Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Ire With Fire! (631)

The episode was really boring and just how I expected it Infernape is small. I still love the monkey. I wish the evolution was more special. Chimchar's was better delivered.

I love that Infernape is so ugly. It's hideous, it's a monstrosity but it's so horrifying it makes it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I wish the evolution was more special. Chimchar's was better delivered.
    Better than battling against one of paul's pokemon to evolve all the time.

I love that Infernape is so ugly. It's hideous, it's a monstrosity but it's so horrifying it makes it cool.
    I guess he and paul are even then since Magmortar is just as ugly.

I'm actually kinda glad of how they handled this episode, it could've come off alot worse but was ok in the end, my only disapointment is that Infernape didn't pick up any new attacks, but that's ok considering Paul was there now that he's gone Infernape can learn attacks between now and the league to pull out on Paul when the league comes.

I'm also guessing Jun's not respecting Paul as much as he used too, heck i expected him to glomp Paul from how hyper he was towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Better than battling against one of paul's pokemon to evolve all the time.
    I prefer that over a Team Rocket evolution. Chimchar's evolution was better animated as well.

The episode was really boring and just how I expected it Infernape is small. I still love the monkey. I wish the evolution was more special. Chimchar's was better delivered.

The first part was great. I was disappointed actually from the second part. Monferno didn't return to it's normal form, like Chimchar did. I thought that Paul will use Ursaring but eventualy he used Electabuzz, fine.

Paul was little angry when Infernape evolved. I think he knew that Infernape will make for him trouble later.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I prefer that over a Team Rocket evolution. Chimchar's evolution was better animated as well.
    Despite having not seen this episode, I can easily say that Chimchar -> Monferno was more about Chimchar's complete trust in Ash after everything that's happened.

Monferno->Infernape... not so much.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Ya know, I wonder if Paul, besides waiting for the Sinnoh League, is a little envious that Ash got Chimchar to evolve all the way to Infernape. That's something I've wondered a bit. All in all, a cool episode, and now Ash has a little extra oomph on his team with Infernape.

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Yes it is said that it would happen in the Lakeside Resort but it is not the Resort Area of the game. Its the place called "Grand Lake Hotel" in the games if i am right (the same place where "Wallace Cup" took place).
    I didn't think they'd have the Grand Festival at a place we've been to before but after checking around it looks like you're correct. The place where the Wallace Cup and Grand Festival will take place are the same (Grand Lake Hotel). Thanks for that,

Since they showed the 7 Ribbons left on the TV and Jesse was there, I think its pretty safe to say that she will get them and be in the GF.
    Two Ribbons and seven chances ... I'd say that not even she can mess this up but she is a member of Team Rocket. I hope they decide to go for the Ribbons elsewhere rather then waste their time in Sunnyshore. A part of me feels that's wishful thinking, though.

What exactly about that battle got Chimchar so badly riled up that it went into blaze again?
    It's called a " Plot Device ".

And then Paul suddenly goes into "I kinda respect you now" mode. What.
    It seems like Paul is slowly warming up to the group. Not to the point that he'll have cookies and milk with them but more that he's able to tolerate being in the same Pokemon Center with them for more then five minutes. Seriously though that kid's a jerk. Maybe now that Barry's seen how big of a jerk he can be he can begin fangirling over someone who deserves it ...

... Brock.

Wait Paul respecting Ash? Not my Paul. This isn't right because it's not his character. Wow the writers screwed him up and to say the least i knew this was bound to happen anyways but why now? i guess these are Paul's last moments but anyways the episode was okay.

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Wait Paul respecting Ash? Not my Paul. This isn't right because it's not his character. Wow the writers screwed him up and to say the least i knew this was bound to happen anyways but why now? i guess these are Paul's last moments but anyways the episode was okay.
    I disagree. You can have Paul remain selfish, but you can't have him remain a hollow shell who never develops. Not to mention that even though Paul frequently calls Ash pathetic, he has grown to take him as at least a threat, so throwing Ash a bone every now and then doesn't seem that out-of-character.

Decent episode, though I was hoping for more Paul/Barry interaction. I agree that TR evolutions aren't the most exciting, but the presence of a supporting cast made it more entertaining.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    I was surprised Monferno evolved before Grotle. If I'm not mistaken, Ash's Sinnoh evo list goes...

Starly > Staravia

Then nothing for a long time...

Turtwig > Grotle

Staravia > Staraptor

Chimchar > Monferno

Monferno > Infernape

Me thinks Grotle's evolution may be same time away. Maybe not untill after the League.
    That quite isn't the whole story. You need to take a few more things into consideration. Think about it this way:

DP002: Ash catches Starly (3 team members)
    DP005: Ash catches Turtwig (4 team members)
    DP013: Starly evolves (11 Episodes)
    DP051: Chimchar joins up with Ash (5 team members)
    DP055: Aipom is traded for Buizel
    DP064: Ash catches Gligar (6 team members)
    DP085: Gligar Evolves (21 episodes)
    DP100: Turtwig evolves (95 Episodes)
    DP118: Staravia evolves (105 Episodes)
    DP132: Chimchar evolves (129 Episodes, 81 with Ash)
    DP154: Gliscor goes away (5 Team members, 90 Episodes total)
    DP157: Ash gets Gible
    DP163: Monferno evolves (31 Episodes)

Personaly, I think the sudden development of Ash's team is making up for the dry spell of development that lasted for more than 30 episodes between the point Starly evolved and the time Ash got Chimchar.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Since "Ready... GO!" plays during Monfy's evolution, I will probably see this episode.

The last time it was used during an evolution (Snorunt's) was a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Me thinks Grotle's evolution may be same time away. Maybe not untill after the League.
    Torterra being in the opening means that it would evolve by the league or during the league because that opening is for the time till the league & will change soon after the league is over.

With the news that there are 7 more contest left, i have a feeling that Dawn might take part in another contest as a training for her Grand Festival and also to make the ribbon she won in the Wallace Cup as a back-up ribbon (if i remember correct, it was said that the Wallace Cup ribbon can be used in any region but it can be registered for a Grand Festival only once meaning if she uses it for entering the Sinnoh GF then she won't be able to use it again but if she wins another contest then she can keep that ribbon as a back-up to use in a place where it is necessary).

Nice episode, but couldn't possibly live up to the hype around Monferno's evolution. I guess we'll definitely be going straight to Lake Valour after Sunyshore, which makes sense geographically as they're quite close. I was disappointed that Empoleon was used by Barry twice in this one- I never thought I'd be so desperate to see his Roserade and Staraptor get some action. And Electabuzz can almost certainly be named as Infernape's rival, which considering they were Paul's primary signature pokemon is a good move, and neither has a clear advantage over the other. So I eagerly await their rematch in the Sinnoh League, in their final forms.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Hopefully things will be all uphill from here.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Torterra being in the opening means that it would evolve by the league or during the league because that opening is for the time till the league & will change soon after the league is over.

With the news that there are 7 more contest left, i have a feeling that Dawn might take part in another contest as a training for her Grand Festival and also to make the ribbon she won in the Wallace Cup as a back-up ribbon (if i remember correct, it was said that the Wallace Cup ribbon can be used in any region but it can be registered for a Grand Festival only once meaning if she uses it for entering the Sinnoh GF then she won't be able to use it again but if she wins another contest then she can keep that ribbon as a back-up to use in a place where it is necessary).
    She may or may not decide to enter into the next contest. If they found out that the Grand Festival is at Lake Valor, they will be heading there (maybe) after Ash's last Gym Battle. That could be changed if they find out the location of the Pokemon League in the next few episodes (either from Volkner, Flint or the Sunyshore Nurse Joy).
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

great episode , just watched it , the evolution might not be the most spectacular one but it was ok.
    Anyway i thought infernape would be bigger in size ,and he seems so small

The episode was okay, I guess. I was expecting it to be better than it was. Funny how Shinji just stood there & watch Ash & co. being attack by TR. I mad that Barry has all 8 badges before Ash. They should've made Chimchar evolve from battling Barry's Empoleon instead corny TR.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Nice episode, but couldn't possibly live up to the hype around Monferno's evolution.

I think that's partially our own fault. More the animators' fault though for including Infernape in the new opening. I think if they hadn't, then we might have probably thought Flint was appearing here with his Monferno or something.

Anyway aside from that, I still wasn't too impressed with this episode. Barry could have used something else, Staraptor could have easily pushed Monferno to its limit like Empoleon did. I don't quite get what the point of Electabuzz using Protect to stop the mecha from falling was about...other than the obvious answer, a plot point.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Paul is impressed by Ash and that doesn't mean he respects Ash but even if it happens we always knew that this day will come. Maybe Paul is considering Ash a competitor now. This episode was just like Umbreon debut episode in Johto where Gary finally starts starts thinking of Ash as a tough rival.

Welcome the kick*ss Pokemon on Ash's team.

We didn't got to see much of its power but it surely will be the major powerhouse of the league.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Let's be honest here: The episode didn't feel all too special. What was stopping them from placing this anywhere? The battle with Barry, the Team Rocket Mecha, Paul showing up... All of that seems insertable in almost any episode after Chimchar's previous Evolution. But I did get my wish of it not being an in-battle evolution like many others before it. And while Paul was there, he wasn't the cause of the evolution.

Speaking of Paul and some of the disasifaction of him getting a small attitude change... to that I say, "well yeah!" It took getting to Infernape for even a small reaction to show up. We can count the number of times a Pokemon fully evolves 3-stages on one hand. And he's not a totally changed man by the way; he's still the same ol' murderous-intent Paul. It's going to take a WHOLE HEAPING HELPING of winning from Ash to get him to loosen up.

So, back to the Valor Lakefront for the Grand Festival? Cool, cool. Most of us thought it was going to be Hearthome but I can't say I'm disappointed with this choice.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Thought it was a very good episode IMO not amazing but very good

I liked it because of all it revealed more so than anything. I liked the whole evolution sequence but that it would have been cooler if they did it while ash was holdinh him and monferno trying to break free from him

I was surprised but happy to see barry had all 8 badges......was this spoiled earlier or something? Would've thought they'd pull a morrison with him and have him rushing to get his last badge but ah well what you gonna do??

Really shocked that the GF is at Lake Valor i was nearly 100 per cent on it being at the ribbon society. It's a good spot for it al; the same

With that in my mind i now believe Ash has more of a chance for BF because now the ribbon society can be something completely new with like one big huge contest/festival there which dawn can compete in at some satge while ash is on the island collecting prints/whatever they decide to do with it

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Can we just be happy that it evolved? I mean geez at least Paul wasn't responsible this time, nor was Team Rocket for that matter, if anything Barry's the one at fault.

This makes me wonder though if Ash has finally gotten Infernape to control Blaze or not, because it seems to me when Blaze kicks in, Monferno..well now Infernape could possibly snap and go on a killing rampage if it gets weakend.

I really like Paul's attitude towards Barry, maybe now that he's actually met him Barry will wise up and realise he's not like he thought he was, also loved Paul's expressions as well, i mean you could so tell he was angry when Monferno evolved, I loved it.

Like I said earlier the only real disapointing factor for me was the fact that Infernape didn't pick up any new moves. (athough it's increased Flame Wheel size is bonafied scary...) but then again it probably would've been too predictable if it had picked up a new move.

Overall a great episode, now onto sunnyshore!

Really liked the interactions between the rivals. Even though Paul declined his request, Jun still kept trying. And I like that Paul somewhat respects Ash now. He can tell that Ash has become stronger and works with them really well. He now considers Ash as a challenge, as a rival should. And of course Ash and Jun still are friends. Nice to see the two react alot.

Lake Valor for festival. Looks like Dawn is heading back to her stomping grounds.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I liked this episode my favorite part was when Ash and Monferno were in the fiery caccoon. That could end up being a new move for 5th Gen (joking) Flame Screen (weakens special grass, bug, and steel moves aimed at the user).

Random : PokéRadar

This episode looks good. Paul actually helped Pikachu, Piplup and Empoleon at the end. Well, Piplup could of got crushed for all I care.

Anybody notice that Barry doesn't have the Veilstone, Pastoria or Snowpoint badges?

Anybody know what Paul said to Barry, and what Paul said after Monferno evolved?
    Last edited by Shneak; 11th February 2010 at 10:06 PM.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast