Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Ire With Fire! (631)

I thought that bit towards the end was Flare Blitz, when he caught Emp, Pikachu and Piplup - he did seem to coat himself in fire - but I guess not.

Looks like Flint will teach him it, and that's only in a couple of weeks. I think he'll learn Blast Burn in a last ditch effort to get the edge on Paul's Electabuzz/vire or his Torterra, meaning he has upgraded from Flamethrower and Flame Wheel into two more powerful attacks.

So what is Lake Valor? You mean Lake Mesprit?

All of those Lakes have too similar names for me to care unless I call them by their respective Pixie locations.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I knew Monferno would evolve into Infernape!

Way to go, Infernape.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    All of those Lakes have too similar names for me to care unless I call them by their respective Pixie locations.
    I... what?

Lake Acuity (North)
    Lake Valor (East)
    Lake Verity (West)

Off the top of my head. And of all the ones talked about, Lake Valor has to be the most famous. It has the Valor Lakefront. It's the one closest to Sunyshore. They had the Wallace Cup there.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Lake Acuity (North)
    Lake Valor (East)
    Lake Verity (West)
    Like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    That or I just didn't care enough to memorize the lake names due to how horrendous the games were.

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Angry

Barry meets Paul for the first time. That just HAD to be good!

Also, surprisingly, Monferno looked cuter under Blaze than it did as a Chimchar! This is the ONE AND ONLY TIME Monferno outcutes Chimchar!

And then it evolved again and became even uglier still! *shoots self as promised*
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    This episode looks good. Paul actually helped Pikachu, Piplup and Empoleon at the end. Well, Piplup could of got crushed for all I care.

Anybody notice that Barry doesn't have the Veilstone, Pastoria or Snowpoint badges?

Anybody know what Paul said to Barry, and what Paul said after Monferno evolved?
    well Ash wanted Paul to battle against Infernape and he said that he will battle at shinnoh league against him and infernape and what i could gather with it seems that Ash and Barry wanted to have a 3vs3 battle(please someone with better understanting of the language corect me if i'm wrong)
    art by Arkeis

Infernape is weird but sort of cool.

I like them tying loose ends or hinting them at least, like now Paul knows about Infernape, Barry getting his last badge, and even the ribbons which hint Jessie will go and get them. Ursula too i guess.

Oh talking about Jessie and James, i just love the rockers disguise, they have used it before and it's nice they bring it back.
    Last edited by NES; 12th February 2010 at 1:32 AM.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    The episode was really boring and just how I expected it Infernape is small. I still love the monkey. I wish the evolution was more special. Chimchar's was better delivered.
    You're expecting the tiniest fully evolved starter Pokemon to be big?

It's still as tall as Ash or taller, and no one argue because it wasn't standing straight up, it was still hunched over. Assuming it could stand fully erect, it's looks likely to be taller than Ash.

So it's at least bigger than in the games.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Guess I thought it was strange to memorize them by the pixies than their actual names. Whatever works, works, I suppose.

So yeah, Valor Lakefront - Mesprit - the pixie connected to Ash in the anime - site of the Wallace Cup - also know as Lakeside Resort. That's where The Big G is being held. With a location like that, the plan to head to Sunyshore (for the Gym), then to the Grand Festival, THEN to the League (provided its still in the same place as the games) won't cause much travel time, since they have to essentially backtrack twice. It's rather smart of them.
    V | Faction

Yeah, Infernape can't be taller, in the pokedex that seems to be it's height, most fully evolved pkmn are about the size of the trainer.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Hmm... does anyone think maybe Azelf and Wake might make a reappearance at Lake Valour? I wonder how long they'll be there, cause there's a few possibilities...
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I'm now expecting CyberCubed to make a thread hoping to discuss why Ash and his friends did so much backtracking...

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I'm now expecting CyberCubed to make a thread hoping to discuss why Ash and his friends did so much backtracking...
    I'm just hoping that Infernape doesn't suffer what I call, "Sceptile syndrome."

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    So yeah, Valor Lakefront - Azelf - the pixie connected to Ash in the anime - site of the Wallace Cup - also know as Lakeside Resort. That's where The Big G is being held. With a location like that, the plan to head to Sunyshore (for the Gym), then to the Grand Festival, THEN to the League (provided its still in the same place as the games) won't cause much travel time, since they have to essentially backtrack twice. It's rather smart of them.
    Fixed. Mesprit is connected to Dawn, and Azelf for Ash.

So basically they have to go to Sunnyshore, then back around the corner for the GF, the go forward around the corner past Sunnyshore. Alright. Seems pretty boring going back and forth though, but I guess we're in the home stretch so its alright.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Awesome. Shinji's attitude is exactly what I expected it to be after the full battle: Calm and collected rather than overtly hostile and abrasive. He even somewhat politely declined Jun's challenge, whereas the Shinji from the beginning of the series either would have made an insulting remark or kept on walking without saying anything.

As an aside: The reason he declines Jun's challenge is because his current team is in the middle of being refined before the League, and he doesn't want to degrade their condition. At the end of the episode, he remarks that Reiji seems to want to see another full battle between him and Satoshi, so he promises to face Infernape at the League.

Also, he doesn't just dislike Nagisa Gym, he outright refuses to acknowledge it as a Gym

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm just hoping that Infernape doesn't suffer what I call, "Sceptile syndrome."
    Which is...?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    You're expecting the tiniest fully evolved starter Pokemon to be big?

It's still as tall as Ash or taller, and no one argue because it wasn't standing straight up, it was still hunched over. Assuming it could stand fully erect, it's looks likely to be taller than Ash.

So it's at least bigger than in the games.
    Has the anime ever been consistent with sizes? Ash's Staraptor was taller than him when it evolved yet Staraptor's are not that big. Now Staraptor is smaller than Ash again for some mysterious reason.

Because of their inconsistency expecting Infernape to be big is nothing out of this world. It's not a big deal but I just wanted to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Which is...?
    He's wondering if Infernape will have problems after evolution like Sceptile (lost its attacks) and Charizard (that whole disobedience thing).

On another note, someone mentioned in this and the Flint thread that Paul was disgusted to take the Beacon Badge. If he was so disgusted, why did he take it? Why not go to an anime-only gym?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Doot doot doot I'm not reading any of the three pages of comments(going by my superior "twenty posts per page" forums setting) before watching this doot doot doot.

-We begin in the generic Sea of Stock Characters Who Are Excited at Something.
    -Barry already. Yes.
    -He's facing a Mothim. ...now that I think of it, did the anime ever cover the effects of gender differences in Burmy evolution? Not that I really care, but I have to wonder.
    -Barry wins, world ends.
    -And he's happy to see Ash. He must be in the "manic" stage of his manic-dep...wait, he's ALWAYS in the manic stage.
    -In today's pan shot, we see children playing SOCCER, a game that is NOT POKEMON. As of this writing, Nintendo has sent a legal team to deal with the writers and hope to negotiate a very large settlement for this oversight.
    -Ahahaha I love how Empoleon's sitting. It's so obvious the animators realized that this thing was NOT created with sitting in mind.
    -I also love Empoleon's little laugh. It brings the whole "big penguin with squeaky little voice" thing to its obvious conclusion.
    -Dawn mentions Paul for some reason. Oh yes, this is gonna be good.
    -Look guys! The new opening let me recognize the word "saikou" as "greatest!" YOU TOO CAN LEARN JAPANESE BY LAZING AROUND AND READING SONG TRANSLATIONS!
    -Meanwhile, TR is in a random cabin...and on one of the shelves, there is a mug with a map of the Shinou region on it?! (or possibly just a green blob with some brown in the middle)
    -James is trying to convince Meowth and Jessie to follow his plan...using very well drawn pictures!
    -I love how the Pokemon Centers don't even try to look like hospitals anymore.
    -ALERT. ALERT. PAUL DETECTED.
    -WARNING. WARNING. BARRY HAS DETECTED PAUL. CRITICAL INCREDIBLE IS IMMINENT.
    -...aaaaaaand there goes all of the seriousness of this scene, in ONE poorly drawn shot.
    -Barry is THRILLED to be meeting the actual, real, honest-to-goodness Paul!
    -Barry does not comprehend why Paul doesn't want to battle him. This can only end in hilarity tears.
    -Paul is clearly fed up with the random blonde loser who suddenly started yelling at him for a battle, and fobs him off on Ash.
    -Paul is NOT impressed with the Sunyshore gym.
    -Barry decides to battle Ash after some blathering between them, and...POKEMON CONTEST ON TV!
    -GRANDO FESTIBARU NYUUUUUSSS!
    -I have no idea what Whateverthehellhernameis-an said other than "resort"
    -Screw the contests, IS THAT JAMES IN HIS OLD ROCKER OUTFIT FROM VARIOUS KANTO EPISODES?
    -JESSIE TOO. AWESOME. and meowth is in some big yellow wig thing I guess
    -Contest Lady, shut up. We have some TEAM ROCKET ROCKIN' to see!
    -I love how Barry's too spastic to realize that he should probably be sad at his idol just brushing him off without a second thought, instead launching into HEY DAWN GRAND FESTIVAL AWESOME GO FOR IT HEY ASH BATTLE WOOOOO!
    -Hey look, the writers remembered that Dawn got a Coin Toss app in DP 3.141 and bothered to use it for some reason.
    -It took half the episode, but we'll finally get to see some magic animals beat each other up for the entertainment and grandstanding of humans!
    -Meanwhile, Paul's strolling along and notices Ash and Monferno on the battlefield.
    -Ash gets the upper hand...until Empoleon fires Hydro Cannon RIGHT INTO MONFERNO'S FACE!
    -Man, that monkey got some AIR TIME.
    -Barry is just mildly embarassed at launching Ash's Pokemon into the forest like that.
    -Team Rocket used one Giant Plastic Ball! *wiggle* *wiggle* *wiggle* *click* Gotcha! ASH was caught! Give a nickname to the caught ASH? [Yes/No]
    -I hope TR put airholes in there. Or that Ash gets out in the next couple of minutes. One of the two.
    -Damn, look at Team Rocket catching all those people without even weakening them first. They must be pressing Down+B as they throw the Giant Plastic Balls.
    -Brock has Happiny try to break him out of the ball, with rolling results!
    -HE JUST KEEPS ROLLING.
    -Suddenly, the fire giant Surt awakens to burn everything and begin Ragnarok!
    -Or it might just be Monferno(Red Eyes Forme)
    -I have to say, TR's plan was working well aside from the unforseen circumstance of FLAMING ANGRY MONKEY DESTROYS EVERYTHING.
    -Paul suddenly decides to pitch in with his Electabuzz. ABOUT TIME, JERK.
    -Ash tries to restrain Monferno(again), and gets engulfed in flame for his efforts. Curiously, this does not seem to bother him.
    -Paul is understandably impressed that Ash is withstanding being on fire..
    -Protect breaks, but Monferno is Ready to Go! (kill me now, before the Pun Virus infects all of humanity)
    -Apparently bringing all the captured Pokemon down in a WHIRLWIND OF FIRE is safer than just letting them fall. The only explanation for this and Ash not suffering from Monferno's out-of-control tail flame is that the Chimchar line's body flames are not hot.
    -I like how they didn't even bother to use a cut-away shot of Paul from the front for their little "Ash, Barry, and Paul are gonna be at the shinou league!!" scene.
    -I'm still not sure whether to be disappointed or amused that Barry was too busy being easily distracted to realize the horrible truth about Paul. (I AM disappointed that TR's rocker uniforms didn't figure into their scheme at all!)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Okay, looking more into this episode... it's not as bad as I acted like it was earlier. I think I just put my hopes too high, expecting another Tears For Fears of Evolving Strategies. It was still really cool in its own way. xD

BTW, does anybody know what Ash said to Monferno that finally got him to cool down enough to go help Electrabuzz out? Just curious.

Oh, also Juputoru, I LOLed at your show notes. That was greay. 8D
    Last edited by Netbug009; 12th February 2010 at 6:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    He's wondering if Infernape will have problems after evolution like Sceptile (lost its attacks) and Charizard (that whole disobedience thing).
    Considering that it's unown if Blaze is truely controlled by now, that might be the case.

On another note, someone mentioned in this and the Flint thread that Paul was disgusted to take the Beacon Badge. If he was so disgusted, why did he take it? Why not go to an anime-only gym?
    Who knows, we won't know more until two weeks from now.

Rewatching the episode i noticed a few intresting things.

1. So Happani can lift frozen lakes and stop charging pokemon ten times it's size with ease, yet can't get brock out of a glass bubble?

2.What are Ash's clothes made of? to take that kind of heat and not get charred is insane.

3.it's pretty obvious now that Empoleon is on the same level as Pikachu and Piplup, heck considering the look on Empoleon's face after they were rescued by Infernape makes me wonder what would've happened if they had continued the match.

4.Paul's many expressions throughout the episode, priceless.

Totally forgot about Brock and Happiny. Which is odd since I loved that part! As soon as they caught got I was thinkin', "Okay, now is the time to pull out your Pokemon to see if they can break it open." And he did!

Brock always struck me as a 'roll with the punches' type of fella.
    V | Faction

Very good ep. Infernape is awesome and now Ash clearly has a powerful TEAM instead of just some few great fighters. The song moment was perfect for the scene and made it seem more emotionel. And whoa, Pauld did bother to help Ash & CO (but of course waiting till the last minute), that was something out of the blue.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

You guys do realize that according to the Dex Infernape's are just under 4 Feet? There not suppose to be tall.

so what exactly does Paul say to Barry anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Me thinks Grotle's evolution may be same time away. Maybe not untill after the League.
    The new opening shows Ash in the league stadium with Torterra, so it should happen before the league.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast