Page 927 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 8278779179239249259269279289299309319379771027 ... LastLast
Results 23,151 to 23,175 of 28448

Thread: Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Padfootismine View Post
    So everyone I preordering? Am I the only one waiting for the English release?
    I am. I don't see the point in wasting money on importing when it will be out in English in a couple of months.

I imported Diamond and I seriously regret it now. I have two English copies and my Japanese copy, which hasn't been played in three years.

I'll just watch Youtube videos or whatever to get my Pokemon fix. I bet Marriland will do commentary, and I freaking love how energetic he gets over the tiniest things.

Anyway, I think it's a bit odd that we're getting three trios this generation. Before it was always two trios, but this generation we got the Elemental Dragons, the Beasts/Arceus' Lovechildren, and the Genies.
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 14th September 2010 at 10:40 PM.

I'm hoping that ice cream Pokemon is not real. That's really just terrible.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."
    ~Karen

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/upl...y2-150x150.gif

looks like shaymin and arceus got busy

Is the rock/fighting legendary a bull or a bulldog. If it is a bulldog then that is just epic

I ordered Pokémon Black on PlayAsia on July 8th and it's in the preparing phase. They took out the money, too, so I hope it'll be shipped tonight so that I'll get it on Friday or Saturday.

On the note of regretting it: I bought Pearl in Japanese when it came out and SS as well, and I never regretted it once. I tried reading and taking as much as I can in and I did just fine. I highly doubt I'll regret this since I haven't before.

As for the confirmed Pokémon, I'm not digging those legendaries... assuming their confirmed. I'm liking the gray one, but... ehhhhh... the other two look really weird to me... and the sprites seem off. But ah well.

Regarding Buffalon, emonga and mamanbou.

Everybody instantly upon seeing these pokemon thought they were the evolutions of Tauros, pachirisu and luvdsic respectively due to massively similar appearance and consitent typing. However, many have speculated that due to the decison to ban all old pokemon from the new games until after the leauge, people have assumed they cannot be the evolutions.

However, what with all three being supposed evolutions of pokemon in desperate need of them, (Tauros being my favourite) and all three supposed prevo's being owned by a member of the main cast (ash, dawn, misty) they would be well recieved by fans and could easily be showcased by cameos of old members and could aid development, it would be a HUGE letdown if they were indeed not at all related.

I personally, as a fan from the 1st generation days would be offended as by making these pokemon instead of devopments of older lines to please us oldies; just cheap rip offs to please the fickle current generation of fans and am VERY angry at the thought of it.

I know in the past, if a old pokemon evolves, the whole line is placed in the new pokedex, IE roselia in sinnoh, however, this does not mean they have to have been included in the new dex. for example, was Roselia availble without budew in Hoenn? yes because budew didn't exist, but still, yes. Did mantine appear without mantyke, yes, but they were rare, as a second stage would be wheras mantyke were common. What I would say would be just make the three supposed evolutions rarer than the prevo's and use incense as the excuse for the lack of the old ones, as it works if the prevo's are new.

I understand some stroppy members have been saying '' I hope there are no evo's just to annoy older fans'' but at the end of the day, just as having new pokemon doesn't discust older fans why should redeeming old pokemon discust newer fans, they only have to just not use them if they don't like them. It is an idea that would likely stop older fans buying the game, wheras newer fans wouldn't not buy the game because there is an evolution of tauros in it as if they are new fans they wouldn't know what a tauros is anyway!

Ultimately, pokemon is cutting away its older fans. I know gen 3 was greatly critisiced (quite rightly) because of the lack of ties to old gens (trading, lack of any evo's, only 2 prevos) and altough they didn't include caterpie in the hoenn dex, wurmple was a cheap rip off, eg:

masquerain/venomoth
    delcatty/persian
    slaking/snorlax
    aggron/rhydon
    plusle/minun/pikachu
    seviper/arbok
    crawdaunt/kingler
    armalso/kabutops
    milotic/gyarados
    castform/ ditto
    walrein/dewgong
    salamence/dragonite

etc.
    Honestly would you rather Bufflalon to be an evolution of Tauros with a better moveset, stats and ability or just a cheap rip-off of it?
    would you rather luvdisc drown in the underused teir for ever, or allow them to evolve in mamanbou and give it MUCH better moves and stats and it become useable.
    would you prefer pachirsu to remain a pikachu clone and nothing else for ever, with its face transplanted onto another pokemon, or it gain a new type, better stats, moves and become useable?

Buffalon could be ultra rare in the safari zone eqivalent or be gifted by someone, it could evolve from tauros by being levelled up during the day holding an..... afro wig or something! Tauros could be bred from Buffalon via Herd Incense
    Mamanbou could evolve by use of some sort of scale or whatever and breed by Love Incense to get luvdisc.
    Emoga could evolve by some sort of fairy wings and breed to get pachi by Air Incense.

Anyone agree with my Nostalgia rant!?

naughtynun; Sorry to burst your bubble but Masuda himself confirmed that there are absolutely no relations to Gen. I-IV.

Read this; http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/pokemon...w-translations
    It's been posted before on this thread but has been doomed to the 1100+ pages of comments. So here it is again.

"Sugimori: We were developing it at the same time as Pocket Monsters Platinum and Pocket Monsters Heart Gold and Soul Silver. In this game, since old Pokemon do not appear, and a new world is the stage, we needed to create an ecosystem purely for the newly-designed Pokemon. Up until now, we designed with the philosophy that, “a mouse-like Pokemon already exists, so let’s make other Pokemon”—but this time they were all new. So, once again we designed a mouse-like Pokemon, a dog-like Pokemon, etc. from scratch." -Ken Sugimori

Not to mention you're grabbing for straws with a lot of those comparisons.

Castform and Ditto? Really? We can't have more than one Pokemon that changes forme?

Kabutops and Armaldo are different types, as are Venomoth and Masquerain.

You can't make ~650 Pokemon by using a completely new and fresh concept for every single one. Get over yourself.
    Last edited by Dr. Leggs; 14th September 2010 at 11:03 PM.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Regarding Buffalon, emonga and mamanbou.

Everybody instantly upon seeing these pokemon thought they were the evolutions of Tauros, pachirisu and luvdsic respectively due to massively similar appearance and consitent typing. However, many have speculated that due to the decison to ban all old pokemon from the new games until after the leauge, people have assumed they cannot be the evolutions.

However, what with all three being supposed evolutions of pokemon in desperate need of them, (Tauros being my favourite) and all three supposed prevo's being owned by a member of the main cast (ash, dawn, misty) they would be well recieved by fans and could easily be showcased by cameos of old members and could aid development, it would be a HUGE letdown if they were indeed not at all related.

I personally, as a fan from the 1st generation days would be offended as by making these pokemon instead of devopments of older lines to please us oldies; just cheap rip offs to please the fickle current generation of fans and am VERY angry at the thought of it.

I know in the past, if a old pokemon evolves, the whole line is placed in the new pokedex, IE roselia in sinnoh, however, this does not mean they have to have been included in the new dex. for example, was Roselia availble without budew in Hoenn? yes because budew didn't exist, but still, yes. Did mantine appear without mantyke, yes, but they were rare, as a second stage would be wheras mantyke were common. What I would say would be just make the three supposed evolutions rarer than the prevo's and use incense as the excuse for the lack of the old ones, as it works if the prevo's are new.

I understand some stroppy members have been saying '' I hope there are no evo's just to annoy older fans'' but at the end of the day, just as having new pokemon doesn't discust older fans why should redeeming old pokemon discust newer fans, they only have to just not use them if they don't like them. It is an idea that would likely stop older fans buying the game, wheras newer fans wouldn't not buy the game because there is an evolution of tauros in it as if they are new fans they wouldn't know what a tauros is anyway!

Ultimately, pokemon is cutting away its older fans. I know gen 3 was greatly critisiced (quite rightly) because of the lack of ties to old gens (trading, lack of any evo's, only 2 prevos) and altough they didn't include caterpie in the hoenn dex, wurmple was a cheap rip off, eg:

masquerain/venomoth
    delcatty/persian
    slaking/snorlax
    aggron/rhydon
    plusle/minun/pikachu
    seviper/arbok
    crawdaunt/kingler
    armalso/kabutops
    milotic/gyarados
    castform/ ditto
    walrein/dewgong
    salamence/dragonite

etc.
    Honestly would you rather Bufflalon to be an evolution of Tauros with a better moveset, stats and ability or just a cheap rip-off of it?
    would you rather luvdisc drown in the underused teir for ever, or allow them to evolve in mamanbou and give it MUCH better moves and stats and it become useable.
    would you prefer pachirsu to remain a pikachu clone and nothing else for ever, with its face transplanted onto another pokemon, or it gain a new type, better stats, moves and become useable?

Buffalon could be ultra rare in the safari zone eqivalent or be gifted by someone, it could evolve from tauros by being levelled up during the day holding an..... afro wig or something! Tauros could be bred from Buffalon via Herd Incense
    Mamanbou could evolve by use of some sort of scale or whatever and breed by Love Incense to get luvdisc.
    Emoga could evolve by some sort of fairy wings and breed to get pachi by Air Incense.

No, and I think you need to get over it. Pokemon is not cutting anything off, the people who started with RGBY are simply growing up and moving away from Pokemon. Generation 3's criticism was highly unwarranted. GameFreak had no control over trading with the first two generations, and there's no logical reason to assume that everything has to be directly related to the first generations to be considered good. Pokemon's fanbase is largely (and always will be) children. The fans who started with generations 1 and 2 are not the majority.

The bull, Mamanbou, and Emonga are not related to Tauros, Luvdisc, and Pachirisu. If it bothers you that much, stop playing the games.

Speaking of new Pokemon, I haven't really commented on Baffuron. I didn't even think it was a buffalo until someone pointed it out lol. I was sure it was just another bull like Tauros except with an Afro this time to differentiate the two lol. I think it's in the same class as Tauros though, meaning that it'll have some crazy base attack stats and speed stats in battle. That's probably best shown when it used that Afro Break attack.

We got the last 2!!

619: Monk Warrior Pokémon. Martial arts pose, brown body, pink arms and legs. 620: Similar to 619, white color and mustache. Fighting Type.
    Pokedex complete! :P

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    1. theyre confirmed to be unrelated
    2. people dont say they want no evos of old ones just to annoy older fans!
    3. DONT STATE YOURE OPPINION AS A FACT. its not a fact that gen1 is the best, but an oppinion. I like gen 3 the best.
    4. use your braincell, so it might get company.

sorry i dont mean to be rude but i hate nostalgia people claiming their oppinions as a fact
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

I see what itis meant but i wouldnt call them rip offs. By what its bing said any SNAKE pokemon will be a rip off or arbok, every CATERPILLAR pokemon will be a rip off of caterpie and so on and so on. Sometimes its done on purpose, sometimes its accidental but regardless its hard not to have new pokemon simaler to old ones since there based on known animals.

Also going back to what i said about this being done on purpose is that its more like a them. Obvious one: pigeot, swellow, staraptor. They look every diffrently but I wouldnt call em rip offs, just re made versions of common pokemon you would find ",

Also I have to say that my favorite 2 generations are the 1st and 3rd. besides the legendaries and starters i did'nt care much for the pokemon.
    Last edited by davidxrawr; 14th September 2010 at 11:08 PM.

LOVE HINA

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Speaking of new Pokemon, I haven't really commented on Baffuron. I didn't even think it was a buffalo until someone pointed it out lol. I was sure it was just another bull like Tauros except with an Afro this time to differentiate the two lol. I think it's in the same class as Tauros though, meaning that it'll have some crazy base attack stats and speed stats in battle. That's probably best shown when it used that Afro Break attack.
    Yeah he's definatley going to be up there in attack with Tauros, not sure about speed though since he looks a tad heavier built then Tauros is.

But keep in mind his abilities, Herbivore/Reckless. Reckless would double Afro Break's damage but also double the recoil, so Buffalon would essentially be a sort of Kamikazi attacker.

And more then likely, Buffalon's reckless Afro break will beat out Porygon Z's Adaptability Hyper Beam as most powerful attack in the game.

I don't see why people are complaining about the Bug clam or the Electric lamprey. I think it's good that Gamefreak is mixing up the types a bit. Remember Sudowoodo? Remember, in the second generation, when you tried to use a fire attack on it and were shocked that it didn't work? Yeah.

Gamefreak like sticking Aquatic pokemon in the desert, it's their thing.

I just spent that last 10 minutes looking at all of these images in past pages, and I'm thinking, wow.

In some cases thats a good wow, as in that looks amazing, but with others, you kind of have to wonder, seriously whatever he or shes been smoking, can i get some of that. As some of those designs are just weird.

I don't think i've ever been as excited for a new generation of Pokemon before, and i'm 100% sure its because of the fact that we've been promised none of the Pokemon from 1st-4th gen are in the games(at least not pre-E4). Which to me is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I don't see why people are complaining about the Bug clam or the Electric lamprey. I think it's good that Gamefreak is mixing up the types a bit. Remember Sudowoodo? Remember, in the second generation, when you tried to use a fire attack on it and were shocked that it didn't work? Yeah.
    Were you really one of those people?

I always thought the Sudowoodo being Rock-type thing was common knowledge, even when playing the games for the first time. That's why they had the whole water sprinkler quest.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    I just spent that last 10 minutes looking at all of these images in past pages, and I'm thinking, wow.

In some cases thats a good wow, as in that looks amazing, but with others, you kind of have to wonder, seriously whatever he or shes been smoking, can i get some of that. As some of those designs are just weird.

I don't think i've ever been as excited for a new generation of Pokemon before, and i'm 100% sure its because of the fact that we've been promised none of the Pokemon from 1st-4th gen are in the games(at least not pre-E4). Which to me is fantastic.
    I agree. I've been playing these games for over 10 years... and I am THRILLED TO DEATH that there's no old pokemon. I am sick to death of geodude and zubat. I love them, but... it's just tiring.

Nostalgia people... I don't know why they're happier. I'm one of them... And to me, there being no connections to past generations, pokemon I've never used before...

It's going to make me feel young again. It's going to all be new to me, just like when I first picked up Red. To me, it's going to feel like I get a second childhood in a way. Yes, the new pokemon are weird and odd... It was the same for every past gen. I loved it then, I'll love it now. I don't think I'll ever stop loving it. It may make me sound geeky, creepy, freaky, or a creepy freak geek but... I think that' the way it'll always be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post

Is this the Polar Bear? I was hoping it would be more stereotyped and cliche'd... (meaning fat and stupid)
    Since when are polar bears fat and stupid? Especially in this series--bears have only ever been portrayed as wickedly powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Dragon View Post
    We got the last 2!!

Pokedex complete! :P
    Really?

So we're only waiting for these
        Spoiler:- Unnumbered Pokemon:

Pokemon to be numbered?

That's awesome. We know about every single 5th Gen Pokemon now!
    Last edited by Grei; 14th September 2010 at 11:21 PM.

Is it just me that thinks Wargle is very far down in the dex? It just seems a little low down..

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Not too sure what i think about the fighting monks, nice idea... well funny idea and quite clever tbh. I think it's because i wanted the last two to be rock types thats made me a bit meh about these. Hopefully they look good anyway more fighting types are welcome to me since i found it hard to find a decent one in SS so maybe these new guys could get my attention and use.
    FC: 4356-0274-2119
    FS: Elec - Emolga, Pikachu, Dedenne

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Is it just me that thinks Wargle is very far down in the dex? It just seems a little low down..
    Yeah I know. I thought it was a regional bird like Fearow
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Seems Oha Suta supports Pokexperto... showing Churines dex number... as you guessed it.. the same as Pokexperto!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    It is, in fact. It's in the last 17 before the Legendaries, which I'm worried about. I want to get a Wargle (or it's pre-evo) earlier on, I don't want to wait until later in the game (where most of the Pokemon later in the Dex reside).

I'm betting they'll be next to the Vultures.
    Last edited by Grei; 14th September 2010 at 11:40 PM.

I wonder what the significance of the Bug/Fire line is. They're right in between the Pseudo-legendarys and the Legendaries. They must have some osrt of significance than the average Pokemon, right? Otherwise, why not place them in front of the Psuedo line?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Page 927 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 8278779179239249259269279289299309319379771027 ... LastLast