Thread: Need help with my Battle Tower team (3rd man)

Default Need help with my Battle Tower team (3rd man)

So far, my team is

@ Focus Sash (Speed Boost)
    Protect
    Air Slash
    Bug Buzz
    Hypnosis

@ Life Orb
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    *which dragon move should I use*
    *what should his last attack be*

My strategy is to lead with , protect so I can get my speed boost, then hypnotize the opponent, switch to , try to DD as much as I can and then sweep. (can't decide on last 2 moves)

My problem is that my strategy revolves practically only around those two, so I have no idea on who I should have as my 3rd man.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Use something that resists Rock and Ice. Both of your current members are weak to them. If, for example, a Froslass comes out and Yanmega's Hypnosis misses, you're pretty much done. I would go with a Steel type.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropiosaurus View Post
    So far, my team is

@ Focus Sash (Speed Boost)
    Protect
    Air Slash
    Bug Buzz
    Hypnosis

@ Life Orb
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    *which dragon move should I use*
    *what should his last attack be*

If you want it to be physical, go with Outrage as his 'Dragon Attack' and Roost on the last slot to make him hang in there a little longer. Thats probably the best, however moves like Brick Break, Stone Edge, Aqua Tail can be used for type coverage I guess. You can also go for a mixed sweeper, then DD wont be as useful though.

My strategy is to lead with , protect so I can get my speed boost, then hypnotize the opponent, switch to , try to DD as much as I can and then sweep. (can't decide on last 2 moves)

My problem is that my strategy revolves practically only around those two, so I have no idea on who I should have as my 3rd man.

Using Marrilands teambuilder your weaknesses currently are: 400%: Ice and Rock and 200%: Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock and Dragon. Looking at that a steel poke would indeed be useful, perhaps Registeel? However that makes you more vurnerable to Fire, and you got nothing to counter it. It's a hard one alright, Water would make you more weak to Electric type attacks and nothing to counter it... I'm not really sure what to put in the third slot, you've got quite some weaknesses with those two. Perhaps Magnezone can work, but I wouldn't know.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance
    "Suggestions" in bold.
    I do not breed or trade anymore, I'm sorry. I play on simulators etc. now.

^ Salamence counters Fire just fine, given that it has Earthquake. Also, Outrage + Dragon Dance can go horribly wrong in the Tower, given the amount of Hax you will find there. I suggest Dragon Claw instead. In the 4th place, IMO, Fire Fang is the way to go for the Ice-Types. If you do this, then consider Leftovers > Life Orb because you will be lacking Roost to restore your health. However, you may want to reserve the Leftovers for your last member, which I still think should be Steel.

I have a Relaxed Magnemite with around 29 SpA IV's IIRC.

What would be a good moveset for it though?

I'm thinking

Magenzone @ Leftovers
    Substitute
    Magnet Rise
    Thunderbolt
    Either ThunderWave or Flash. idk which one is better.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Tropiosaurus; 12th February 2010 at 7:46 PM. Reason: I put modest instead of relaxed

^ I'm afraid that Magnemite probably won't do. Any good Magnezone, assuming you want an offensive one, should be either Modest or Timid with HP[ICE] at its disposal. You would most likely want both HP[ICE] and Thunderbolt for attacking, and then you might want Thunder Wave and Flash Cannon (Flash Cannon is normally a bad move, but it deals with this team's glaring Rock and Ice weaknesses brilliantly).
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 12th February 2010 at 8:05 PM.