

"OK, I don't wanna freak you out, but a Haunter just appeared right behind you," the man whispered, his voice shaking.

Keith sighed, a small grin forming on his face. "Chuck," he said, "stop scaring the poor guy, alright?"

The Haunter chuckled as he floated around Keith. "Alright, I suppose I can stop," replied Chuck. "I wasn't even going for actual fear, though- a startled reaction every now and again, that hardly seems too much to ask, now does it?"

"Sounds reasonable to me," Keith shrugged. "Alright, now, as for this week's Egg... Poison sound OK to you guys?"

"Works for me," smiled the Haunter.

"Go fer it," added Meowth.

"Alright, then, let's do this," Keith said to the Egg House employee, who wordlessly handed the 23-year-old Poison-type trainer a Poison Nature Egg. Keith accepted the Egg, thanked the man, then turned around and walked out- he'd walk back to his Secret Base this time, rather than have Hebenon Teleport him back.

*Keith received the Poison Nature Egg!*

Page 194 of 234 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast