Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Ire With Fire! (631)

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Has the anime ever been consistent with sizes? Ash's Staraptor was taller than him when it evolved yet Staraptor's are not that big. Now Staraptor is smaller than Ash again for some mysterious reason.

Because of their inconsistency expecting Infernape to be big is nothing out of this world. It's not a big deal but I just wanted to point it out.
    Well I think that the writers wanted to make Ash's pokemon height more balanced between all of them. in the last episodes Monferno and Gible made Ash's team very low, now it's not so different because Infernape is a short pokemon relative to all the big starters. (and Fire big starters in particular)
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Skeleton View Post
    That quite isn't the whole story. You need to take a few more things into consideration. Think about it this way:

DP002: Ash catches Starly (3 team members)
    DP005: Ash catches Turtwig (4 team members)
    DP013: Starly evolves (11 Episodes)
    DP051: Chimchar joins up with Ash (5 team members)
    DP055: Aipom is traded for Buizel
    DP064: Ash catches Gligar (6 team members)
    DP085: Gligar Evolves (21 episodes)
    DP100: Turtwig evolves (95 Episodes)
    DP118: Staravia evolves (105 Episodes)
    DP132: Chimchar evolves (129 Episodes, 81 with Ash)
    DP154: Gliscor goes away (5 Team members, 90 Episodes total)
    DP157: Ash gets Gible
    DP163: Monferno evolves (31 Episodes)

Personaly, I think the sudden development of Ash's team is making up for the dry spell of development that lasted for more than 30 episodes between the point Starly evolved and the time Ash got Chimchar.
    I just realised I compleatly forgot about Gliscor. Maybe 'cos it wasn't around for very long and it's gone now.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Ash tries to restrain Monferno(again), and gets engulfed in flame for his efforts. Curiously, this does not seem to bother him.
    -Paul is understandably impressed that Ash is withstanding being on fire..
    A little fire doesn't harm Ash anymore. Charizard has already used a full powered Flamethrower on him numerous times.

Controlling Blaze means remaining controlling itself when that monstrous Blaze activates so most likely Monferno controlled Blaze by the end and that means Infernape can control Blaze too.

Paul is shown to be a little amazed or angered when Monferno evolves. It can be due to two reasons:
    1) Paul thinks he wasn't able to make Chimchar control Blaze but Ash's stupid method did the same things and also made Chimchar al way upto Infernape.
    2) Paul thinks that Ash's team is developing now and he is scared that Infernape will kill his Electabuzz in the battle so next time we see Paul, Electabuzz will most likely be a Electivire.

As for height thing, Infernape has same height as Staraptor and being the smallest starter its supposed to be like this.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

yeah I think ash is now kind of 'not harmed by fire at all'...

c'mon all that fire and he goes with no second degre burns??? and they were even worried about that little fall of team rocket&#180;s mecha over their pokemons when team rocket itself is sent 'blasting off again' every single episode???

lol the worst way possible to make an infernape evolution ever.
    CLICK ON THE ONE TO WHOM VICTORY SHALL BELONG! Let It Rip, oh sorry not beyblade my bad

Wow. Props to Ash for taking two Flame Wheels! If Infernape doesn't learn Flare Blitz (which I want it to) I honestly wouldn't mind. Flame Wheel looks so powerful now.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Come on guys, it was already known that Ash is a super-human.

Can run at high speed, jump at great heights, take every pokemon-move that would incapacitate actual pokemon, the list goes on and on and ON.

I was surprised by the way that Ash's own starter wouldnt actually evolve before Monferno. Now that we have our gloriously awesome (and my favorite pokemon) Infernape, it's time to wait for Torterra. (who I also like a lot)

^still there's a bloody tolerance level to how much punishment one boy can take, especially by fire.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    - Doesn't Team Rocket's disguise look familiar?
    Kinda funny that we had a Jigglypuff in the episode before this monstrousity of yawn..

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    The episode wasn't that nice. The second half was way much better than first half. - I could only watch the second half, so I probably didn't miss much, if I've just seen the pictures.. (deadline issues)

And Paul promised Ash that he will battle Ash in Sinnoh League.
    Paul is finally impressed by Ash just like Gary was by the end of Johto.
    Hmmm Makes you wonder though doesn't it? Ursula promised Dawn a rematch in the Grand Festival...

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    The episode was really boring.

I love that Infernape is so ugly. It's hideous, it's a monstrosity but it's so horrifying it makes it cool.
    It's ugly indeed! Did you see at the end (it's in Serebii's episode pictures) that when Infernape and Ash look at eachother.. that it looks like a Gremlin with a flaming head? I mean really.. monkey my butt.. that's a gremlin when I see one.. damn Russians putting them in our cars and anime!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Decent episode, though I was hoping for more Paul/Barry interaction. I agree that TR evolutions aren't the most exciting, but the presence of a supporting cast made it more entertaining.
    I underscored some of your posts.. I feel that Monferno's evolution was the biggest anticlimax of Sinnoh. Even worse then the Galactic plot. All this build up, and most of it got spent when Chimchar evolved.. Suikun I kinda have to disagree, because I don't know if it should be counted as a Rocket evolution when they were already blasted off. Secondly. The way it was animated wasn't that good. I find that the label decent is the most this episode can get, but only because of the heavily integrated plot elements: Anouncement of the GF location, and total of contests left. Three of those are going to Jessie and Ursula. Paul and Barry meeting, again, not as I had framed in my mind, and finally Infernape's lame evolution, which was the worst really.

I am not just saying this because some might think of me as a Torterra fan(because of the thread that I made, I actually made that since I thought this episode was going to be huge), but because of that Infernape evolved to save Pikachu, Piplup and Empoleon from a 6 foot drop..

For all the old folks like me.. Do you remember when Ash skillfully jumped like a full story building height down in the first movie? You all know the scene.. The music starts and Ash is looking down at the clones battling below and realizes that fighting is wrong!(which I still think is the single most hypocritical thing ever to be said in the pokemon anime..) After that brilliant realizationSo he runs down from where he stands and jumps down like a story or three... Long story short. If Ash can defy everything like that.. why can't PikaPiPemper?

I know plot device.. but was it really, really, really necessary for it to evolve that way? It was underwhelming, but it was a bit saved by the awesome music...

Talking about defying gravity.. Did anyone notice that appearantly while using Flame Wheel.. Monferno and Infernape can: 1. Alter initiary (U-turn) when flying. 2. Hover. 3. Cause other pokemon in its fire NOT to be burned!
    Last edited by Locormus; 12th February 2010 at 9:47 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Thinking about it, Shinji isn't the only one who has had a bit of a change in attitude. If this were the Satoshi of previous regions, you would have expected him to rashly challenge Shinji to another battle right then and there in order to get revenge. Instead, he's rather calm and even admits Shinji is a trainer that has many things that he lacks. I guess you could say this was somewhat of a character development episode.

Also, the Rockets having a moment of silence for all of their failed plans was very nice.

Wonder if Infernape will learn Blast Burn anytime soon? That would be FULL of awesome.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This was 1 of the greatest things that could ever happen. I love this episode. It was awesome. Wow Ash was ahead of Barry with the badges but now Barry passed him. Monferno would have won that battle if TR didn't have to disrupt the battle. I gotta say that Blaze was handled a lot better than the last time. It didn't cause a fire this time. I like how Paul helped out with this. He's really starting to turn into a good guy. I'm amazed b/c I thought Electabuzz would evolve before Monferno. I'm sure we'll see Electivire at the league.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^still there's a bloody tolerance level to how much punishment one boy can take, especially by fire.

Well you remember the Ponyta episode from Kanto. Ponyta can control its flames to not injure people it trusts. Maybe Monferno/Infernape can do the same?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

What the hell were some of you expecting out of Monferno's evo? I thought it was done perfectly.

When Grovyle evolved into Sceptile, it would up being beaten up by Seviper and Cacnea in the next scene. And you guys are acting like Infernape wasn't done well?

You want a definition of an anti-climax? Here:

- Ash's Johto Pokemon
    - Magma/Aqua finale
    - GS ball

This was done fine.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    - Doesn't Team Rocket's disguise look familiar?
    I thought they also dressed like that in the episode Dawn's Piloswine evolved.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I underscored some of your posts.. I feel that Monferno's evolution was the biggest anticlimax of Sinnoh. Even worse then the Galactic plot. All this build up, and most of it got spent when Chimchar evolved.. but why did Infernape evolve to save Pikachu, Piplup and Empoleon from a 6 foot drop..
    Here ya go Cyber, I said it was the biggest anticlimax of Sinnoh. You can't count the Johto team as an anticlimax, since those were around through the entire region mostly, some after later then others.. but most were there after the second gym. GS Ball was a plot point and the Celebi got put into a movie.

The Hoenn and Sinnoh teams were badly handled, but Chimchar, imo, got more build up to being stronger then anything else then those two teams each ever did. From its first appearance, gymbattle with Paul, tag battles, switching teams, tears for fears, chimcharred, all the gyms it had won, evolving against Paul and now this.

I just get the feeling that the writers just used the first half of the episode to check of some plotpoints and that the second half was purely a vehicle for an evolution, this could've been Grotle's evolution if you took away the Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I'm amazed b/c I thought Electabuzz would evolve before Monferno. I'm sure we'll see Electivire at the league.
    I think that's why it made that nod to it, when it saved it from the immensily heavy iron cage.. It was something like: "Yo punk.. I outgrew you, noob! he he!" To which Electabuzz replied with a: "Grrr, you monkey!"

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Well you remember the Ponyta episode from Kanto. Ponyta can control its flames to not injure people it trusts. Maybe Monferno/Infernape can do the same?
    So I agree with you, but I can't really say that I got the feeling that Monferno was able to recognize friend from foe in its raging state.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Like I said before, just be happy the thing evolved, seriously stop nitpicking about it's evolution.

I'd take catching pokemon from a cage over pokemon constantly evolving against a rival, or the exact same way someone else did during a competition that happened in the previous region.

When I heard "Ready Go" I just wanted to scream of happiness! This is my absolute favorite opening!

SUSUME SUSUME KIMI TO NANA IRO NO NIJI KOETE!!!!

The episode was friggin' amazing! I loved it so much.
    Gokazaru..what a blast evolution. <3

-Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

Most of this episode was watched by with me subtitles, courtesy of Youtube's annotation feature.

- Hey look, its Jun! What a great guy. Too bad he won't join up with our heroes permanently.
    - "PENALTY!" First time I ever knew he had a catch phrase.
    - Brock is STILL flirting with all the Joi's he meets? When is someone gonna call Junsa on him. Wait, don't answer that -.-
    - He look, its Shinji! Both main rivals in the same episode! Oh come on Shinji, our #1 fan wants to meet you, show some respect.
    - Hey Shinji, if you're going to claim the Sunyshore Gym is the worst gym, please back it up.
    - "We interrupt this episode with information we could have told you last episode: The Grand Festival will be at Lake Azelf. Too bad you have to do so much backtracking now. Haw-haw. Oh, and there's still seven contests left! Why such an odd number considering the story really only needs two? Don't ask me, I'm just a character!"
    - Nope. The Rocket-Dan disguise of the week doesn't remind me of the Jigglypuff episode at all.
    - I'm more surprised Jessie isn't dressed as Miss Musashi, Considering this regards her contest quest.
    - "Hey Satoshi, lets battle. PENALTY!"
    - Unsurprisingly, Jun uses Empoleon... Come on writers, we know he has a Rapidash. It won't be a surprise at all if he saves it for the League.
    - Oh Ash, only you would chose something like Monferno against a Water Type.
    - Wow, ONE HIT AND MONFY IS OUT??
    - *Looks at computer with anger and screams and curses loud in his empty, quiet apartment* This is why I don't watch this show much anymore. Pikachu, look me in the eyes and listen to me. YOUR ELECTRICITY IS USELESS. USELESS! Its been useless for a Decade now! Stop using it!
    - I did get a chuckle out of Pip trying to break the bubble with its wee beak though.
    - Wish you had Steelix now don't you Brock?
    - Turns out Monfy's button has been pressed. Only because it can. No reason for it to be this upset, unlike the last time where Shinji (rightfully) insulted it.
    - Shinji, don't you think something like Torterra would have been better to use to protect Pikachu, Pip & Empo?
    - Time for Ready... GO! The best song to ever accompany an evolution. What does it tell me? Success.
    - I wish I can evolve every time the police catch me with red eyes... Er.. moving on!
    - Ah yes, makes sense for Electabuzz to witness Monfy's evolution, since Electabuzz seems to have a lot of respect for it, even at the beginning of this long, boring saga.
    - Glad to see Shinji apparently congratulate Ash on his new Infernape. By this time, the subs are gone but I did hear the word "Shimka!" come out of his mouth.
    - And now comes the end of the episode, Shinji is gone and Jun will most likely be gone by the time the next episode begins. Come on Jun, stay awhile! You have 8 Badges, why not stay and support Ash and witness the next evolution! We still know you have a Rapidash and it'll do the species good to see one not enslaved with tack and sugar cubes!
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Yay! Monferno evolved!
    Infernape looks so much better than Monferno.
    Please click otherwise they will die. TT

Serebii 4 ever!

So, the Grand Festival is at Lake Valor, AKA the place where the Wallace Cup was held. I suppose it makes sense. And there's 7 contests left, so Jessie should easily make it to the Grand Festival.

Seven more contests left! If Ursula and Jessie are going to be in the Grand Festival, then that would make there be just four left! Looks Paul is starting to show some respect for Ash since he showed respect for him when Monferno evolved, which was awesome.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Hey, I just realized, if there's 7 contests left, that means anyone still has time to start collecting those ribbons...

Know what this means? MAY!
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Hey, I just realized, if there's 7 contests left, that means anyone still has time to start collecting those ribbons...

Wow that's a wild guess, i doubt it but i would like it.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post

Jessie needs 2 ribbons, Ursula needs 1. That would leave 4 ribbons for May, in which she'd be short of one.

I miss May, and love May, but I see Dawn having this whole thing to herself, she deserves it.

Paul is changing for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Maybe, but during Blaze? Which at the moment it has no control over? I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast