Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Fighting Ire With Fire! (631)

This episode was good. It was great to see Monferno finally evolve into Infernape. It was cool how Monferno's Blaze surrounded Monferno and Ash and in the middle of that made Monferno evolve into Infernape. It was interesting to see Paul's Electabuzz actually provide some help for the Gang when the Pokemon were trapped in a cage and were about to crash. Odd how Monferno's out of control Blaze ability was triggered by Monferno being blasted away by Hydro Cannon.

60/100

Good episode, awesome to see Monferno evolving! Good to see we also discovered Ash's ability is Heatproof (not that he's not survived being blasted by fire millions of times before). Paul seemed to warm up to Ash a bit in this episode, sort of requesting a battle or something. Monferno's evolution was awesome, and Infernape is absolutely awesome!

James' little speech at the beginning was good as well, I don't even know why but I liked it :')
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

it was so cool when Monferno evolved into Infernape =3 its also pretty strong
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was great. It was awesome seeing Barry again aswell as his Empoleon. It was also cool to see Empoleon battle Monferno. It was cool to see Blaze get activated again but not so cool when Monferno went out of control. And to make matters worse Team Rocket decide to show up. It was very strange to see Paul help the gang. It was very cool to see Monferno evolve into Infernape.

My favorite part of this episode was when Blaze was activated, watching him go nuts was always fun to watch to me.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 3
    Deaths: 0

I lol when for like 5 minutes, happiny and brock were rolling around in those team rocket trap balls
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

This episode was fun. It was cool to see two of Ash's rivals in the same episode. And now let the Infernape spamming begin!

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

I'ts awesome that Monferno evolved into Infernape.

Hmm, Barry meets his idol, Monferno evolves, Team Rocket concoct an interesting plan. All makes for an interesting episode. Of course any episode in seasons 11-13 are automatically better for me if they have Barry.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This was a great episode. Monferno learning to control blaze by evolving was pure epic. Both Barry and Paul were great in this episode, though Paul seemed slightly ooc IMO. All these Paul and Chimchar plot episodes just continue to impress me.
    10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Much better than whatever the heck "Chim-Charred" was supposed to be: it was okay in my eyes. Not bad, but not good. Paul was less of a d*ck than usual, which was nice, and Barry was good for once (normally, this guy made me want to smash my face in, too), Ash was nothing special/okay, Brock was bad and useless here (that is how he is in most DP eps, though, so I'm not surprised), TRio were bad as always here, and Dawn was also just okay this episode.

Rating: 70/100
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 16th January 2014 at 5:31 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I actually felt pretty bad for Barry here; Paul snubbed him hard. Team Rocket's rocker disguises made me shriek in a good way and it was cool that Dawn learned the location of the Grand Festival. TR trapping Ash and friends in bubbles made me cackle, but Monferno's Blaze drama and eventual evolution made me yawn; I wasn't here for his antics at all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567