Thread: Eon's Speed Team: Mach 1.0

Default Eon's Speed Team: Mach 1.0

In order for Proleiator Invinctus to clean up the Tower before I get Soul Silver, I've created a Speed Team to help me ace the first 49. I've used Pokemon that aren't common on Speed Teams, just to be different.

Gallade@Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    Ev's:252Atk/236Spe/20Hp
    ~Steadfast~
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut
    -Night Slash
    -Stone Edge

ScarfLade. Standard as it gets, except that I'm running 236 Speed EV's, simply because it's the minimum ammount he needs to outspeed the highest speed teir he can with Adamant at +1(Scarf).

Porygon-Z@Wise Glasses
    Timid
    Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Spe/4Hp
    ~Adaptability~
    -Tri Attack
    -HP Fighting
    -Dark Pulse
    -Shock Wave

Porygon-Z. Again, standard. A straight up attacking set is all he can really do. Thanks to AlCario for the changes to Porygon-Z.

Zapdos@Life Orb
    Timid
    ~Pressure~
    -Thunderbolt
    -Heat Wave
    -HP Grass
    -Roost

And Zapdos to finish. Guards against both Gallade's Flying weakness and PZ's Fighting weakness. Standard LO set.

Fire Away.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 11th February 2010 at 9:44 PM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

u r b sch a n00b lololololololololol u fail

lol, it seems solid to me. After all its just a speed team. But as Terry would say, its extremely hax week...sorry. You can't reach 1500 like he can...

This team is pretty good. But do you realise that Gallade may hit only one Pokemon and KO it before it may have to switch out?

eg: You use Psycho Cut on a Croagunk/Toxicroak. Then, in comes some Dark type. You have to give your opponent a free turn to switch.

However, the other 2 members are solid, and Zapdos can definitely take a hit, so I suppose it is not a problem.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    In order for Proleiator Invinctus to clean up the Tower before I get Soul Silver, I've created a Speed Team to help me ace the first 49. I've used Pokemon that aren't common on Speed Teams, just to be different.

Gallade@Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    Ev's:252Atk/236Spe/20Hp
    ~Steadfast~
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut
    -Night Slash
    -Stone Edge

Good. Able to hit for a lot of damage on most things.

ScarfLade. Standard as it gets, except that I'm running 236 Speed EV's, simply because it's the minimum ammount he needs to outspeed the highest speed teir he can with Adamant at +1(Scarf).

Porygon-Z@Wise Glasses
    Timid
    ~Adaptability~
    -Tri Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Beam

Porygon-Z. Again, standard. A straight up attacking set is all he can really do. Only deviation from the norm is that Swift is under consideration to deal with Double Team Hax.

Tri Attack is a STAB that works really well on PZ. If you really need Swift, get rid of Dark Pulse. But I don't recommend it.

Zapdos@Choice Specs
    Timid
    ~Pressure~
    -Thunderbolt
    -Heat Wave
    -HP Grass
    -U-turn

And Zapdos to finish. Guards against both Gallade's Flying weakness and PZ's Fighting weakness. Standard LO set.

Hmm...this one I'm not too sure about. I like U-turn, in case you come across something that resists T-bolt, Heat Wave, and Hidden Power Grass like Steelix. However, you can keep Roost, and keep it the way it is. And, I recommend Choice Specs, because you'll hit for a lot more damage.

Fire Away.

Comments in Bold. Pretty well planned team.

Credit to the amazing Gladeshadow!

IGN: Aaron
    Platinum FC: 3696-1394-7486

A little note to depressed ppl:

I know how you feel. I've been through it before.
    I'm still dealing with it right now, too.
    There are friends out there, who want to help. I know I have some. Someone loves you, even though you have no idea where, or who it is.
    So, just make sure to never give up. Fall down 7 times get up 8.
    I wish you luck, because in the end, I know happiness will come to you, and me.

^lol at Zapdos being walled by STeelix. Fire destroys Steel, mate. Get your type advantages right.^
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Forgot about that, sorry.

Credit to the amazing Gladeshadow!

IGN: Aaron
    Platinum FC: 3696-1394-7486

A little note to depressed ppl:

I know how you feel. I've been through it before.
    I'm still dealing with it right now, too.
    There are friends out there, who want to help. I know I have some. Someone loves you, even though you have no idea where, or who it is.
    So, just make sure to never give up. Fall down 7 times get up 8.
    I wish you luck, because in the end, I know happiness will come to you, and me.

Well, it'll never break 4000 like that 12 year old girl Terry secretly knows about. But it will get its job done.
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

Boltbeam is overrated on P-z. Dark-Fighting is another combination that gets amazing coverage and generally works better with Pory's Normal-type STAB.

Porygon-z@Wise Glasses/whatever
    Timid
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Tri Attack
    -Dark Pulse
    -HP Fight
    -Swift/Shock Wave

This set, perhaps with a couple of alterations, is what you should be running on Pory. Essentially the idea is that you destroy things with Tri-Attack, with Dark Pulse and HP Fight covering the types that resist it. The last slot covers haxers.

Quote Originally Posted by hailflameblast View Post
    This team is pretty good. But do you realise that Gallade may hit only one Pokemon and KO it before it may have to switch out? eg: You use Psycho Cut on a Croagunk/Toxicroak. Then, in comes some Dark type. You have to give your opponent a free turn to switch.
    True, but conversely, Gallade can wipe entire teams out in a matter of seconds. It's a trade off I've done my best to remedy.

However, the other 2 members are solid, and Zapdos can definitely take a hit, so I suppose it is not a problem.
    True. I'm basically set.

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    Boltbeam is overrated on P-z. Dark-Fighting is another combination that gets amazing coverage and generally works better with Pory's Normal-type STAB.

Porygon-z@Wise Glasses/whatever
    Timid
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Tri Attack
    -Dark Pulse
    -HP Fight
    -Swift/Shock Wave

This set, perhaps with a couple of alterations, is what you should be running on Pory. Essentially the idea is that you destroy things with Tri-Attack, with Dark Pulse and HP Fight covering the types that resist it. The last slot covers haxers.
    Interesting. I think I'll run that instead. Thanks.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."