Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 116

Thread: Yes, in Dee Dee It's Dawn (629)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    El Centro,California
    Posts
    5,566

    Default

    Alright, this is, hands down, one of the best episodes in the DP saga ever due to one thing and one thing only: Jigglypuff! She's so manly, even Ursula owns one and uses it with her Gabite. It makes me feel like playing as her in Brawl now. As for the origin of Dawn's nickname, well there goes my theory of her being a King Dedede fangirl.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    I said to PM me for a reason, so this thread does not get filled up with useless posts.

    Saying "u fail" isn't exactly a reasonable argument, as you provided no back up to your argument. I am good at and like to argue, but I do not flame. PM me if you really want to talk about this.
    Well, there are actually couple points to make. First, your nostalgia has no base since you were 4 when the show started. I'm 23, and was just above the prime age for the show when Kanto aired. I started watching a few months before Ash's fight with Blaine. Kanto was disappointing due to the lack of badges actually earned. Now, looking back, I only care about the league, which Ash still acted like a child in. A good season? Negative.

    Next, using the "I like to argue" point only shows cockiness, not confidence. This episode focused on Dawn's contest, so I'm not surprised if Ash takes an extreme backseat. Pikachu just sat there, but it was fine, because the reason to watch the episode was that blue haired girl.

    There are several reasons why Sinnoh seems stale, but the main one that sticks out to me is how Ash makes so many newbie-ish mistakes considering the plethora of experience he has. This can be attributed to semi-restarting the show with each series to appeal to new audiences considering it's a show aimed at 7-9 year olds.

    Ignoring nostalgia, I'd prefer Sinnoh over Johto. Sinnoh has FAR less filler than Johto. Johto was filler-galore. Look at Sinnoh, multiple gym rematches, many captures and releases, elite 4 appearances, palmer appearance, dawn's contests, galactic arc and FOUR rivals. Have you ignored that this is the first region to span 4 seasons? If you really want to debate filler, the only real argument is Snowpoint -> Sunyshore.

    These posts are way off-topic. I just thought I'd point out reasons why you're wrong.

    Now, the actual reason I came to post. The last 10 seconds of the show was classic. Props to the writers for making Plusle and Minun pop out at the last second.
    Last edited by raz1337; 26th June 2010 at 6:33 PM.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    OMG D/P U SUCK CAUSE IT'S SO NEW AND IT GIVES US BETTER SURPRISES BUT WE DONT LIKE SURPRISES I JUST LIKE OLD!! I AM SO DEPRESSED WHY POKEMON JUST END YOUR LIFE PLEASE!! ITS KIND OF LESS LAME BUT I LIKE LAME CAUSE I AM LAME!

    anyways, I woke up because I heard POKEMON! this morning, and at the time I was trying to go back to sleep but I couldn't because I'm so INTO this show. YEHA. But I actually enjoyed the episode. I love Ursula. She's a wacky beast but she's so cute!!
    DIAMOND DANDRUFF! hahahahaha. So wait, what was the thing with Pikari then? Just cause it sounded weird or was there a story for it?

    Very cute. VERY CUTE!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Live From Paris
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    This episode was good. I felt bad for little Dawn. Jesse having Seviper come out of Carnivine's mouth was quite impressive. Been a while since we last saw a Jigglypuff.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    373

    Default

    This ep was okay. Pretty dumb reason why Kenny nicknamed Dawn "Dee Dee" after all this time. I thought they were building up to something a lil bigger or funnier than that.

    @ Munchlaxboy. U and I seem to be the only 2 in almost complete agreement about the D/P saga. Which is why I don't have any high-hopes for the new gen because PUSA will still be doing it. I actually liked the dubbing by 4kids and wish they'd re-up for the new gen.

    1 thing though. I also agree with raz1337. Sinnoh is more enjoyable than Johto was. Nothing but Filler and Emmy dull-worthy episodes. The Kanto and Hoenn series were the best


    "My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    great episode Jessie's appeal was pretty unique

    Great to finally learn why they call Dawn, Dee Dee


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    It was a good episode. We see Ursula again, this time with new Pokemon. We also learn why Dawn got the nickname Dee Dee. Ursula's gonna use Plusle and Minun to scare Dawn out of the competition. I hope Dawn will get through this difficult situation.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    201

    Default

    This was certainly the best episode of the 13th season so far. A really good and interesting plot with many well thought-out elements - except for one thing: Dawn's performance. But I will come back to that later on.

    Here's my review:
    - Having a traumatic experience from a painful encounter with such cute Pokemon like Plusle and Minun is a bit over the top. I mean, if it had been a Garchomp, for instance, I would have understood it, but getting a livelong shock from those two cuties...well.
    Anyways, I liked the idea behind it! A traumatic experience from something that happened in the past and is still paralyzing you sure is mature and a welcome change in the plot!
    - What I definitely liked best was Jessie's AWESOME performance. This girl sure knows how to surprise. Having Seviper creep out of Carnivine's mouth, having them dance to a mysterious music and finally that Seviper-spins-like-a-wheel-combination took me off-guard. Great job!
    - Have I mentioned yet how much I like Ursula, her style and her outfit?
    I mean, first of all she shows signs of what I would call a cool, badass trainer. I can't help but like her character. Secondly, she has THE ROYAL POKEMON GABITE. What more do I have to say? Thirdly and lastly, her outfit which reminds me of a vivacious Spanish flamenco dancer is absolutely hot!!

    OK, Zoey is a really good character, but I can't see why in the world Ursula can't be better or at least equally good, because I like her much more! Writers, I want you to change that!

    - Now I'm coming to the disappointing part: Dawn's performance which ONCE AGAIN defied all logic! Since the new season started I haven't been able to think of one episode (except for the Pokeathlon episode maybe) where physics wasn't turned on its head. WHY again today? Oh no...:disgust:
    I mean, floating bubbles are ok, but floating ice bubbles.... NO, plain and simple: NO! And I don't want to hear objections like "Well, the writers can do anything", "They don't think about it properly", "This is a children's show" etc.
    If it had occurred during a less important part of the episode, I would perhaps have tolerated it, but that performance was the crucial element of today's episode and I guess we fans can rightly expect the writers to think about such decisive scenes properly and come up with more logical solutions if necessary! I'm disappointed!


    OK, but all in all this sure was an entertaining, good episode and I really enjoyed watching it!

    7 out of 10 points!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999


    Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cerulean
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Finally a contest episode! These episodes are what I look forward to the most now-a-days. So Ursula has some Hoenn Pokemon (the Pichu bro knock-offs). The dub writers did a great job of explaining the whole "dee dee" thing. Diamond dandruf certainly was an imaginative nickname.

    On a side note, I love Zoey and Candice's relationship. Now that Zoey has 5 ribbons, she can spend her time hanging out with her best friend until the grand festival comes along.

    Jessie's appeal was genius and the Arbok flute was a nice little addition. I didn't really like Ursula's appeal all that much. Dawn's appeal looked like a typical ice appeal, but the fact that Buneary bouncing on the ice bubbles played do-re-mi was pretty ingenious.

    8/10. I can't wait for next episode for the battle round.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Olivine City , Johto
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    This ep was okay. Pretty dumb reason why Kenny nicknamed Dawn "Dee Dee" after all this time. I thought they were building up to something a lil bigger or funnier than that.

    @ Munchlaxboy. U and I seem to be the only 2 in almost complete agreement about the D/P saga. Which is why I don't have any high-hopes for the new gen because PUSA will still be doing it. I actually liked the dubbing by 4kids and wish they'd re-up for the new gen.

    1 thing though. I also agree with raz1337. Sinnoh is more enjoyable than Johto was. Nothing but Filler and Emmy dull-worthy episodes. The Kanto and Hoenn series were the best
    you like the hoenn region ....... **dies of laughter......** lolololol

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Well, there are actually couple points to make. First, your nostalgia has no base since you were 4 when the show started. I'm 23, and was just above the prime age for the show when Kanto aired. I started watching a few months before Ash's fight with Blaine. Kanto was disappointing due to the lack of badges actually earned. Now, looking back, I only care about the league, which Ash still acted like a child in. A good season? Negative.

    Next, using the "I like to argue" point only shows cockiness, not confidence. This episode focused on Dawn's contest, so I'm not surprised if Ash takes an extreme backseat. Pikachu just sat there, but it was fine, because the reason to watch the episode was that blue haired girl.

    There are several reasons why Sinnoh seems stale, but the main one that sticks out to me is how Ash makes so many newbie-ish mistakes considering the plethora of experience he has. This can be attributed to semi-restarting the show with each series to appeal to new audiences considering it's a show aimed at 7-9 year olds.

    Ignoring nostalgia, I'd prefer Sinnoh over Johto. Sinnoh has FAR less filler than Johto. Johto was filler-galore. Look at Sinnoh, multiple gym rematches, many captures and releases, elite 4 appearances, palmer appearance, dawn's contests, galactic arc and FOUR rivals. Have you ignored that this is the first region to span 4 seasons? If you really want to debate filler, the only real argument is Snowpoint -> Sunyshore.

    These posts are way off-topic. I just thought I'd point out reasons why you're wrong.

    Now, the actual reason I came to post. The last 10 seconds of the show was classic. Props to the writers for making Plusle and Minun pop out at the last second.

    Who said that I was being cocky?

    Maybe I should have used a better choice of words. By "I like to argue", I meant I like to debate.

    I am actually not at all cocky. I just have thoughts in which I want to express and here others' opinions on it.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    Who said that I was being cocky?

    Maybe I should have used a better choice of words. By "I like to argue", I meant I like to debate.

    I am actually not at all cocky. I just have thoughts in which I want to express and here others' opinions on it.
    Liking to debate != cocky. Liking to debate doesn't need to be said. Being full of yourself as a result of personal experiences = cocky. No one said you were cocky except in my observation. Express your thoughts, but be ready to be wrong. I like to debate, but that's just a personal attribute that I feel I don't need to reiterate. I'll prove my analytical skills by tearing apart someone's argument. Liking to debate is useless. It's about what you can accomplish with that natural urge.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    Well there went my Dawn sounding similar to Elekid theroy. LOL Diamond Dandruff is interesting.

    Good episode. I like Jessie's appeal, but the writers should have done it a tad better so it didn't feel to cut and pasted together.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    - Now I'm coming to the disappointing part: Dawn's performance which ONCE AGAIN defied all logic! Since the new season started I haven't been able to think of one episode (except for the Pokeathlon episode maybe) where physics wasn't turned on its head. WHY again today? Oh no...:disgust:
    I mean, floating bubbles are ok, but floating ice bubbles.... NO, plain and simple: NO! And I don't want to hear objections like "Well, the writers can do anything", "They don't think about it properly", "This is a children's show" etc.
    If it had occurred during a less important part of the episode, I would perhaps have tolerated it, but that performance was the crucial element of today's episode and I guess we fans can rightly expect the writers to think about such decisive scenes properly and come up with more logical solutions if necessary! I'm disappointed!
    Ok this is a continuation of my rant from the first episode of the season.

    In this case I would like you to get your facts right, because physics-wise ice bubbles are totally possible. As ice is less dense than water the weight would not be a problem the reason this hasnt been done yet is because the bubbles usually pop before you freeze them (but i dont see you complaining about the ever-lasting bubbles though). So please stop talking about physics because it absolutely infuriates me because you are just one of those people who pick at things for the sake of picking at things and it takes the fun out of the whole thing!

    Now to make this post worth something. I really enjoyed the episode today, the performances were all a brilliant standard. Im really glad they all got through and im looking forward to part 2 of this contest. The dee dee thing was inventive that never crossed my mind but now i know lots of things make sense in the whole saga maining why dawn is so conscious of her hair.

    Overall, brilliant episode cant wait till part 2
    Last edited by Orton155; 27th June 2010 at 11:27 AM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

    Apparently i'm a...



    Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    When did it become necessary to shower the crowd with sparkles in order to make it past the appeal round?

    Meh, overall, a good episode. I like the Dee Dee backstory! Diamond Dandruff? It's kinda creepy, but...well, it's still funny!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Corey View Post
    you like the hoenn region ....... **dies of laughter......** lolololol
    sigh, arguing over subjective opinions...*dies la...oh wait, doing such a thing is so pointless, it's not even worth laughing about.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,693

    Default

    I liked how we learned about the Origin of Dawn's nickname, Dee Dee. I also liked seeing Ursula and three new Pokemon for her. Jeez, how many times are the writers going to do Ice/Water Appeals? I liked Ursula & Jessie's appeals the best.
    7/10

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    290

    Default

    I completely agree with what munchlaxboy is trying to say.

    Just throwing that out there.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Man I love Ursula. Way to humiliate Dawn - Dee Dee LOL
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern PA, USA
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Oh, god, another $&%#ing "Gouge-your-eyes" fest... still, there's something to look forward to, & for a world's first, I'll be including a pic from this episode inside my summary!

    Off we go!

    - We've finally arrived at Daybreak Town, just in time for yet another "Gouge-your-eyes" fest. Dawn is getting some last-minute training going on, when all of a sudden...
    - Look! It's Ursula, everybody's favorite punk #&^ @$#%^!
    - Turns out, she's also going out for her final ribbon, & to help her with this double performance, she's packing a Plusle & Minun. A generic duo? Absolutely! Not to mention that it's so predictable, & easily countered by a Pokemon with Lightning Rod.
    - Upon seeing her Plusle & Minun, Dawn starts having a hell of a panic attack, but over what??
    - Ursula teases Dawn by having her Plusle & Minun perform on her, which ends in them shocking her head & screwing up her hair in more ways than one.
    - Dawn flees the public eye, as she's too embarrassed over what Ursula has done to her hair. The rest of the gang follow suit, & as soon as everything's back to normal, they ask her what's the deal.
    - Her Plusle & Minun problems date waaay back to her Kindergarten days, in which she & her classmates had to take care of some Pokemon that are in the play pen.
    - Inside that play pen are a Plusle & Minun, which are potential hazards, especially for little children. What they could end up doing is send someone's heart into an arrhythmia, shock someone's body into total paralysis, or even worse, they could end up frying someone's limbs, thus turning them into crispy critters, thus rendering them useless & chances are, that they'll end up getting amputated. *sigh* $%#$ it, I'm rambling - I've been watching the Discovery Health Channel a little too much...
    - Upon seeing the Plusle & Minun, little Dawn's instincts are not unlike this, "Aww! A cute little Plusle & Minun! I'm going to hug you & squeeze you & call you two George!"
    - She does exactly that to those two, but seeing as to how these two don't like any of these (& who can blame them?) they end up giving her a shock of her life, which turns her skull into a smoking heap. ...Okay, not really... what actually happened is that it screwed her hair up in exactly the way that we've seen earlier, & this time, she's completely oblivious to what they've done.
    - Once they head back to class, Dawn's classmates make fun of her ruined hair, which they start calling it the "Diamond Dandruff" style. That eventually leads to them calling her Dee Dee. Ring a bell? If you people were paying attention to Dawn's past, it should.
    - Upon realizing what had happened, little Dawn starts crying...

    Like a wee baby!!!
    - Ahem! Okay, that's enough horseplay for now; we've got a "Gouge-your-eyes" fest to attend here!
    - Our first runner up is... Jesselina! She at first starts off with only "her" Carnivine. However, she also has an Arbok flute on her. Why? Well, Carnivine has another Pokeball in his mouth, & upon playing her flute, her Seviper comes out. & thus, her act of snake charming somehow awes the crowd & the judges, & it doesn't get her unked.
    - We fast forward over to Dawn's appeal, in which she uses Piplup's Bubblebeam, & her Buneary's Ice Beam, which freezes the bubbles in midair. Buneary then uses Bounce to land on each of the frozen bubbles as if they're stepping stones.
    - For her finale, she has Buneary use Dizzy Punch & Piplup's spinning Peck to burst those bubbles, & thus creating a shower of glitter.
    - Lastly, we again fast forward to Ursula's appeal, which has her using Gabite & Jigglypuff?! Get your soundproof earmuffs on, NOW!!
    - Her appeal is having her Jigglypuff curl up into a ball via Rollout, & having Gabite fool around with it on her shoulders. I didn't quite get the rest of this, but it was most definitely neat.
    - The result? Dawn, Ursula, &, against all odds, Jesselina, make it to the the contest war-zone, among five other unimportant people.
    - In the waiting room, Dawn & Ursula lock eyes with each other, but once her Plusle & Minun pop up, Dawn panics once more. This is going to go really well...

    That's wonderful... Dawn has a pet peeve of Plusle & Minun, & Ursula has both of them? If Dawn can't get her act together now, she's lost the fight before it has even begun! & like Jupiter has said, she needs a Psych consult for her problem... yesterday!
    Last edited by Brumrha; 30th June 2010 at 7:46 PM.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Blackburn lancashire
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Good episode i liked how we found out how Dawn got her nickname(And how cute was lill Kenny ^_^) and also Ursula plotting how to use Plusle and Minum. Jessies appeal was really intresting best one yet I think and glad all three of them got through to the battle rounds now the good stuff can begin. Good episode to tie things up for the 2nd episode

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Snuggling with Dawn <3
    Posts
    853

    Default

    I like the diamond dandruff, it looked kind of cute. Anyways it's good that Ash and Brock were so understanding of it and tried to give Dawn some confidence.


    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    It's good to be back.
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Why does EVERY Contest episode have to have sparkles?!? Seriously! ,:l

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    This was a good episode. Finally, we learned the origin of the name: DeeDee.
    Last edited by Typhlosion Trainer; 17th July 2010 at 6:46 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you


    My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

    Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

  25. #100

    Default

    Dawn was kinda bad. I mean the first time i watched it I thought Jessie had the best. Jessie actually did something(flute) with a snake and carnivorous plant. And whats up with Ursula? In her mind:
    Ball+Ferocious crazy Dragon= Amazing performance? All SHE did was tell Gabite and Jigglypuff what to do!
    Jessie owned Dawn and Ursula. Jumping on ice bubbles? On a scale of 1-10
    Dawn -2
    Ursula 3
    Jessie 7(she's good in comperison)

    Dawn's plan-Penguin blow bubbles. Bunny freeze bubbles and then jump on bubbles.Penguin and Bunny jump and pop bubbles.
    Last edited by AuraSphereEmpoleon; 25th July 2010 at 7:47 PM.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/4t4oqx.jpg[/IMG]

    We will bow down to your awesome power, master Empoleon!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •