Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net ItemDex Discussion Thread

Default Serebii.net ItemDex Discussion Thread

Well, the latest project is now up on Serebii.net. This is the ItemDex. It contains details for all the items within the games since Red & Green including effects, locations and pictures

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex

However, I have more than likely missed a few locations so if you have found one we don't have listed, let me know

Oh, I have more things to add to it, just figured it'd be best to go live beforehand

I knew it. I just knew it.
    For what I've seen so far it is excellent.

I'll try to find some missing stuff.

Again, just really cool.
    Thanks.

wow it's awesome thanks

i didn't even realise things like Big Root programmed as being held by wild Lileep.

maybe a suggestion in the feature, can there be a list of Pokemon with a chance of holding items? Like it shows all the pokemon who have the chance of having hold items so I know which ones I should use Thief on?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirgedot View Post
    I knew it. I just knew it.
    For what I've seen so far it is excellent.

I'll try to find some missing stuff.

Again, just really cool.
    Thanks.
    I had a feeling you'd like it :P

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMorty View Post
    wow it's awesome thanks

i didn't even realise things like Big Root programmed as being held by wild Lileep.

maybe a suggestion in the feature, can there be a list of Pokemon with a chance of holding items? Like it shows all the pokemon who have the chance of having hold items so I know which ones I should use Thief on?
    Not a bad idea, but that may be more relevant to the respective game sections

Honestly a tremendously awesome project.
    Features I like most are that Pokearth and the Berry Dex are interconnected with the Itemdex, and also the details given on some item pages, such as fossils, mails, and key items, e.g. fame checker.
    Something which the community needed to be honest and that everyone will use.
    Kudos Joe

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Wow, this is amazing. It must've taken a long time.

Thanks a lot, Serebii!

I just got back from glancing through it, and I love how you used the itemball sprites to show where they were available. It made me giggle a little.

Of course, I had to look at the often overlooked Berry Juice item. Is the thing about it turning into a Rare Candy when held by Shuckle fourth gen only? I've yet to play HGSS, so I wouldn't have known about that. Also... is it found on RockSmash Shuckle, or is that just some of that extraneous data that isn't actually used in the game?

Sorry for being nitpicky, but I really want to know this stuff.
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

It's on all wild shuckle in FRLG and HGSS

So I'm guessing that if say, a berry, was obtainable only via an event (being held by a legendary such as the Custap berry is held by the event Regigigas and the Rowap berry is held by the event Arceus), it won't be listed as the location? Arguably though, it's not a location but it's definitely how to obtain it.

-PC
    Mood: Getting ready for the AP exams. Anyone else excited for AP Gov, Calc, Chem, and Lit?

You can buy MooMoo Milk in Platinum at the cafe north of Solaceon Town. I don't recall if you can get it in D/P though.

I'm also pretty sure you can buy Lava Cookies in Veilstone Dept. Store in Platinum in the new basement.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    You can buy MooMoo Milk in Platinum at the cafe north of Solaceon Town. I don't recall if you can get it in D/P though.

I'm also pretty sure you can buy Lava Cookies in Veilstone Dept. Store in Platinum in the new basement.
    You can get the MooMoo milk in D/P too at the same place.

-PC
    Mood: Getting ready for the AP exams. Anyone else excited for AP Gov, Calc, Chem, and Lit?

this is excellent, but would it be possible to add which items can be purchased in the battle frontier? also if possible, TMs? i think that would be very helpful

Definitely about time that this was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00nMan View Post
    this is excellent, but would it be possible to add which items can be purchased in the battle frontier? also if possible, TMs? i think that would be very helpful
    Items purchasable at the BF are there. TMs, I haven't decided if I'll include them in the whole thing yet

Super cool like the site itself! Thanks alot Serebii!
    Credit goes to Matsu Otaku fom Blogspot
    Put this in your sig if you knew there would be a Gold/Silver remake before HeartGold/SoulSilver was even leaked!-Started by PokéAce
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeSuicidePlane View Post
    Flanney (or however tha **** you speel that *****'s name)

Quote Originally Posted by Private Caboose View Post
    So I'm guessing that if say, a berry, was obtainable only via an event (being held by a legendary such as the Custap berry is held by the event Regigigas and the Rowap berry is held by the event Arceus), it won't be listed as the location? Arguably though, it's not a location but it's definitely how to obtain it.

-PC
    I've been considering putting event pokemon's hold items in. If I do, then it'll appear, but it'll be a while

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It's on all wild shuckle in FRLG and HGSS
    Okay, thanks. (doesn't even remember FINDING wild Shuckle in FR)

Hmm... there's another Pokémon I need for my living Pokédex in Platinum...
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

Well as the index says, sometimes Pok&#233;mon are given hold items in the wild even if they aren't findable in the wild

The Sport Ball page's In-Depth effect says it was used to obtain Pokemon in the Safari Zone, should be in the Bug-Catching Contest instead

EDIT :
    - also, Safari Ball is obtainable in G/S/C? I thought the Safari Zone doesn't even exist?
    - and what about items being held by in-game trainer's Pokemon?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

You miswriten white apricorn as being turned in a "fasy ball" instead of "fast ball". And coukld you add the secret base itens too? I know it's not easy it's an idea only.

As I have said, I plan to add things including decorations into it. I went live with it as it is now for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Trainer View Post
    The Sport Ball page's In-Depth effect says it was used to obtain Pokemon in the Safari Zone, should be in the Bug-Catching Contest instead

EDIT :
    - also, Safari Ball is obtainable in G/S/C? I thought the Safari Zone doesn't even exist?
    - and what about items being held by in-game trainer's Pokemon?
    That last bit would be torture to do. I'll add it to the to-do list but it's not likely to occur soon

This will be incredibly useful. I'm always looking for the locations of items.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I like this. I like it a lot.

However, the Fast Ball was not in any Generation I or III games, as its entry would imply.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

It's not much, but there's no description for the Enigma Stone/Crystal in the Event Items Category. I also noticed that there is no section for TMs and HMs.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast