This episode was great. I like when Happiny made the ball spin with Brock in it. It was awesome that Ash now has an Infernape.
This episode was great. I like when Happiny made the ball spin with Brock in it. It was awesome that Ash now has an Infernape.
My First Ever Level 100 Team:
My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)
Since they didn't mention evolution or Infernape in the dub title, seeing Monferno evolve was a nice little surprise (I saw it coming, but not as blatantly as I would if the title was "Blast Evolution! Infernape!"
So Barry has 8 badges, which is funny since the last time we saw him he only had 6. Paul and Barry finally meet, but Paul wasn't all that inerested. Team Rocket wearing one of their old disguises was very nice. Electabuzz saving Pikachu and the other Pokemon was pretty cool too. Good episode.
Last edited by Swampert_trainer; 10th July 2010 at 8:04 PM.
I've officially claimed Swampert!
Can you tell we why people keep complaining about such pointless things like the BGM when this episode was definitely one of THE BEST Sinnoh episodes EVER? I was (and still am) so thrilled by this WONDERFUL, and GREAT episode that I forgot everything around me. (I didn't even care about the important World Cup match. How did it end?)
Again , I can't stress how great this episode was. It's undoubtedly been the best of this season so far and probably one of the greatest Sinnoh episodes in general.
Wow, where shall I begin to analyze it?
First of all, we got an awe-inspiring title, not such a playful childish one.
Then we got a well thought out battle between Barry and that guy. I liked it very much, especially because the writers apparently had the courage to showcase a POWERFUL, impressive Empoleon and didn't just come up with one of those dull standard battles where both trainer's Pokemon are more or less on the same level and it just depends on the trainer's cleverness(or coincidence) to win the battle. Pokemon is also about impression and demonstration of sheer power (see, guess who...of course, my beloved Angel Cynthia)!
Furthermore, we saw Paul again and I can't help saying that I admire ,or at least like, that guy more and more! He's got so many features which I would have as well if I were a trainer (except for his unfriendliness and coolness).
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm also reaching the conviction that Paul as a character (and even more as a trainer)is at least as good as Ash. That biased, one-sided support for Ash only which is obviously pretty common among fans must stop. Instead, we should show great respect for Paul, just as he deserves it. If it wasn't for Paul's help and comments about Infernape after defeating Team Rocket, this episode would still be great, but not half as great as it was in the end!
*me is becoming a Paul-fan*
Last but not least we had an awesome evolution being embedded in a great and epic Blaze-out-of-control action sequence. With Infernape, Ash finally has a Pokemon that certainly belongs to my all-time favorites. If I were trainer, the fire monkey would definitely be an indispensable part of my team!
THIS WEEK'S EPISODE showed how Pokemon should ALWAYS be.
It was mature, profound and epic!
Once and for all, the writers have proven themselves capable of producing something that is not pointless or childish. Pokemon doesn't have to be a kids' show as it appears to be in some filler episodes. On the contrary, Pokemon CAN indeed be great!
So, from now on I'll raise my expectations even higher, as I have no doubt anymore that if they want to, they writers "can do it" (to use a favorite quote of Ash)
I dare say that we need more Paul in Pokemon! If the Anime was influenced by Paul's philosophy and centered around him only a little bit more, I'm sure that I would never have ANY reason to complain.
Dear writers, from now on we no longer want those cheap episodes. We want Pokemon 2.0 (great term, isn't it) and this episode, together with several others, for example Ash's full battle against Paul or the Galactic finale showed what Pokemon 2.0 has to look like!
I rarely give so many points but, believe it or not, this episode deserves
8 /9 out of 10 points
Last edited by ash_forever; 10th July 2010 at 10:52 PM.
ASH FOR THE WIN!
Pokémon veteran since 1999
Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
[01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
[01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi
Sweet episode. Barry duels some random trainer. Ash and the gang encounters Paul again. Barry finally meet his idol. Ash and Barry duels but interuptted by Team Rocket. Paul helps out a little bit but Monferno activate Blaze. Ash's love for pokemon enable to calm him down resulting evolve into his final form, Infernape. It was sweet that Infernape save everyone. Ash has been very grateful like always. But the rivalry between Ash,Paul,and Barry continues.
I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping. But right now, I'm an Amourshipper.
Friend Safari: (Fighting Type)
I liked this episode!
Infernape evolving was awesome, can't wait for the next evolution!
This episode was awesome, but there are two things in particular that blew my mind:
1) I could have sworn that Monferno decapitated somebody when it used Flame Wheel on TR's balloon. Seriously, it looked like Monferno just took someone's head off in that scene.
2) The kind of abuse that Ash takes in this show as a whole is simply absurd. There have been numerous instances where he has fallen at least 100 feet from the sky, and when he lands, he shakes it off like he just tripped over his shoelaces or something. This episode is a perfect example of that kind of logic. He had been hit by Flame Wheel three times, I think, and that final time, he even gets surrounded by a ring of fire from Monferno. And somehow... when all is said and done... he's perfectly fine; not even a scratch on him. WHAT KIND OF SENSE DOES THAT MAKE?!? I mean, for crying out loud, in real life, he would've f***ing died from severe burns to his entire body, and yet, even his damn clothes come out just fine! I know this is supposed to be a cartoon, but would it kill the animators to show a little realism every now and then?!
Okay, rant over. Bottom line, this episode was cool (Infernape ftw!), albeit COMPLETELY illogical concerning Ash's "burns."
I had been waiting for this episode the last few weeks. I saw Blast Evolution! Infernape! subbed a few weeks ago, so it was pretty cool seeing it subbed then dubbed. There is quite a difference. I'd say I liked the English version due to it being in my native language, but watching the subbed version felt more touching during the evolution scenes.
It's so cute watching the non-spoiled people speculate about Sunyshore.
A very underwhelming evolution for Ash's best Sinnoh Pokemon.
I didn't expect this episode to be good, but I was wrong. I liked it a lot. Character development for the league. Barry shows up and finally meets Paul. Paul saved Pikachu/Piplup/Empoleon with emotion. And we have Infernape now.
I don't understand why Paul insulted Ash at the beginning when he said Barry should battle Ash because they were on the same level, and then he says he wants to fight Ash in a 6-on-6 in the league at the end. Change of heart much?
Otherwise, I don't mind it.
Then again, compared to what we had before, yes it makes sense that this would be underwhelming. It's still better than Grotle to Torterra though... IMO at least.
"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."
"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."
What's with the title? Isn't is supposed to be 'Playing Ire With Fire'? Anyway, the monkey evolved. When TR caught Ash and his friends in capsules, Paul was staring at them like a ******* for 5 mins and he was like "OH" and "AH"
"Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)
They just haven't gotten around to fixing the title. Take a look on the front page, everyone's time is being consumed by CoroCoro and the 2ch pamphlet.
Hey, remember the last time we saw Barry?
"It doesn't matter how many badges you have!"
And listen to this:
"I have all 8 Gym Badges and Ash only has 7. He just isn't the same level as us."(Or something)
Also, Hydro Cannon made Gible blast off, and now Monferno!
Thought it was funny when Barry said "I'll fine you for dodging that!" :O I should have said that to Candice's Froslass! LOL Also when he said "When did he get here" when Paul was sitting there the whole time. xD Awesome Barry stuff, and I LOOOOOOOVE Infernape!!!!!! <3 Infernape+Barry= OMG :O Chimchar is my FAVORITE Sinnoh starter EVER! And Infernape is just awesome.
And by the way, Barry had a hard time beating the electric gym. He has Empoleon. Paul said it was easy. He had Torterra. O.o Nothing weird about that.
Yay, Infernape in English! Except they pronounced it In-FER-nape and I always pronounced it IN-fer-nape (I haven't watched Movie 10). Ah well... I'll get used to it.
In the scene where Protects fails, Team Rocket's Machine falls and Paul goes "NO!", I laughed. Because deeeeep inside he will feel sad if Electabuzz gets squished. Aww. I love it when grouchy characters do something nice then get all embarassed. Heheheheh.
I loved James' preparational speech, when he was explaining the new plan.
Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.
Empoleon's chuckle in the dub sounds absolutely creepy, like coming from an old man.
I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!
Now that Dawn has her final ribbon, it's time for her to stop hogging the limelight, & start letting Ash have his share.
- As the gang are continuing on in their quest for glory, they find a huge crowd gathering around in another War-Zone.
- Turns out, that Barry is in the thick of this, but for this one, he's actually beating the @$#% out of another SOB trainer.
- Once Barry wins this fight, Ash comes along to greet him, & in their conversation, Barry brings up the fact that he has all eight badges. What I find strange about this is that in only six episodes, he manages to get both the Hearthome & Sunyshore Badges, which turns him from being an underdog, to a candidate for the Sinnoh League. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
- During this, we get an (unwelcome) visit by none other than Ash's punk rival, Paul.
- Barry, meet Paul! This is going to go really well...
- Barry asks him for a fight, but Paul refuses, as he has better intentions than to waste his time with an ADHD trainer like Barry.
- However, once Ash brings the topic of the Sunyshore Gym into the conversation, we get two completely different opinions; Barry thought that it was the best. gym. evar., whilst Paul thinks otherwise...
- Meanwhile, TR is eavesdropping on them, in which they get a hell of a brain-wave: Instead of capturing their Pokemon, why not imprison their trainers, & then capture their Pokemon. A brain-wave it is, indeed.
- Frustrated over Paul refusing to fight him, Barry goes after the next best thing: Ash.
- WAR START!! Empoleon VS Monferno, FIGHT!!!!
- I can't really remember most of the details of this fight, but I do know that in this part, Monferno gives Empoleon a run-around with both Mach Punch & Dig.
- Empoleon fires off the H2O version off the SBC, & since it's well-aimed, it hits Monferno square on. That's a critical hit to the nads here, people!
- The attack send Monferno flying off into god knows where, which has Ash worried, for really good reasons.
- That, however, becomes the least of their worries, as TR makes their move, & encases the gang as well as Barry in pink spheres.
- They then go after Pikachu, Piplup, & Empoleon, as they're reciting their motto... MUTE THE #@%$ING TELEVISION!!!
- The sign that their idea is brilliant: Brock calls in Happiny to destroy their prison, but all it does is send them all over the place, no thanks to their prison being a sphere.
- However, they've never expected Ash's Monferno to come sprawling out from where it was sent, & ooh boy is it ablaze!
- Monferno's flaming fury quickly breaks Ash's sphere, & then he immediately tries to get it under control, to no effect.
- Monferno directs it's blind rage over to TR, which gets them in a hell of a pickle, literally!
- Then, all of a sudden, an Electabuzz comes out?!
- He comes beneath TR & uses Protect to keep TR from crashing down, & thus crushing these Pokemon to their deaths. Wait, is that Paul's?? Yes, it is.
- Ash tries again to get it under control, & this time, we get results.
- Monferno gets upgraded once more into Infernape. YES!!!
- Infernape bashes the cage with a Mach Punch, which shatters it like brittle glass.
- With the Pokemon safe, Infernape engulfs TR into a fiery vortex, & blows them away.
- It then bashes the other spheres that are holding the other trainers, save for Paul, & everything's back to normal.
Whew! That absolutely got me going, especially since Ash now has an Infernape to call his own! However, I will give credit to TR for coming up with something that almost worked. There were some flaws with their plan: they need to account for all of the trainers in their immediate vicinity, & they need to get all of their Pokemon accounted for; otherwise, all their work will be for naught.
Great episode love Barry he makes me laugh so much espically when he says im gonna fine you haha. Great to see Paul again and its also good to see that Ash has reflected on the 6-6 battle. The Barry/Paul interaction was great as well and also a little bit of contest mention as well even if Dawn has won her 5 ribbons Jessie still has a chance to get 5 ribbons as well
And woop for Monferno evolving into Infernape Infernape looks really strong I love it ^_^. And yeah Paul saving Pikachu/Piplup/Emploron as well I was like yay. And Infernapes look to Electabuzz as well was really good as it was saying how Infernape and Electabuzz since Infernape was a Chimchar. And a Reggie mention as well. So yeah great episode
I liked this episode. It was real good. Paul and Barry both in it, Paul helping them out, and of course, Monferno evolving into Infernape.
Do you want to change the world? Want to herar the opinions of a Millennial on social issues? Check out my YouTube Channel, G The Rebel
Also, check out the Millennial Social Movement Website to get post about social issues and how we can make this world a better place from a Millennial's perspective.
G The Rebel Twitter
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
PM me if you add me so I can add you
Wait, I just noticed something!!!! Okay, at the start of the ep., when Barry's battling that guy, look at the people in the crowd! (particularly the one at the right) All of them look REALLY weird and one of them has green eyes!!! Look at them every time the camera moves. O.o Also, isn't it kinda random when the camera goes to Paul for 5 seconds? "Hmm."
"Oh, no! Monferno!"
It just dawned on me why Ash took no damage... he must be fire-retardant. It's the only thing I can think of.
I am sure Ash will bring Infernape in his battle against Paul in the sinnoh league
I didn't check all the posts here, but did this episode get skipped for anyone else?
Where I live it did! YTV went straight to playing "Flint Light's the Fire!"
Is there anything that happens in the episode that would have it not get played?
Or maybe it was just a programming error?
Whatever the reason, here's hoping they play it here next week (possibly).
Edit: They did!
You know, seeing this episode played after "Flint Lights the Fire!" made me think that Monfernos evolution won't be as awesome as it would be.
But it was!
I'm so happy now that Ash has an Infernape now!
In the first scene that TR was in, James voice sounded different. Dose he have a new voice actor or something?
After seeing this episode after the next episode, I don't blame Paul for calling Sunnyshore Gym "Not legit!" I wouldn't claim the badge from gym that doesn't provide a battle to earn the badge. I'd want to fight to earn what's rightfully mine!
Last edited by The Pokemon Broadcast; 16th January 2011 at 11:27 PM.
My top favorites
Claimed by me!