Page 219 of 234 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 5848

Thread: The Egg House Records

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Missingo Master is confirmed to hatch a Normal Pound Egg on Saturday October 25 2014
    The doors to the Egg House flew open as Keith came rushing in. The Egg clutched in his arms was cracking and wobbling vigorously, and Meowth was clinging to his shoulder for dear life.

"Howzabout a little warning next time, huh?" Meowth said shakily as he cling tightly to Keith's shoulder.

"Less talky, more hatchy!" Keith replied, watching the Egg intently, for indeed, the shell was already starting to fall away...

MarbleZone is confirmed to hatch a Bug Nature Egg on Wednesday October 29 2014

DaveTheFishGuy your egg breaks open to find one of my personal favorites, a Male Buizel, who sticks his head up in the air and looks around before leaping off the counter and scurrying over to run in circles around you. From the look in its eyes, he doesn't appear to like shinx all that much. Maybe it is because of the electricity being generated by the little lion, maybe because it is jealous that you are holding another pokemon rather than your newly hatched baby. Whatever the case, its possible you might end up with a bit of rivalry between these two.

Missingo Master your egg finally cracks open enough for the shell to completely fall away revealing a Male Rattata who curiously looks at you before noticing Meowth on your shoulder. The mouse suddenly makes a mad dash across the store and tries to hide from what was certain to be a hungry feline.

DaveTheFishGuy you may pick up your next egg two weeks from when this one should have hatched. So November 6 2014 is your date.

Missingo Master your egg finally cracks open enough for the shell to completely fall away revealing a Male Rattata who curiously looks at you before noticing Meowth on your shoulder. The mouse suddenly makes a mad dash across the store and tries to hide from what was certain to be a hungry feline.
    Not long after Keith set the Egg down on the counter, the continually cracking shell gave way completely, collapsing into tiny shards of shell all around a small, purple rodent. He took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the newborn.

"Rattata, the Mouse Pokémon," droned the device. "Rattata is extremely cautious, listening for danger even in its sleep. Its hardy vitality lets it live in virtually any environment."

Just then, Rattata caught sight of the Meowth on Keith's shoulder, and dashed off, running across the Egg House.

Keith sighed. "Well, that's a lovely start to things," he said sarcastically. "Meowth, let's try and calm Rattata down, hmm? Let it know you mean it no harm... you do mean it no harm, right?"

"Relax," Meowth replied. "I ate one Rattata in my lifetime. It was before I was traded ta youse, it was already dead when I found it, and I didn't care too much fer da taste. Alright, let's go and- WAH!" he exclaimed, for at that moment, a flash of light erupted from a Poké Ball on Keith's belt, forming into a long, serpentine shape- Marvolo, Keith's Seviper!

"Oh, crap!" Keith exclaimed, but it was too late- Marvolo caught the Rattata's scent and slithered off. Acting fast, Keith grabbed the Poké Ball off his belt and held it out. "Marvolo, return!" he called, but the Seviper deftly evaded the red beam and continued on after the Rattata. In a panic, the newborn rodent took off, dashing all over the Egg House, Marvolo in hot pursuit, followed by Keith making more fruitless attempts to withdraw his Seviper.

The chase went on until finally, Marvolo had cornered the Rattata in, well, a corner of the building. There was nowhere to run, but as Keith was about to withdraw the now-stationary Seviper, he tripped over a loose floorboard and fell down, dropping the Poké Ball in the process, where it rolled out of his reach.

"Mmm, dinnertime," Marvolo hissed hungrily as he slowly closed in on the Rattata.

"W-w-wait," squeaked Rattata, desperate to stay alive for as long as possible. Eaten by a Seviper within two minutes of being born, that had to be some sort of record! "Please, please, don't eat me! I'll do anything!"

The Seviper snorted. "You'll do anything?" he repeated in a derisive tone. "You know, normally, you'd be getting an up-close and personal tour of my digestive system by now. But you know what? I could use a good laugh, so go ahead. I will give you one chance to convince me to not eat you. Fair warning, though- I sincerely doubt you'll do anything more than make me laugh a little before I eat. And should you try to escape, this will end very badly for you."

Rattata's mind worked furiously- this could very well be its chance to live longer than just a few minutes! But what could he possibly say to convince this Seviper to not eat him? That he has a wife and kids? He'd never buy that! That his curse of bad luck would pass on to whoever ate him? This didn't strike him as a particularly superstitious Seviper. Too high in cholesterol? Possibly- it was clear that this was one Seviper who was serious about his training, the way he was built- and then, as that thought crossed Rattata's mind, it was quickly followed by a stroke of genius, a brilliant idea, and more to the point, quite possibly his ticket to survival.

"You shouldn't eat me," Rattata began, "because I can help you."

"If that's the best you got, I'm not impressed," Marvolo said flatly.

"Let me elaborate," replied Rattata hastily. "The way you came after me, you're no stranger to hunting, right? Now, see, my thinking is, the hunting's not always so good for you, right? Sometimes the weather's too lousy, sometimes there's just no prey to be found, right?"

"You just hatched two minutes ago," Marvolo said. "How are you this knowledgeable about... anything?"

Rattata blinked. "I have no idea," he admitted. "Some sort of survival instinct, I guess, being born with innate knowledge of how predators operate. But as I was saying, what if we made a deal? I help you stay in shape by allowing you to chase me whenever the hunting's bad, and in exchange, you don't eat me?"

Marvolo thought about this. Hungry though he was right now, he couldn't help but notice that the Rattata brought up a valid point- sometimes the weather was so cold that hunting was out of the question, and in early spring, when the weather would warm up, it always took Marvolo a couple of days before he was back in top form. He'd lost some particularly choice prey due to this, too- that Pidgeot with the broken wing a few years back should have been a piece of cake, but since it was the first thing Marvolo had hunted for in months, he screwed it up and let it escape. How it managed to elude him, being that size and unable to fly, he never did find out.

By this point, Keith had gotten back up, and had recovered Marvolo's Poké Ball. He was about to withdraw the Seviper, when Meowth stopped him. "Wait," Meowth whispered. "I tink Rattata's actually convincin' Marvolo ta let him live."

"...Much as I hate to say this, you do have a point," Marvolo conceded to Rattata. "Very well. I don't eat you, and in exchange, you let me pursue you whenever I feel I'm not getting sufficient exercise. We have a deal?"

"We got a deal," Rattata replied, sighing in relief.

Keith, meanwhile, was stunned by the translations Meowth was providing for him. This Rattata was something else if he managed to convince Marvolo to not eat him! "...So, we're all cool here?" he said, approaching Marvolo and the Rattata. Rattata and Marvolo both nodded in response, though the former tensed up at the sight of Meowth.

"Oh, relax," groaned Marvolo. "Meowth's harmless. He couldn't catch a Bidoof with a broken leg."

Rattata relaxed, though Meowth glared at Marvolo. "I don't hunt because I choose not ta!" he snapped. "I'd be a great hunter if I wanted ta be, ya overgrown shoelace!"

"OK, let's not start anything here," Keith said quickly, stopping the fight before it could start. "Right now, what we need is a nickname for you," he added, addressing his new Rattata. "You're something else if you managed to talk Marvolo out of eating you, you know?"

"Rrrrattata!" replied Rattata, pleased with Keith's praise.

"Alright, lemme see... Hmm... How does Joey sound?" Keith asked after a few minutes of thought.

Rattata thought this over, before nodding his approval. "Rattata!" he nodded.

"Alright, Joey it is, then," smiled Keith. He withdrew Marvolo, then produced an empty Poké Ball and held it out to the Rattata. Joey tapped the ball with one of his front paws and was sucked inside. The ball gave a single, low-pitched ping, having barely shook at all.

"I still can't believe dat Joey actually convinced Marvolo ta not eat him," Meowth stated. "When I first met him, it took a lot o' convincin' ta stop him from eatin' me!"

"This guy's something else," Keith agreed. "Your average Rattata wouldn't have been able to pull that off at any point in their lifetime, let alone two minutes after being hatched. Maybe what I got here is in the top percentage of Rattata, even," he added with a grin.

"Da top percentage o- oh, now I know where ya got da name from," groaned Meowth.

Keith merely grinned in response to this, before exiting the Egg House, interested in introducing his new Rattata to the rest of the team.

OOC: Poké Ball is #9 of 50.

DaveTheFishGuy your egg breaks open to find one of my personal favorites, a Male Buizel, who sticks his head up in the air and looks around before leaping off the counter and scurrying over to run in circles around you. From the look in its eyes, he doesn't appear to like shinx all that much. Maybe it is because of the electricity being generated by the little lion, maybe because it is jealous that you are holding another pokemon rather than your newly hatched baby. Whatever the case, its possible you might end up with a bit of rivalry between these two.

DaveTheFishGuy you may pick up your next egg two weeks from when this one should have hatched. So November 6 2014 is your date.
    With a shower of shell and spray, the egg burst to reveal its occupant. Dave's eyes widened as he recognised it instantly. A lithe, orange mammalian creature, with a pair of blue fins on its elbows and a yellow ring around its neck, stood before him. Twin tails flicked behind the Pokémon, tails he knew were used for propulsion in the water. If Jason was a mascot of Pastoria city, then this young one was certainly a mascot of Pastoria Gym - Buizel, the basic stage of Crasher Wake's signature fighter.

As the fisherman's face slowly split into a grin, the hatchling burst into action, leaping down from the counter before starting to circle him, tails slowly rotating against each other. There was a look on its face, but it wasn't aimed at him... it was aimed at Carrot. Was it jealousy? Kneeling down, Dave placed the cub on the ground, causing the Water-type to slow down before standing still, trading stares with the Shinx, who replied in kind in the way that only a feline could. Sparks ran along Carrot's fur, while water foamed at the Buizel's mouth.

Dave sighed, recognising the signs, and decided to step in. "Hey Buizel, it's nice to meet you!" he tried, slowly pushing Carrot to the side in a bid to break the staring contest. "You remind me of a good friend of mine. He had a Buizel too - a strong fighter, headstrong and proud. I saw it do great things. I'd like to see if you can too, if you'll let me." The hatchling blinked, shifting his gaze to the human. Slowly, Dave reached into his bag, pulling out his fifteenth PokéBall of 20 and tapping it to enlarge it, holding it up before him. "Whaddaya say?"

The otter looked thoughtful for a moment, contemplating what was said. After what seemed like forever, but was probably more like a minute, he thrust out one clenched fist, smacking the button in the middle of the device, converting himself into energy and being sucked inside. As the ball wobbled slightly, Dave regarded it with a slight grin. "I think we've got another scrapper." he muttered, Carrot responding with a low growl as he continued to stare at the orb. "Well, that's your rival hatched just after you. Fitting, eh?" he chuckled, scooping the Shinx up, nodding his thanks to Stark before turning to leave. "Welcome to the team... Gavin."

Myrrh is confirmed to hatch a Core Egg on Monday October 27 2014
    This thing looks like it's ready to go, help please.

Myrrh your egg breaks open to find a Female Nincada who scurries about on the floor nearly running into things, but somehow just missing them, probably from her antennae warning her to change directions.

Rakurai your egg explodes to reveal a Male Axew who begins to dig his tusks into the countertop as if to mark his territory
    Making a long overdue pick-up and putting him in a Pokeball (3/10 remaining).

Last hatch.

Let's say we heat things up, hmm? A Fire Core Egg please, thanks!

MarbleZone is confirmed to hatch a Bug Nature Egg on Wednesday October 29 2014
    Could an Egg conceived on FB's Birthday hold a pleasant surprise? I'd like to find out please!

uhhhhh is confirmed to hatch a Fire Core Egg on Tuesday November 4 2014

MarbleZone your egg breaks open as a small round bug spreads her stubby arms and shouts "Rah!" with her meanest facial expression. It would seem this Female Karrablast was hoping to surprise you like it was coming out of a cake, but got a little mixed up due to how close it is to Halloween.

Last hatch!

Today, on this not particularly special day in my neck of the woods, I would like to collect one Water Glacier Egg!

Well, I was planning to have a little RP segment here but I forgot to type that up and I sadly don't feel like doing so anymore so instead I'll just go about this the regular way. Sorry.

Due to me catching my First Pokemon, Eevee, I can now access the Egg House. So, on this spooky scary day, I wish to collect an Enigma Egg.

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover is confirmed to hatch a Water Glacier Egg on Friday November 7 2014
    swampertforever is confirmed to hatch an Enigma Egg on Friday November 7 2014

MarbleZone your egg breaks open as a small round bug spreads her stubby arms and shouts "Rah!" with her meanest facial expression. It would seem this Female Karrablast was hoping to surprise you like it was coming out of a cake, but got a little mixed up due to how close it is to Halloween.
    Not quite what I'm after, but nice try little one!

Using Pokeball 3/30 (last one used)

The last hatch for me was 21st October 2014.

Picking up a steel core egg.

I got a really nice hatch last time, but it's time for another Grass Nature Egg to go for what I'm really after!

Two weeks later...

The Egg House door swung open as usual, but instead of a human a much smaller form entered the building. The orange creature darted toward the counter, looking around the room at the display of eggs that lined the walls. A few seconds later, another figure pushed the door open, lightly panting after some exertion. Dave wiped some sweat from his brow, catching his breath as he headed further into the room, looking down at the Buizel, who merely grinned in reply. "If you wanted to race, you could've given me some warning." the trainer muttered, walking up to the desk as the Water-type trailed, not even slightly ashamed.

Leaning on the counter to get his strength back, the fisherman nodded in greeting to Stark before peering over the selection of eggs. As Gavin leapt up to stand next to him on the tabletop, the human glanced at his latest hatch before pointing at an egg identical to the one that had given him the Buizel. "Yep, another Water Glacier Egg, please!" he asked, before taking the proffered orb carefully in his arms. Thanking the attendant, he turned toward the exit, Gavin leaping down and darting ahead of him to push the door open. "Thanks, buddy. Let's have a more sedate stroll back, hmm?" he replied, the Buizel nodding as he walked alongside his trainer, to return a week later.

{Dave obtained a Water Glacier Egg!}

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover is confirmed to hatch a Water Glacier Egg on Friday November 7 2014
    Time to see what this baby holds for me!

swampertforever is confirmed to hatch an Enigma Egg on Friday November 7 2014
    Michael entered the Egg House, carrying an egg. It was an important egg for him, not just because it was his first (well, second), but because it symbolised how far he’d progressed towards his dream of being a Pokémon Breeder.
    Years of training had taught him how to care for eggs before they hatched, but this was the second time that he’d been caring for his own egg rather than the ones found in the Day Care. He’d kept it warm, dry and safe from any rampant predators or boisterous teammates which could bring harm upon the egg, and more important, the young Pokémon growing within. And after a week, his dedication paid off.
    He gingerly lifted the egg case containing his Enigma Egg onto the counter.
    “Well, I’ve done all I can, and from what I can tell, the child’s close to being born. I guess we’ve now just got to wait for him or her to decide when they feel like hatching...”

Rayzen is confirmed to hatch a Steel Core Egg on Tuesday November 11 2014
    Dark Searchman is confirmed to hatch a Grass Nature Egg on Tuesday November 11 2014
    DaveTheFishGuy is confirmed to hatch a Water Glazier Egg on Wednesday November 12 2014

Get the Aquariums ready. We have a school of fish arriving. Is two enough for a school?

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover your egg bursts open with a spray of water to find a Female Red Basculin who does not look very happy. Fortunately for you rumor has it that these particular fish are very tasty. That is, if you decide not to keep it.

swampertforever your egg splashes apart with a radiant burst of spray to reveal a Male Finneon who seems to glow beautifully. Well at least the stripe on his side and the pink in his tail seem to glow. Either way, he seems to be a very pretty fish.

Whoops, a bit late on this but hatching please!

OOC: Last hatch was here, exactly 2 weeks ago.

Keith entered the Egg House, with Meowth on his shoulder as usual, the two of them deep in conversation.

"...and thus far, the idea seems to be pretty well-received," Keith was saying to Meowth. "I mean, the Elite 4 has yet to weigh in on my suggestions, but from what other Trainers are saying, I'm thinking there's reason to be optimistic."

"But how do ya even make Poké Puffs, anyways?" Meowth asked.

Keith shrugged. "Beats the hell outta me," he admitted. "But, I can get in touch with someone who might," he added.

"Who?" Meowth asked. "Ain't Poké Puffs a Kalos ting? Who do you know from Kalos?"

"Remy from the Friend Safari, remember?" said Keith. "I'll bet my hat he'll be able to get me in touch with someone who has Poké Puff recipes, if he doesn't know any himself. Then it's just a matter of getting the recipes to the guy who runs the PokéTreats store, and the way his business has slowed down lately, he'd be a fool to not jump on the opportunity. Poison Nature Egg, please," he added as he approached the counter. The man behind the counter handed Keith a vivid green Egg, and the Poison-type Trainer carefully carried it out of the Egg House.

*Keith received the Poison Nature Egg!*

Missingo Master is confirmed to hatch a Poison Nature Egg on Saturday November 15 2014

uhhhhh having waited a little longer than normal to hatch your egg, it was getting a overly hot. Perhaps that was because the Female Magby who came out spitting embers has a body temperature over 1,100 degrees F. Lucky you got it here when you did otherwise it might have burned up.

Myrrh your egg breaks open to find a Female Nincada who scurries about on the floor nearly running into things, but somehow just missing them, probably from her antennae warning her to change directions.
    So sorry for the lateness. Putting Nincada in a Pokeball. (3/10 of set, 26/33 of inventory)

LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover your egg bursts open with a spray of water to find a Female Red Basculin who does not look very happy. Fortunately for you rumor has it that these particular fish are very tasty. That is, if you decide not to keep it.
    Lucky for this girl, I don't eat seafood. Picking her up with this Dive Ball, cheers!

Page 219 of 234 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast