Oh, god, another $&%#ing "Gouge-your-eyes" fest... still, there's something to look forward to, & for a world's first, I'll be including a pic from this episode inside my summary!
Off we go!
- We've finally arrived at Daybreak Town, just in time for yet another "Gouge-your-eyes" fest. Dawn is getting some last-minute training going on, when all of a sudden...
- Look! It's Ursula, everybody's favorite punk #&^ @$#%^!
- Turns out, she's also going out for her final ribbon, & to help her with this double performance, she's packing a Plusle & Minun. A generic duo? Absolutely! Not to mention that it's so predictable, & easily countered by a Pokemon with Lightning Rod.
- Upon seeing her Plusle & Minun, Dawn starts having a hell of a panic attack, but over what??
- Ursula teases Dawn by having her Plusle & Minun perform on her, which ends in them shocking her head & screwing up her hair in more ways than one.
- Dawn flees the public eye, as she's too embarrassed over what Ursula has done to her hair. The rest of the gang follow suit, & as soon as everything's back to normal, they ask her what's the deal.
- Her Plusle & Minun problems date waaay back to her Kindergarten days, in which she & her classmates had to take care of some Pokemon that are in the play pen.
- Inside that play pen are a Plusle & Minun, which are potential hazards, especially for little children. What they could end up doing is send someone's heart into an arrhythmia, shock someone's body into total paralysis, or even worse, they could end up frying someone's limbs, thus turning them into crispy critters, thus rendering them useless & chances are, that they'll end up getting amputated. *sigh* $%#$ it, I'm rambling - I've been watching the Discovery Health Channel a little too much...
- Upon seeing the Plusle & Minun, little Dawn's instincts are not unlike this, "Aww! A cute little Plusle & Minun! I'm going to hug you & squeeze you & call you two George!"
- She does exactly that to those two, but seeing as to how these two don't like any of these (& who can blame them?) they end up giving her a shock of her life, which turns her skull into a smoking heap. ...Okay, not really... what actually happened is that it screwed her hair up in exactly the way that we've seen earlier, & this time, she's completely oblivious to what they've done.
- Once they head back to class, Dawn's classmates make fun of her ruined hair, which they start calling it the "Diamond Dandruff" style. That eventually leads to them calling her Dee Dee. Ring a bell? If you people were paying attention to Dawn's past, it should.
- Upon realizing what had happened, little Dawn starts crying...
Like a wee baby!!!
- Ahem! Okay, that's enough horseplay for now; we've got a "Gouge-your-eyes" fest to attend here!
- Our first runner up is... Jesselina! She at first starts off with only "her" Carnivine. However, she also has an Arbok flute on her. Why? Well, Carnivine has another Pokeball in his mouth, & upon playing her flute, her Seviper comes out. & thus, her act of snake charming somehow awes the crowd & the judges, & it doesn't get her unked.
- We fast forward over to Dawn's appeal, in which she uses Piplup's Bubblebeam, & her Buneary's Ice Beam, which freezes the bubbles in midair. Buneary then uses Bounce to land on each of the frozen bubbles as if they're stepping stones.
- For her finale, she has Buneary use Dizzy Punch & Piplup's spinning Peck to burst those bubbles, & thus creating a shower of glitter.
- Lastly, we again fast forward to Ursula's appeal, which has her using Gabite & Jigglypuff?! Get your soundproof earmuffs on, NOW!!
- Her appeal is having her Jigglypuff curl up into a ball via Rollout, & having Gabite fool around with it on her shoulders. I didn't quite get the rest of this, but it was most definitely neat.
- The result? Dawn, Ursula, &, against all odds, Jesselina, make it to the the contest war-zone, among five other unimportant people.
- In the waiting room, Dawn & Ursula lock eyes with each other, but once her Plusle & Minun pop up, Dawn panics once more. This is going to go really well...
That's wonderful... Dawn has a pet peeve of Plusle & Minun, & Ursula has both of them? If Dawn can't get her act together now, she's lost the fight before it has even begun! & like Jupiter has said, she needs a Psych consult for her problem... yesterday!