I loved James' preparational speech, when he was explaining the new plan.
I loved James' preparational speech, when he was explaining the new plan.
Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.
Ash/Iris/Cilan/etc. Pokemon Usage in BW Spreadsheet Updated: 1/31/12 [New: Ash vs Quattro]
Empoleon's chuckle in the dub sounds absolutely creepy, like coming from an old man.
I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!
Now that Dawn has her final ribbon, it's time for her to stop hogging the limelight, & start letting Ash have his share.
- As the gang are continuing on in their quest for glory, they find a huge crowd gathering around in another War-Zone.
- Turns out, that Barry is in the thick of this, but for this one, he's actually beating the @$#% out of another SOB trainer.
- Once Barry wins this fight, Ash comes along to greet him, & in their conversation, Barry brings up the fact that he has all eight badges. What I find strange about this is that in only six episodes, he manages to get both the Hearthome & Sunyshore Badges, which turns him from being an underdog, to a candidate for the Sinnoh League. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
- During this, we get an (unwelcome) visit by none other than Ash's punk rival, Paul.
- Barry, meet Paul! This is going to go really well...
- Barry asks him for a fight, but Paul refuses, as he has better intentions than to waste his time with an ADHD trainer like Barry.
- However, once Ash brings the topic of the Sunyshore Gym into the conversation, we get two completely different opinions; Barry thought that it was the best. gym. evar., whilst Paul thinks otherwise...
- Meanwhile, TR is eavesdropping on them, in which they get a hell of a brain-wave: Instead of capturing their Pokemon, why not imprison their trainers, & then capture their Pokemon. A brain-wave it is, indeed.
- Frustrated over Paul refusing to fight him, Barry goes after the next best thing: Ash.
- WAR START!! Empoleon VS Monferno, FIGHT!!!!
- I can't really remember most of the details of this fight, but I do know that in this part, Monferno gives Empoleon a run-around with both Mach Punch & Dig.
- Empoleon fires off the H2O version off the SBC, & since it's well-aimed, it hits Monferno square on. That's a critical hit to the nads here, people!
- The attack send Monferno flying off into god knows where, which has Ash worried, for really good reasons.
- That, however, becomes the least of their worries, as TR makes their move, & encases the gang as well as Barry in pink spheres.
- They then go after Pikachu, Piplup, & Empoleon, as they're reciting their motto... MUTE THE #@%$ING TELEVISION!!!
- The sign that their idea is brilliant: Brock calls in Happiny to destroy their prison, but all it does is send them all over the place, no thanks to their prison being a sphere.
- However, they've never expected Ash's Monferno to come sprawling out from where it was sent, & ooh boy is it ablaze!
- Monferno's flaming fury quickly breaks Ash's sphere, & then he immediately tries to get it under control, to no effect.
- Monferno directs it's blind rage over to TR, which gets them in a hell of a pickle, literally!
- Then, all of a sudden, an Electabuzz comes out?!
- He comes beneath TR & uses Protect to keep TR from crashing down, & thus crushing these Pokemon to their deaths. Wait, is that Paul's?? Yes, it is.
- Ash tries again to get it under control, & this time, we get results.
- Monferno gets upgraded once more into Infernape. YES!!!
- Infernape bashes the cage with a Mach Punch, which shatters it like brittle glass.
- With the Pokemon safe, Infernape engulfs TR into a fiery vortex, & blows them away.
- It then bashes the other spheres that are holding the other trainers, save for Paul, & everything's back to normal.
Whew! That absolutely got me going, especially since Ash now has an Infernape to call his own! However, I will give credit to TR for coming up with something that almost worked. There were some flaws with their plan: they need to account for all of the trainers in their immediate vicinity, & they need to get all of their Pokemon accounted for; otherwise, all their work will be for naught.
Great episode love Barry he makes me laugh so much espically when he says im gonna fine you haha. Great to see Paul again and its also good to see that Ash has reflected on the 6-6 battle. The Barry/Paul interaction was great as well and also a little bit of contest mention as well even if Dawn has won her 5 ribbons Jessie still has a chance to get 5 ribbons as well
And woop for Monferno evolving into Infernape Infernape looks really strong I love it ^_^. And yeah Paul saving Pikachu/Piplup/Emploron as well I was like yay. And Infernapes look to Electabuzz as well was really good as it was saying how Infernape and Electabuzz since Infernape was a Chimchar. And a Reggie mention as well. So yeah great episode
Wait, I just noticed something!!!! Okay, at the start of the ep., when Barry's battling that guy, look at the people in the crowd! (particularly the one at the right) All of them look REALLY weird and one of them has green eyes!!! Look at them every time the camera moves. O.o Also, isn't it kinda random when the camera goes to Paul for 5 seconds? "Hmm."
"Oh, no! Monferno!"
It just dawned on me why Ash took no damage... he must be fire-retardant. It's the only thing I can think of.
I am sure Ash will bring Infernape in his battle against Paul in the sinnoh league
I didn't check all the posts here, but did this episode get skipped for anyone else?
Where I live it did! YTV went straight to playing "Flint Light's the Fire!"
Is there anything that happens in the episode that would have it not get played?
Or maybe it was just a programming error?
Whatever the reason, here's hoping they play it here next week (possibly).
Edit: They did!
You know, seeing this episode played after "Flint Lights the Fire!" made me think that Monfernos evolution won't be as awesome as it would be.
But it was!
I'm so happy now that Ash has an Infernape now!
In the first scene that TR was in, James voice sounded different. Dose he have a new voice actor or something?
After seeing this episode after the next episode, I don't blame Paul for calling Sunnyshore Gym "Not legit!" I wouldn't claim the badge from gym that doesn't provide a battle to earn the badge. I'd want to fight to earn what's rightfully mine!
Last edited by Painkiller2001; 16th January 2011 at 11:27 PM.
SS FC - 4984 7968 7958 Ben
Pt. FC - 2666 0837 1829 Ben
White FC - 1978 9611 8922 Alexi
I have officially claimed Nidorina in the Claim-A-Pokemon thread. Beware the cuteness!!
Note to self: Don't change location or user title until the second season of MLP: FiM has gotten underway!
My White Team:
^ Win!Originally Posted by AzukanAsimbu
You know your mom spends more of your money than just on groceries. Shes hittin the booze too. Shes just drunk dialing you
This episode was good. It was great to see Monferno finally evolve into Infernape. It was cool how Monferno's Blaze surrounded Monferno and Ash and in the middle of that made Monferno evolve into Infernape. It was interesting to see Paul's Electabuzz actually provide some help for the Gang when the Pokemon were trapped in a cage and were about to crash. Odd how Monferno's out of control Blaze ability was triggered by Monferno being blasted away by Hydro Cannon.
Good episode, awesome to see Monferno evolving! Good to see we also discovered Ash's ability is Heatproof (not that he's not survived being blasted by fire millions of times before). Paul seemed to warm up to Ash a bit in this episode, sort of requesting a battle or something. Monferno's evolution was awesome, and Infernape is absolutely awesome!
James' little speech at the beginning was good as well, I don't even know why but I liked it :')
This episode was great. It was awesome seeing Barry again aswell as his Empoleon. It was also cool to see Empoleon battle Monferno. It was cool to see Blaze get activated again but not so cool when Monferno went out of control. And to make matters worse Team Rocket decide to show up. It was very strange to see Paul help the gang. It was very cool to see Monferno evolve into Infernape.
Loved this episode!
Thus the earth shall turn to Ash
Hey Slowking, need some pants?
This episode was fun. It was cool to see two of Ash's rivals in the same episode. And now let the Infernape spamming begin!
I'ts awesome that Monferno evolved into Infernape.
Hmm, Barry meets his idol, Monferno evolves, Team Rocket concoct an interesting plan. All makes for an interesting episode. Of course any episode in seasons 11-13 are automatically better for me if they have Barry.
Celebrating 15 years of Pokemon, now through December 2013
I hate chaining. -_-