Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Playing the Performance Encore (630)

Good battle... and nice comeback by Dawn before that she was getting thrashed by Ursula

You know, with this episode, I'm really starting to get into contest episodes.
    Dawn finally get's her fifth ribbon, she really deserves it!
    Now it's on to the Grand Festival!!
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

I'd like to point out to all that the Swinub line is a pure-Ice type in the anime. Remember Pryce? I'm sure Dawn's Swinub has been affected too. It's either this or the writers realise that Electric types don't stand a chance with anime movesets. Would you have like Mamo to be immune? Cuz then P&M can't touch him. Would you have liked a Pryce battle with just Quick Attack and Aglity? Admit it, you wouldn't. These rules are because 1. Anime electric types fail against grounds and 2. Mamo is pure-Ice according to anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    I'd like to point out to all that the Swinub line is a pure-Ice type in the anime. Remember Pryce? I'm sure Dawn's Swinub has been affected too. It's either this or the writers realise that Electric types don't stand a chance with anime movesets. Would you have like Mamo to be immune? Cuz then P&M can't touch him. Would you have liked a Pryce battle with just Quick Attack and Aglity? Admit it, you wouldn't. These rules are because 1. Anime electric types fail against grounds and 2. Mamo is pure-Ice according to anime.
    Wrong. Mamoswine does does not get affected by electricity in the Grand Festival battle against Ursula.

Random : PokéRadar

Yeah, and I swear Pachirisu used Discharge during the Grand Festival, and Mamoswine just stood there unaffected (Discharge hits everyone - it was a nice touch).

This episode was pretty good, although I missed a bit of it in the beginning the animation looked pretty good. Nice comeback from Dawn as well, lucky she snapped out of the whole Dee-Dee thing with the hair.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was cool. It was great to see Dawn finally overcome her fears in this contest. Jessie's reaction when she lost was priceless! It was great to see Dawn finally win her 5th ribbon. Mamoswine and Cyndaquil did well, being able to take down Plusle and Minun in the final round. Unfortunately the Fire-Ice attack combo still wasn't perfected yet. The Encore move really made things difficult for Dawn, but she was able to overcome it. It was cool to see the Plus and Minus abilities shown. It was cool to see Mamoswine eat Ice Shard while surrounded by Swift, and then using Take Down attack.

95/100

Dawn in the grand festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MY Current BW TEAM!!!!

Awesome episode, I love contests and I'm gonna miss them so much during BW. The battles were awesome, shame to see Jessie get knocked out so soon. Ursula and Dawn's battle was amazing, and Dawn's comeback was fabulous! Flame-Ice looked awesome, but to be honest I think the judges were way in Dawn's favour :P Awesome to see Dawn get her fifth ribbon, I can't wait until the Grand Festival now!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

its an awesome contest episdode like the battle too! will miss it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Ugh, encore, I hate that move. So useful if the last move you used is super-effective. So annoying if you try to use it on the opponent (at least for me). It was a good strategy for Ursula to use against Dawn, but causing Dawn to live up to her nickname was cruel. And Jessie lost again. At least things are looking sunnier for her later. At least Dawn qualified for the Ribbon Cup after this episode.

7/10
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Ugh, encore, I hate that move. So useful if the last move you used is super-effective. So annoying if you try to use it on the opponent (at least for me). It was a good strategy for Ursula to use against Dawn, but causing Dawn to live up to her nickname was cruel. And Jessie lost again. At least things are looking sunnier for her later. At least Dawn qualified for the Ribbon Cup after this episode.

7/10
    To reclaim:

7/10
    To reclaim:

Great episode. Dawn was able to overcome her fear and beat Ursula in a come from behind win. That gives her ribbon #5 and now onto the Grand Fest!
    10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345