Page 203 of 234 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 5848

Thread: The Egg House Records

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    DaveTheFishGuy your egg begins to stink as fumes can be seen leaking out of cracks. Soon those cracks widen and you find yourself face to face with a Male Croagunk who puffs up his cheeks and starts to jab at you and your Ekans.
    Typical for Poison eggs, the cracks in the shell began to leak foul-smelling gasses. Dave coughed slightly, stepping back as Bolas extended out, keeping his head in place, unfettered by the poisons. After a few seconds, the shell burst apart to reveal... "No way." the trainer whispered, regarding the small, bipedal figure that had emerged, unfolding its limbs. His mouth fell open as he recalled why he was hunting for this species in the first place.

"But, Master Wake, why Croagunk?" asked a small boy, no more than 8 years of age. "The Marsh is full of Water-types, and you're Sinnoh's Water Gym Leader. Surely the mascot of the city should be... uh... Quagsire or something."

He was addressing an older man, perhaps in his late twenties, clad in wrestling garb. Well-defined muscles stood out on his exposed torso, while bright spandex leggings indicated that he practised a rather flamboyant sport, as did the luchador mask obscuring his face. Crasher Wake chuckled slightly, this being far from the first time he had to field this question from an inquisitive youngster. "Things are not always so clear-cut, young one." he replied, turning to lock the door of the Pastoria City Gym after another successful defence of the Fen Badge. "More than just Water-types find their home in the Great Marsh, after all."

The child nodded. "One time, I saw a Tropius, but it noticed me and flew off and no-one believed me." he responded, quietly, the memories of being labled a fibber still sore in his young mind. The Gym Leader laughed again.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you did. Tropius have been known to make their nests in the Marsh, but are experts at camouflage among the trees." he replied, having seen far stranger sights during his time. "But yes, Water-types are far more common, and that is why the Water Gym was founded here. But if it weren't for Croagunk, our great City would never have been founded at all!"

The youngster was instantly entranced by staple luchador dramatics, his eyes widening. "Why, what did the Croagunk do?" he asked, his interest now definitely piqued.

A wry smile appeared on the exposed part of the wrestler's face. "The exact details are lost in time. But the story goes that the area that is now Pastoria City was once just as wild as the very depths of the Great Marsh. The early settlers found it tough to survive. This was in a time where Pokémon were befriended, not captured. In this area, even the elements were against them, and they struggled to cope to build and maintain the fledgling Pastoria in the wetland." the Gym Leader elaborated, the look of wonder on the child's face building. "But one day, a small group of Croagunk came into the town. They brought food, Berries they had found in the Marsh. They helped, using their great strength and Fighting-type endurance to build houses and move heavy loads. All they seemed to want in payment was training. You know that Croagunk aren't the biggest creatures, but they love to fight. They got all their satisfaction from sparring with the people of the town. Over time, the town expanded into the city you know now. No-one thinks it would have been possible without the help of the Croagunk."

"And that's why Croagunk is Pastoria City's mascot?" the boy asked.

"Indeed. And they never left. Oh sure, the wild ones mostly live in the Marsh, but most households have a resident Croagunk, for company and entertainment more than anything else." Wake concluded. "I know your home doesn't have one, despite how often I've suggested it to your father."

"Dad doesn't like Pokémon in the house." replied the child, quietly.

"I know. I blame myself for that. But that's another story. Come on, let's get you home." the wrestler replied, starting to make the short walk to his charge's house, while the boy pondered in silence.

"Master Wake?" the silence broke. "When I'm old enough and get my own Pokémon, I'm going to find my own Croagunk. That way, I'll feel like part of Pastoria is always with me, even when I'm far from home."

Crasher Wake chuckled lowly again, stopping to kneel down to the lad's own height, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You are a child of the Marsh, David. Pastoria will always be with you. I hear your fishing skills are improving every day, and I have no doubt that you will eventually become a great trainer. And if a Croagunk should find its way to you, I hope you will realise that the Great Marsh has sent its blessing."

David's face split into a large grin, nodding at his mentor in reply. "Thank you, Master Wake. I'll try not to let you down."
    Back in the here and now, Dave blinked alert. His new hatchling was also with it, his cheek-pouches puffing up to make himself look bigger as he threw a few feint jabs at the beings before him. Bolas hissed in response, expertly weaving his head to dodge the strikes, while Dave just grinned. Quickly, he blocked a jab, surprising the Croagunk before poking him in the wrapped portion of his abdomen. The Poison-type flinched, shooting a glare in response.

"Hi Croagunk! I've been looking forward to this for so long, it's nice to meet you." Dave greeted the Toxic Mouth Pokémon, bowing respectfully. "I'm your new trainer, Dave. And this is Bolas, one of your teammates. I see that you're raring for a fight already, I can't wait to see what you can do." Croagunk looked wary for a moment, before returning the bow, tentatively accepting the situation. "Great!" Dave replied, fishing in his back to pull out his second Premier Ball of two, maximizing it and holding it out. "Here you go, your new home... Jason." The creature croaked in reply before being tapped with the orb, converted into red energy and sucked inside.

Allowing his face to split into a grin once more, Dave thanked the attendant and turned to leave, feeling Bolas wrap himself tighter around his waist as he left the Egg House. If anyone had been watching outside, they would have seen him jump upward while punching the air.

----------

OOC: Thanks for the awesome hatch, Stark!

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover is confirmed to hatch a Water Egg on Friday February 21 2014

myahoo your egg cracks open to find a Female Cubone inside. She looks at you for a long moment and you notice a tear form on her eye. Before you know it she lunges toward you and wraps her arms around your leg while tears of joy from not having to be alone in the world freely stream from her eyes.

lilbluecorsola your egg shatters violently as a Male Gligar jumps out on the counter with his wings spread only to bring them in around his body keeping his right arm up so you can only see his eyes, much like an old black and white horror movie vampire would do. He sways gently side to side waiting for you to make a move so he can react.
    Picking up this terror of the night in 1x Vampire Ball. Thanks!

myahoo your egg cracks open to find a Female Cubone inside. She looks at you for a long moment and you notice a tear form on her eye. Before you know it she lunges toward you and wraps her arms around your leg while tears of joy from not having to be alone in the world freely stream from her eyes.
    Melissa leaned over to gently pry the baby Cubone off her leg and picked her up, patting and rubbing the little one's back until her tears slowed. "Come on. Whadaya say we go see the rest of the family, hmm?" she said softly, pulling out a Pokeball (9 of 10). She waited until she felt her Cubone nod before she tapped her with the Pokeball, not wanting to cause the little girl to panic. With a wry grin at the mod, the trainer turned and left, finding it...interesting that this particular Pokemon had been hatched on Valentine's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Ugh, posting on a phone sucks...

Complaining aside, time for me to pick up my egg, since my previous one was two weeks ago! Hmm, well when it'll hatch, it'll be the night of Valentine's Day for me, sooooo following all those love songs like "Burning Love", "Ring of Fire", and I'm 100% sure I'm missing some... I'll go along the hot theme and pick up a Fire Core Egg!
    Erm, well, this is slightly awkward; having that egg pick-up not approved/skipped... ^^; No matter. While the night of valentine's day is still ongoing (in my time zone anyway), things are going to get quite hot... quite literally, in my case! Hopefully what hatches from this egg will, in this harsh winter and this sometimes sad world, warm me and my heart~

Hmmm... that is awkward. Not sure what happened there. I must have missed it somehow

OkikuMew your egg burns with a fire. Not just any fire, but a fire of love. After all, it is Valentine's Day and what better way to spend Valentine's Day than prancing about on your brand new baby Male Ponyta. This guy has all the makings of a great companion. He'll keep you warm on those cold winter nights, carry you when you are tired, and most of all be there when you need him. Assuming you aren't in one of those adventures where you can't call him that is.

Hmmm... that is awkward. Not sure what happened there. I must have missed it somehow

OkikuMew your egg burns with a fire. Not just any fire, but a fire of love. After all, it is Valentine's Day and what better way to spend Valentine's Day than prancing about on your brand new baby Male Ponyta. This guy has all the makings of a great companion. He'll keep you warm on those cold winter nights, carry you when you are tired, and most of all be there when you need him. Assuming you aren't in one of those adventures where you can't call him that is.
    Well I DO have an ocarina, so I could call him at almost any time! XP Aw man, he's so nice, even right out of his egg... *pets his mane* I'm not too sure if he's right for me or not, but one thing's for sure: wherever he goes, he'll bring lots of love and happiness ^^ And he's going into this Pokéball! (14th out of 30.) Thank you very much! ^^

uhhhhh your egg cracks apart to find a Male Starly in it's place. The little guy puffs out his chest proudly before breaking into a little upbeat tweeting song and dance number.
    Oooh nice!

Taking him in in this Pokeball (27/100) with the 26th used here.

I would like to pick up an Enigma Egg to hatch on my RL Anniversary next week please ^-^
    Last hatch - 25/12/13

Arc Angel is confirmed to hatch an Enigma Egg on Sunday February 23 2014

Marblezone is confirmed to hatch a Fighting Pound Egg on Wednesday February 19 2014
    Hatching please!

MarbleZone your egg cracks slightly, then slightly some more until finally you see a Female Mienfoo stretch it's arms out of top and emerge like a ballerina jumping up and landing gracefully on the counter. She proceeds to continue flowing like a petal on a breeze as she dances her way over to you.

MarbleZone your egg cracks slightly, then slightly some more until finally you see a Female Mienfoo stretch it's arms out of top and emerge like a ballerina jumping up and landing gracefully on the counter. She proceeds to continue flowing like a petal on a breeze as she dances her way over to you.
    Levin called out Mazo to watch the hatching alongside him. The Lucario's judgment was unrivaled and surpassed even Levin's own skill of gauging potential; when it came to evaluating fellow Fighting-Types, who better than Mazo to do so?

Both stood in silence as the egg began to shake and crack. Soon afterwards, it exploded in a swirling storm of shards, and an elegant form took place in the center, spinning like a professional dancer. Spreading her arms and twirling as the egg shell fragments touched the floor, the Mienfoo landed on one foot in an amazing display of balance. She turned her serene gaze to Levin, measuring him just like he was doing to her, and awaited his decision without moving a muscle in a perfect Crane stance.

Levin was left speechless. Not only because of Mienfoo's impressive display, but because of the sheer unlikelihood of him hatching the very Pokemon he'd only recently tried to acquire from another Trainer. He'd reluctantly backed down when the price began to soar, hoping he could instead hatch his own Mienfoo in the future, but never would've imagined it would happen so soon. Mazo, in turn, approached the talented newborn, placed a hand on her forehead and, after a couple of seconds, turned to Levin with a surprised expression. There was more than untapped potential in this one, it was a hidden talent the Lucario hadn't seen since... Kamui.

My first partner for this new journey... Seems I couldn't have asked for a better start!

He thanked Stark, who'd been responsible for hatching both this precious little fighter and Basker, his trusty Growlithe. Hopefully he'd be thanking him a lot more in the future too.

Rummaging through his Bag, the Saffron-native pulled out a glistening white Pokeball. He'd used his first Premier Ball to house Gaius, all that time ago, as he'd been the first Pokemon to join him and Min on their travels. Now that he was starting his life anew, Mienfoo was the first of his new partners, and deserved similar treatment. Tapping her on the head with the Premier Ball, he caught the newborn and smiled.

- You have a home now girl... Welcome to the family, Aya.

---

Placing Aya the Mienfoo in this Premier Ball 1/2.

Thanks a lot Stark! ^^

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover is confirmed to hatch a Water Egg on Friday February 21 2014
    Let's see what the RNG decides to grave me with this time, shall we? Time for this little ball of watery, eggy goodness to reveal its contents!

Enigma Egg: Contain every Pokémon with the exception of Legendaries.
    Last hatch was 7/2/14, which means that I should be right to pick up an egg today!

I haven't picked up an egg in ages, so I'd like to break that by picking up an Enigma egg.

Pee Gee is confirmed to hatch an Enigma Egg on Friday February 28 2014
    Rakurai is confirmed to hatch an Enigma Egg on Friday February 2802014

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover your egg shakes a bit as a bulbous blue head pops out and you find yourself face to face with a Female Tentacool who seems a little disappointed in the fact that she just missed her FB birthday party.
    Last edited by Stark; 21st February 2014 at 6:17 PM.

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover your egg shakes a bit as a bulbous blue head pops out and you find yourself face to face with a Female Tentacool who seems a little disappointed in the fact that she just missed her FB birthday party.
    "Oh, uh."

It didn't take long for El to feel the startings of panic bubble up in her brain and chest as she saw the little cnidarian for the first time. Headlines, both real and imagined, filled her mind of terror stories about unfortunate encounters with the poisonous critters. Their abundance certainly didn't help the general public's opinion on them, nor El's fear of the water. The mere thought of getting dragged under by a spindly tentacle as it pumped her full of various toxins was more than enough to make her fret even well inland.

"Cool?" the young Pokémon said uncertainly. She reached forward with one tentacle and gently tapped El's somewhat misshapen nose. The touch bought El's mind from the news to what little she'd managed to read about Tentacool biology. Images of neumatocysts firing and not much more were the culprits this time, since El had started panicking at just that alone. She crumpled to her knees and closed her eyes, taking some time to steady her breathing and clear her mind.

The Tentacool was at a loss, staring at her tentacle as she tried to figure out why her friendly gesture had elicited such a reaction.

It took several minutes and a second panic attack after noticing how intently the Tentacool was staring at her, but eventually El managed to steady her hand and mind enough to reach back into her bag for a Pokéball [3/10]. "M-Medusa," she said with a trembling voice. "Y-you're Medusa."

"Cool?"

"No, I-I'm not so cool sorry." Of course, it was highly unlikely that Medusa actually had any idea what she was saying, but El wasn't exactly in a good mind to be bothered by the fact that she was talking to a Pokémon. Her Pokémon. She tentatively reached forward, eyes watching the jellyfish's tentacles for any sign of movement. With a gentle tap, Medusa was gone and El let out a sigh of relief. "It's me," she muttered to the Pokéball. "Don't worry it's me and I want to get better I will I promise."

Even as she said 'I promise' she was full of doubt. Her parents had always been staunch advocates of facing one's fears to get better, and she did keep telling herself she'd work on the Tentacool and Jelliscent thing at some point. But to say she would do something and to have it suddenly forced upon her were two very different things, only one of which usually resulting in progress.

So if she wanted progress, she supposed, she better start sucking it up and hanging out with Medusa some. How did Tentacool fare with bathwater?

Actually, scratch that idea. Another article popped into her head.

Mystery Eggs: Contain Psychic, Dark, Ghost and Dragon Pokémon. Restrictions apply - please see above
    Picking up one of these babies, Psychic version.
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 23rd February 2014 at 1:28 AM.

Arc Angel is confirmed to hatch an Enigma Egg on Sunday February 23 2014
    Hi, I would like to hatch my Enigmatic Egg on this special Day thanks ^-^

CyberBlastoise is confirmed to hatch a Psychic Mystery Egg on Sunday March 2 2014

Arc Angel your egg explodes as a Male Pawniard leaps out and begins slashing at the air around him almost like he is showing off his slicing prowesss.

OOC: Link to where my last Egg hatched, precisely 2 weeks ago.

The Egg House doors swung open, and Keith walked inside. On one shoulder sat his Meowth, but this time, on his other shoulder, there sat a Chatot. Walking beside Keith was a Drowzee.

"Alright, c'mon, say it wit me," Meowth encouraged the Chatot. "Meowth is awesome."

"Awwk! Meowth is awesome! Meowth is- is- pfffft..." chuckled the Chatot. "AWWWWK HAW HAW HAW HAW," he burst into laughter. "Awwk! Sorry! Can't say that with a straight face!"

"Come on, Blackbeard," Keith said to his Chatot sternly. "Cut Meowth a little slack, huh?"

"Awwk! Tried it! This way's funnier!" responded Blackbeard.

"Now come on," Keith replied. "Be serious for a minute, Blackbeard. Do you have anything nice to say about Meowth at all?"

"Awwk! Sometimes I exaggerate about him," the Chatot conceded. "Not that stupid. Not that big an idiot."

"Ehh... it's a start, I suppose," Meowth sighed.

"OK, good," smiled Keith. "Now that that's settled, let's focus on the matter at hand."

"So why'd ya bring Somnus?" asked Meowth.

"Everyone gets at least one shot at picking an Egg for me, Meowth," Keith replied. "Besides, haven't done much with Somnus yet, figured this'd make a decent start. OK, Somnus," he added, addressing the Psychic-type by his side. "Today's our day to pick up an Egg, and I'm trusting you to pick a good one."

"Drow!" grinned Somnus, as he walked over to the display cases, with shelves full of Eggs. The Drowzee glanced at the Eggs, sizing them up, even sniffed a few of them. Meowth and Blackbeard exchanged looks before watching Somnus again, by which time he had picked up a white Egg with several lightly colored specks.

"Hmm," Keith remarked, taking the Egg from his Drowzee. "Normal Pound Egg, is it? Alright, Normal it is," he stated with a smile.

"Drowzee drow!" replied Somnus, looking pleased with himself as he followed Keith out of the Egg House.

*Keith received the Normal Pound Egg!*

The last egg hatch for me was 10th February.

Picking up a fire core egg.

Last Hatch: 02/10/14 Last Enigma Egg Hatch: 01/20/14

Picking up an Enigma Egg please.

For my next egg, I'm thinking it's time for a change from a fiery puppy to another dragon like this guy! It's time for another Dragon Mystery Egg!

Page 203 of 234 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast