Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Tower Team-EX I

Hybrid View

Default Battle Tower Team-EX I

Bring it. I have constructed this team to bring out true power, after years of creation (yeah, this was meant to be my first team but then I knew I had to work better so I made other teams as templates for this one) This team will break the barrier. I am about to show all I know, I will demonstrate how hax in the BT can be countered, and at the same time deal heavy damage and stall all in one. I know I said unoriginality was wrong, but this combines unoriginality with true originality. I didn't do this alone too, I did this with MillionThousand and TrapinchBarrier from Secret Tower Revolution, and with Storm Rider from "Official Invite Only Wi-Fi Zone" We all agree this is the limit breaker, Trapinch will use this team, you just have to show the way forward, give us help, we can beat Peterko.

~Team First Look~

~Epic Lead~

Latias@Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 HP, 144 SpD, 114 Def
    Trick
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Pulse
    Calm Mind
    Right, I have reasons. The only reason I have more SpD is because special attackers are more common in the BT than physical (this changes around 3000 but this team can't get there in a million years. My goal is to beat Peterko anyway so I'm safe from that switch. Also note that special attackers run better moves than physical attackers anyway. Incase I get haxed by ScarfTaunt (Speed won't cut it as they (case reference Infernape/Absol) run 252 Speed EVs) I guess that's all I gotta explain.

Powerhouse

Scizor@Muscle Band
    Impish
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Full on good-team in 2 Pokémon. AA is for hax protection, and have you seen how many times Dual-Screening comes in in the late BT? Well, I've not really used a hax-proof team before, this will cut it, though. I added Speed for quicker BB/AA. It may not matter on BP, unless something lol happens. Impish is the only Defense I can use really, but don't sweat-this combo got TrapinchBarrier's team of Scizor, Torterra, and Arcanine to 1500 alone. That's why I elected him. So I could get the true power out of Scizor. I hope this guy helps out well.

Wrap up with more directness!

Feraligatr@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Punch
    Aqua Jet
    Earthquake
    Boom. Two physical attackers, almost identical, adding great synenergy. This is the reason I selected Storm Rider, BTW. I tweaked their teams in a way I can't describe. Great synenergy, but an attacking downside. But then again, there's always a way to win with this team.

~Rate away~
    Last edited by Terry. T.; 8th February 2010 at 7:38 PM.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Terry, you Scizor worries me. With no protection, there is nothing to stop it from getting a good setup then having Infernape or something like that come in, lol at it, and OHKO. You need Sub, IMO. Same with 'Gatr. And Latias shouldn't really be attacking at all. She has one dedicated job, and she must do it well.
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 8th February 2010 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    ^ How come this person's banned, but their SPAM is still here? :S

@ Terry, you Scizor worries me. With no protection, there is nothing to stop it from getting a good setup then having Infernape or something like that come in, lol at it, and OHKO. You need Sub, IMO. Same with 'Gatr. And Latias shouldn't really be attacking at all. She has one dedicated job, and she must do it well.
    Ah, there's no problem. TB just broke 70 and she's going strong. (Yeah, I forgot she's a cute 12-year old girl)
    I don't need Sub. I have hax protection and I think this team will run smoothly up to 1000, I used a BT calculator (with real people) and this team will get to 1500.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Then why bother posting an RMT if it's already bound for 1500?

Then why bother posting an RMT if it's already bound for 1500?
    I don't know. Didn't Peterko?
    BTW-It's at 150 and now with Scizor Substitute. If this team is being used by a girl who broke 4000 you'll think I'm safe. I know it'll peak 1500.

Scizor@Muscle Band
    Same EVs and Nature
    Substitute
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Bullet Punch
    This set is better because it does run Sub but it still doesn't work good. Also Latias has an attack for logical reasons. If you've seen the high 2000's you'll know what I'm talking about. If you don't believe me, that's your loss because you're messing with someone who creates excellent teams in groups here.

BTW-Feraligatr might be leaving the team for a Starmie. Thoughts?

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Terry. T. View Post
    I don't know. Didn't Peterko?
    BTW-It's at 150 and now with Scizor Substitute. If this team is being used by a girl who broke 4000 you'll think I'm safe. I know it'll peak 1500.
    To be honest, I doubt Peterko knew how far his team would get.

Scizor@Muscle Band
    Same EVs and Nature
    Substitute
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Bullet Punch
    This set is better because it does run Sub but it still doesn't work good. Also Latias has an attack for logical reasons. If you've seen the high 2000's you'll know what I'm talking about. If you don't believe me, that's your loss because you're messing with someone who creates excellent teams in groups here.
    Heatran will absolute destroy this set. It needs Brick Break > Aerial Ace, IMO.

BTW-Feraligatr might be leaving the team for a Starmie. Thoughts?
    Starmie isn't bulky enough to make a TrickScarf team, IMO. Just stick Sub on 'Gatr and you're fine.

To be honest, I doubt Peterko knew how far his team would get.

Really?

Heatran will absolute destroy this set. It needs Brick Break > Aerial Ace, IMO.

I can just switch. One thing that never happens in the 3000's is the never do good predictions. One DD and I can do great. (I'm good at identifiying that kind of thing)

Starmie isn't bulky enough to make a TrickScarf team, IMO. Just stick Sub on 'Gatr and you're fine.

It can be a strong attacker if I can make it work.
    Also I can use a Milotic if I need. Gyarados is a better option, but I love Milotic.

Tumblr

BT Calculator? Sounds like you're just trying to impress us, atleast that's what it looks like to me :/

Bring it. I have constructed this team to bring out true power, after years of creation (yeah, this was meant to be my first team but then I knew I had to work better so I made other teams as templates for this one) This team will break the barrier. I am about to show all I know, I will demonstrate how hax in the BT can be countered, and at the same time deal heavy damage and stall all in one. I know I said unoriginality was wrong, but this combines unoriginality with true originality. I didn't do this alone too, I did this with MillionThousand and TrapinchBarrier from Secret Tower Revolution, and with Storm Rider from "Official Invite Only Wi-Fi Zone" We all agree this is the limit breaker, Trapinch will use this team, you just have to show the way forward, give us help, we can beat Peterko.

~Team First Look~

~Epic Lead~

Latias@Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 HP, 144 SpD, 114 Def
    Trick
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Pulse
    Calm Mind
    Right, I have reasons. The only reason I have more SpD is because special attackers are more common in the BT than physical (this changes around 3000 but this team can't get there in a million years. My goal is to beat Peterko anyway so I'm safe from that switch. Also note that special attackers run better moves than physical attackers anyway. Incase I get haxed by ScarfTaunt (Speed won't cut it as they (case reference Infernape/Absol) run 252 Speed EVs) I guess that's all I gotta explain.

Just a question. Why are you running Calm Mind and Dragon Pulse on Latias? The idea of TrickScarf Latias is to Trick, Thunder Wave and whatever to allow one of your set-up sweepers to set up with ease. Latias also wants to be Bold or Calm Natured to get better overall Defensive capabilities.

Powerhouse

Scizor@Muscle Band
    Impish
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Full on good-team in 2 Pokémon. AA is for hax protection, and have you seen how many times Dual-Screening comes in in the late BT? Well, I've not really used a hax-proof team before, this will cut it, though. I added Speed for quicker BB/AA. It may not matter on BP, unless something lol happens. Impish is the only Defense I can use really, but don't sweat-this combo got TrapinchBarrier's team of Scizor, Torterra, and Arcanine to 1500 alone. That's why I elected him. So I could get the true power out of Scizor. I hope this guy helps out well.

The lack of Substitute will not get you far. Hax will absolutely destroy you. Scizor wants it over Aerial Ace. Losing Brick Break means Magnezone can wall this quite well as a +6 Bullet Punch will fail to 3HKO it and Aerial Ace will be no better. Bullet Punch is needed for obvious reasons so that stays and losing Swords Dance defeats the purpose of the set. Steel + Fighting gets decent +6 coverage in the Battle Tower. Practically everything will be OHKOed or 2HKOed once fully set up just with Bullet Punch and Brick Break as nothing 4x resists Fighting + Steel. Scizor also wants an Adamant Nature with max Attack and near max HP with the rest of the EVs put in Scizor's Defenses or Speed. Scizor does not need max Speed at all.

Wrap up with more directness!

Feraligatr@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Aqua Jet
    Substitute
    Boom. Two physical attackers, almost identical, adding great synenergy. This is the reason I selected Storm Rider, BTW. I tweaked their teams in a way I can't describe. Great synenergy, but an attacking downside. But then again, there's always a way to win with this team.

Substitute needs to be used over Earthquake for proper hax protection, Swords Dance over Dragon Dance as Dragon Dance + priority seems pretty stupid and is I think is an illegal breeding combination and Dragon Claw over Ice Punch as Water + Dragon is the best 2 attack coverage that Feraligatr can get. Water + Ground means Water Absorb Mantine will completely rape Feraligatr regardless of how set up it is and Water + Ice is outclassed by Water + Dragon in terms of Type coverage. Only Empoleon and Shedinja resist Water + Dragon and at +6, Empoleon will not matter and Shedinja is walled by Scizor anyway and disappears after the first 20 battles. You may want to consider adding some bulk too but Feraligatr is actually pretty bulky even with no investment in Defenses so it may be fine as it is.

~Rate away~
    Suggestions bolded. This team has some potential once the suggested changes are made. I'm not too sure how far you'll get but it could work. Magnezone will be problematic if Scizor is gone and if Feraligatr isn't set up enough. I highly doubt you'll reach 1500 wins with the current team set-up either as the hax will destroy you without hax protection.
    Last edited by Final; 9th February 2010 at 3:19 AM.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Well, it's unoriginal, you're pulling random facts out of your *** (more special attackers after 3000? The hell?) and the other raters have suggested everything.

Have a nice day.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

You obviously haven't been checking Smogon's Tower happenings lately, as Peterko is only in second place; Jumpman16 surpassed 2363 and hasn't lost yet - he could go to 5000 or something.

Also, this isn't an insult, rather a fact: The team loses to hax. You can't 'counter hax' completely, least of all with this team...

Anyway, have fun with 10-turn freezes, with complimentary freezes, triple CHs (I'd know about that), Brightpowder/Lax Incense misses (consecutively), etc. These will inevitable all occur in one unlucky battle.

So yeah, I'm only stating the facts. Don't blame me if the facts aren't nice.

My 1 in 8192 chance shinies: x2!, , , ... and ... lol >_>

My Poke Radar shinies: Metagross, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Weavile, Wobbuffet, Nincada, Bagon, Bronzong, Umbreon.

"Well, well. Duckstealer McStealsducks. Been stealing ducks, have we?"
    "No." *Hides*
    "Curses! I was so sure..."

As noted by many above, Substitute, Substitute, Substitute.
    Latias should not have CM and Dragon Pulse. Use Flash and
    Charm/Safeguard, since she has no business attacking. Her
    purpose is to support the team by allowing an easy set-up.

Aqua Jet is pointless, since Gatr will be at +6 Spe and will
    outspeed everything anyway. Yes, priority users will be
    more of a problem, but you should be investing some
    EV in HP anyways.

You lack a special attacker, since Latias should not be
    attacking anything
    . I can't think of one ATM, but I'll
    do some thinking and get back to you.

^Click it!^

Terry, why do you feel the need to lie to us about the Battle Tower all the damn time? There have only been two people ever to surpass 1000, and yet you claim to know several people who have gotten as high as 4000. Where are you getting this knowledge from? And what the hell is this Battle Tower Calculator that tells you how far your team will get?

Oh, by the way, the folks over at Smogon found this thread, and are having a good laugh about it. Look on page 79 of the thread.
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporeon4evr View Post
    Terry, why do you feel the need to lie to us about the Battle Tower all the damn time? There have only been two people ever to surpass 1000, and yet you claim to know several people who have gotten as high as 4000. Where are you getting this knowledge from? And what the hell is this Battle Tower Calculator that tells you how far your team will get?

Oh, by the way, the folks over at Smogon found this thread, and are having a good laugh about it. Look on page 79 of the thread.
    -Why do I hate Smogon so much?
    -Wow, if no-one gets the word "secret" that's that.

Tumblr

^ And why exactly would someone want to keep a 4000-win streak secret, exactly? You really haven't thought this through, have you?

^ And why exactly would someone want to keep a 4000-win streak secret, exactly? You really haven't thought this through, have you?
    No, no-one believed them. It's obvious in a way.
    Message to everyone on Smogon:
    Flamers never get anywhere. I'm signing in.

Tumblr

No, no-one believed them. It's obvious in a way.
    Message to everyone on Smogon:
    Flamers never get anywhere. I'm signing in.
    I'm so confused by everything you do.

I'll say to you what I've been saying to you this whole time:

PROVE IT

Then we'll start to take you seriously.

^ Good luck getting any proof out of Terry. He'll avoid the subject at all costs.

^ Good luck getting any proof out of Terry. He'll avoid the subject at all costs.
    Well, too bad for him. We won't take him seriously until he can back these outrageous claims, which means he has no room to complain until he does.

^ He knows, which is why he's taken this team to Smogon. Because he obviously won't get flamed there, and everyone will believe him and worship him like a God.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthr...=52858&page=80

Omigod. Does anyone have a decent method of restraining laughter? I really need it right now.

Terry GTFO, this is ****ing ****. You're obviously lying since you can't give us any ****ing proof, and everytime the subject comes up you change the subject. You're really starting to ****ing piss me off, even more then my over use of F-bombs in the this post.

"Requests Lock "

-O_O- Wow... Bozo actually sigged it... *nods of disapproval...*
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

This. Is. Epic.

@Terry: Until you start taking good advice from
    people who obviously know more than you, stop
    lying about things that are obviously untrue, and
    stop being outrageously overconfident in your
    "skills" no one will ever take you seriously.

I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but I'm at a
    loss. Did I say "obviously" enough?

^Click it!^

Terry, please don't defend your lies. By doing so you are digging the hole you are sinking into so quicky that soon it will become bottomless. Just try and respect your betters.

I have nothing more to add.

To think this all started with a little PM I sent to DrDimentio three days ago...

Congratulations, Terry - Peterko recognises your existence.

But he ain't happy about it.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast