Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yes, in Dee Dee It's Dawn (629)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post

About Asatsuki Town, it's easy to remember that it's an "s" and not a "k". I use a trick to remember the difference. S is for stylish which is how most Pokemon in Contests look, K is for killers, which is what the Akatsuki general are :P
    That is just ...... Awesome lmao

Anyway I am very suprised that they explained the Dee-Dee thing. It just seemed like they would never explain it and just leave it as another plot hole. Her releasing paci makes alot more sense now. Other than what she said already in the episode.
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Gosh. I can't even remember the last time Pachirisu did anything relevant. I kind of hope it's Pachirisu / Togekiss Appealing at the Grand Festival now.

If I remember correctly, Pachi won Dawn her fourth ribbon. That's something.. As for Togekiss, I hope it will get enough training in, as we can see by the preview, Cyndaquil is doing well in its first contest, so I'll give it a shot

She seems to be seriously into this now. Judging by the next episode preview she not too shabby in the Battle Round, either. Seviper and Yanmega pulled off something that looked sort of like a purple Judgment / Draco Meteor
    You're right on the money with this! She has improved a lot since Wobbuffets disastrous appeal.. and the way Yanmega will Sonic Boom into Seviper's Poison Tail will give her major points for that, you're right about the purple Judgement/DM thing it does look like that, and I don't mind it

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstar19 View Post
    That is just ...... Awesome lmao

Anyway I am very suprised that they explained the Dee-Dee thing. It just seemed like they would never explain it and just leave it as another plot hole. Her releasing paci makes alot more sense now. Other than what she said already in the episode.
    I thought the whole reveal was kinda underwhelming.. since I think that if you're travelling on your own you should put pasts trauma's behind you, especially if they're as childish as being laughed at once because of frizzy hair...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingmaiden View Post

I know why kenny and leona call her dee dee/pikari cause plusle and minun shocking her hair

WTF how urara knows that and I never tell anyone about it
    Didn't Ursula, you know, kinda secretly heard the conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    I think what's stranger is that Plusle and Minun seem to be the only electric pokemon who make her hair sparkle. I mean she's been shocked by Pachirisu and I think Pikachu, yet only Plusle and Minun do that. Is there something special about their electricity that we don't know about?
    Plus and Minus abilities. Remember Electric Pom poms? Yeah.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Dawn was really cute in this episode. The way she reacted to Plusle and Minun was adorable. And of course Ursala was there to take advantage of it. I can tell this isn't the last we have seen between them.

All around, everyone's appeals were good. Even Jessie's and it usually takes alot from he to impress me. She showed off her Pokemon's abilities really well this episode. Maybe she can capitialize on that. But I still see Dawn winning this one and getting her final ribbon.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I thought only 3 levels of cute existed, regular cute, adorable, and kawaii.
    I was so wrong.
    Regular Dawn = Cute.
    Little Dawn = Adorable.
    EletroCUTEd little Dawn = Kawaii.
    Electrocuted little Dawn crying = Cuteness Overload.

Aw, Buneary still loves Pikachu. Yay ^_^

Liked the episode, but I always do like Contest episodes.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    - Speaking of which, I will laugh if Sunyshore is as generic looking as every other anime town. Which it probably will be. (*looks at Fortree*)
    - Ursula is here. "Under the sea! Under the sea!"
    Oh S. Suikun, you always make me laugh with your posts! I was really mad when Fortree city was a generic looking city! Maybe they'll do some redemption
    with Sunnyshore. I sure do hope so. I'd even be happy with just some tiny sun panels on roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    - Ursula is here. "Under the sea! Under the sea!"
    Heh, I realized that from the first time she appeared. Seriously, not a very common name (though neither are those of most gym leaders).

Why, yes, Ursula, that dress does make you look a little faaaaaaat. A skin-tight black dress is going to make you look at least a little hefty unless you are anorexic or balemic.
    That even adds further to the hillarity of her name.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Missed out on watching this episode on the premiere. After viewing it, I'm not exactly heart-broken that I didn't get to. Am I a bad person? I really want them to get the standard intro fluff out of the way ASAP so we can get to the meat of these Contests. Even appeals are half-assed. Well, except Jessie's, which was fairly creative. I always say that Contests need more Seviper.

Also, I swear, you could dangle a Chinese firework in front of these audiences and they'd coo like babies and clap their hands like sea lions. Duurrrr, Sparkles!

Super-deformed Dawn was hilarious. "Daishabuh daishabuh" Those ****ing eyes pulled at my heartstrings.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Somebody may have mentioned it, but there was more to Hikari's appeal than simply freezing and destroying those bubbles. The intended hook was the melody that was created when the rabbit jumped from bubble to bubble. It wasn't quite as plain as you might think.

Floating ice...lol.

Ursula's appeal was good, but I wouldn't say its as good as everyone is making it seem.

I'm so glad they didn't pull the last contest before the Grand Festival crap again, although Ursula basically confirmed that a while ago....but still.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Needle Smash View Post
    Somebody may have mentioned it, but there was more to Hikari's appeal than simply freezing and destroying those bubbles. The intended hook was the melody that was created when the rabbit jumped from bubble to bubble. It wasn't quite as plain as you might think.
    Yeah, I didn't catch onto that the first time I saw the episode, but I realized it the second time. You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Great episode, however, THAT was why she was called Pikari. Because her hair sparkled - seriously? Dawn needs to get over herself...
    There's more to it than that. When she, Kenny, and Leona were in kindergarden, they had the job of caring for the Plusle and Minun that were there. Not realizing they didn't like it, Dawn was chasing them around, then picked them up and hugged them. So they shocked her, making her hair stand on end and sparkle. Kenny and Leona commented on this, using the Japanese onomatopoeia for sparkling, "pika pika". From this, Kenny came up with the Pikari name. Kenny later called her that in front of the whole class, while her hair was still stuck up and sparkling, and so she was embarrassed in front of them all. So that explains her fear of Plusle and Minun, and the nickname she almost drowned Leona over.

Before this episode, I thought for sure the nickname's origin would have something to do with a Pikachu, as I'm sure most others did, but I was completely wrong.
    Last edited by Geodude; 9th February 2010 at 2:11 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Yeah, I didn't catch onto that the first time I saw the episode, but I realized it the second time. You're right.

There's more to it than that. When she, Kenny, and Leona were in kindergarden, they had the job of caring for the Plusle and Minun that were there. Not realizing they didn't like it, Dawn was chasing them around, then picked them up and hugged them. So they shocked her, making her hair stand on end and sparkle. Kenny and Leona commented on this, using the Japanese onomatopoeia for sparkling, "pika pika". From this, Kenny came up with the Pikari name. Kenny later called her that in front of the whole class, while her hair was still stuck up and sparkling, and so she was embarrassed in front of them all. So that explains her fear of Plusle and Minun, and the nickname she almost drowned Leona over.

Before this episode, I thought for sure the nickname's origin would have something to do with a Pikachu, as I'm sure most others did, but I was completely wrong.
    I think tht's just dumb for her to basically faint from an old childhood memory of something so obnoxious as sparkly hair.

Random : PokéRadar

You would've been traumatized too if you had a pair of beloved class pets attack you and were embarrassed in front of your kindergarden class, admit it.
    Last edited by Geodude; 9th February 2010 at 10:49 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I can't wait to see the Dub version. "My name's D----Dee Dee". Dumb, but what else could it turn out to be.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Very good episode! ^^
    I was wondering the truth behind Hikari's nickname Pikari. I'm so happy that we finally found out why Kengo and Yumomi call her that.
    Urara's appeal was very beautiful. I seriously liked hers the best. Both Hikari and Musashi gave nice appeals as well but Urara's was the best.
    This episode gets a 9/10 rating from me.

I liked Jessie and Ursala's appeals, but Dawn's was kind of boring. I also thought the origin of Dawn's nickname would have been deeper than what it was because she takes it so seriously. But overall, this was a great episode.

Well this was such an enjoyable episode!

We meet Ursula again after a little bit before a whole year went by, and with her new Plusle and Minun. Gee, wonder why Dawn is afraid of them.

But I was curious to find out why, in the dub, looks like Kenny and Leona gave the nickname "Dee Dee" once Plusle and Minun made her hair sparkle, as to calling it "Diamond Dandruff Dee Dee". Sad to see all her classmates were making fun of her with the name. And seeing Ash, Brock, Pikachu and Piplup laugh. xD

That Pokemon caretaker title made me think they were more like School pet owners.

Looks like since Ursula learns of Dawns' nickname, things will get interesting, and sparkly. xD

The appeals were all pretty good too. Jessie's was actually my favorite though. Seviper coming out of it's Poke Ball from Carnivine's mouth was extraordinary! And being in sync with Carnivine was amazing. I give great props to Jessie, she deserved to make it to Round 2.

Dawn's appeal was alright, just the usual bubble beam and sparkles again, but Buneary bouncing on them was cute.

Ursula's appeal was sweet. The combo between Gabite and Jigglypuff was spectacular. Its like Jigglypuff was a basketball, or at least just a ball, like my friend thought. xp But their moves were amazing though.

Seeing the 3 made it to Round 2, makes me looking forward to next weeks episode, for the 2nd part of the contest. (Which I'm excited for!) Im also interested to see Ursula use Plusle and Minun to make Dawn's hair sparkle again. xp Id just say that the dub version really did Dawn's nickname deal really well!
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 26th June 2010 at 1:55 PM.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Diamond
    Dandruft

D-D. Dee Dee.

Very clever. I commend the team for coming up with that one.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well, as some may know, I do not like the 4th Generation Saga. I watched the first seven or so episodes, and a few extras in between, and hated it.

I woke up early as usual and saw that a new episode of Pokemon was up.

BTW, before I get further into it, WTF is up with these timeslots? I'm pretty sure everyone wakes up at 8:00 or later on Saturdays, and now that its summer to, does anyone even get up to watch this?

Whatever.

So, I watched the episode. And I did not like it. Big surprise.

It's not that I did not like this episode itself. I just hate what the writers have done with the franchise. I still cringe at Ash's voice, and Brock's makes me want to choke myself. And, has James got a pinecone stuck up his nose or what?

You may just called me a old fan who just hates on the newer episodes for no reason. I do have a reason. It's because, IMO, they SUCK.

The dialogue is HORRIBLE, absolutely HORRIBLE.

(in today's episode in went something like this...)

Ash: Here, I got you some warm milk!
    Dawn: That's very thoughtful of you, Ash!
    Ash: Actually, it was Brock's idea.
    Brock: I thought warm milk would help wake you up.

This dialogue, combined with the completely stale, plastered-on facial expressions makes the show look horribly animated. Sure, the special effects they've added to the moves make them look wonderful compared to what they used to look like, but at least our old characters could actually change expressions and exhibit them correctly.

I mean, throughout the entire episode, I literally could have just taken this face and put it on Ash's, and the expressions would have been relatively the same. Albeit, if they put that face on I would get some enjoyment out of the show, but with Ash somehow having no personality (I mean, does he always talk like such a nice guy with optimism gushing out of him?), I don't like the character anymore.

And WTF is with Brock? I have heard from people on this very site, fans of this current saga, saying that Brock really doesn't do anything...And I saw that for myself today.

I saw the episode one hour ago, and I can only remember Brock giving about five lines throughout the entire episode. And what did he accomplish in the episode? He gave Dawn some warm milk to calm her nerves down.

I'm not even gonna start complaining about Dawn, since I do not know the character all that well...But I can say that she's nothing compared to Misty, or, dare I say, May?

It seems that the character's have lost their touch from all those years ago. You might say I'm living in the past, but the past WAS better. If you were to re-watch every single episode of Pokemon, from the very first episode ever to this one, I believe you would be bored out of your mind. I mean, the first three (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto) sagas were tolerable. I admit I did not watch most of the Johto series (I had CCD class every time a new episode came along). Everyone says it was just full of fillers, but, by my knowledge, the Sinnoh saga has more filler episodes than Johto did. We are on the FOURTH season in Sinnoh.

Don't you guys think that the series doesn't have the "edge" it used to have?

I am currently re-watching the first three sagas of Pokemon, and I'm around episode 50ish. The series had humor that actually made be literally laugh out loud (not just think it's funny inside my head). I'm 15 years old. I have a good sense of humor. These episodes are not funny. I wouldn't even go so far as to call them entertaining. Is calling someone "Dee-Dee" really that hilarious? Or is having a phobia of Plusle and Minun that scary? The humor in the old episodes was funny then, and it's still funny now. The series lost it's touch. It's more stupid, childish humor. I mean, I would even go as far as calling it "lame", but, then again, aren't we all "lame" for having fun, running around capturing and battling fictional creatures?

One GOOD thing this episode actually did was laugh at itself, as I actually snickered when Ash and Brock laughed at the stupidity of Dawn's story.

That about wraps up my rant. I know I drifted way off topic, but I just wanted to put my thoughts down somewhere.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You just have to express it. If you have any problems at all or counter-arguments with what I said, please feel free to PM me so we can talk about it. Just don't "flame" me. Your only making yourself look like an idiot.

munlaxboy u fail.. 4th gen pokemon is alot better then the first gen and why bother going to this thread if your are going to brag about the episode sinnoh > Kanto

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Corey View Post
    munlaxboy u fail.. 4th gen pokemon is alot better then the first gen and why bother going to this thread if your are going to brag about the episode sinnoh > Kanto
    I said to PM me for a reason, so this thread does not get filled up with useless posts.

Saying "u fail" isn't exactly a reasonable argument, as you provided no back up to your argument. I am good at and like to argue, but I do not flame. PM me if you really want to talk about this.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    I said to PM me for a reason, so this thread does not get filled up with useless posts.

Saying "u fail" isn't exactly a reasonable argument, as you provided no back up to your argument. I am good at and like to argue, but I do not flame. PM me if you really want to talk about this.
    i don't need to argue about anything your just a pokemon nostalgic fan who watches old eps of pokemon but hasn't realised the lack of animation and characters and the horrible dub done by 4 kids ent and the horrible story plot

It's always nice to see Ursula again plus it's nice to finally. Know how Dawn's nickname came to be.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Diamond Dandruff ------> DeeDee?
    Weird explanation for sure :P, but still it makes sense
    Last edited by adyniz; 26th June 2010 at 3:26 PM. Reason: Pikari was better xD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast